Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate No Place Like Home for the Wieludays [GA Populate of Wielu]

christmas-lights-30.png

Untitled-1.png

div-hohohokay.png

Life Day heralds a close to a trying year. The galaxy seems to pause as the day of reflection, love, and harmony offers respite from the seemingly never-ending war. As the Alliance continues to rebuild following the relentless attacks by Brotherhood of the Maw, the citizens seize the chance to celebrate and come together. The day is a welcome contrast from the mourning of the fallen just mere months ago.

div-hohohokay.png

geshb.png

OBJ I - Your Presents Is Requested

Corporation heads and the who-who’s attend the Life Day charity gala for the Northern Refugee Resettlement Fund. Under the bright lights at the newly restored 500 Republica, folks dance and vye for the largest donation in order to top the Life Day tree. Visit with old allies and find ways to undermine your enemies when the session restores, or simply eat, drink, and be merry!

7.png

OBJ II - Deck the Halls

The Prosperity sits in the atmosphere above Coruscant, a shining symbol to the people of the Core that the New Jedi Order has not abandoned them. Within the halls of the mobile temple, the Jedi hosts a homemade meal for their comrades who have returned home for the holiday and rejoices in being together.

fgwsagh.png

OBJ III - A Missle Toast to Brotherhood

With growing unrest in the south due to the fall of the Confederacy, a portion of forces have temporarily been transferred from the Chiss front to a southern space station, awaiting further orders. The crew gathers within the mess hall to share wookie-ookies, hoth chocolate, and reminiscence on stories of glory. In the training facility, an impromptu modification was made to grenade launchers for the galaxy’s best snowball fight!​

Last edited:
if they're watching anyways
your_name_0.png

hJJw3Ng.png

Prosperity | Open

It didn't feel like her place anymore.

The halls of Prosperity now felt foreign; once she'd visited often, spending every other month aboard the vast temple-ship. It'd been a long time since the battle of Coruscant, and she couldn't remember the last time she'd seen this place, felt its presence.

She could've been someplace else. 500 Republica, mingling with Coruscant's highest. She'd picked out a dress, called a stylist -- she'd made a donation. Not a big one, of course. Epoch needed its resources elsewhere, and she'd promised to spend as little as possible to run her office. Still, it would've been odd to show up to the party without making a contribution.

Obviously, she wasn't showing up.

Instead of a nice dress and all the necessary accessories, she was dressed in a hoodie and sweatpants. Kirie Kirie had sent in a small apology for her absence at the gala, but Auteme didn't think they'd notice. Here, she felt like the temple itself noticed, the walls closing a little tighter around her.

So she lingered just out of view of the party. The indecision she'd been gripped by for so long crept back in, where she'd believed it'd finally gone. She wanted permission to go in, an excuse to leave; something to force the issue, and remind her why she'd come.

Her hand found purchase on something in her bag.

This place was running away from her, and she knew she'd never be able to catch it. Instead she wondered if she needed to start heading the other way.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Prosperity.

Once his home. His castle.

Standing within an otherwise empty hangar, one reserved for refugee extraction in the event of a battle, Ryv could still hear the sounds of booted feet. From somewhere deeper in the hangar, he could make out the shrill cry of a baby. Her mother's voice came next. She whispered soothing things to her child, offering her promises of safety, promises the Jedi would strive to deliver. More whispers joined the mothers. Innocents forced from their homes amid the war aired their pain to their neighbors. These strangers huddled together in his memory. They kept one another safe from isolation. The stronger ones took it upon themselves to protect the meek, while the intellectuals among them began to organize.

Time and time again, the Jedi inspired strength. While they could not save their homes, the New Jedi Order could save their souls. The refugees lived to see another day on a new, beautiful world. One that knew peace beneath the Alliance's watchful gaze.

A distant clatter pulled him back to the present. The specter's of the past dissipated before him, taking the echoes of emotion along with them.

Ryv smiled. It was a strange thing, a mixture of joy and pain all wrapped up in something small. But it was his smile. One that got him through a decade of strife.

He released a weak sigh.

"I've made it, Lanik," Ryv strode forward, adorned in an ugly Life Day sweater, his one arm moving gently beside him.

The sentiment brought a smile to his tired face.

Time had never been kind to him. A side-effect of years' long addiction, no doubt. It showed in the onset of gray within the scruff of his beard and the corners of his temple. Wrinkles revealed themselves at the faintest shift in expression. Fate would soon catch up to him. His time grew shorter with each passing day. The Force awaited him as it did all Jedi, but he could feel it now more than ever.

He was next in line.

Ryv pushed those thoughts down. He imagined such sentiments wouldn't do him any good now. It was Life Day, a time to celebrate those still living around him and grieve for those who had passed. Death day would be soon.

One of the adjoining doors to the large chamber slid open to reveal the gathered Jedi. He chose one tucked safely out of sight from the others, used predominantly for maintenance droids who were programmed to keep out of sight. His time spent wandering these halls was not wasted. He would reveal himself to the others soon. Not now, though. No. Not until he was re-

"Auteme?"

He stopped a few feet behind her, completely taken aback by how quickly he stumbled upon her.

hJJw3Ng.png

Ryv Ryv

Auteme turned slowly. Even after so long, she recognized his voice instantly; only now she felt a sort of dread.

It was him. He was right there.

She faced him. Her hand came out of her bag. It rose up, palm open, and in a single smooth stroke she slapped him across the face.

Her uncharacteristic anger relieved, she then wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight embrace. And she cried. She tried to keep it quiet, to not make a scene, but it was difficult to keep things concealed, hard as she might try.

"I'm sorry," she sniffled, pressing her face against his shoulder. She laughed. "It's so itchy. I can't believe you kept this."

"A nice Corellian Eggnog would be good now," Marcus said to no one in particular.

Yes, eggnog would be good. When he'd been pulled from the fighting on Jamiron, he'd thought the upper brass was crazy. He still did. But he couldn't say that he wasn't thankful for the time away from the front lines. Though he wondered how other companies were doing. He also wished that if they were going to pull him from the front lines to just slap him in some station in the ass end of the Alliance they could have at least let him spend Life Day back home on Corellia.

The joys of being on active duty in the middle of a war.

He sipped his noticeably cold and noticeably not alcoholic eggnog and sighed as he watched the training sim. Someone had the cute idea to modifiy weapons to fire snowballs instead of stun or infrared blasts for training. They'd also filled the arena with snow. This was either the brass' idea of a cruel joke or someone was getting court marshalled when all was said and done.

He still couldn't help but smile.

Elena Lowe

E
3XBZa91.png

denk3xI.png

Bayaz Bayaz

"Take that kriff-sniffer!" Elena laughed delightedly as she pelted her fellow cadets with snowballs. Rolling in the snow miming elite tactical manoeuvres, diving left and right into drifts of snow as she dodged the arcing snowballs flying across the training ground. The energy in amongst the squad was intoxicating, both the cadets and their superiors giddy with relief that they had survived Csilla.

Scrambling across the training floor, shooting each other with frozen projectiles, they could put aside the losses, push down the fear and anger that had followed the battle. Elena had been suffering with nightmares, and dark circles beneath her eyes betrayed the joyful, fiendish grin plastered across her face.

For a first battle, the confrontation at Csilla had been pretty rough. She wasn't supposed to have gone through that, not yet, not till after a few more months of training. It had been... Terrifying. But she couldn't crack, had to put on a brave face or they'd find her out.

Elena heard someone behind her and spun around, all-too-eager to take her mind off the thoughts of the battle, of running away, that were creeping up on her.

"Hey!" She said, recognising the figure in front of her from occasional run-ins in the halls around her bunks. "Captain Rail!"

As she waited for the man's attention, the other cadets assembled beside her. She shot Kara a smirk, and beamed interally when she got a nod in return. Elena turned her attention back on the Captain, Life Day spirit, pent-up nerves and insubordination coursing through her in equal measure.

She drew her pistol, with its hefty snow bag attached, and levelled it at the officer. The other cadets did the same, drawing whooping from the surrounding soldiers, who by now had stopped to watch.

From a few paces away, Elena and the cadets took aim at Captain Rail. Grinning ear to ear, Elena called out.

"Stand and deliver!... Sir."

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Yeah.

That was fair.

Ryv suppressed a smile in lieu of the stinging pain of his cheek, only worsened by the chilly air within the station. The familiar feeling of her arms wrapped around him was preferred to the slap. His remaining arm slid around her as it had done a hundred times before, and he pulled her close, welcoming her slender form against his own. Memories resurfaced from the deepest recesses of his mind. Brought forth by the sweet scent of her hair and the warmth of her body.

"You never have to apologize to me, Auteme," his chin rested atop her head. "Especially when I'm the one who messed up."

Story of his life, really.

"My face was literally plastered on the holo web for years. People would've recognized me during the whole fugitive thing if I didn't cover up a bit. It helped," he squeezed her tighter for a moment before stepping back.

Releasing her hurt more than the slap did. Ryv could feel the pain rumbling around within his chest, urging him to reconsider his decision. Part of him entertained the notion the visions were wrong, that there might've been an answer out there that didn't end in his d-

No.

There wasn't.

"You look beautiful," he cleared his throat. "I heard you've taken up a different line of work recently. How's that been?"

vrJgmMT.png

Valery: Appearance
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Open to anybody!
OjiDOHJ.png

Valery could remember it all vividly. How he rushed his way back home last year to spend Life Day together with her. They hadn't been together for long at the time, but they were already so close and without any worry on their mind that their time together would ever come to an end. But a lot happened since then, and for many months, she lived with uncertainty about their future.
That was, at least, until they found each other again on a stormy New Cov night. It was like the Life Day miracles she had read about when she was little, where no matter what happened, everything turned out alright in the end. She was back with him again, and soon their daughter would be born into their little family as well.
She couldn't be happier.
"Hey, sweetie? Do you think they have hot chocolate here somewhere? Life Day isn't quite complete without it." she said with a warm smile as they walked through the Prosperity, hand in hand with fingers interlaced. All around her, she saw friends and allies she hadn't seen in quite some time. Not since the last battles she had been involved in, at the very least.
The pregnancy had forced her into keeping her head down, so she had stayed with Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze and Yula Perl Yula Perl on Denon until she took the risk of going after Kahlil when the Force had given her a sign of his whereabouts. She had found him, and with him close, it was time to show her face again.
"I hope I can introduce you to some friends and Jedi I've worked with. But if it ends up being just us two, I'll be happy too." she looked up at him and gently squeezed his hand.
n0m34qi.png

Ryv Ryv
Auteme smiled. "Oh, I like it," she said, laughing again.

She wiped the tears from her face, but her eyes were still watery. Feeling unsteady, she kept a hand on him.

"It's- it's okay. I'm just getting started, really, and there's so much to do- the kind of so-much-to-do that you feel like you don't have time to do anything in the first place." She shook her head.

"What about you? Where have you been, what have you been doing? Is everything- you look healthy," she said, almost surprised.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Ryv scratched his chin, trying and failing to suppress a smile. Otherwise, he remained perfectly still for her sake.

"I get it, I do," he couldn't take his eyes off of hers. Still so bright and beautiful, even after all these years.

"You might be a bit late to the game, but you'll do great, Auteme. This task is perfectly suited to someone like you. Which makes you uniquely suited to tackle it, as there isn't another person in the galaxy quite like you," Ryv allowed himself to speak freely. For so many years, he caged his emotions, hiding the truth even from himself.

Her surprise at his health made sense. From the moment he took up the mantle of Sword, it was one sleepless night after another. Battle to battle, planet to planet. His life shifted from the joyous halls of Peace to grief-stricken war zones that held tight to him. Wyatt named him the Sword. With it came the responsibilities of a protector. The ordinary person and the Jedi Knight depended on him for so long. They relied on his unbreaking tenacity, even as the weight of their burdens ground him down, striking away what made him Ryv until only the Sword remained.

"I'm healthy, yeah. Healthiest I've been since I was ten years old," he grinned. "Funny enough, I moved to Denon and bought a bar. Chose the shittiest neighborhood I could find—the Suicide Slums. Awful place."

Yet, Ryv was reborn there.

"I spent months cleaning up the place, rebuilding, then I opened it up. Had some trouble getting it off the ground, but once I exerted a bit of control over the neighborhood, the local street toughs stayed away. Hell, I even adopted some kids. Four of 'em."

vrJgmMT.png

".. Maybe?" Kahlil chuckled, rubbing at the back of his neck as he turned his gaze towards Valery Noble Valery Noble . There was quite a lot he didn't know about The Prosperity and what was on it, but one could certainly hope. He'd never been here. Never been with the New Jedi. Actually, thinking about it, should he be worried about being here? .. Naw, not like his current ID said Zambrano. Hopefully no one would recognize him.

His other hand squeezed the Jedi's hand, his smile bright as ever. None of that mattered, not right now. "Why don't we go find out? .. Uh, where's the mess hall?"

vrJgmMT.png

Valery: Appearance
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Open to anybody!
OjiDOHJ.png

"Right this way."
Valery chuckled and gently tugged on his hand, guiding him down the long hallways of the massive ship. They had arrived in one of its many Hangar bays, so after passing through a few corridors, and going up a large elevator, they finally arrived at the Crew Deck, where the large mess hall would be waiting for them.
Immediately, the aroma of freshly made food reached them and of course, Valery quickly spotted that they were serving hot drinks as well. Looking up at him with a grin, she again pulled him along to get some. Both Valery and Kahlil were handed a cup of hot chocolate, and after taking a careful sip, she turned her eyes to him again.
"Not bad, but doesn't quite compare to your homemade chocolate." she smiled and began to look around, her senses naturally expanding out.
"Hm, I think some of my friends are going to be here soon. I'm excited for you to finally meet them."
n0m34qi.png

Nico Kaidshau

N
7.png

Open

The Prosperity was a strange idea. Not an unwelcome one given the temple incident on Coruscant, and certainly not terrible for the uses it had and continued continued provide. A novelty of sorts in his eyes as he wandered the halls and took in the design. His time among the Galactic Alliance had been described best as, tense with sprinklings of nuanced debate over now trivial matters.

The newest threat to the galaxy and its people did little to dampen the spirit of celebration thankfully. A gift in its own way as the ship lingered over Wielu.

His hands traced the doorway that opened as he walked, hoping to catch some trace of the emotions that might have lingered from times already passed. There was little to receive as he kept walking. Slow, ponderous, examining. Green eyes keen on the smaller details.

A scuffed corner, a wear spot against a doorway. Happy memories perhaps? A sign of past aggressions? It was difficult to tell without context. His thoughts lingered on the small things that made the ship a symbol of peace.

A chance of prosperity within the influence of the Galactic Alliance.

The slow plodding continued, always searching but never content with the unanswered questions that presented themselves in the details. A screwdriver set precariously against an panel. A known problem? Or perhaps the quickest solution to some constant? Always the small things that one never realized without seeing the whole picture.

The aura of peaceful tranquility followed ahead and behind him as he continued down the halls. Wondering silently.

-

vrJgmMT.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Lyrrin had regarded the ship with a suspicion as it was affiliated with the Jedi, and of course there were precious few Jedi that could be trusted. If it hadn't been the invitation by a dear friend of his he wouldn't have been caught dead (or alive) in this location. As the Farghul made his way through the corridors in an attempt to find Valery he held in his hands a few small boxes. He was wearing a festive green shawl and baggy pants, though he was as shirtless and shoeless as ever. Tiny golden bells jingled along the trim of the shoulder length mantle. A diminutive Zabrak Youngling pointed at him "Master Yawgoo, look its a Cathar!" Lyrrin couldn't resist sneering at the small child as the Yoda species master chuckled and ushered her along "A Cathar he is not, a Farghul he is." to which the agent quipped "Keep waddling you will. Speak more you will not." with patience worthy of a Jedi Master, Master Yawgoo squinted while he continued to usher the gaggle along "A lesson in the Code this has been. Give into anger on this day, you all shall not."

Now that he was done tempting Younglings to the darkside his quest continued. Soon enough he found a familiar face alongside someone completely unfamiliar. As he approached he hesitated as he gave the most overtly judgmental, analyzing, look over to Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble . He had the look of a Force User, they all had a certain walk about them. Though he did not appear to be a Jedi.. strange.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Ryv fished out his holodevice from his bag and held it up. He activated it with the click of a button, and blue light whirred to life between them. It shifted quickly from a mass of vibrant fuzz into the distinct shape of five humanoids. One, obviously Ryv, was much larger than the rest. The other four ranged anywhere from ten to fourteen from a quick glance.

"Alright, uh," he motioned to the smallest of them. "This is Kyla. She's very dramatic, I'm talking pretend to faint if she doesn't get what she wants, kind of dramatic," the image shifted once more to a close up of the girl. She showed a similar facial structure to Ryv, mostly her nose and cheekbones. The rest of her face seemed softer, like that of a child.

The image panned to her left to two others climbing atop a more disheveled, scruffy Ryv.

"The twi'lek," a boy likely around eleven or twelve, "is Vhi. He's the most energetic person I've ever met. The kid is constantly climbing all over me, tryin' to wrestle me to the ground or something. To be honest, he had a tough time with touch in the beginning. I think his parents were, er-" Ryv seemed uncomfortable just leading up to it. "Well, you know..." he took a moment to compose himself before continuing. "Good kid. Really opened up after I started feeding them all."

He pointed to the girl beside Vhi. She had an arm hooked under Ryv's shoulder.

"That's Losa. It's hard to tell, but she's a mirialan. No tattoos or anything yet. We've talked about it a bit, finding someone who can maybe give her some when she did something she was proud of, but she's unsure," he tapped his cheek. "I think she's hesitant since I decided not to keep my clan tattoo," he shrugged. "I'm gonna offer to tattoo her cheek with my clan's tattoo soon."

Finally, he motioned to the last of the four children. This one looked strikingly like Ryv when he was younger.

"That's Kyric," Ryv pointed to the young man. "You'll probably be meeting him soon. He wants to move to Coruscant and start school at GCU next semester."

Ryv Ryv
"Aw- they're all so precious," she gushed, and then immediately felt old. "Er- well, it seems like they're in good hands."

She smiled, her eyes wandering to Kyric first, then to the others. "You'll have to let me take care of them sometime. My- I have a bigger place now. Lots of space to play, that sort of thing, and I've been getting the urge to cook for people. And you better encourage the rest of them to do a post-secondary too. I will literally establish a new education grant to help get them there if I have to. I can, like, do that now."

She felt silly, humble-bragging like that, but she was sure he understood.

"My home is always open to you and your kids," she said, before pausing a moment.

"It's... it's weird." Her eyes, now clear, wandered back to the people further inside the great hall. "Even though you were gone, when I was here, I never... felt like your- our- home was anywhere else. Coruscant, I mean, not-" she waved her hand, "but now it's... it's not ours."

KA-SIA-Banner.png

AGENT: KALIE ALVEREZ
OBJECTIVE II: ADORE PREGO VALERY
TAGS: Valery Noble Valery Noble Lyrrin Lyrrin Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble (open)

Kalie casually picked at a plate of food while she leaned against the wall slightly distanced away from everyone else.. pretty close to wallflower status. It wasn't really intentional distancing… She was just more inclined to not talk to any more strangers at the moment.

Even for her, the social meter could become depleted at times. And man, she had been doing an awful lot of talking during the last few months. Was she an introvert? nah… but you might have guessed differently if you didn't know her very well and you happened to observe her within the decorated and festive Prosperity halls.

She pulled her hair back behind her ear, her eyes glancing up as she surveyed the room to see if Valery Noble Valery Noble or Lyrrin Lyrrin had arrived yet. Hope deferred yet again. Her eyes sank back to her plate, continuing to poke at the slice of ham.

The truth was, she was a little bit gloomy. It had been months since she had seen Gramani Fey’la Gramani Fey’la . And with all that was going on… her life felt so tense and dramatic. She just wanted to be held… comforted… heard… They both were high profile agents, and so it was no surprise that they were always away due to an endless procession of assignments. But there was a part of her that was beginning to despise being an Agent. She would never tell anyone as much… but there was a part of her deep down that wanted to be…

…Normal. Maybe build a homestead on Lujo with Gramani? Maybe settle in as Tiresh Kobitana full time? …Maybe be a mom?

Kalie stabbed the ham violently with her fork before tossing the paper plate in the trash bin next to her alongside the train of thought she had just been on. It was time to go on the hunt for something that would help to take the edge off. She was growing increasingly grateful for Valery Noble Valery Noble and Lyrrin Lyrrin … their friendship was almost like a lighthouse on a dark and stormy night. They helped to anchor her… especially in Gramani's absence.

As she took a step forward and raised her eyes, her mood instantly shifted as she saw both Valery and Lyrrin up ahead of her. She immediately began to walk towards them as she suddenly noticed that Valery appeared to be… with someone! Who was this mysterious gentleman at her side? As she drew near, her eyes grew wider and her pace slowed as she realized something else…

She gasped, holding a hand over her mouth in shock as she walked up to Valery Noble Valery Noble slowly, holding out her other hand and gingerly touching her protruding belly with the tip of her finger. Her eyes swelled with tears as she looked up at her with delight,

"I… can't believe you didn't tell me!" She said in a soft, high pitched squeal. She reached up and wrapped both arms around Valery, giving her a big hug.

"Congratulations sweetie!!" She said in her ear. As she pulled herself away, she wiped a tear from her eye and shifted her gaze to the gentleman standing beside her,

"I take it this is your handiwork, then?!" She said with a light laugh, holding out a hand in greeting to Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble .

Last edited:
geshb.png

Seto Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Action: Mingling with Nobles, Elites, and Industry Leaders
Attire

JiGZUcY.png

The air was filled with the scent of credits, the stiff upper lips of bankers and the dizzyingly laughs of socialites filled the rest of the room. Seto found himself mostly at home with this kind of atmosphere, the 500 Republica newly restored to its former glory. Former glory, the glory of filling the coffers and future politicians pockets. Seto’s smile continued to grow as he moved gracefully through the grand hallways packed with people.

While the tickets to attend the event had a certain caveat of a rather large donation, the young Du Couteau heir only grinned at the number whenever he had to transfer the credit amount. Of course the main spectacle of the festivities was the Coruscant and Refugee relief fund. Seto noted a few recognizable faces from the lobbyist groups, but he also noted a slew of new faces. The shifting tides of the galaxy often causes once thought unstoppable market titans to become a pile of rubble, to only be replaced by new and ever avaricious business people.

All of them gathered here to rub shoulders with the Alliance government. Seto mused to himself as he offered smiles and handshakes to guests that wanted to meet with him. The growing interest with Tetan affairs had brought more outside attention than what the Senator had originally felt comfortable to deal with. The previous months had brought almost near dangerous exposure to his slightly unpopular secretive side of him, and if news were to break at the wrong moment it could cause a rather dangerous domino effect.

Seto kept his boyish smile, charming anyone with a small laugh or shining sapphire eyes, he walked ahead to find stronger potential allies to keep his future circumstances from becoming untenable.

vrJgmMT.png

"I think I like yours best, y'know." He chuckled lightly, sipping at the hot chocolate once he and Valery Noble Valery Noble got their own. His gaze shifted, scanning around the room curiously. Would there be any faces he might recognize? Anyone at all from when he first joined the Jedi? Unlikely, given his only time part of an Order was with the Silvers. Still, maybe it'd be nice to see an old.. Acquaintance.

Ah man he really sucked at making friends, now that he thought about it.

"I'm sure they're aro-and there's one." A Farghul, if he remembered right? Cathar? .. Uh.. He should really learn more about other species. Get friends, learn more species. Already forming a list and he hadn't even said hello. He raised a hand to Lyrrin Lyrrin , giving a friendly wave and a friendlier smile. Before he could say anything else though another joined. He blinked, more watching between Valery and Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez with a faint smile.

She really did have good friends.

"I- Ah, yeah. I suppose that's true, in a way." There was no hiding how flustered he was at such a brazen statement. Still, he reached out to take the hand offered. "Kahlil Zambrano."

Oh, wait. He blinked, glancing to Valery. Did they know that or..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom