Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Chaos Community Feature: Credits

2lfhv.gif

Or members who want to charge Faction Owners for fulfilling Aid Request slots in Invasions.

Or members who want help with a dev thread and are willing to pay credits.

Or non-Force Users who want lightsaber training/anti-Force user training.

Or any task that needs incentive, really. Credits are the incentive. You can't bulk-pay in likes. You can't dish out a 100 likes for someone to do something for you. But you can with this.

But I dunno.

I don't know what's gonna happen.

That's why I named the place Chaos.

Grimm

I will like everything! One way to obtain credits as for the market place. This will cause depression! Everyone start selling your stocks! XD

Here's the issue with using credits as a form of payment for anything - people have to believe they have a value and are worth trading for stuff. It's like bitcoin - if people don't support it, it's worthless.

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
How are credits transferred to other players? Can they? If so, what's stopping a player from transferring them all to one account?

How does this reward posters who get no love from 'likers', no matter how well-written their posts are?

How is this not confusing to new members? Why is there a lottery? How does this improve player behavior?

...Why?

Grimm

So let me enter this into my data pad. Let's see, 25 X 29= 725.....so that's my current cash flow if I like 29 posts in this thread alone.....hmm, buying drinks for only 3 people. Now off to find another large thread, because I ran out!

[member="Tefka"]

[member="Beowoof"]

Beowoof said:

How are credits transferred to other players? Can they? If so, what's stopping a player from transferring them all to one account?

How does this reward posters who get no love from 'likers', no matter how well-written their posts are?

How is this not confusing to new members? Why is there a lottery? How does this improve player behavior?

...Why?
How?
Green plus symbol next to their credit total. What's stopping them? Nothing, except credits aren't applied retroactively for activity prior to the installation of the credit system. So if they want to burn through posts and donate them all to one account... Okay. I can think of better things to do with my time, but okay.

This isn't a "reward". It's no more necessary than the Like system is. It's just something different for folks to play around with.

A number of rules and systems on the board are confusing to new members at first. Doesn't keep the rules and systems from being upheld. And this does nothing to try and reward behavior.

And as for why, well...

Hmm, interesting, but it certainly isn't perfect especially since it seems there won't be any retroactive payment.

I think I agree with a couple of people that there needs to be like... something for it. I'm not sure what I'm trying to get across here other than I'm a little fuzzy on where I spends these, otherwise I'll just end up saving them... forever... like Ebeneezer Scrooge.

The Credits system is no different from the Blogs, the Likes, or even the Factory. None of these things are mandatory. Only the last has seen any measure of oversight. But they all share one thing in common; they offer folks some tiny nugget of amusement to enjoy and use to accent their SWRP experience.

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
Ayden Cater said:
This isn't a "reward". It's no more necessary than the Like system is. It's just something different for folks to play around with
So if Jedi Joe writes Anna Karenina and gets one like while Oscar the Hutt posts a silly GIF and gets ten likes... and they both want to buy something from the marketplace... and the seller doesn't take Republic Credits because he needs "something more real"...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom