Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My All for the Children (Charity Auction)

[member="Baiko no Kaho"]

Eddak smiled widely as he pat leg a few times, seeing how high the bid was raised. "Here, here!" Eddak raised his hand, "My bid, and match that bid, and..." he leaned over to his suitcase. He reached and clicked it open and pulled something out before closing it. When he came back up, he dropped a Platinum bar on the table. He didn't have many on him, but he felt it was a great time to do so. "One Platinum Bar. Wussat like, maximum be like.... 37,000 credits, a Light Freighters worth of Mealgrain, and a... hydro-treatment equipment for an outlying town." He didn't mean to outbid the lady, in fact he didn't plan to win Raxis. He could see from this far, even in a dim light, how the two were acting. He just wanted to make Gray feel like he was wanted, heh.

Gray Raxis
One Platinum bar
Light Freighters worth of Mealgrain
One hydro-treatment equipment for an outlying town

A platinum bar.

A Platinum Bar.

Baiko stiffened further, wringing her hands in the fabric of her skirt. 37,000 credits, the freighter and hydro-treatment equipment? Was [member="Gray Raxis"] worth over 60,000 in credits and equipment? Glancing at the stage, Baiko exhaled, calculating what she had which could be liquidated in case the bidding got even higher. It occurred to her that Yasha would see the deficits in Baiko’s company account, and probably laugh. No, not probably… she would laugh.

“55,000 credits… hydro-treatment equipment for two outlying towns, and… and a vertical vegetable garden for Cold Iron City.” Oh, now she’d done it! Thank goodness Gray was blind and couldn’t see the flush in the woman’s face.

There went her company bonus… oh, he was worth it. He was worth it indeed.

Gray Raxis
* 55,000 Credits
* 2 x hydro-treatment equipment for outlying towns
* 1 x vertical garden for Cold Iron City

[member="Baiko no Kaho"]

Eddak smiled widely as he could tell the lady was looking through her assets, probably what she could spare. Well, he didn't expect to run the woman dry, but he couldn't help but find it a little funny.... literally giving her a run for her money. He applauded at the bid, and then raised his hand one final time, "Here, here. Add my first bid to the lady's, plus 3,000. Make her bid an even 60,000." If the lady were to look over at Eddak, he would give a wide grin, a nod, and a wink. Hopefully reinforcing her bid would make people think twice about bidding on Raxis, or at least make it so Baiko had a chance at getting the man. Suppose Eddak feels a little bit like cupid at this moment. Also, it may just have been Eddaks OCD acting up, wanting the number to end in 0 rather than 5. Other than that, Eddaks bidding was done trying to claim Raxis for himself, but he didn't retire his hand just yet. Afterward, Eddak grabbed his Platinum Bar and tossed it back into his case, locking it back up.

Gray Raxis
5,000 credits and a Light Freighters worth of Mealgrain added to [member="Baiko no Kaho"] bid

“Oh!” Baiko looked over at [member="Eddak Manod"] and witnessed his wink. He was a good natured man it seemed, throwing down in the name of charity and good fun.

Baiko’s cheeks blushed furiously as she sucked in her lower lip… then burst out with a bit of a laugh behind her hand. She shrugged at him, pointed her hand at [member="Gray Raxis"] and went, “I can’t help it!”

Yes, Eddak was pushing… and now? Well, now… Baiko had to push back. “Thank you, Sir. Your chivalry is gallant.” She said, staring at Eddak with a coy, and embarrassed smile.

“Come now, save your platinum for my lot, Sir.”

Gray Raxis
* 60,000 Credits (Thank you Eddak!)
* 2 x hydro-treatment equipment for outlying towns
* 1 x vertical garden for Cold Iron City

She and Stardust had gotten past the press with no issues and Ra had no problem with this. The less attention paid to her, the better. Not that her presence here was a bad thing or that something would happen if it was learned. It is just Ra preferred to stay out of public notice.

Already knowing some of the people here, if they looked in her direction, she would give them a polite nod, but not approach any of them. That is until Stardust moved to speak with Darben. Not having any choice in the matter, Ra followed her sister and nodded to him when they met up. Having met not long ago, there wasn't a need for introductions and it was obvious Stardust already knew him.

"Mr. Skirae, how are you tonight?"

Remaining standing gave Ra an opportunity to look around the room. They weren't near the center or anything and not in the way of anybody due to where Darben had decided to sit. For a brief moment, her eyes fell on Virak Ip and passed on, not before a corner of her lips turned up slightly. It was the same...yet different than the man that had recruited her to the Sith Assassins. Now her life had moved her past being within the Sith Empire, her only connection to them with the assassins. She had cut her ties with that empire and lived her own life. It was why she hid the fact she could use the Force from others. Feeling the darkness from him though, Ra watched to see how others around him reacted.

Keeping an eye on that, she continued to look around the room. Lady Kay, Gray Raxis, Eddak Manod and then Darben were the only people she knew here. However, she was here with her sister and she is the one that mattered.

[member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Darben Skirae"]

Darben Skirae heard the bidding, however he was not so interested in doing that. Really he was only here to donate to the charity this event was for, and enjoy the night. He had some Commenori Brandy for his table, so he drank from that. He thought about things, like how Renla was doing without him. No doubt asleep by now, but who knew? She might have woken up and realized he was gone as well. Darben put down his glass as he heard a voice, or rather two voices.

He looked to the source to find it was [member="Stardust Raxis"] and @Ra'a'mah, both of which he had met and knew. "Stardust, hello!" he said, then he turned to Ra. "I am well" he replied to her, extending a hand to shake. He felt more formal towards Ra rather than Stardust, who had helped a part of his family.

@Ra'a'mah [member="Darben Skirae"]

She smiled and pulled darben into a light hugbefore letting go, she had helped this man with his adopted daughters issue of being mute...she had made something that corrected the issue and it was a success...she took a drink from one of the passing waiters and took a drink with a smile on her face as she spoke

How is renla doing! Last I saw she was speaking pretty well any improvements?

She asked and looked around feeling a dark force signature....she glanced over to [member="Virak Ip"] as she frowned....she didn't like this at all ra she would let pass but anyone else...she was suspicious. She shrugged oh well

gotta say this isn't a bad party...especially since its for mandalore

She said then looked to the stage and frowned looking away again her mood visibly getting a bit gloomy before she cleared her throat and gave a smile

☤ Golden Heart, Cold Hands ☤
Aes'ona had almost dropped her snack when [member="Mariya Fleischer"] first approached. Quickly, the doctor recovered, managing a smile and hugging her blonde friend back. "Truth be told," she replied, "it was an unexpected visit." That much was true; she had not expected the need of a vacation after Dagobah. Still, the need had presented itself soon after her return to the flagship, and she had somehow convinced her CO to afford her some unplanned, health leave.

Nolan had been on his datapad, checking how the press for the event had been going. unfortunately by the time he was going to thank Lady Kay for sitting next to him, she was already gone. Well that’s not good, you don’t ignore your boss, especially when she’s the leader of Commenor. Nolan was still not used to having a boss, so hopefully she would sit back down next to him, so they could actually talk and he could ask for forgiveness, once she announced the first lot.

Nolan cheered, “Go get ‘em, Lady Kay!”

Not exactly professional, but Nolan was his own brand of professional. Nolan’s brand of professionalism is hardly professional at all but in most cases he doesn’t care enough to act professional, he was a podracer it’s not exactly a sport that the upper class typically enjoyed unless it was to bet on it.

Watching her announce [member="Gray Raxis"] and the bidding war was a fun time. He certainly didn’t know that equipment and projects could be bidding. After messaging with an old friend of his on his datapad,
For something he would reveal soon. He was ready to bid.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
The bidding for [member="Gray Raxis"] went higher than she had expected. And just who was bidding on him had surprised her. The bidding war between [member="Eddak Manod"] and [member="Baiko no Kaho"] continued for a bit, until it seemed as though they joined sides. Eddak seemed to have lost with grace. Perhaps that was a good thing.

"Well then...going once...Going twice....and SOLD. Lot A has been awarded to the Lady in the beautiful fur stole. Thank you for your generosity." Of course Kay didn't know her name at all. More than likely she'd find out later.

"Gray, if you'd like to handle the next lot..." She assumed that her work was done. Kay left the stage and went back to where she was before Gray had called her up; and that was one of the food tables. Of course she wasn't looking for food, opting for tea instead. Her lovely Sapir tea.

Once found she poured herself a cup and cradled it in her hands, taking a sip before heading over to an empty table and sitting herself down. She looked to [member="Nolan Kitari"] and gave him a small nod, hoping that her performance of sorts on stage had gained his approval. It was a strange thing to have a PR person. But it'll certainly be needed in the future.

She moves like she don't care
"Definitely unexpected," Mariya smiled back, wondering who would have invited her friend. The mysterious person had to be someone from Commenor or Mandalore, but there were too many to name. Her attention was momentarily drawn to the stage where [member="Lady Kay"] had just finished announcing the winner of the first bid, a lady wearing fur for the night.

"I assume you are definitely not here for the auction," she gave her friend a curious look. S'ona did not seem to be one who would be interested to attend an charity ball like this. "Let me guess, someone invited you to a fancy ball again. But this time, it's not me."

"So, going to tell me who?" She raised her trademarked left brow at the doctor.

The auction for Gray went surprisingly well. Baiko had gotten into it, but he was a little surprised to see a gentleman getting into it too. These lots were just for dinner and dancing but that didn't mean it was a date or suppose to be romantic. Certainly they could be used for that and no doubt more than a few people planned to use it that way. Gray just smiled though as the bids went on until it was called by [member="Lady Kay"] and she handed things back over to him. He nodded to her and took the mic again.

" Those bids will help out a lot of children, but I think you might have overpaid [member="Baiko no Kaho"] ." Gray said seriously before taking on a joking tone. He made a motion towards the side of the stage calling up the regular auctioneer. " Now then on to Lot B. Baiko if you would be so kind as to come up on stage and tell the crowd a little about yourself before we can start bidding?" He gave Baiko a smile. Handing over the mic to the auctioneer who had arrived, Gray walked down to his table. As the two past he made sure to bump her in much the way she always did him.

Once back in his seat, Gray got himself another glass of brandy poured. Sitting back, he took a drink and watched the stage. Yasha wanted him to win Baiko for some reason. Well not some reason because he knew why. What would she think and say if he lost the lot to someone else? What if he did win would one date count for both or would they have to do two? It didn't matter to him the number, but he would need to have something to tell the press if they asked. How they knew about things though was beyond him.

OOC: Apologize for the delay. Everything hit me at once and I was just too tired to post, but we are back on track.
[member="Mariya Fleischer"] [member="Quoron Viszla"] [member="Eddak Manod"] [member="Virak Ip"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] [member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Charlie"] [member="Nolan Kitari"] [member="Amanda Kryze "][member="Ra'a'mah"]

Shaking the hand Darben extended, Ra understood they had a business relationship as opposed to anything he and Stardust had. Not knowing what she had done for him in past, she just listened and kept silent. Picking up one of the drinks, Ra would nurse it so she could keep a clear head during the auction. Not intending to bid on anything, she would make a donation while she was here.

"How are contacts going for you, Darben?"

She asked this after Stardust finished speaking and gave her sister a smile. One being used to wearing a mask, that smile didn't reach her eyes, but hopefully her friend knew the feeling behind it.

"It's nice to see so many here to support Mandalore."

[member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Darben Skirae"]

Oh no. Her lot!

Why did her lot need to be next!? Righting her shoulders, Baiko strode up to the stage and put her hand on [member="Gray Raxis"]’ arm for a moment as he bumped her shoulder, before standing in place.

“I am… an incredibly embarrassed Atrisian woman who most definitely overpaid for a date.” Baiko brushed her hand over her cheek and hid a smile behind it. “In actuality, I am the acting CEO of the Imperial Shipworks, and the Imperial Mining Company, on behalf of Mand’alor [member="Yasha Mantis"], whose husband [member="Kaden Mantis"] is my adopted son. I was a refugee to Mandalore, and while I am no warrior, Mandalore is home… I couldn’t turn Gray down at a bit of fun, so here I am.” Bowing her head, the woman stood and waited.

Hopefully she’d get a credit or two.

[member="Mariya Fleischer"] [member="Quoron Viszla"] [member="Eddak Manod"] [member="Virak Ip"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] [member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Charlie"] [member="Nolan Kitari"] [member="Amanda Kryze "]@Ra'a'mah [member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
A Mandalorian that wasn't a warrior? One that was adopted into it, just like Kay was? Not to mention one with a similar background in business. Hmmm. A friendly chat with [member="Baiko no Kaho"] might be worthwhile.

But [member="Gray Raxis"] didn't give an opening bid at all. There was no minimum. This was a lady with personal connections to the latest leadership of the Clans. Did the others not know how valuable that was?

Kay certainly did.

"30,000 credits plus construction materials for homes, schools and stores with free shipment." The worth of that all depended on the damage that Mandalore suffered. Kay had no idea. She hadn't been there in a very long time.

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Baiko no Kaho"]

"Here, here," Eddak raised his hand, "I'll see that. I'll match that bid, and add 10,000 credits and three Light Freighters of Galderran design to help re-establish trade routes to Mandalore." Eddak smiled over at Lady Kay. He was sitting all alone but he wasn't going to stay quiet for this auction. Besides, when the lots for what he wanted came up, he was going to put up everything he got. Still, he doubted his ability to outbid Lady Kay, Queen of Commenor, High Queen of CSA. Though that didn't mean he wouldn't get the Queen to count her assets.

Baiko no Kaho
30,000 credits plus construction materials for homes, schools and stores with free shipment.
+ 10,000 credits and 3 Galderran Light Freighters

Darben Skirae heard the first bid go through for the next lot, surprised to hear it was [member="Lady Kay"]. Then again, he knew her to be quite the charitable one. Then he moved back to [member="Stardust Raxis"] and @Ra'a'mah. He went to answer Stardust first with a smile and a firm nod. "She's been doing fine. Voice is a little static still but other than that, she's saying more than a few words. She's become quite the chatty one, really." Which was overall a good thing. Meant that the treatment was working.

Then he went to speak to Ra, turning his head to her while holding his glass of brandy. "Going well and smoothly. I've put out some feelers to see who is up to establish trade. I've even been thinking of running my own business. A friend of mine-" He paused as he heard [member="Eddak Manod"]'s bid. "As in him, he's been helping me get started on that."

As he spoke, he thought he spotted someone over the crowd, someone quite familiar..."Will you excuse me for a moment?" Darben set his glass down as he went through, and caught sight of [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"]. "Aes'ona?" This was quite the surprise.

"Dad, we're late."

"Shoden, there's value in a grand entrance. Besides we're always late."

Darlyn, and his adopted, early teenage daughter Shoden, were well on their way at this point to the charity auction hosted by one [member="Gray Raxis"], somewhat at the request of [member="Lady Kay"] herself. For one reason or another, the woman had thought it appropriate that he attend, though realistically there was no real need. Mandalorians could handle security, and he knew well enough that the charity auction itself would not be over something he would seek for his own. So honestly, he wasn't intending to go at any point, until Shoden began to complain about his cooking. Again. True he was no chef but she didn't usually complain this bad.. more teasing than genuine.

So, not wanting to deal with more complaints, he had asked her if she wished to go and see if there was anything good there. She had been, rather enthusiastic, and quickly changed. And lord did his daughter have... quite a humor to her.

See, Darlyn wore former sith robes, despite being a part (the voice of reason he'd like to think) of a dark jedi order, preferring their sleek style to the tattered rags look. Add in the Commenori crest on his breast and his badge in his pocket, and the man was dressed to impress, especially with his lightsabers clipped to his belt. Peaceful or not, he would be on edge without the tools. All in all, with the heavy cloak and robes, Darlyn looked.. extravagant but normal as they walked in. Shoden..

Shoden wore robes as well. Very old Jedi styled. In bright pink. Seriously Shoden was like, Darlyn's dream child. Overly dramatic with a sense of humor.

And no doubt there would be eyes on him as they walked in together, quite the.. odd duo to say the least. The Minister of Justice couldn't help but smile at some of their expressions, shake his head, and find a table for himself and Shoden to sit at. The girl really did know what he needed sometimes...

Darlyn picked out a table, sitting himself down and sipping from a flask of whiskey he always carried, while Shoden (rather excitedly) went about getting herself a generous plate of food. For someone with one hand, she was more than eager to test her limits of carrying food, not that she couldn't handle it. She lived this long without it.. which gave Darlyn time to see who else he recognized. [member="Darben Skirae"], for one... [member="Stardust Raxis"]? Well that was, something of a surprise... and [member="Eddak Manod"] vaguely. Honestly he didn't recognize most of them, which left him to his own devices waiting.

[member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Darben Skirae"] @Ra'a'mah

She smiled, oh that was great renla was well...hiwever Stardust needed to improve on her voice box as she promised make some tweak so the voice would come out clear

so glad to hear that That! Definitly good news! I'll hold my promise and get her voice box so it doesn't sound static maybe a better working one

She nodded her head when he excused himself, she looked around a bit seeing maybe a few people she knew here and there....not caring about who was up for bidding. Then she spotted a old friend [member="Darlyn Excron"] with...by the force no way

She made her way towards him as she waves

Hey! Long time no see my friend! And what's this you have here? A daughter? Hahaha you've a lot to answer my friend

She said and pulled up a chair as she cleared her throat

my apologies, im queen stardust raxis. Old friend of your father's

Nolan gave Lady Kay a big thumbs up. As he expected she killed it up there. Nothing says unity like allowing the host to announce he first bid. Always good when the media is involved who will take any little thing and twist it into a story. Yellow journalism has been something Nolan has had to deal with before. Fortunately he had always gotten ahead of it. With the case of a charity auction to benefit Mandalore, could anybody be so uncaring a write a libelous piece? He certainly had hoped not.

As for the next auction, Lady Kay and Eddak Manod had already bidded should he? It was a bit early plus he was still waiting for confirmation, he would most likely wait for another few auctions just to keep the media waiting. They know that Nolan was going to be donating a lot but they’ll certainly be surprised by his bid.

He then got up walked over to Lady Kay and whispered in her ear.

“What you did was great, great job announcing, but if I might add, it’ll look good if you win an auction, nothing speaks to tabloids like royalty or celebrities on a date. Even though it’s tabloids it’ll spread the message of what the date truly means. Also after the event I want all the bidders and their respective dates for a photoshoot. Best way to spread awareness is through the stupid little things like this.” He whispered. He sat down next to her.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom