Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My All for the Children (Charity Auction)

☤ Golden Heart, Cold Hands ☤
"I'm here of my own accord," the doctor explained quietly, her attention [member="Baiko no Kaho"]'s lot and the bids on her company. It was only half of a lie, for she had taken the Minister up on what was technically his suggestion, but she did not coordinate with him in an attempt to meet up. "Believe it or not, I'm here for the auc...well, not to bid, but to donate."

Just as she finished her thought, a voice called out her name. And one she roughly remembered? Two kinds of dread surged through the doctor's body--one due to the imminent teasing that [member="Darben Skirae"]'s sudden, seemingly-on-cue appearance would provoke from [member="Mariya Fleischer"], and the other fear of having to engage with more that one other person now.

"D-darben?" she asked back, even though her eyes did not deceive her.

With some brandy in front of him, Gray listened as people bid on Baiko. Her lot was going better than his own, naturally. When it got to the point that [member="Lady Kay"] bid on her, he wanted so much to be able to give her a teasing look that said "oh so you like women now?" But sadly his blindness and the scarf over his eyes prevented that kind of thing. Instead he settled for teasing her about it later when he could use his words. It was only to be expected of course with her being family. His main concern right now though was on [member="Eddak Manod"] and him bidding on her. Yasha wanted him to win this lot so he was going to have to win this lot.

Not knowing what [member="Nolan Kitari"] was planning to bid or even that he was, Gray said out loud, " 60,000 credits, 8 BDS generators, 4 TELAR systems, and 4 TEA systems for Lot B as in beautiful!" With that out there he went back to drinking his brandy. Time to see if someone wanted to try to out do his bid or not. He planned on winning this at all costs. He didn't feel like getting chewed out by his daughter later if he did lose. Best outcome was it was Kay who beat him out and they got to have a little chat without any suspicion to its political elements.

[member="Baiko no Kaho"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay smirked as [member="Eddak Manod"] placed in a bid. At least she got the ball rolling. And that was her goal. Eddak seemed to have the same idea. Or so she thought.

[member="Nolan Kitari"] soon approached and whispered in her ear. What he had began to say made sense, until she came to the sudden realization of what her winning an auction could imply. Oh no. She couldn't do that to Veiere! As Nolan sat down beside her, she leaned over and whispered to him. "I can't win a date. I'm married! I'm not a player. I'm loyal to my husband and I love him. Just because he is no longer King and has gone away, it doesn't mean that my marriage is over. What if he sees such a thing? He'll think that I'm unfaithful." The tabloids would certainly swing it that way.

Kay looked to [member="Gray Raxis"] as he upped the bid to a very generous offer. Of course just a hand signal wouldn't be enough to say that she was out. So before Nolan could stop her, she blurted out. "Too rich for my blood. I'm out." Of course that was a bold faced lie, everyone knew that and could see it. She sipped her tea and slid down in her chair a bit, almost as though she was trying to hide.

Not knowing much about the personal life of Darben, she wasn't aware of his daughter or any of speech issues. Perhaps, she could ask Stardust about it later since it was obvious she knew what was going on. It wasn't something Ra could help with really though and while she listened, she did glance around again to see if there was anybody else she might know.

Having already noticed Gray, Kay, Virak and Eddak, there weren't any others. Not too much of a surprise to her though, these weren't people she dealt with very often and worked more with the merchants.

When he did speak to her, Ra turned her attention back to him. He mentioned he was thinking of starting his own business, something she could get behind and support. She had done it the other way around and grew into her position. Pointing to Eddak, her eyes followed to who Darben was pointing out. They had all met before and she nodded. Allowing him to excuse him, Ra stepped out of his way so he could move on.

Following Stardust since she knew more people, she was lead to meet Darlyn. Her friend introduced herself to a girl, but left Ra out of the introductions. Looking at Darlyn, she maintained the almost ever present business façade and held out her hand to shake.

"I'm Ra'a'mah Numare."

[member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Darlyn Excron"]

She moves like she don't care
"Darbin?"

The blonde turned her attention towards the man who had called the name of her best friend. She knew [member="Darben Skirae"], sort of. He was one of the opposing team members in the recent Commenor war gaming session. The mercenary had no memory of seeing Darben in action, but she clearly had her doubts about the man's ability to hold a blaster properly. That seemed to be the case for [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] as well, whom Mariya clearly knew that the doctor's hands were more skilled in the healing arts compared to firing shots.

Maybe similarities attracted one another. Just maybe.

Emerald eyes glanced at the man's unkempt hair which stood in contrast against the well tailored suit. Mariya held her tongue to comment on the minister's dressing and instead leaned over to Aes'ona's ear.

"That's 'Darbin'? Now everything makes sense, my dear S'ona. Hmm, why not be a good sport and go over to talk to him. I'll catch you later, if things somehow don't work out. That would be the worst scenario, but I'll be around if you need me."

With the whispering done, Mariya winked at her bestie and walked over to Darben, flashing a smile. "Greetings, minister. I shall leave my best friend in your company for now. I do hope she finds someone who treats her well, because I hate to see my friends getting upset or being bullied."

Another polite smile, but she knew she had made her last point clearly before excusing herself. Mariya had nothing against Darben, but she was just being protective of her friends.

[member="Gray Raxis"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Baiko no Kaho"]

Hmm... it seemed Gray was pulling out all the stops on this one. If Eddak recalled correctly, Gray had access to all of that technology, and rather easily. While Galderra had a lot of money, they didn't have a lot of connections. Let's hope Gray doesn't win them all. Eddak threw up his hands in surrender, "I'm out," he said calmly, not needing to get anyones attention as he backed down from the bid.

The auctioneer said, " Any other takers? No? Lot goes to Gray Raxis! [member="Baiko no Kaho"] you may leave the stage now. Now then moving onto Lot C. Could [member="Charlie"] please come up on stage and tell us a bit about yourself so we can start the bids?" The man set the mic back and stepped back.

Gray won the date with Baiko. Yasha was going to love hearing about it later. He still wasn't entirely sure why she wanted him to win so bad, but it was perfectly fine with him. He already planned on bidding on her anyways. He just sat with his glass of brandy now half empty while he waited for Baiko. Once she got to the table he would refill her glass and offer her a smile. " Seems I won. Luckiest person at the auction now getting to have two dates with you. Only sad thing is that I didn't get to bid nearly as much as I was willing to on that date. Guess I will just have to make it up to you somehow." The inability to wink and it be seen with the scarf over his head struck again. Oh well. He had accomplished part of his goal here tonight by getting some resources for Mandalore's restoration. Also he could write this whole charity thing off somehow or another...maybe. Well the rest of the auction was under way now.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Adora Namadi"] [member="Quoron Viszla"] [member="Mariya Fleischer"] [member="Nolan Kitari"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Amanda Kryze "][member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Virak Ip"] [member="Ra'a'mah"] [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"]

“Gray! Please, you’re encourage-able.” Baiko put her hand on her cheek to cover the blush as [member="Gray Raxis"] called her beautiful. The man! What was she going to do with him?

“Thank you, honestly!” Baiko huffed, rushing off the stage to take care of the rising blush on her face. She pulled out a fan and fanned her face, sitting down beside Gray, with a smack of his shoulder.

“Gray, you are too much! Lucky indeed... honestly, in public! Pay more for me, goodness, as if you could win me with money.” Still fanning herself, Baiko sipped her brandy and let Gray refill her glass.

“If I’d known you were going to bid on my lot, I would have refrained from yours. The both of us, carrying on like children with a crush... although...” Baiko leaned over and whispered in Gray’s ear, sitting back a bit more prim and proud of herself. She nudged her chair closer, leaning into Gray’s side. She unfurled her fan to cover her face, muttered, then shut the fan.

“Save your money, Mr. Raxis. Our little family is going to need it.”

Charlie continued to wander the food tables and catch a champagne glass whenever she could get her hands on them. Suddenly her name was called and her face went white, so she was going to be auctioned off. This was a real thing. The poor padawan was collected and shoved onto the stage with a plate full of food and a sandwich sticking out of her mouth. The man announcing asked her to introduce herself and explain a little bit about herself, but from what the crowd could see, she really liked food.

Crickets would creak, if there were any crickets in the crowd. Charlie took a moment to chew the sandwich and finish it on stage. A napkin was handy and she wiped her face of the bits of bread, mustard and mayonnaise. Unlike [member="Baiko no Kaho"], Charlie wasn’t coy or delicate. She held her plate piled high proudly and leaned into the mic that was positioned so that the dates could explain a little about themselves.

The petite padawan, cleared her throat and then spoke introducing herself. “HI!” She shoved a cracker into her mouth, swallowed then continued. “My name is Charlie, I’m a padawan from the Silver Jedi Order. Uh, I like food. Mmmm the bubbly drinks were really good to its my first time having them.” As she stood on the stage, she blinked and felt a little numbness in her legs. Doing her best to not show she was feeling a bit odd, she continued to tell herself this was for a noble cause. A hand brushed her hair from her cheek and she continued, “I’ve never been on a date before, don’t really know what it is. But I hope it’s fun and that there would be food!” Leaning back up from the mic, she grabbed a piece of fruit and continued to eat. She really wanted to see what this date stuff was about and if to get a date she would always have to be bought.

giphy.gif

As Charlie stood there and devoured her plate, she glanced around and noticed the waiter with the tray of champagne. She wanted more of it, but knew she needed to stay on the stage. A soft little whine escaped her throat as she vowed to chase that waiter down to get more after she was auctioned off.

[member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Eddak Manod"] [member="Mariya Fleischer"] [member="Ra'a'mah"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] [member="Nolan Kitari"]

[member="Charlie"]

So, it seemed one of the lots Eddak wanted was finally up on stage. She was... engulfed in the buffet, it seemed. Would that cause a problem for Eddak? Hell no. Galderrans had an infamous eating culture. Dinner was usually served with multiple people, sometimes friends more than family, but the serving would be at least three family sizes too large. They even picked up on classic gornt that was once used in Imperial rations, but now they serve full-sized gornts like god damn turkeys... if they were half the size of cows. Eddak wasn't afraid, in fact he relished the thought of introducing her to the variety of meals in Galderran Culture. Eddak would not waste any more time pondering as her speech was done, and he leaned over behind his table out of sight, reaching into his suitcase. When he rose back up, he had two Platinum bars, which he sat on the table.

"Here, here!" Eddak yelled, assuring he got the attention of the stage. "Two Platinum bars, and the full service of the Galderran Defense Initiative in service to the ruling administration that Raxis Embassy follows on Mandalore. Consider full military support of GDI, with the inclusion of our new command ship, the Super Carrier, 'Neutralizer'.. Not only are they there for your protection should anyone wish to take light of the planets weakened state, but we will enforce your laws, protect freighters and transports, and even help transport anything the planet purchases from anywhere, for free. I don't know how much that's worth to you, but I hope it's worth its weight. I will also give two Royal-class Cruisers and one QAF-B9 Mining Station to make getting construction materials cheaper and faster for yourselves." To be honest, the Royal-class Cruisers were becoming out dated, and weren't being mass produced because of that. But they were a tried and true model, a symbol of pride of Galderran culture. Even if they weren't worth their weight on a bid, hopefully they did Mandalore some good. All of this was prepared to be given whether he won or lost. Eddak had calculated his assets before coming here and he knew what he was able to give. Giving anything more would be pulling straight of Galderra resources, and he wasn't going to do that. You can only support independence so much.

Charlie
2 Platinum Bars
Full GDI military support
2 Royal-class Cruisers
1 QAF-B9 Mining Station

Darlyn suddenly felt off. Very off. No it wasn't [member="Stardust Raxis"], who he greeted with a smile and nod of his head, while Shoden sat down to eat the impressively piled food. And it wasn't being greeted by [member="Ra'a'mah"], who's hand he took firmly in greeting. "Darlyn Excron, Commenor's Minister of Justice. And this is Shoden, my daughter." The girl had enough sense to give a smile and little wave with her not-stump hand before going back to eating, and paying attention to what was going on. Date auction huh?

The girl picked up a napkin to wipe her face, and keep her bright pink robes clean, before moving over and giving Darlyn a hug. Now he knew something was up, she wasn't usually that hug-ish unless she was tired or had something planned. And the man couldn't read her mind so...

He'd just, roll with it. "I adopted her a while ago, Star, before you start making assumptions. Don't let the resemblance fool you, that was just happenstance. A happy coincidence." He chuckled a little and glanced between the two. Whoever was this Ra (her name was murder to his tongue) to come here with Stardust? He hummed a bit in thought, before sitting back a bit. "So then, whatever's your story Miss Ra?"

Darlyn was just lifting his whiskey flask to take a sip, of course, when Shoden suddenly stood up and stepped away from the table with her dad. That was... ah... a lot. But she was sure Dad wouldn't mind if she accessed her allowance early. "250,000 credits on behalf of Darlyn Excron and his expertise managing a justice system!" She had no idea if that would actually top the last bid, really that was for the auctioneer to decide, but hey she had to try!

Darlyn meanwhile began visibly choking on air and whiskey as he doubled over in surprise. He patted his robes while coughing hard... well kark it.. she had his wallet. And was trying to get him more paperwork. The scoundrel... [member="Lady Kay"] had to be laughing at the spectacle by now.

[member=Charlie] | [member="Darlyn Excron"]

"Here, here!" Eddak stood up from his chair, who did this kid think they were? Eddak grinned over at the kid. They got spunk. Eddak grabbed two more Platinum Bars and tossed them on the table, making about 100,000 credits or so. "I'll match that bid... I mean... you know I can't bid a person, but his credits. And..." Eddak looked over at the girl and squinted his eyes, thinking for a moment, before turning back. He went to open his mouth, but he decided against what he was about to say.... for something else. "And one FOBV Galderran Mobile Construction Vehicle, ownership to Gray Raxis. That should solve a lot of your construction needs."

Charlie
250,000 credits
1 Mobile Construction Vehicle
4 Platinum Bars
2 Royal-class Cruisers
1 QAF-B9 Mining Station

Shoden Moz

Lady Mischief of Nordel
Shoden knew when she was simply outclassed by someone in a competition. [member="Eddak Manod"] was eager to win, like she was, and like her he seemed willing to go far to win. Unlike her of course, he had access to simply more funds in general, as well as technology and resources to outpace anything she could offer. Frankly even the absolute most she could offer was likely pale in comparison to what was already offered, not to mention all things considered she figured Darlyn would be very upset at the cost if she won. Still.. she wanted to win, or bleed Eddak dry!

"Make that 350,000 credits, his management services, training, and this really old relic probably worth a lot?" Of course that very old relic was Exar Kun's lightsaber, which she had promptly nicked off her dad's belt alongside his wallet. Which made him choke yet again, this time banging on the table loudly in an attempt to right himself.

His voice would ring out a little bit hoarsely as he made his opinion on Shoden repeatedly betting his entire life savings on a date with [member="Charlie"] very, very clear. "Eddak you better outbid her!"

Could a young child smile any wider than she was right that instant? She didn't know, and she didn't care.

Charlie was getting close to the end of her plate as she listened to the bids that were going out. She really couldn’t fathom how much was being spent on her. She was wishing she was back on the floor area near the food. Glancing longingly at it the food tables, she gave the crowd such a longing face. It was then one of the woman behind the curtains, snapped her fingers and Charlie looked over. They weren’t fools, they saw how much the girl was bringing in so they wanted her to become more ‘wonderful’ to the crowd. They started to blow kisses at her and she stared for a good moment till she realized what they wanted her to do.

giphy.gif

Nodding she looked towards the guests, smiled and then blew a kiss a couple of times and then went back to longing for the delicious food that was back on the tables.

[member="Shoden Moz"] [member="Eddak Manod"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Baiko no Kaho"] [member="Gray Raxis"]

[member="Shoden Moz"]

Eddaks eyes looked over as he heard the girl speak up again. Eddak was full of himself at this point. He overbid a child, but he was so caught up in his confidence he didn't expect.... what came out of her mouth. Eddaks eyes widened as he heard the scariest words possible. His eyes widened so much it looked as if they were going to fall out. His chest felt heavy and hollow as he took a deep breath. A god damn ancient lightsaber. It wasn't going to fix Mandalore but Eddak knew... oh he knew those blasted force users would love to get their hands on it. Eddak had no choice, if he wanted to win, that is. Eddak was no longer happy, an anger took over his face as he turned to face the stage.

"Her-e.... here..." Eddak took one more breath as he choked up before he made his decision. "Ten Platinum Bars, in total, along with everything else I've bid. One Bantha. No, not the animal. The Galderran At-SAT, ownership to the Mandalorian administration of Raxis' choice. And..." Eddak took one last look over to the child with a less than pleasant face as he reached for his sword. Eddak only kept his sword on him, not his blasters, or rifles, or anything else. Because it was sacred to him. He slowly drew it from its sheathe and pointed it towards the stage. "Decimation, Token of Invocation. An ancient Galderran Militia sword, past down through generations. From the second Gamorrean War, which was almost 300 years ago. It now has a Phrik blade, and it has seen countless battles before reaching my hand. It has seen me become King and take Galderra to its ultimate reach; space. You will not find a more sturdy, a more reliable, a more trustworthy weapon. It will never fail you." Eddak gently laid his sword on the table as he stared at Gray Raxis. Why was he willing to give up the very sword that had saved his life countless times? It wasn't a meaningless sword that you could toss hands. It was the symbol of Galderra, and it meant more to Eddak than anything he owned. But it was just a phrik-bladed sword. "I personally reforged the blade in my own Royal Forge. And should you need any kind of personal equipment, I am at your service." Making it a bidding item meant if he won or lost, he would be donating it to Mandalore.

Charlie
250,000 credits
1 Mobile Construction Vehicle
10 Platinum Bars
2 Royal-class Cruisers
1 QAF-B9 Mining Station
1 AT-SAT Bantha
Decimation, Token of Invocation (Phrik sword)
1 free personal item, custom crafted (armor or weapon)

Shoden Moz

Lady Mischief of Nordel
Well that was unexpected. Monetarily she was probably still in the green betting wise, but everything else plus such meaningful items? Had she known the actual value of the 'old relic' in her hand she'd probably have stayed in, hoping that the force users would go for it over whatever [member="Eddak Manod"] offered. But alas, she was neither force sensitive, nor versed in history, and had assumed the weapon would be more apt as a museum item or resale item. Oh well. The young girl couldn't conceive of another thing to offer nor did she think of anything she could pilfer from Darlyn's pockets before the auction would end. Which, regrettably, made her sigh and cross her arms.

"Alright Alright, I know when I can't win. I take it back. Mr. Beard can win. I'll just take my grounding and go." Would've been more worth it if she won and got grounded, but oh well. With her bid retracted, she walked back over to Darlyn, tossed the (still choking) man his lightsaber, and sat back down to eat as if nothing had happened. At least [member="Charlie"] had brought in quite the donation to the charity auction, maybe that would make her punishment less?

OOC:
Bid Retracted, much to Darlyn's relief.

Talon Vosra

T
The woman looked around and stiffled a yawn. They were quite a, what was the word the young used, thirsty for being so wealthy. It was mildly amusing to say the least. Well, perhaps 'diverting' was a better word for it.

"I would like to place a bid." She said as she flipped her long blond hair off her shoulder and smoothed the skirts of her simple form fitting black dress, "On the girl, [member="Charlie"] in the form of five hundred thousand credits, terraforming equipment, two fueling stations to be placed where you choose, two medical frigates, three fuel haulers, and two shipyards also to be placed where you choose. I will also bid my personal services to your people as a single favor for any need you may have in future endeavors"

She didn't know what value these people put on material things but it seemed far more than fair. She also had a deep desire to save this girl from even one dinner with sad older men. She was far too young for such disappointing experiences.

Links to items:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Terraform_Processor

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/32248-baar%E2%80%99ur-class-medical-frigate/

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/27988-mt-3000-fuelling-station/

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/27744-jorsoran-class-fuel-hauler/

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/29655-mt-shipyard-factory-mk-i/

[member="Eddak Manod"] [member="Gray Raxis"]

She moves like she don't care
Mariya saw the crazy prices being tossed at [member="Charlie"] and raised an eyebrow. She had considered hiring a new food taster for her food company. An unknown woman from the Silver Jedi with a super big appetite seemed to fit the bill. To win the bid, she would need to put up something more valuable than all the fancy technologies. There were more than sufficient crates of supplies made and sitting pretty in her warehouses, ready to ship out.

So much for staying neutral, Mariya...

The blonde raised her hand and announced her bid.

"Soul Brothers & Sisters Ltd will bid for a million credits worth of food rations for the hungry and thirsty on Mandalore. Rations are ready for delivery immediately. Plus an offering for Charlie to work as the official food critic. The job is to sample all the new dishes, beverages and alcohols and provide critical feedback on their tastes."

It was a strategic move. Marketing for her food company that would cost less than traditional advertising. Solving the problem of starvation on Mandalore. Hiring a new talent by enticing the woman on stage with food offerings.

Kossak.

On the surface, the Hutt founded the city was a glittering white sprawl of starports, casinos, and resorts. But just under the surface, a large criminal underworld flourished, fueled by front organizations that formed the city's pristine facade. A fitting place to serve as a major hub for the Invisible Market, where anything could be purchased for the right price.

Anything.

More often than not, Jyoti's leads into sentient trafficking rings led here. One day she wished could just turn the whole city upside down, and shake off all the poodoo festering on its underbelly.

About the only highlight of passing through Klatooine was an opportunity to grab fresh pak'pah fruit, a unique delicacy that could only be found here. It was a fragrant fruit with a distinct sweet taste that reminded her of a cross between a mango and pear.

Charlie would probably love them, though admittedly it wasn't too hard to please the Silver Order's new resident food gremlin. Still, she liked doing something nice for her newest apprentice all the same, who she had to leave on Kashyyyk due to the clandestine nature of her current assignment.

She was in the process of ordering a whole case of the fruit for home when she received a new message from Charlie.

Her silver eyes widened in shock at the message, pak'pah case momentarily forgotten.

Charlie had left a Kashyyyk for a charity auction on Commenor. A charity for...Mandalorians?

The Echani struggled to wrap her head around the concept, her last update about the Mandalorians being them ripping and running through the galaxy on raids. She has personally been witness to one such raid on Alderaan.

If anyone needs charity, it's the Mando's latest victims.

Sighing, she texted a short message for a callback ASAP, then picked up her case before leaving the stall.

She should have known better than to expect Charlie to sit still for long.

[member="Charlie"]

Darben Skirae nodded when he saw [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] to meet his gaze. "Indeed, Darben." The woman she had been talking with seemed to smile, and he was somewhat surprised to hear what she said after approaching. He gave a nervous little laugh with a nervous smile as well and watched as [member="Mariya Fleischer"] moved off as well, then looked to Aes'ona. "Well...that was uh...anyway" he said, rubbing at his beard as he usually did when getting nervous. He had no idea what that was about or what she had even meant either. But, he would not bring it up either.

As the bids continued to be fired back and forth, he kept his focus on his friend. "Aes'ona, what are you doing here may I ask? On vacation already?" He then looked back to his table, towards the back. "Why don't...why don't you join me at my table? It's out of the way." And surely no one else would be around there either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom