Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate No Place Like Home for the Wieludays [GA Populate of Wielu]

Bernard

post tenebris lux
7.png

Above Coruscant | Prosperity | En Route to Main Gathering
Bernard did his best keeping track of all the new words Ishida used in reference to the holiday the people on Atrisia celebrated, but his attention kept being diverted. Something about Life Day made him jumpy. He couldn't quite place his finger on what, but he had this nagging feeling that some Spirit of Sithmas might jump out at him from any corner. Nothing about it appeared to be physical, he felt fine, but deeper, beyond the material, he felt he could sense the Force warning him of... well something. It came as some baseline restlessness within the metaphysical that made his thoughts all scattered, diverting his attention from Ishida to possible hiding places and entryways for attackers.

"Naturally, I wanted to stay somewhat current—" was that someone behind the statue? No? Just his imagination.

He turned without letting his eyes leave the statue to give a brief explanation of what life day was when he felt Ishida pull his arm to prompt him to stop.

He cursed inwardly. Had he walked too quickly, betraying his diverted attention? Had she noticed that he hadn't heard the rest of her sentence? It hadn't been intentional, there was some pervasive sense of unease about the station, that began when they'd turned the corner two hallways ago. Surely she'd understand the predicament.

A blue light caught him from the corner of his eye, and he glanced its way. Silence followed for several moments as the sight sunk in. His eyes widened, nostrils flared, and he inhaled a sharp breath, as the ambush finally made itself apparent.

The Force had been warning him of danger after all, but he'd misinterpreted its signs. The danger didn't lurk with where he was, but with who he was with. It had been warning him of Ishida and the ambush she'd prepared.

He was stunned into silence, furiously considering the best course of action to deal with this manner of psychological warfare. Jedi training had prepared him for much, but he'd never encountered Dun Möch practised by a Jedi. There were a few options available that always worked, however, one being to make the source of such an attack disappear. Fumbling, he reached for the disc in her hand, ostensibly to make the hologram disappear.

"How did you get that?!"

geshb.png

YOUR PRESENTS IS REQUESTED | CORUSCANT| GALA
div-hohohokay.png

Osarla Ridor Osarla Ridor

"It's not my word that's broken..."

Pryce winced as the orb crashed against the pristine floor, then he spotted the glass of liquid courage in her hand and stood, slackjawed.

"And you're drinking?" Pryce couldn't believe this. Osarla, a Master of the Order, being so irresponsible as to bring children to as big and important of a function as this and also drink on the job? He pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. To be fair, this was very much a move Osarla would pull. In the field though, it usually saved lives. Today, it was just going to make his a little more difficult. The twins slinked over and he noticed for the first time, that at least she had made them dress up nicely for the event. With a sigh, he knelt and ruffled their hair.

"Don't worry about the orb. They've got a billion more like it." Already a discrete mouse droid was sucking up the shards and moving along to make sure that the floor stayed pristine. He gave the twins his best 'You're not in trouble smile' and then looked up at Osarla with his 'But you are' frown.

"You're here tonight because your Aunt thought you could be good. Can you be good? I've got to go 'mingle'" he made a face and Gabriella smirked. Gabe just frowned and crossed his arms.

"Of course we can!"

"Good, go on then. Meet back at the tree in an hour." The pair gave him little mock salutes and scampered off. Standing back up, trying to make himself look tall, which was futile when looking up at Osarla's giant frame, he put on his best Admiral face.

"I ask for one night. One. Night."

-

7.png
Tags: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez Valery Noble Valery Noble

Lyrrin watched Kalie and Valery embrace while Kahlil was being rather reserved in the face of the new faces, Lyrrin's included. Though Lyrrin hadn't lived under a rock and knew well what that surname was attached to. The agent's eyes narrowed and glanced towards Valery briefly "Regards to the happy couple's success." he spoke in reference to the unborn child. His tone was icy then he looked towards Kahlil again "I'd like to get to know you more - seeing as we just met." despite Lyrrin's attempt at sounding plausibly friendly, it was a thin façade. He put the packages down on a table near the group and motioned towards a refreshments table, the absolute furthest one from the group "Lets get something for the table, hm? Chat a little on our way." as he began to move away from the group at a pace slow enough to invite Kahlil to follow him he looked back at them "We will back shortly. You two should catch up, its been a bit." in contrast to Lyrrin's atitutde the small golden festive bells on his outfit jingled away in a pleasantly.

7.png

ABOVE CORUSCANT | PROSPERITY | EN ROUTE TO MAIN GATHERING
Bernard Bernard

GJ0kJ7Y.png

"How did I —–" Ishida stepped back at the initial sign of struggle, intent on protecting the precious discovery. She couldn’t very well stretch it above her and out of his grasp. Instead, her reaction was to clutch it closer and turn her shoulder to him as if to block him out from reaching the piece of technology. The grouchy projection of Bernard jittered with the sudden movements, flickering unstably.

" — It's.." Barely managing to explain herself through her laughter, she sputtered out the words between fits of giggles. "Just a Life Day Miracle."

All the years missed, wishing to find the other sooner in life, were natural desires. Part of sweet nothings that came up as idle reminiscence, baseless wants despite how endearing their sentiments — but not being together constantly, and having separate histories, allowed for delightful moments such as these. So instead of any hint of longing in her eyes, there were only sparkles of mirth and mischief.

"Do you still have it?" Her free hand snapped out at his wrist to stop his insatiable clawing at the projection, while the other arm curled behind her back to keep it from his reach.

"The outfit? The hat at least. Please tell me you have the hat."

Last edited:
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
There she goes making sense again.

Ryv did look her way. The conviction behind her words encapsulated him. He was willing to believe them for a moment and accept that maybe, just maybe, he did leave behind that gnawing desire to do rather than be. His family provided him peace in solitude. Against all odds, he managed to build a life beyond the duties of a Jedi Knight. A life he wanted to share with her.

His cheeks took on a shade of red at the thought.

"You're right," Ryv nodded. "Being away from all the fighting, it's been nice. My outlook on the galaxy has expanded in ways I never thought possible. I like it. It's kept me on my toes. So much to learn, so much to do..." he chuckled. "Maybe I can bring the kids to your place on Epoch sometime next week? I've told them all kinds of stories from when we were younger. I'm sure they'd love to meet you."

And, of course, he'd love to spend more time with her. But no one needed to know that.

Last edited:
KA-SIA-Banner.png

AGENT: KALIE ALVEREZ
OBJECTIVE II: ADORE PREGO VALERY
TAGS: Valery Noble Valery Noble Lyrrin Lyrrin Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble (open)

Kalie giggled at Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble 's reaction to her comment. She studied him, looking at his features and sturdy frame. She could tell why Valery Noble Valery Noble liked him… He seemed… genuine… and kriffin' handsome… although possibly a bit stiff…. She determined that she would likely enjoy teasing him.

She found tears welling up in her eyes again as Valery took his hand and pressed into her lover, looking up into his eyes. She blinked the tears away quickly, letting out a sigh, "You two are adorable together." She said softly with a smile, squeezing Nobles arm slightly. It was possible that her emotions were heightened today at least in part to her general state of mind and personal wrestles with missing Gramani terribly.

Kalie was slightly caught off guard by Valery's question regarding how the two of them have been. She pulled her head back slightly, blinking her eyes, trying to come up with an appropriate response. She didn't want to draw any attention to herself, and the last thing she wanted was to bring down the mood at all... so she opted for flashing a quick smile, "Good!" She said plainly and very forcefully. As it came out of her mouth, she winced at realizing how unbelievable she likely sounded, and so she tried to give more of an explain, "I'm good! It's been… well… you know…" She gave a shrug and a knowing expression to the other agents who were intimately aware of the trauma and pressures of being an agent. "But hey… Let's talk about you! I mean, you must be what… third trimester? Where will you guys have the baby?" She gently placed both palms onto Valery's belly again, hoping to feel a kick.

It was around that time that Lyrrin Lyrrin began to show a very defensive position towards Valery, desiring to vet the newcomer, almost like a father would do for their daughter if they brought home a new young man. Kalie looked at him, giving him an expression that communicated how absolutely adorable she felt like he was being right now.

"Awwww!" She said, squeezing his shoulder as well, "Lyrrin… you are seriously the sweetest." As Lyrinn invited Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble to join him in an inquisitive gander, Kalie turned her attention back to Valery Noble Valery Noble , a sparkle in her eye, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to… but… are you going to continue as a Shadow?" She asked, her hands still holding her belly gently, awaiting for a kick or movement from the baby. She couldn't imagine what it would be like to be a mother as well as continue to operate in their line of profession.

if they're watching anyways
Ryv Ryv
"Yes!" Auteme smiled, taking her hands away to put them together. "I mean, as long as you're only telling them good stories about me," she joked, "otherwise- well, I would hate to be seen as being as dastardly as that conniving villain Euteme."

She laughed.

"But yes, sometime next week, is just fine. I'll have a bit of work to attend to, but most of it's on Epoch, and it's not like I need to go far. And the place- well, the actual Senator's home was... a touch off, and there was... a vacancy... in Epoch's palace. Obviously I don't have the whole thing, but lots of space for the kids to run around in. I'll send you the details later."

Her hands came up and patted her cheeks. "Okay, I'm- feeling better, I think. Is there anyone you want to go say hi to?"

Invincible is merely a word.

Untitled-1.png

TOSHISHUN
Watchman Ashina | Ghost of Atrisia
Atrisia, Months Prior
binal-scratchmore.png

Cool wind sent dust rolling across a vacated village street. A lone hooded figure stalked up from the settlements ingress. Eight men poured from a building opposite it. Frightened faces watched from their windows, anxious eyes unable to identify the loner. Both sides approached slowly, the larger of the two drawing their blades in near synchronization. Unphased, the solitary figure continued to approach. Slowly, the distance between them shrunk with deliberate, careful steps.

Suddenly, the fore-figure of the eight men produced a blaster. "Don't come any closer!"

Wordlessly, the figure complied, leaving several yards between them.

"Show yourself!"

Two lithe hands gingerly removed the hood. Inosuke's face, now exposed, regarded the group before him with neutrality. The sight of him sent murmurs through the crowd of eight. They'd all heard rumors of the ghost, but none of them ever thought he'd come here.

"Ashina!?" the man gasped. "I thought your father sent you away to exile."

"Watanabe," Inosuke greeted. They had never met, but they certainly knew of one another. "He did," Inosuke confirmed.

"Yet here you are playing hero."

"Your father sent you to
School, yet here you are playing thug."

"What's it to you, huh!? You think you can stop us!?"

"Go home, Watanabe Yorinobu. You've caused the people of this place enough grief. I will be forced to arrest you should you not disperse."

A froglike grin crept over Watanabe's face. Small chuckles syncopated before evolving into a full guffaw. All of his goons mirrored him.

"Oh yeah!? How are you going to do that? It's just your sword against all of us!"

"It is enough."

Another gust of wind heralded an intense silence. Eyes paced, fingers twitched, tongues fidgeted. Two sudden screams of blaster fire broke the silence like a brick on glass. Brilliant azure hissed from Ashina's grip, tilted twice to return each fiery bolt to sender. Men charged. Plasma met steel and flesh with deft motion, painting a scattering of bodies through the street. Inosuke pressed, impaled an aggressor through the chest, whirled to meet another head on. The assailant screamed, backed off, mirroring Ashina's every step in reverse until a wall stopped him. Staring the down the tip of lightsaber, he continued to scream.

Inosuke's austere expression broke into disgust and embarrassment. "Children shouldn't play with swords."

Metal clattered to floor as the man discarded his weapon, panting heavily.

"Leave."

Eagerly, the coward ran, nearly tripping over the strewn out mixture of corpses and writing forms of his comrades.

"H-Hey..." the voice of Watanabe weakly called out. "Ashina-"

Inosuke stepped toward the dying Yorinobu, bleeding profusely from half-cauterized blaster wounds.

"I have a favor to ask," he pleaded through blood a phlegm.

"What?" Inosuke obliged, allowing the dying man the dignity of his ear.

"My blaster," he choked. "I was never a swordsman. I feel... I feel naked without it." Yorinobu reached for the weapon just out of his reach. "I must take it with me into the next word."

Inosuke stared.

"It's okay, I fired the last of the tibanna."

Down onto both knees, Inosuke took up the blaster, placed it into Watanabe's weak grasp. His frog grin returned with sudden vitality once he had the steel in his fingers. With shaking grasp he struggled to point it toward Inosuke, who showed no discernable reaction.

"I can't! Everything's going dark, damnit!" A shot went off into the dirt as Yorinobu's body went limp.

A disappointed exhale preceded Inosuke's rise to his feet. Residents began to slowly pour from their homes and businesses to see for themselves if it was really over. Rejoice flooded their demeanors at the reality of the liberation. Yet, before they could hail Ashina their hero, the Jedi had left just as soon as he'd arrived; a ghost on the wind.

7.png

I CAN HEAR THEM CALLING ME
Prosperity, Present Day
Henna Ashina Henna Ashina ( probably also Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina and Bernard Bernard )
GJ0kJ7Y.png

Through the hangar's magnetic atmo-shield entered a late shuttle. Mechanical hiss pierced the ambience, slide-door retracting to reveal an exiting Ashina. Stepping down the boarding ramp with a small bag over his shoulder, Inosuke scanned the hangar searchingly. His tardiness quickly became apparent when beholding the lack of any other arrivals. Hearing of the celebration had been last minute, with duties on Atrisia having gripped his full attention, he'd nearly forgotten about the holiday altogether.

By the time he made it to the site of gathering and celebration, most of it had already started. Faces familiar and unfamiliar in a sea of festivity sourced a sonic wall of laughter and conversation. It would have been a much nicer sight if he could help noticing the faces missing. If he could help remembering that he should have been one of them. What-ifs and should-haves had been stuck in his head since this mess all started. Prosperity would only do so much to bring them all together, to lay those bones to rest. Life Day was another excuse to forget.

One they all needed.

Inosuke dropped his bag into a seat vacant seat, abandoning it to wade into the sea of limbs. Breaking through the initial barrier of Jedi, something caught within his field of view just before he could make it to the prepared concessions. A double take for confirmation encountered no error. At table equidistant from the concession, the side-profile of a familiar face, entirely oblivious to his presence. His course reverted. Careful, deliberate steps carried him surreptitiously toward the table, stopping once slightly behind Henna on her left side.

"I am surprised you managed to pull yourself from Tython," he teased after a brief linger.

vrJgmMT.png

Kahlil kept mostly silent, watching Valery Noble Valery Noble interact with Lyrrin Lyrrin and Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez with quite the smile. For him, it was a relief to see her have such close friends. Given when the two first met on New Cov and how out of time Valery had been, couldn't blame him. Course, even without his ability to sense intentions it wasn't hard to tell the Farghul had a couple of words to share with him. Was this what it was like to meet an over protective father?

He stuffed down the thought less he burst out into laughter and nodded. "I'd like that." As much as it seemed like a threat coming from Lyrrin, Kahlil truly did want to be friends with those Valery was close to. He stuffed down whatever nervousness he had for the coming talk, kissed Valery's cheek, nodding to Kalie, and followed along after Farghul. "Find us a table, yeah?"

When they were out of earshot Kahlil spoke up again, glancing to Lyrrin with a curious brow raised. "So, is this going to be a thing about Valery or about me being a Zambrano? I don't mind either way."

geshb.png

O P E R A T I O N_B L A C K W I N G
Chapter 2 : Life Day Negotiations

FINAL DAWN
CORUSCANT , CORE WORLDS
DISGUISE
(Minus the Imperial Medallion)

The less fortune to the north thank you for your, ah, magnanimity,” Tithe replied. “I must say my good man, your enterprise is unfamiliar to me. If you would care to indulge me, what is this Collective?
So far the Director-Admiral had gained Tithe's attention. Although surprisingly he wasn't really familiar with the Intergalactic Shipping Collective perhaps something to do with the fact that it was a relatively new corporation having been formed within a few days after the collapse of the Confederacy by the merger of several smaller Coreward Corporations all seeking their place in the sun by taking advantage of the Post-Confederate Power Vacuum to establish themselves as a Major Megaconglomerate. They had only just begun expanding and had yet to gain prominence throughout the galaxy having only gained limited exposure via their actions in the Seswenna Sector.

"The Intergalactic Shipping Collective is a recently new Corporation established via the merger of a group of smaller Corporations from the Core Worlds although we have since relocated to the Seswenna Sector. We have mostly focus on Trade , Shipping and Logistics Services which is what brought me here in the first place Chancellor. We've heard about your proposed SILK Trade Route Act and have taken a great interest in collaborating with the Alliance in regards to it's development. It not only helps us grow but it also allows us to assist those in need within the Southern Systems that are at risk of being targeted by hostile entities such as the Brotherhood of the Maw for their Valuable Assets. To give them hope for a brighter future."

Directly Interacting with | Aerarii Tithe | Isla Draellix
Nearby | Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce | Osarla Ridor Osarla Ridor | Lao Pak | Seto Du Couteau

vrJgmMT.png

Valery: Appearance
OjiDOHJ.png
"You two are adorable together."
Valery chuckled at Kalie's excitement and squeezed her lover's hand once more, a gentle blush on her cheeks as her eyes shifted away from him and back to Kalie. Valery knew her pregnancy was going to draw attention, and while she was happy to show it to her friends, being at the center of attention constantly within a group of friends was not something she was too fond of. This is why she asked Lyrrin and Kalie about how they had been but to her surprise, something changed about Kalie.
The friendly redhead's excited exterior shifted for a moment, causing Valery to tilt her head just lightly. She wasn't going to call her out on it though, not here with so many people around. Instead, she let Kalie shift the focus back to her and offered a warm smile.
"That's right, it won't be too long before the baby is born," she replied with a warm smile. "And we'll probably get the baby at a good hospital since it's our first time. Just to be safe and feel more comfortable." Her eyes shifted to Kahlil again for a second but then turned to Lyrrin, who seemed interested in a one-on-one with Kahlil.
Was it because he was trying to be protective? Or had the Zambrano name piqued his interest? Either way, she hoped it was going to be okay. They had been through enough trouble already lately, and she didn't want this moment to be ruined by negative confrontations.
So when Kahlil kissed her cheek, she smiled at him and looked between him and Lyrrin, "Don't be gone too long." Her eyes settled on Lyrrin especially, before she watched Kalie place her hands on her stomach. After a moment, she'd gently feel the baby shifting around, which got Valery to smirk as Kalie was sure to feel it too.
"After my daughter is born, I'll first be with her and Kahlil for a while. I'll work on physically getting back in shape during that time too, but I'll be back to action after. Just... have to balance it with my family." Valery then patted Kalie on the shoulder and began guiding her over to a table.
Now alone, she looked at Kalie somewhat inquisitively.
"Hey, not to bring the mood down but if you need a friend to talk to, about anything, just let me know, okay?" she asked, quite confident that Kalie knew what Valery was referring to. She cared about her friends and when they seemed down, she was always ready and willing to listen or help.
n0m34qi.png

-

vrJgmMT.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Lyrrin was silent for a moment as Kahlil posed the question to the topic of their upcoming conversation, the silence didn't last long though "Both." he glanced to the man "How did you get here from the Sith Empire? Did you defect?" his tone still held a chilly tone to it. Before giving Kahlil the time to respond he answered his own question "Of course you did. You all scurried away one time or another. I haven't heard of many of the infamous Zambrano family dying in the civil war for the glory of-" he waved his hand dismissively in the air "Whatever you convinced yourselves you stood for. No the better question is; why did you?"

The Farghul motioned towards Valery and Kalie in the growing distance between the two groups "For her?" his eyes searched his face "No? Family issues?" it was abundantly clear that Lyrrin held a skeptical attitudes towards Kahlil and his motivations. For a family so renown for their brutality and the horrors they had wrought on the Galaxy perhaps it was not so shocking that his immediate perception of the entire batch was so low.

As the pair approached a refreshment table Lyrrin picked up a large square platter and began to slowly fill it with different food. This time he looked to nothing other than his food gathering duties "You can assure us that you'd not harm Valery, not directly at least. But then again we aren't talking about trouble in paradise." he let that sentiment linger until he followed up with "Suffering is an old family friend. How far removed are you from it?" his feline eyes looked up from the table then to intently stare Kahlil in the eyes awaiting his answers.

KA-SIA-Banner.png

AGENT: KALIE ALVEREZ
OBJECTIVE II: ADORE PREGO VALERY
TAGS: Valery Noble Valery Noble Lyrrin Lyrrin Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble (open)

At the movement of the baby girl, Kalie let out a delighted gasp as a big smile spread across her face. She had always loved kids, being drawn to them in almost a naturally mother-like protectiveness, likely due to the lack of security she had experienced growing up.

"After my daughter is born, I'll first be with her and Kahlil for a while. I'll work on physically getting back in shape during that time too, but I'll be back to action after. Just... have to balance it with my family."

“Wow… you’re amazing. Thats quite a transition! If you even need... someone to... babysit…” Her eyes furrowed slightly and her train of thought drifted as Valery Noble Valery Noble guided her gently towards a table. She had a feeling that she was about to be confronted by her friend, and a sense of panic immediately arose within her as she slowly sat down and turned to Valery, a look of concern filling her face…

not for Valery… but for herself… for how she would respond… for what might come next.

"Hey, not to bring the mood down but if you need a friend to talk to, about anything, just let me know, okay?"

Kalie had evidently let a crack form in her carefully crafted exterior, and the storm that she always tried to keep buried deep underneath was growing out of control. She looked down immediately, almost ashamed at being caught, as if she had somehow let everyone down… as if she was ashamed that she wasn’t strong enough to be the person that she felt like she was suppose to be.

The truth was… she often put on a show. A display of the happy-go-lucky agent who always knew how to lighten the mood in an attempt to help her friends cope with the trauma they often experienced on the field. But in truth… she had no idea who she was anymore. With the blur of her personas… the ever flowing torrent of acting and deceiving and giving others exactly what they wanted in order to get something from them in return…. She had lost herself. She felt unsteady… insecure… as if she would disintegrate at any moment and realize the awful truth that it had all been a lie… that her relationship with Gramani Fey’la Gramani Fey’la was a manipulation… That her friendships with Valery Noble Valery Noble and Lyrrin Lyrrin were facades of her own invention…

Her mouth became dry, and her throat closed tightly, almost choking on the mountain of fear that was swirling inside of her. She sat there, trying to gain some form of collectedness, trying to discipher the right amount of leakage she should reveal to Valery… and how much she should keep buried underneath. To let the whole torrent loose would be devastating, and so she knew that she needed to give Valery something

Just not everything.

She cleared her throat forcefully, pulling her hair back behind her ear as she finally forced her eyes upward to meet Valery’s,

“Thanks… I appreciate it… you caring about me.” She offered a weak smile. Every word seemed labored. “You know…. I almost died the other day. In some run down star forge… on the edge of Alliance space…”

She looked around quickly, lowering the volume of her voice, making sure no-one else could hear her.

“… I just… can’t help but feel like… it’s all pointless… She gave Valery an apologetic expression, then let her eyes drop again as she continued, “…Am I making a difference? Is anything we're doing… changing anything? I mean... weren't you basically involved in this same kriffin' war thousands of years ago? Has anything changed? I’m not delusional, I know that… I know that I will likely be dead within the next couple of years… If it didn’t happen on that star forge… then… It will just be in some other gutter on some other distant planet….” Her face expression then constricted into an expression of deep sadness as her eyes filled with tears. It took all of her might to keep the tears at bay, “Umm…” Her voice quivered softly, “I almost wish I had never… met… Gramani…” Tears finally slid down her cheeks as she tried to hide her face behind her arms, completely embarrassed that she had let this much emotion out. She felt like she was completely ruining what should have been a joyful day for Valery Noble Valery Noble and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble .

Internally she cursed at herself for being so selfish.

“… Because… it’s easier to die... for something… when you don’t have someone… to live for…” She sniffed behind her arms, her frame shaking subtly under the weight of her own words. “… I miss him…” she finally admitted weakly.

“I’m sorry…”

She was sorry for ruining their life day celebration.

She was sorry for being so weak.

She was sorry for being so vulnerable.

Last edited:
gwesg.png

TYTHON | WATCHMAN SARRATT | SOME TIME AGO

0v7RlQs.png

Using the vine for leverage, Henna hoisted herself up the steep incline. All too late, the soft tearing of fabric reached her ears as her burlap robe snagged on a branch. Wrinkles of contempt lined her face as she grabbed the caught clothing and yanked it from its prison. There was once a day she would have embraced the wilds around her. The rift had always held its own unique beauty, though it was far overshadowed by its aura of adventure. There was still a part of the master that yearned for it, but the surface had grown too used to the pristine and well-kept gardens of the temple.

"Well, yes, you have grown soft, my dear." A wild cackle from a clearing behind the tree line drew her attention.

"I suppose that's better than growing into loony hermit woman." Henna's response was met with more wild cackles.

The source became clearer as the tree line gave way to a cliff mirror to the one she had just scaled. At the edge stood a leathery hunchback, her robes identical to the younger's. Supported by a staff that was as gnarled as she, the woman turned to face her visitor. Despite her age, one could see where the beauty had been, but time had taken it's toll.

"A loony hermit, eh? Is that what they've taken to calling me now?" The woman sniffed at the disrespect, then threw her head back into more laughter. "The boldness of kids nowadays- And I thought you were going to give me a heart attack when you were their age! Well, I'm sure they'll be tempered eventually, you certainly were."

Henna joined the elder's side, looking down over the valley. The sun had begun to set over the bowl. One moon rose in the sky with another soon to join it, as orange neutralized the vibrant colors of the jungle below. A herd of bantha grazed on the plush undergrowth.

"I'd think the same if I didn't know you. A fabled legend living in the rift, surrounded by her farm animals, with no contact with anyone for months?" Henna threw a pointed gaze then arched an eyebrow. "What are you doing out here, Kona?"

"Oh, don't give me that. You were far from the first pupil I brought up, and now you have brought up your own. It was time for me to leave it to the next generation, Henna."

"Even with all that has happened?" Henna asked with a grimace.

"War is eternal. I taught you as much. I am not." The master challenged the younger with her own look. "Is it them who needs me? Or you?"

A honey gaze dropped from the old woman to the floor.

"You should know the bond does not fade so easily- and you wouldn't have come all the way down here if it was not dire. So tell me, child, what is it that ails you?" When the question went unanswered, the woman continued. "Not knowing is the worst. Aye, child, I have been there as well."

The senior moved to a nearby rock, hoisting herself onto its smooth surface. A wrinkled hand invited Henna to join. The moment was reminiscent of so many others, years ago, only miles north. Henna complied in silence.

"Do you see the way the herd moves?" Kona asked, guiding the eyes with her staff. "They can feel the storm coming. The skies are clear now, but soon, they'll be alive with ash and molten rock. The bantha doesn't know why she does this, nor does she know what will happen, but she knows it will happen." Deep blue eyes met amber. "Do you understand, Henna?"

7.png

LIFEDAY | PROSPERITY | PRESENT
Inosuke Ashina Inosuke Ashina

0v7RlQs.png

A false smile filled with false enthusiasm painted the teacher's face as one of her students rambled about all she had read from "Kyber and the Living Force", which the master had given her for life day. It had been lovely and enduring to see a pupil with such enthusiasm, and so thankful... for the first ten minutes.

"Uh huh."

The master raised the golden goblet to her lips, slowly sipping the emerald ichor, giving her cheeks a break.
"I am surprised you managed to pull yourself from Tython,"

The master smiled over the rim, her eyes flickering over as she began to nod... when suddenly her gaze flew back. Eyes widened in disbelief, while wine came shooting out of her nose in one of her less graceful moments. Only then did the eager youngling pause in her tracks, a confused expression flickering between Inosuke and Henna.

"Sibyl," The master coughed, wiping away green from her chin. "Why don't you go play with the others? I think they're over there, waiting on Saint Asmundr."

The youngling nodded slowly, her eagerness slowly shifting from her teachers to getting away from the palpable awkwardness of the moment, before breaking into sprint towards the life day tree. Henna then turned to the knight, a begrudging smile forming on her lips.

"Me? I didn't think they had shuttles off Atristia."

Last edited:
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"Sounds like a plan," Ryv nodded.

Her question left him quiet as he stopped to consider it. He wanted to see only her, Maynard, and Loske. Ripley was around from time to time on Denon, so he wasn't left wanting there. The other two, well, he hadn't seen either of them in years. The kiffar couldn't begin to guess what they'd been doing in all this time. He hoped for something peaceful. Maybe a return to what life was like before the war.

"Er- no, not really. Most of the people I cared about are gone, dead, or doing something else. I'm not sure my students would be hanging around at a Life Day party, either."

Ryv never liked the random get-togethers. Even for the holidays. Making time away from the war only felt meaningful when he found something else to do to fill his time. Helping others or training were the go-to, but neither seemed feasible then.

"I'm not confident me being here is even a good idea. This isn't the same Order I left. Most of these folks are, uh, I dunno. Strangers, I guess."

Strangers who took up his banner.

"It wouldn't hurt to meet some of them. Maybe."

Last edited:

vrJgmMT.png

Valery: Appearance
OjiDOHJ.png
"We'd love to have you as a babysitter when we need one."
Valery smiled warmly and sat down at the table, but when the conversation shifted to Kalie, it was easy to notice that her friend was struggling a great deal. The woman who always seemed so happy and excited changed completely, her posture now tight and closed as she tried to find the words to respond to Valery. If it hadn't been for her noticing it earlier, such a shift would have caught Valery by surprise, but now the empathic woman just remained quiet and listened.
"Thanks… I appreciate it… you caring about me."
"Of course, we're friends," she said with a comforting smile.
"You know…. I almost died the other day. In some run-down star forge… on the edge of Alliance space…"
Valery went quiet again, frowning now as she watched Kalie make sure nobody else was listening in. The woman clearly wanted this to stay between them, which meant it was quite personal and likely difficult to get through. So this time, she let her get through everything uninterrupted, hoping that getting it off her chest would help a little.
"… Because… it's easier to die... for something… when you don't have someone… to live for…" She sniffed behind her arms, her frame shaking subtly under the weight of her own words. "… I miss him…" she finally admitted weakly.
"I'm sorry…"
"There's nothing you have to apologize for," Valery said as she stood up and walked over to wrap an arm around her friend. Much of what she talked about were things Valery could relate to, so it was a pain she had shared before. Especially in times where she experienced great loss.
"Nothing we do is pointless, even if History seems to always point at endless conflict. If nobody stands up against oppressive or destructive forces, there may be no war, but there will never be peace, comfort, or security either. You'd be living your whole life on your knees." Valery said as she hugged the woman just a little more tightly.
"And if we don't have people we care about or love, we may have nothing left to lose or leave behind, but we'd also never truly understand what we're fighting for." she looked over at Kahlil. "We fight to defend all people who need it, but it's those closest to us who give us the strength to keep going, especially in difficult times," Valery said with the tone of a big sister — she wasn't talking down or lecturing, but simply giving her perspective.
She now stepped back from the hug a little, and looked Kalie in the eyes, "Missing him is fine, but don't lose hope that he'll be back with you. It's your hope and strength that keeps him going, as much as he keeps you going." she said, definitely understanding how it feels. Until recently, she lived with the same fear regarding Kahlil.
Valery then squeezed Kalie's shoulder and offered a comforting smile.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Do you know what it's like to grow up knowing your only use is to be a body for your father to inhabit if he needed or wanted to?" Rather than answer the questions Lyrrin Lyrrin posed for him he asked his own. He gathered up his own platter of food, most of which were for Valery Noble Valery Noble and the.. Unique cravings she had these days. He'd never forgive himself for as much as he'd already missed of her pregnancy, but he was determined to make up for it. Even if she never held him accountable, he did.

"Out of all of my siblings, and boy there are way too many, that was my uniqueness. I fled when I was still a teenager, before the schism that brought down my Father's Empire. I only became a Jedi because someone else approached me. Said because of my family's name and the power it had I should use it for the good. The Zambrano Jedi." He chuckled lightly, glancing back towards Valery and Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez as the two spoke.

"Few don't care about my name. My father is Kaine Zambrano. Carnifex. I'd lie if I told you I'm removed from that suffering. I'd also be lying if I said my daughter is removed from it." His gaze shifted back to Lyrrin, the smile gone for a moment. "I left the Sith for me, long before I met Valery. For better or worse, I'm never leaving her side again. They've no connection to each other." He let out a sigh, smiling after a moment.

"While I get the seriousness behind it all, can I ask you something else? Bit more lighthearted." Without even waiting, and while making sure Valery wasn't looking his way, he pulled out a small box with a simple gold ring. No gemstones, no fancy embroidery.

"I could probably get whatever I'd like, being a prince and all." He let the joke linger for a moment before clearing his throat. "You think it's too simple?"

7.png

Outfit
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Lyrrin Lyrrin | Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez
Viera continued to watch from afar, admittedly in mild fascination in what was unfolding. From the redhead’s upbeat personality, the outright giggling she could hear from even this far. Although Viera did pick up on how the woman’s posture seemed to slacken every now and then, as though something was bothering her. Then there was the Farghul, who seemed to be particularly icy towards Valery’s partner.

Given his namesake, she supposed the reaction was fair. Zambrano wasn’t exactly a name you’d hear in this space, at least not without a couple blades crossed.

She raised an eyebrow when the group seemed to split off, Valery and Kalie going to find a table whereas Kahlil and Lyrrin were looking to grab some food. Although, the way the Farghul was carrying himself, it looked more an excuse to have a private word with the man.

Watching the two women get settled at a table, Viera sighed. She glanced around at herself, sitting alone in isolation with no one but herself at fault for it. Ever since she knew what was awaiting her, the Thyrsian had seemingly kept herself away from others. After all, what would be the point of interacting with others if you were just going to inevitably die in the future.

Screw it. She wasn’t going to allow herself to wallow in silence, Viera knew at least one person here even if only slightly. That was enough to keep her mind off things, it had too…

The Thyrsian stood up from her chair, making her way over to where Valery and Kalie were seated. She approached them from behind, being missed by Valery’s brief look to see if anyone was close by. As Viera drew closer though, she started to hear what the redhead was saying, and she paused. The coincidence wasn’t missed by her, with how similar her own thoughts were barely a minute or two ago.

Whatever it was that had brought Kalie to this point, it sounded personal and Viera felt awful for practically eavesdropping, even if it was unintentional.

She remained where she stood, listening to what Valery said in response. It brought a smile to her face, and gave the Thyrsian that little bit more of a push to step out of her own shadow.

Master Noble is quite right.” Viera began to speak, but not until after she stepped around and into the womens’ view, rather than potentially startling them. “Those that we cherish and love, they’re never truly gone. They are still here, and here.” She said, pointing to her head then her heart. “For as long as we continue to remember them, they’ll always remain with us.

Viera offered Kalie a soft smile, before looking at Valery. “My apologies, I didn’t mean to intrude. I’m Viera, I don’t know if you remember me well from Coruscant? I just-” The Thyrsian paused, realising she was beginning to ramble. “I wanted to congratulate you and your partner.

geshb.png

YOUR PRESENTS IS REQUESTED | CORUSCANT| GALA
Attire

div-hohohokay.png

The Ralltiiri braced for impact as Gabriel and Gabriella Pryce tackle-hugged their mother; each twin wrapping their arms around the tall and slender blonde's waist, giving the woman a rather overly excited squeeze.

"Yay, you're back early. We missed you, Mommy!" exclaimed the young girl, who was a mini-me of the elder Pryce.

"I missed you guys too!" she smiled down warmly, hugging Gabe and Gabby back. "I am... So what are you two up to? And where's your father, hmm?"

"We're gonna go check out the chocolate fountain... Make sure no one is double dipping because that isn't okay," the young boy answered directly with a knowing nod, then he quickly pointed across the room, flashing a lopsided grin. "Dad is over by the tree mingling. See ya!"

And with that, the ten-year-olds were off before she could remind them to be on their best behavior. Ugh?!

A parent's silent prayer was made to the heavens above, then Ava began her stroll through the festive crowd in search of her husband, grabbing a flute of champagne from a server droid along the way. Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce wasn't expecting his wife to join him and the kids on Coruscant till the end of the week as business of a family nature had taken Goldie to her homeworld of Ralltiir... So her presence at the gala this night would indeed be a surprise. Hopefully, a pleasant development for all given the trip she made had been more productive than initially planned on.

"I ask for one night. One. Night."

Stepping up beside the unsuspecting Senator of Corellia, Ava slipped her arm around his as the military-bred man stood stoically. "Well, that depends on the one night," she chortled softly with a playful wink to follow, then the seasoned starfighter pilot turned her golden head to address the towering Torgruta Jedi standing on the other side of him.

"Hello... I'm Ava. You must be Master Osarla Ridor Osarla Ridor ? I am most grateful for all you've done to help keep this stubborn ol' fool out of harm's way. Thank you," she smiled up at the exotic beauty sincerely with a raise of her glass before taking a sip of the bubbly.

Last edited:

Bernard

post tenebris lux
7.png

ABOVE CORUSCANT | PROSPERITY | EN ROUTE TO MAIN GATHERING

Ishida's shoulder turned out to be a proper obstacle in taking the disc. She'd placed herself directly in his path, completely blocking him from taking the blasted thing. He paused his efforts for a moment and considered as he observed her. She was laughing quite vehemently, barely getting out a few words, and he couldn't help but mirror her mirth with a smile. That sound always created the impulse to pause and admire, basking in the pure warmth of it. It almost made him stop. Almost.

He continued watching her for an opening. He could reach out with the Force and take or break the disc. Such an application of the Force didn't require much focus, or effort, and would take care of it rather efficiently. But it wouldn't be right, not while she was enjoying herself so much.

Then it hit him. His eyes fell to her sides, left completely open and defenceless. Rarely did a better target present itself, and if he struck at the right time, he'd gain the upper hand in a matter of moments. He prepared himself, lining up the attack in his head, and struck... only for his hand to be caught by hers.

"Do you still have it? The outfit? The hat at least. Please tell me you have the hat," she'd turned around, and he met her eyes with something in-between a smile and a frown. His heart sunk a little at her question. He'd returned the outfit after the last celebration.

"I... don't," Bernard replied, combing back a few strands that had shaken loose during the brief contest for the disc.

Bernard twisted his wrist in Ishida's hand, and hat landed, a little misaligned, on her head. A moment later, another hat fell into Bernard's free hand. Ishida's resembled the one in the holo, while Bernard's was a long, triangular red one with a white pom-pom at the end. They had both originally adorned the striking likenesses of the late Masters Kenobi and Windu down the hallway, but Bernard had a hunch they wouldn't have missed the hats.

"But there are always spares. We just... need to make sure they're returned or Aeris might burry me under an avalanche of books before I make it to our next meeting."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom