Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My All for the Children (Charity Auction)

Caz shook her head at Mereel. She poured herself a glass and lifted it toward him. "You, my friend are a trouble maker and a bad influence on my husband." She winked at him and turned her attention back at Kaine. She loved the crinkle by his eyes when he smiled at her and how her heart skipped a beat when she was near him. Their relationship was beautifully simple. He was the forever warrior to her healer. He was rough around the edges and she was the softeness that grounded him.

Sounds like I got here just in time, my love. I shall start bidding and spend all the money you have made over the years and we will be forced to live a simple life in a cabin in the woods. Doesn't that sound lovely?

She giggled, knowing that living in the woods was the exact opposite of what her husband wanted... but she loved to tease him that they would someday end up there.

She finished her drink just as he pulled her into him and kissed her.

I think we can go one more round, my love. But then I want to bid on some things, okay?

Caz settled on Kaine's lap and poured herself a drink.

[member="Kaine Australis"]

Caz took a sip of her drink and looked at her husband, another smile spreading across her face. She couldn't help but feel the love from him in everything he said to her.

There are a few baubles and sparkly things that caught my eye. Nothing super enticing, but that's not the point here is it? I'd just as soon donate the money I've brought and walk out on your arm to be honest, my love..... and I just might. My concern is the children get what they need. You know that.

She looked around the room, taking in the energy of the people around her, the cacophony of laughter from the other groups. She looked at what was up for auction, finally deciding that she was indeed just going to make a donation.

My love, I think I will just give them money.... let's just enjoy our fun instead of focusing on what's up for auction. Is that okay?

Caz smiled. He knew the way to her heart. She knew that the means by which Kaine had aquired his riches was maybe not the most moral or ethical, and she meant to cleanse his Karma by spending it for good causes.

I think that's a brilliant idea my love. And no, I've had quite enough. One of us has to be able to get us home.

She looked at him and kissed his forehead. Thank you, my love. You are very good to me.

As he wandered around the ballroom he was looking for a friendly face to strike up a chat. Suddenly he saw [member="Kaine Australis"] and a woman he did not know interacting in a rather "friendly" manor. He also was trying to find [member="Amanda Kryze "]he wanted to meet the woman who bid on him but for now he would talk to the other Captain. He walked up behind the Other Mandolorian then saw the extent of [member="Kaine Australis"] and [member="Caz Australis"] interaction and he tried to mask his surprise as he said. "Kaine! It is most good to see you in this place. I do not believe that you have yet introduced me to this woman with which you keep company." He pulled up a chair and began to talk to the others.

[member="Quoron Viszla"] [member="Kaine Australis"]
[member="Caz Australis"]

Off the stage and to drink she went! Nervous beyond anythi g standing up there...she felt embarrassed! A mandalorian like her nervous about being on a stage? Then again it wasn't a warzone....Or a cramped service area she had to get into, she felt most comfortable there

However she had a idea...she walked around looking for the man she just bit on, wasn't hard really, she spotted the green man and moved towards him but stopped a few feet away taking a breath then walked forward

we got room for one more here?

Amanda asked with a smirked on her face

[member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Caz Australis"] [member="Amanda Kryze"]

He typically was not one to engage in much drinking but today would be an exception. He was happy to see Kaine in a non-combat setting. "Kaine I am here so that my home world will be in better condition." He paused and surveyed the table. He intended to chat with the other officer then recommend he excuse himself to fulfill his family commitment.

His eyes then wandered to Amanda. She did look rather fetching and it make his heart-beat quicken. "We always have room for one more when Kaine is footing the bill. I hope I'm worth the ship repairs." His night was getting better and he thought of a way to bolster the fledgling Navy as well. "On that note would you like to join me on a naval operation as an engineer? I am unable to offer you a candlelit dinner but I can provide dinner and a show if you are so inclined."

Who ever that woman was she made Kaine happy and he would not let the evening's formalities stand in the way of the officer's happiness. "Ma'm I would like you to know that Kaine is an excellent commander who's actions make my life much safer." Despite the difficulties he faced Quoron was feeling happy that night.

[member="Quoron Viszla"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Caz Australis"]

She smirked and chuckled, quite handsome up close rather then on the stage, she took a seat close to quoron. She glanced over to him as she took another drink from a server and smiled sipping it

well certainly so! I think your worth 10 but I must be fair

She listened to his offer and blinked a bit, a offer for the navy? She was speechless! She stumbled over her words for a bit before she sighed out a deep breath and smiled

id be honored! Working for the navy would be such a great honor....as for not having a candlelit dinner....I hate to say but I'm not fully for that mushy stuff....but that dinner and show your offering well truelly a man's like you one would be stupid to deny that offer

Caz smiled at her husband and then at his friends.

It's a pleasure to meet you both. I hope you are enjoying your evening.... Amanda, it seems you have found something to bid on, then?

Caz was used to military talk when she was with her love. It never really escaped them no matter where they were. She usually just smiled and nodded. It wasn't a life that she particularly loved, but she loved her husband. She was a healer, a peacemaker and a lover....but she was also trained to fight if necessary. Given the choice she would always resort to mediation over violence. Kaine knew this and never forced her to be any other way... that beautiful simplicity again.

She was pulled from her thoughts hearing Kaine mention what she was.

She smiled.. "Yes, he needs someone to keep the troops in top shape, doesn't he?

[member="Kaine Australis"] @Amanda Kryze

The auctioneer was not sure what to do. The person for the mystery lot was nowhere to be seen and it was just confusing people in the crowd. Sweat began to develop on the man's forehead. What was he going to do now? This might tank his set career! He looked over to Gray to see what he was suppose to do now. Oh how bad this was. It was not good for the auction to have this long of a pause in it.

Gray wanted to respond to [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Baiko no Kaho"] right away, but he could feel the panic coming off of the auctioneer. He said to the two women, " One second ladies. I need to do something." He got onto his com system and said in a lower volume for them to move onto the "boy." After that he put the com away and smiled at the ladies again. " Sorry about that. Kay, me and Baiko are going to be grandparents! My adopted daughter Yasha is pregnant. Isn't that the best news you have ever heard?" Pride and joy were oozing out of him by this point. He really wanted her to be excited too at the prospect of becoming a great aunt. Although she had no real reason to be as excited about it as him.

The auctioneer got the message from his associates and walked back up to the mic. With a smile he said, " Sorry about that Ladies and Gentlemen. It appears our mystery lot had something very important come up and was unable to make it tonight. But do not worry! It seems we have a replacement! For our last lot of the night [member="Teagan Stoirm"] !" A young man was shoved through the curtain onto the stage and he stumbled forward. The auctioneer clapped and then said, " Teagan why don't you come up over here and tell us a bit about yourself so we can get the lot started?" The auctioneer stepped back to give the young man room to use the mic. Hopefully this fixed things a bit and got the auction back on track.

[member="Cecile Miraxus"] [member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Charlie"] [member="Nolan Kitari"] [member="Mariya Fleischer"] [member="Quoron Viszla"] @Amanda Kryze [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] [member="Eddak Manod"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Virak Ip"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Caz Australis"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Ra'a'mah"]

Working in the back to keep all of the equipment running was what Teagan was tasked with for the evening. He was perfectly at home doing the work and he enjoyed that it was helping to get some credits and resources to help out Mandalore. Thing had gotten pretty heated up out there though it seemed based on how the auction people were reacting to things. They had even given this one young woman extra attention because it seemed she had brought in a lot. Then things got quiet though when they got to the final bid. Adora was suppose to be the mystery bid even though she didn't know she was going to be, but she hadn't shown up to the event for some reason. He didn't blame her as the Mandalorians were not so use to the idea of a charity auction. What were they going to do now?

No sooner had Teagan thought that than he was suddenly being shoved out of the curtain onto the stage. He froze up seeing all of the people out there in their fancy clothing. He was wearing a nice gray suit himself with a blue tie and vest, but it was not nearly to the level of class as most of the people out there. An awkward smile came to his face and he gave the crowd an even more awkward wave without meaning to. Great he was looking pretty foolish right now. Then the auctioneer guy asked him to come up to the mic and say something. What was he suppose to tell these people?

Teagan walked up to the mic stiffly and cleared his throat. He was feeling very nervous about all of this. "He-hello! My name is Teagan Stoirm of Clan Raxis. I was born and raised on Doldur but joined up with them after a nasty civil war on my homeworld. It was really bad.... But not as bad as the one on Mandalore! That is why we are here right? To help the starving children because of that whole affair.... Anyways, I'm an engineer and sometimes a combat engineer. Also I seem to be involved in a lot of crashes. They aren't my fault though! I was never doing anything to cause the crash. Maybe I'm just cursed or something. But I'm rambling now. Definitely rambling.... I'll shut up now and let all of you nice people figure out if you want to bid on me or not." Teagan's face had progressively gotten more and more red from blushing as he spoke. By the time he walked away from the mic he was as red as the freshest cherry. He tried to keep his eyes down as if that would hide some of his embarrassment.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay bowed her head to [member="Baiko no Kaho"] . It seemed as though the lady didn't notice that [member="Gray Raxis"] had waved her over. But that was alright. Their minds were obviously preoccupied with something.

She didn't sit or anything while Gray excused himself. Instead she just sort of stood there, wondering what was up.

And then he told her. Kay's jaw dropped slightly as she looked from Gray to Baiko and back again. There was a lot of information that she was missing. Afterall it had been well over a decade since she had seen Gray last. "Grand ..parents? You two are married?...Adopted daughter?...W-what?" Kay wasn't sure if she needed to sit down or not. For one thing, she was way, way out of the loop. "I mean, congrats. I'm sure that you'll be great grandparents." She gave them a smile, though her mind was pondering over whenever the time would come that she'd become a grandparent. No doubt she'd really need to sit down on that day.

“Gray, you’re confusing our benefactor... oh for the... there he goes.” Baiko dipped her head, keeping the pose of a servant who hadn’t quite understood her new standing. [member="Gray Raxis"] went off once again and Baiko pressed her fingers to her brow.

“Apologies… he’s a bit… frazzled by the news and the event. Gray adopted Yasha, I adopted her riduur, Kaden. We are not married…” Baiko laughed softly, Gray was, it seemed, always the eager one.

“But we are to be grandparents to the Mand’alor’s child. Thank you for your congratulations… how are you doing, your majesty? I hope you are well. Thank you again for allowing this auction. Yasha will love all the supplies coming in from generous leaders. With this basis, Mandalore will be back on its’ feet in quick succession. It feels wonderful to have the potential of friendship between Commenor and Mandalore, does it not? Perhaps you and I can, at some point, talk at length about it? Perhaps over tea?” Baiko nodded again at [member="Lady Kay"], in deference to the woman’s royal status. The former servant knew if Mandalore was to survive it would need the addition of powerful and peaceful friends. This was but the opening of a door.

Kay-Larr

Riduur. Kay was unfamiliar with that word. Maybe it meant husband. Which would make [member="Gray Raxis"] and [member="Baiko no Kaho"] inlaws to one another. Well that would make sense. But in truth it was so convoluted that even that explanation could be confusing. Perhaps if she learned the language more, it would help. Of course she didn't quite have the time for that.

She bowed her head as Baiko thanked her for the auction, the help and a slurry of other things. "I'm doing well for the most part, thank you." Outside of the unfortunate actions of her husband, she was doing well. So it wasn't as though she was lying. "And I would love to have a chat over tea. This Embassy belongs to your people, so you all have free access to it. Of course you could always drop by the Palace. I'm usually there if I'm not elsewhere in this sector."

Seemed that the charity had slowed down due to Gray overdoing the number of lots. Good thing to keep in mind for later. Poor Teagan though was getting pretty nervous up there and no one was bidding as the political side of the event had taken over full swing. Time to wrap it up then. Gray turned to [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Baiko no Kaho"] to say, " Excuse me one more time ladies." He then raised his hand and said in a voice loud enough for the auctioneer to hear, " 10,000 credits, 2 more BDS generators, 1 more each of the TEA and TELAS systems. And the date I will be handing over to some lucky girl later on." After that he made a motion with his hand that told the auctioneer to wrap it up with his bid. He turned his attention back to the two ladies at his table and smiled. " What do you mean Songbird? I've considered us married since after that date on Concord Dawn. Haven't you?" He gave Baiko a warm smile. " I promise we will come visit you soon Kay. Not just for politics either. We are family after all." With that he gave Kay a warm smile as well.

The auctioneer got onto his mic as Teagan slipped off back behind the stage curtain. The man was glad things were finally over. He smiled big for the crowd and said, " Well looks like that is the end of the auction everyone! All of the winning bids will go towards those who need it most on Mandalore and we are taking donations still. Thank you for helping put on such a great event and please enjoy the rest of your evening!" As he left the stage, the band from before took place up on it again getting themselves set back up. Once they were done the music continued once again.

With the music playing again, Gray was thinking of asking Baiko either to join him out on the dance floor or perhaps just have some privacy in his personal room of the embassy. No matter what it was really just about spending some time with the woman that mattered most to him right now. But then he was approached by [member="Kaine Australis"] and the man introduced himself. Gray turned his attention to the other Mandalorian and said with a smile, " Greetings Kaine! I'm Gray Raxis alor of Clan Raxis. How can I help you? Hope you enjoyed the free food and entertainment. Not exactly a Mandalorian event I know, but it isn't for our people. Got to do what we must for Mandalore." Seems he was going to have to wait a bit longer before he could take Baiko off somewhere.

=Current total of bids=
-653,000 credits
-2 hydro-treatment equipment for outlying towns
-1 vertical garden for Cold Iron City
-10 BDS generators
-5 TELAS systems
-5 TEA systems
-1 terraform processor
-2 fuel stations
-2 medical frigates
-3 fuel haulers
-2 shipyards
-1 personal favor from [member="Cecile Miraxus"]
-5 ship repairs from @Amanda Kryze
-1 pod-racing arena fully paid for by [member="Nolan Kitari"]

=Current total of donations=
-1 bantha
-1 mobile construction vehicle
-1 ancient sword

OOC:
Okay sorry for the delay with this post! Things got a little crazy on my end. This auction is wrapped up but feel free to continue your stories and just tag me if you want to add a donation.

One thing was becoming radically clear to Baiko no Kaho. Mandalorians were much less formal than she could wrap her head around. “Ma-ah… ah… Gray, you cannot be... ma... ah...”

Baiko plunked down in the chair in a shocked swoon. Her cheeks flushed and she reached for her glass of brandy, taking a long sip. “Gracious, are all Mandalorians so quick with… with… you think spending over a decade on Mandalore, I’d have learned their ways already, eh [member="Lady Kay"]? Goodness me.” Pulling out her hand fan, Baiko snapped it open and fanned herself, taking several deep breaths as [member="Gray Raxis"] spoke to [member="Kaine Australis"].

She looked up at Lady Kay, put durasteel in her spine and found it in her to stand once again. “My pardons, your majesty, apparently Gray’s laid a claim he needs to back up with more than a few scant words. I would gladly meet you in your palace for a cup of tea, if it is convenient. We have much to discuss… thank you for the auction, Yasha will be most pleased. Ah… hmm.”

Still blatantly shocked by Gray’s announcement, Baiko fanned her cheeks and looked to Kaine and Gray. “Alor Australis, how lovely for you and your vode to come. Mand’alor will be most pleased at your presence here. Have you had the pleasure of being introduced to the Queen of Commenor?”

Baiko slid her hand in the crook of Gray’s arm, he had MUCH to explain in private, later.

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow to [member="Gray Raxis"] . So they were married, sorta, and their children were married to eachother too. Well that sure made a confusing arrangement even more confusing. She was REALLY glad that she wouldn't have to suffer such a thing herself. Nor her children. Her family life was all straight forward. The whole Raxis Clan thing was just...seperate. Due to the Crusades and her resentment to the culture of war, Kay made sure to stick to Commenor. It was far better to be in control of her own life than to have others dictate it for her.

A visit with Gray was never without politics. She was stubborn and did what she could for her people, even when it was the opposite of what Gray wanted. Afterall, what was the worse that could happen? Probably nothing.

She turned her attention to [member="Baiko no Kaho"] and smirked. "I don't think that it has anything to do with Mandalorian culture, but everything to do with Gray's personality. That in itself takes some time to get used to. A visit would be nice. Just let me know ahead of time so that I can be sure to be here."

Now she felt a bit like a third wheel, or very much out of place. Let the two lovers have their space. That is until [member="Kaine Australis"] arrived. She bowed her head to him, offering a polite smile. "Welcome to Commenor. I hope that you enjoy your visit." As he was formal, so was she.

It didn't take long for her to get lost in the conversation, not knowing the language used made her feel more out of place than she already was. She chewed the inside of her cheek a bit. "Well I'll just...leave you all to it. Have a good evening." Kay bowed her head to them and headed off. She needed to get a tally later. Afterall, she was supposed to match it as promised. It wasn't as though the CSA couldn't afford it. And people couldn't say that her people did nothing for others. Sure they chose to not fight in the Galaxy's wars, but they were there to help clean up. Someone had to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom