Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No more development threads - Factory closing until further notice 3/6/17

Progflaw99

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

The First Order has also yet to use the awards from Omega, does this nullify that?

Additionally - not to tip the hat in either direction but when exactly were we the membership polled? Must have missed that one.

My apologies. Between work and taking my mother to the hospital multiple times due to finding out she has cancer these last few months I haven't been around much. I must have missed the poll and the result that ultimately was voted upon.

Could you please link me to that poll, or explain what is happening with the factory in terms of the technology submissions please?

Is there going to be a system that replaces it to ensure that individuals aren't submitting or just saying they have a corvette loaded down with turbolasers?

[member="Cira"]

[member="Rolf Amsel"] [member="Natasi Fortan"]

Considering almost all the Omega rewards dealt with dev threads or other factory/codex related things, obviously they'll need to be retooled.

The non factory/codex ones can be used whenever, the other ones will be unavailable until they are edited. We will not know this until the new direction of the codex and factory is bedded down.

Progflaw99

[member="Yarva Adisu"]

And that's fine - not my site, not my responsibility, but I want it to be clear that there was not a poll, so I would recommend not framing it that way in the future.

[member="Yarva Adisu"]

People gave their opinions, but there was not a legitimate poll feature used to count the exact number of people for and against. The thread she linked is merely a suggestion put forth by staff member Tefka, not an official poll purposefully put out there for the wide audience that is our SWRP Chaos membership roster.

Butch Mahan

Si vis pacem, para bellum
tumblr_nfwlqxsnAW1rdhesho1_500.gif

^My reaction after just completing a dev thread for a Dedicated Carrier

Jack Mirrikh said:
[member="Yarva Adisu"]

People gave their opinions, but there was not a legitimate poll feature used to count the exact number of people for and against. The thread she linked is merely a suggestion put forth by staff member Tefka, not an official poll purposefully put out there for the wide audience that is our SWRP Chaos membership roster.
A poll does not need to utilize the member voting feature to be a poll. The membership was directly addressed by the board's owner with his suggestion/idea to remove and abolish development threads, the membership responded mostly - if not largely - positively to the suggestion, thus it is being put in place.

Regarding whether it was official or not - the thread in question has the 'Staff' prefix which is as official as it gets. It was posted by a board administrator and he said, and I'll quote:
Do you really need Staff to provide you with X amount of posts to write so you can have X amount of AT-AT's in your dropship?

I'm wagering, by beginning this assault on our "civilized rules", that the majority of us yearn for some return to the Wild West. That each of us controls, with minimal Staff input, the freedom to control where we go next with both our character's future and our time spent here on this website. That's my wager.

What's yours?

Let's discuss the potential disestablishment of Development Threads. Overnight. Gone. Poof.
A poll is recording the opinions or votes of a body of people. We asked for the opinions of the membership, it was done in a staff-ran thread with the Staff prefix. It is as official as it is ever going to get.

I've never needed, and will never need, a poll to constitute a ruling. The discussion Staff had with the community was to see if where we were headed was the right direction.

The community does not vote on rules, and will never vote on rules, unless Staff deems it appropriate.

First Order peoples, I'm unaware of your Omega Rewards or the situation regarding it (I was on LOA). If you do not or can not (because of development threads being excised) utilize your rewards, we'll make it up to you somehow.

Link to this post if it seems we've forgotten. There's a lot going on right now and no, Omega rewards are pretty far from the top of our priority list, but I do not wish for you to feel robbed. Surely we can accommodate you in the future via some other tangible reward.

This goes for anyone who has yet to utilize their Omega rewards, just make sure to provide proof you never used 'em.

Rolf Amsel said:
[member="Yarva Adisu"]

I want it to be clear that there was not a poll, so I would recommend not framing it that way in the future.
Also, Cira is correct in her usage of the term "we polled", since we all love to debate semantics. There's better words, for sure. But here you have it.

f336bf89db0feaeb2c47fe782158f378.png

Edit: Lol @ "cut the horns off an animal". Why especially a young cow? Must be an australian thing.

Liliane

L
Ignus said:
Why are people even arguing about whether it constitutes a poll or not? Sheesh.

Can't wait to see how things are retooled. :)
My reaction exactly.

BUT

VIVE LA RÉVOLUTION!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom