Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Character Bio Template. Pitch Me.

New 2019 Character Bio Template?

• Total voters

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Chaos is an ever changing beast. Which, I find to be a good thing. Likewise, with every new year comes new opportunities to improve, advance, and perhaps even evolve into something better. Out with the old ways of thinking and of doing, and in with the new.

Anyways. Progress rant aside. As I was redoing my characters bio for the million'th time I couldn't help but notice how far, far, and away both myself, and others, had gotten from the standard Character Bio Template. Everything I was doing was different. From formatting, to color choices, to image placement, to subsequent posts reserved, to thread tracking, etc. Heck, even the Bio's own relevance had changed. I mean. Who even uses Strengths and Weaknesses anymore eh? More like, juvenile busy work for amateur writers who can't give their Mary Sue superhero a single flaw to save their lives except, "bad dancer". Lol. (...And we've all seen *those* weaknesses a thousand times, am I right?)

And bounties claimed? What even is that. Did we even use that in 2014? 2015? ...Ever? Nah. I'm calling it. Chaos, we need a new flashy template or I'm gonna start thinking we should just pitch the things entirely. What say you?

TL;DR: Pitch me some new Character Bio Templates. Let's mix it up a bit.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Scherezade deWinter said:
The template isn't mandatory. A lot of people have put templates up that can be freely used, some even offer graphics. Do your thing, be happy, go forth and RP :)

So what you're saying is... We should redo the Character Creation page and just delete the default template entirely and instead put up a graphic saying,

"Go find an actually awesome bio template somewhere on the website, probably the Art Section, and use that right now to craft your totally-not-mandatory character bio in the Character Creation forum. Because tradition."

...Cause that's totally what I just heard you say. :D :p

#FeelingCute #MightPokeScherezade

Khonsu Amon said:
If anything, we could possibly replace the Strengths and Weakness section with Traits and Drawbacks instead.
This is all that is needed because,

Valiens Nantaris said:
The template we have there is a base starting point meant to be expanded on by the creative and adventurous.
This is the only truth the sheet needs. We could make a more expanded sheet, but ultimately the purpose of the one in the Character Sheet section is meant to make people think and explore on their own. The more 'complex' that sheet gets for newcomers and people who are just generally new to the hobby, the more likely we are to find that people coming in are at risk of finding the site as a whole too complex because of it. And for this reason I'd rather we just keep the one we have but make the changes proposed by Khonsu Amon.

Better to KISS* than to risk alienating anyone at all.
* - Keep it simple, stupid.

tenor.gif

Like everyone else said, its more what you'd call simple guidelines to be expanded upon. People that want to put the work into an awesome bio do, the template is grand the way it is. With maybe the drawback thing added, sure.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Honestly, the template works because like what everyone said its just a base starting point. Most people spice up their own profile and make it unique, while a few others are like "HERE'S MY CHARACTER" and runs off to RP. There's no reason to change something has worked for years.

tl;dr - there are more important things to look at than a template that has nothing wrong with it.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Current one is helpful as a starter for new peeps getting into RP.
I've used it as such when I got an invite to write here on Chaos, and just am too busy/lazy to spiff it up to my taste. Hey, what do you expect from a spam queen! :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Seeing a lot of love for the current template.

Interesting. Probably gonna wait on this one for awhile then. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom