Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Chaos Community Feature: Credits

Alicia Drey said:
I don't think Credits should be used for anything, when they are awarded for all things that are essentially Out of Character. So gaining a reward, such as spending your credits on a rare material, item or ship is an In Character reward for Out of Character things. Everyone who knows me as a writer knows that I don't like OOC influencing IC. This is my stance on it.

I also find it a little redundant. Credits are used as a reward for the number of likes you get on a post, blog entries etc. But isn't the like system there to show that you as a writer, as well as the content you've produced on the forum, has been well liked or received by others? That someone enjoyed something you've said and the quantity of likes on your profile shows that you as a writer are well liked as well? I don't see the point for credits.

But eh, go crazy guys.

The reputation system is no longer influenced by the credit system. The credit system is no longer influenced by the reputation system. This was a change made shortly after the inception of the Credits system.

They are completely independent of each other now.

Darth Armyss

Nobleman, Sith, and Womanizer
[member="Ayden Cater"]

Well you guys disabled the obvious one (creating subaccounts to like your comments and boost your credit count), the other has more to do with a potential misinterpretation of the credit system. If people on the site plan to use credits as a form of currency for exchange, they might charge through the roof for some goods simply because it would make sense for them to have that price, such as a ship, even though it isn't feasible to save up enough credits for a ship within a reasonable amount of time.

Basically, if people plan on using it as a sort of economy for this site, there could be problems.

Darth Armyss said:
[member="Ayden Cater"]

Well you guys disabled the obvious one (creating subaccounts to like your comments and boost your credit count), the other has more to do with a potential misinterpretation of the credit system. If people on the site plan to use credits as a form of currency for exchange, they might charge through the roof for some goods simply because it would make sense for them to have that price, such as a ship, even though it isn't feasible to save up enough credits for a ship within a reasonable amount of time.

Basically, if people plan on using it as a sort of economy for this site, there could be problems.
It's not a mandatory thing... Therefore nobody is needed to use it as a currency to buy things from the Marketplace (for example).

Oohh dis crap again.

Yeah, this had a use on another site. Thing is, it was an MMO, so the credits on the site could be used to buy useless OOC stuff for the game itself (Like pets. And bombs.)

Hazzah for useless toys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom