Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My All for the Children (Charity Auction)

[member="Cecile Miraxus"] | [member="Mariya Fleischer"]

Well, that was it. Eddak tried to muster everything he had to win this lot. Even if he threw the rest in of what he had, it wouldn't be any match. Terraforming equipment wasn't the hardest to come by, but he knew a lot of those bidded items had far more wealth to them. And the next bid just after so swiftly beat out galderra royal treasuries coffers. He didn't expect for such high rollers to be present at this auction, but maybe he should have. "Thank you Gray Raxis for this wonderful opportunity. However, with such high lucrative individuals, I no longer have any chance of winning further lots. I retract my bids. But as you know, everything that was not money, will be donated to Mandalore. You have my Bantha, my mobile construction vehicle, and my sacred sword." Eddak leaned down to pick up his platinum bars and to put them in his suitcase. "Please, treat my weapon with respect - it is all that I ask." He reached to grab the handle to his suitcase and lifted it up - it was a rolling case. He turned to [member="Gray Raxis"] once more and gave a goodbye wave with a wave, before turning to leave the embassy.

All Bids Retracted. Non-currency items donated to Mandalore. No further bids.

☤ Golden Heart, Cold Hands ☤
Aes'ona shook her head at [member="Mariya Fleischer"] as she walked away. The doctor had not been close enough to hear anything that was said, but it was most likely nothing too friendly, based on how [member="Darben Skirae"] looked after said exchange. "I'm sorry," she muttered, walking closer to the Minster. "She--takes some getting used to?"

Aes'ona blinked. "Vacation?" she repeated blankly. "Oh, oh, yes. Yes. Vacation." She threw a glance up onto the stage and scanned over the bids. "An interesting way to raise funds..." Bringing her attention back to Darben, she put on her best smile. "Leave is probably more accurate. For health. I thought that the beach here could help rejuvenate me."

Aes'ona then nodded. "I can sit down for a bit. And then I have something to discuss with Mister [member="Gray Raxis"]."

On their way over to Darben's table, the officer asked, "What have you been up to? Nothing as life-threatening as me, I hope."

Gray wasn't paying much attention to the auction at first as his focus was entirely on [member="Baiko no Kaho"] as she spoke with him. Her little whisper to him and getting right next to him got a smile on his face. He knew she would refrain from bidding on him and that was exactly why he didn't. He sort of hoped he could get the double date if he was being perfectly honest and it had happened. How could he be more happy with the results than that? Then she said something to him that sort of froze him up as his mind raced. She just said to save his credits because of their family would need it. Their family. Was she saying what he thought she was? No, no it couldn't be. But she did include herself as part of the family. Now he couldn't get anymore happy.

Gray was about to say something to Baiko when the bidding for [member="Charlie"] got intense. The auctioneer even glanced over at him to confirm who was the current highest bid. A young woman who loved to eat. Who knew she would be the most popular person so far? He chuckled a bit at the thought then got serious on deciding who's bid was more in line with what they were after. It was a choice between one million credits worth of food and 500,000 credits along with plenty of equipment that they could really use right now. This one was tough, really tough. It was no wonder the auctioneer didn't know which one to go with. After a minute Gray pointed to [member="Cecile Miraxus"] and then turned his attention back to Baiko. He said with a smile, " Our family? Is there a reason you are calling it that? Did I finally impress the lady enough she isn't ashamed to be around me in public?" He really wanted to know what she meant. His mind was racing with possible reasons but he also figured it was likely just that she finally was accepting her role as Yasha's mother rather than her servant.

The auctioneer nodded to Gray then smiled to the crowd. " It was close, but the winner of Lot C is the lovely woman right there." He pointed to Cecile. " Charlie you are free to leave the stage now. Let's take a quick break then move onto the next lot." After that one the auctioneer needed a break. He walked behind the stage to get a drink and a bite of the food there for the staff.

As Charlie walked off the stage, Gray waved to catch her attention and said, " Charlie right? You did good up there. Why don't you just tell any of the waiting staff if you want anything special cooked to eat. Tell them I said you could. You can help yourself to the buffet too. Also you should speak with [member="Mariya Fleischer"] about that offer she made. I'm sure she would be willing to let you taste test her products still. Consider this just a little thanks for participating and again good job up there." He was giving her a friendly smile the whole time he spoke with her. Hopefully that perked up her already good day a bit more. He turned his attention back to Baiko and took a drink of his brandy.

The auctioneer came back after about ten minutes looking refreshed. " Alright it is time to get started up again. Would Lot D come up on stage for us please. [member="Quoron Viszla"] if you would tell everyone a bit about yourself as well then we can get under way." The auctioneer backed up to give the next person room to talk. The man was pleased with how things were going so far. Maybe he would get hired on by request for more of these kinds of events from now on!

=Current total of bids=
-620,000 credits
-2 hydro-treatment equipment for outlying towns
-1 vertical garden for Cold Iron City
-8 BDS generators
-4 TELAR systems
-4 TEA systems
-1 terraform processor
-2 fueling stations
-2 medical frigates
-3 fuel haulers
-2 shipyards
-1 favor from Cecile Miraxus

=Current total of donations=
-1 bantha
-1 mobile contruction vehicle
-1 artifact sword

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Eddak Manod"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Nolan Kitari"] [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] [member="Ra'a'mah"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Adora Namadi"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Amanda Kryze "][member="Kaine Australis"] @Viraik Ip

Quoron walked up to the stage in his dress uniform and sword on his hip waved to the crowd and said. "I am a swordsmith, I have traveled the galaxy learning and exploring and now I am a naval commander for the Mandolorian Empire. I always wish to meet new people and this seemed like a perfect opportunity." With that he smiled at the crowed and waved.

She tapped her foot under the table, she was nervous for her turn but....she didn't know why at all! Wasn't like it was battle or anything then again such a social setting for her was a bit overwhelming

She watched three auctions go by probably refilled her drink maaaaaaybe 4 times? She needed to stop a bit she felt her cheeks getting warm...yeah a different drink was in order

Finally a auction came up she could bet on but what! She wasnt sure what she could bet...she had a few thousand credits from working and a good set of skills....

I'll put forth 3000 credits and free repair of 5 ships of any size!

[member="Quoron Viszla"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] [member="Eddak Manod"]

The best way to keep the man guessing was to pretend she held a great interest in the remaining auction lots. While Baiko was glad to put forth money for Mandalore, and it did her heart well to see people outside Mandalore attempting to help, watching Gray squirm was half the fun. Such an infuriatingly smug and kind man deserved to squirm a bit.

“Another few positive impressions and I may even hold your hand in public… without merely leading you where you need to go.” Baiko cajoled, clapping at the end of Lot C. “Wonderful! Fantastic, Yasha will love this, Gray. Simply love it.”

[member="Charlie"] got her congratulations and Baiko finished her first glass of brandy. "Well done, dear! Thank you on behalf of Mandalore." Bowing her head, Baiko waited for the girl to get her well deserved food. She put her fingers on [member="Gray Raxis"]' wrist and leaned her lips close to his ear.

"Our adopted children, Gray. They must have taken what you said to such heart, they've started a little family of their own. You're going to be a grandfather. Yasha and Kaden are expecting." Baiko whispered. "It seems I won't get to leave Mandalore after all, and you my friend, are stuck with me. I'll be dead before I miss the chance to help my son and your daughter with their firstborn."

The next lot was a Mandalorian Baiko was familiar with. She clapped for [member="Quoron Viszla"] and gave a warm smile. "The sword he made Yasha is absolutely splendid, whoever gets his lot is lucky indeed."

[member="Amanda Kryze "]got into the bidding, and Baiko smiled. Yes, this whole event was perfect for getting Mandalore back on track.

Growth. What Mandalore and the Empire needed was more good news and relief from the wars and pains. As Baiko sat beside the man who risked is very life to comfort two young Mandalorians, she took his hand under the table, out of sight. It felt good to see something positive strike back against the unhealthy throng.

Talon Vosra

T
The woman stood as if she was being applauded by the crowd and quirked up one side of her mouth in the suggestion of a smile. Of course she had won. The Mandalorian, or what passed for one to these people, had simply stated the obvious.

She took a plate of food from a passing waiter with one cream skinned hand and lifted one side of her dress skirts with the other and walked gracefully toward the young lady. Her hand left her skirts to fall into place and sat the plate down for the girl then placed a hand on her shoulder for a brief moment before patting her kindly.

"Have as much as you like, Charlie." She said with equal kindness as she took a seat at the table and properly crossed her legs. "If you like we can take you shopping after and get you away from these...less savory men who thought to purchase a young lady's attentions."

Cecile plucked a glass of wine from another serving tray and tried to give the air of relaxation while the girl ate in peace.

[member="Charlie"]

As Baiko first started to tell Gray what she meant, he was ready to hear something. He was not ready though for what he did end up hearing. Yasha and Kaden were expecting? He was going to be a grandpa? Needless to say he was dumbstruck. That couldn't be right. He was too young to be a grandpa...but they weren't too young to have kids. This was happening. It was real. He didn't know what to say and just sat there frozen. [member="Baiko no Kaho"] had broken him. She had broken the auction host with some simple news. May all of Mandalore's enemies fear her.

The auctioneer was a little disappointed after how gigantic the last lot was, but he knew you couldn't trap hyperspace in a bottle twice. He cleared his throat then said, " Thank you [member="Quoron Viszla"] for your participation. This concludes Lot D with it going to the young woman right there.... Oh and she is our next lot. Mr. Viszla if you would be so kind to exit the stage and Ms. [member="Amanda Kryze "]if you would come up on stage and tell everyone a bit about yourself. After we can begin. Getting close to the end of the auction everyone! Remember that donations can be given at any time and you might want to look at bidding soon if you wanted to walk out of here with a winning bid!" He stepped back to let people move about the stage. The evening was already going fantastically and was sure to be a boon for his resume.

The announcement got Gray back to some sense of self again. He smoothed out his suit a bit then turned towards Baiko. " So a grandpa then. That is sooner than I expected but it is great news. Sorry about all of that. I'm overjoyed it just caught me completely off-guard." He was happy. Very happy in fact. It was just taking a bit longer than he thought it would for the whole idea to sink in. The Manda sure was giving him some curve balls here lately with a new daughter and son-in-law and now this. What was next, Baiko was going to tell him she was with child? He smiled to her and said, " So how does it feel to be a soon-to-be sexy grandma?"

=Current total of bids=
-623,000 credits
-8 BDS generators
-4 TELAS systems
-4 TEA systems
-1 terraform processor
-2 fueling stations
-2 medical frigates
-3 fuel haulers
-2 shipyards
-1 personal favor by [member="Cecile Miraxus"]
-5 ship repairs by Amanda Kryze

-1 bantha
-1 mobile construction vehicle
-1 artifact sword

[member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] [member="Eddak Manod"] [member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Adora Namadi"] [member="Ra'a'mah"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Nolan Kitari"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Charlie"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Virak Ip"]

She won! Sweet! Now then she had another issue and that was well she was next. She gulped as she took a breath and stood walking into the stage as she calmed her nerves a bit before coming to the center as she looked around then spoke

hello folks! As he said I am Amanda of clan Kryze! I uh don't do much however! I'm good at repairing items and such I can repair many many different ships and put one together from scratch! Anyhow I look forward to your bets!

He left the stage a little too quickly to maintain the cool and collected air he was trying to maintain. Maybe he would put up a bid. Or maybe he would sample the libations. All he knew was that he was glad to be off the stage.

She moves like she don't care
So she did not win the auction. That was fine with Mariya. At the very least, she had made her intention known to [member="Charlie"] to hire her. Speaking of Charlie, the blonde saw her being engaged in a conversation with [member="Cecile Miraxus"] who had won the right to do so. Mariya decided to interrupt their conversation for a moment, walking up to them at the table and sat down. "Hi there, congratulations for winning the auction," she acknowledged Cecile first, nodding her head with a smile. "I'll just like to talk to Charlie for a moment."

She turned her attention to the other person who was still eating. What an appetite.

"Hey Charlie. Please, carry on with your food. My offer still stands. Here's my name card," she took out a holo card and placed it on the table, which stated her company's head office on Kiribi and her holo mail address. "If you are interested, just drop me a message when you feel like it. Thanks."

Mariya then excused herself from the table as promised, giving the two of them their privacy.

She was right, doing that would look terrible. He was too used to being single.

“You’re right Kay, sometimes I forget that not all things apply to you.” He whispered.

The next auctioned off date was the lady in the black he had seen earlier. She seemed slightly nervous. Not surprising, some people just weren’t meant for the spotlight.

Nolan raised his hand slowly and casually. He kicked up his feet and leaned his chair back.

“Yea I’ll start the bid with 20,000 credits.” He said loudly but non-chalantly. It was nothing for him, his first professional race in Podracing he won 5 times that much. He lowered his hand to pick up an item and then tossed it onto the table. The Holo-pad clattered for a second before stopping. ”Also if the Mandolorian people and government approve, I have blueprints here for a new Pod-racing arena that is guaranteed to revitalize the tourism industry on Mandalore. The first 5 years of the stadium expenses including construction will be paid by me and the Major League Pod-racing organization.” The Holopad turned on and there was a nice but not too fancy stadium being displayed, rotating 360 degrees so that everyone could see it at every angle.

The estimated cost of this could be considered countless, depending how popular it becomes. It makes sense for Podracing to move to Mandalore. There’s not too much Pod-racing in the core worlds, so exposing the populace to it has the potential to draw thousands of new fans from Mandalore. A risk Major League Pod-racing was willing to take.

[member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Lady Kay"] @Amanda Kryze

[SIZE=10pt]Charlie continued to stand on stage as things for her lot finished up. Everyone was seemingly proud of her for some reason. Mandos were weird and she walked off the stage. Grey stopped her and mentioned something about a job offer. The young Padawan blinked and looked towards the woman that had offered a million credits worth of food. Charlie pondered about it and then shrugged. There was really never intention of her doing anything other than what she was doing now. Though, it was always nice to have options right? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Cecile was elegant. It reminded her of Jyoti, except the Jedi was less regal looking. They both seemed to be of Echani decent so it was possible that most Echani had that elegance and grace about the way they hold themselves. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Of course her attention wasn't held by the Echani for long. The plate of food found its place in front of her and she happily gazed upon its beauty. Slowly she looked for a seat and frowned seeing that most were taken up by the other guests of the auction. It didn’t matter much, she had her plate of food and some woman who was willing to give her it. As she began to devour the food, another woman, the one that had offered a million credits worth of food wandered up to her. She spoke kindly to the young padawan in which caused Charlie to give her most of her attention. A card was offered and Charlie took it, she examined in and moved it back and forth in her hands. She read it quickly seeing a name she recognized. “Kiribi! That’s where I live now with my Master... Oh I’ll have to visit.” She sniffed the business card and then shoved it into her back pocket. Nodding, Charlie flashed a smile to the woman. “Thank you for trying to win a date with me.” Whatever date meant anyways, she was still thankful. It was interesting how many people wanted to do this date thing with her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Seeing that she was back to being alone with the woman that had won, she glanced over and flashed another smile. What was she supposed to do? At least there was food around and she could just sit there and eat. Her comm buzzed in her pocket and Charlie knew the only person who would message her was someone of great importance. Slurping up a noodle, she paused and took the comm from her pocket. It was a message from Jyoti! Musing over what it could be, she blinked and shrugged. Looking over at the Echani woman once more, Charlie waved her comm device. “I need to call Master Nooran, sorry for interrupting our date.” Dialing quickly, she connected with the Master over the call. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]‘Master! How are you? You wanted me to call you?’ [/SIZE]

[member="Mariya Fleischer"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Cecile Miraxus"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay breathed a sigh of relief as [member="Nolan Kitari"] seemed to have understood. A married woman going on a date? She didn't need such a scandal. Veiere would have their head. And given that he has gone quite dark, it wouldn't surprise her if he acted upon such a threat. And the last thing that she needed was lose his trust.

She watched as the rest of the auction went underway. Nolan put in a bid and a good one. Kay would have to keep track of it all as she had promised to match the offers that won their bids.

Her eyes fell to [member="Gray Raxis"] and [member="Baiko no Kaho"] for a moment. Were the two in love? It was hard for her to say as she was oblivious to that sometimes. She didn't notice for some time that Veiere was attracted to her. He hid it well until the moment that he kissed her during a spar. Their lives intertwined even further from there. But now he was away, living elsewhere and training others. And causing trouble for himself.

Kay shook her head a little, drawing herself back to the present and where she was. The auction. Right. She sat back and watched quietly. The lots were nearly finished. It'll be over soon.

Darben Skirae led [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"]. "So, I heard you...got into some bad business. I see you did all right, however." Admittedly he had been quite worried about her when it had happened. To see she had made it out alive was a relief, most of all. "I myself have been fine. Mostly trade negotiations...Renla is getting better..." He paused, having realized something. "You never met Renla, did you?" He did recall that she and his bodyguard had not been around when he brought Aes'ona around.

He drifted out for a moment as he went to look at the auction happening. It was going by quite quickly, faster then he thought it would at first. He had briefly recalled hearing the voice of Darlyn's adopted daughter, but didn't see her anywhere. Perhaps for the best, since Darben wasn't too fond of her pranks. "What about you? After the...thing. You made it out all right...right?"

Gray felt the auction was going well, but the news he had gotten from [member="Baiko no Kaho"] was by far the best thing that happened all evening. He didn't really care about how the current lot was going as he was completely focused on the woman sitting next to him. Someone needed to know about this news. He needed to tell [member="Lady Kay"] all about it the first chance he got. It needed to happen tonight. He looked around for her then when he spotted her he kept motioning for her to come over to his table. It was frantic and might give the impression of an emergency that she needed to hear about.

The auctioneer was pleased to see another bid in the five digits. His career had to be set by now. He approached the mic with a big grin on his face. " Bidding for Lot E is over. The winner is [member="Nolan Kitari"] . Thank you @Amanda Kryze and if you would please leave the stage." The event was nearly over now. He felt like he had barely done anything but clearly that was just him being modest. No the success of the night was all on him. He looked at the list then approached the mic again. " Now then it is onto Lot F the mystery lot! Who could it be?" A few spotlights began to roam around the room as a drum roll played. " Would Ms. [member="Adora Namadi"] please come up onto the stage?!" The lights settled onto a pink haired young woman out in the crowd.

=Current total of bids=
-643,000 credits
-8 BDS generators
-4 TELAS systems
-4 TEA systems
-1 terraform processor
-2 fuel stations
-2 medical frigates
-3 fuel haulers
-2 shipyards
-1 personal favor by [member="Cecile Miraxus"]
-5 ship repairs by Amanda Kryze
-1 pod-racing arena fully paid for by Nolan Kitari

-1 bantha
-1 mobile construction vehicle
-1 ancient sword

[member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Charlie"] [member="Mariya Fleischer"] [member="Quoron Viszla"] [member="Eddak Manod"] [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] [member="Ra'a'mah"] [member="Virak Ip"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Darlyn Excron"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Well that waving certainly caught her attention. But with [member="Gray Raxis"] having eyes that were covered, she wasn't quite sure if he was trying to flag her down. It looked like he was....Possibly.

The frantic waving continued, looking more comical than anything else. Kay looked over to [member="Nolan Kitari"] as he was the latest winner. "Congratulations. Looks like you'll be the celebrity getting photos taken tonight. Now if you'll excuse me...Someone seems a bit desperate to talk to me. Hopefully nothing is wrong."

She got to her feet and headed over to Gray's table, bowing her head in greeting to [member="Baiko no Kaho"] , yet her eyes quickly returned to Gray. "What is it? Is there something wrong? The auction seems to be going well..." Oh he better not be trying to get her up on stage to be bid on. She would quickly refuse if he did.

Success!

Baiko turned the man speechless. [member="Gray Raxis"] seemed to fall all over himself, shocked into so much silence he barely paid attention at all. While Gray was lost in the news, as concerned and joyous as Baiko felt.

“Foolish children, really. Caught in their affection, but what can we do but love them and their child?” She smacked Gray’s arm lightly, “Oh! You, sexy grandma... I have already had the pleasure of being a grandmother, before... well, before my daughter and her son died. It will feel good to have an infant to hold again, and a daughter to pamper. Sexy grandma... in public! Honestly. Make a woman blush... oh [member="Lady Kay"] is coming, behave yourself.”

Baiko chuckled, knowing full well Gray and ‘behaving himself’ were misnomers. As Lady Kay came to the table, Baiko stood and bowed in the Atrisian fashion, offering her hand.

“A pleasure to meet your majesty. How may I be of service?” Looking to Gray, Baiko tightened her lips. “Oh, are we to share our news to the hills, my dear? I suppose so. Shall you tell her our new joy?”

Talon Vosra

T
She watched calmly as the young woman dub into her food and covered a smile briefly until she could compose herself. She was nearly as socially inept as the people who needed to turn to the age old "sex sells" mindset to fix the planet that they're own incompetence had ruined. However, on her it was endearing rather than infuriating.

She sipped her wine with feigned interest in the other "lots" though to call them interesting was a stretch. The woman lofted a pale brow as [member="Mariya Fleischer"] approached and gave a polite smile in response to her congratulations. As if she had done something worthy of congratulating.

"Kind words." She said as she lifted the wine glass to her lips. The glass wasn't crystal, but at least it wasn't plastic as she expected.

She sat and listened to the brief exchange. The insistent blond woman all but begging for attention while the young lady practically exploded with personal information. Kiribi was home. She had a Master whom she lived with. All, she needed was a name and she could find the girl and her master from anywhere.

The girl looked at her and smiled, so Cecile smiled back. [member="Charlie"] was an adorable if awkward girl and Cecile had to smile again at her innocent open manner. A lovely girl really.

"Of course, call Master Nooran." She said noting that she now had both names and if she had been nursing bad intentions there would be little either could do to avoid her for long. "We wouldn't want her to worry."

She sat back and picked a grape, not peeled sadly, and bit it in half. Such a nice girl and unassuming. Maybe she would keep her.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Kaine Australis said:
It had been some time since Kaine had walked the planet of Commenor. Certainly things here seemed to have changed for the better, if this charity auction he'd seen on the HoloNet was any indication. Gathering a few loyal and trusted vode, he'd booked passage to Commenor to see what could be done. Most of the Clan accounts and holdings were long gone, but they still had some of their assets squirreled away that had gone untouched.

*Kaine and his four vode made their way into the Embassy and found seats at a table lined with various bottles of alcohol. Purloining several, the buckets came off, and the five began a lively round of drinking games. Kaine participated only perfunctorily, scanning the room, following the speeches, and making mental notes on what he saw. There was a lot to take in.*

Well, let's see how this goes. Kaine said to no one in particular, continuing to watch the proceedings, and the growing crowd, with interest.
Caz brushed a strand of hair behind her ear as she scanned the room for her husband. She knew he'd be where the alcohol flowed freely. She spotted him at a table... well she actually heard his boisterous laughter first. Drinking games were his favorite. She shook her head and started to him. She stopped behind him and stooped down next to his ear.

Fancy meeting you here, Mr. Australis. Wanna buy a girl a drink?

She knew better than to chastize him for his drinking habits. He was a good hearted man... but he had his vices. And she loved him anyway.

She slid into the empty seat next to him.

I'm going to enjoy spending your money tonight, love.... and for such a good cause.

She leaned over and planted a kiss on his cheek and smiled.

Now, about that drink?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom