Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location [Netherworld] The Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

NethDiv.png
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Rift Name: The Prime
  • Rift Alignment: Dark. This Rift was created due to all the atrocities committed by The Bryn'adul
  • Destination: The Rift Leads to The Killing Grounds
  • Direction: One Way Ticket, you may enter The Nether, but once inside, you cannot escape through the portal. However The Portal is still active. If you try to enter it from The Nether, you have a high chance of dying, and an even higher chance of severe injuries, usually burning and internal issues, like organ failure.
  • Size: Large, it is on The Biggest Asteroid in The Shatter Field
  • Accessibility: The Rift is on the largest asteroid in The Shatter Field. This is isolated, and risky to reach, but it is visible from the surface of Draemidus Prime at night. From inside The Nether, the portal is on a hill, easily accessible.
  • Description: At a glace from ground level, The Prime looks like a green star among the asteroids. From space it is clearly something abnormal, but one would need to get close to tell that it is a portal, and not a star, or some kind of technology.

iu

NethDiv.png
RIFT EFFECTS

*One Way Ticket: Entering The Rift from The Nether may result in a slow, agonizing death of burning, and choking.

*Gravitational Shift: Going through the nether will result in several rapid gravitational shifts. One moment an individual may be floating. The Next moment they will collapse on the ground as if they were thrown. This severely affects ships.

*EMP: There is an Electromagnetic Pulse strong enough to destroy even the most protected electronics.

*The Storm: Draemidus Prime has an Ion storm around The Shatter Field. The Prime has altered this storm in several ways. First, it has intensified it to the point that it's almost suicide to try and go through the storm, even in a capital ship. Secondly the storm has become more mobile. Normally, the storm is predictable. Now it moves very quickly and is completely unpredictable.

*Interference: The Twelve moons of Draemidus Prime have military listening posts on them. When The Prime opened, it rendered these outposts useless as severe interference blocked their communications.

POINTS OF INTEREST
The Entry Side:

The Shatter Field: A massive asteroid Field above Draemidus Prime, The Shatter Field holds The Prime on its' largest asteroid. Surprisingly, The SHatter Field has not been affected by The Prime.

The Blight: The Blight, or the massive Ionic storms around The Shatter Field have been intensified and more mobile than usual.

The Nether Side:
Hill One: A massive hill, almost a mountain in size but not as steep. The hill is grassy, but the grass, while living, is black like charcoal. The grass is also incredibly sharp, giving any exposed flesh hundreds of small cuts resembling paper cuts.

The Pit: Surrounding Hill One is a large moat, over 100 yards deep, ending in lava. This moat is 20 yards wide, and surrounds the entire hill, without any way to get across.

Lucidity: Things are essentially normal, though the changes in The Storm, The EMP, and the gravitational shift inside The Prime do not follow the typical rules of nature.

Hostility: The Blight is much more violent in all ways, from it's movement, to the storm itself. There's also an EMP between The Entry side and The Nether side. Finally, there is a strong, changing gravitational shift inside The Prime that makes it like a deadly rollercoaster ride.

IC Rules: No IC rules, but remember the effects mentioned above...The EMP, The Gravitational Shift, The interference, and The Storm.

NethDiv.png
HISTORICAL INFORMATION:

The Bryn'adul have killed countless souls. They do not discriminate in their murder. Good men have died fighting side by side with bad men. Jedi, Sith, Mercenaries, Criminals, Women, Children. None have been spared. The actions of The Bryn have created wounds in The Force that seldom were revealed. Now, with the return of The Nether, Rifts have opened up in Bryn territory to punish The Bryn for their crimes.

Most notably among the rifts is The Prime. The Prime is a large portal that appeared on The Largest asteroid in The Shatter Field. With its' appearance, The Blight has increased in intensity and mobility. Furthermore the moon stations around Draemidus Prime have been rendered useless due to interference.

Inside The Prime is a heavy gravitational shift, making any journey through the portal incredibly difficult, especially for large ships. Furthermore there is an EMP, rendering any electronics useless.

Once one has passed through The Prime, they enter The Killing Fields on Hill One. The Prime is considered a one way trip, although a few rare cases have shown that it can be passed through from inside The Nether.

Last edited:
Sethrak Sethrak

First of all - Sweet recolor. I love it.

My only suggestions would be: Be careful with the wording.

*One Way Ticket: Entering The Rift from The Nether will result in a slow, painful death of burning.

That unintentionally seems to be calling a hit. I would try and phrase it as "Can" result...

The Bryn'adul have killed over 48 Billion souls.

It's true that they've likely killed "billions" but I would hesitate to put a number on it like that. We don't know if it's true - Could be more, could be less.

Sidenote: I really think it's a neat idea that a rift opened to punish the Bryn for their crimes. Ha! Very cool.

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Hello, Sethrak Sethrak ! I love this idea and I think it's an interesting bit of lore and a crack of karma for the Bryn IC. Can't wait to read through the Killing Grounds! However, I do have a few things that need to be corrected before I stamp this:

Image Credit | Your first link simply leads to the site and contains many many pictures. I found a link that puts the concept art with the Dark Portal from World of Warcraft. Please link the Wiki page I've provided in place of your current source.
Links | You can find updated links to older subs through the new site, it simply involves typing it in to find because sometimes things may link to older versions. I've provided the updated link for Draemidus Prime here.
Destination | If you'd like, you can link the Killing Grounds now to save a Sub Mod post lated.
Size | Same as with Links, I've provided an updated link to the Shatter Field of Draemidus Prime.
Netherworld Information | Per the contest requirements, please add in the following fields with the information that applies to the Prime.
Lucidity: [ How coherent and as expected do things occur in this location? Do things mostly follow the general laws of the outside galaxy? Or is it more dreamlike and disjointed? ]​
Hostility: [ What are the denizens of this location like when approached by outsiders? Are they passive and welcoming? Apathetic? Or are they hostile and dangerous? Is the landscape itself actively hostile and dangerous? What can a visitor expect to be greeted with upon their arrival? ]​
IC Rules: [ Are there any weird rules that apply to reality around this area/object? Do characters feel a fatigue, or attrition when walking around? Does gravity work in odd ways? How are the dead/spirits affected?]​

If you have questions or are simply done with edits, please give me a tag!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ylla Caeli'runa

Thank you very much for providing those links, it saved me a lot of time and you certainly didn't have to! Also thanks for telling me to link The Killing Grounds, again saving me some time.

I think it's ready now, I fixed every link, added The Killing Grounds, and added the new fields. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom