Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My All for the Children (Charity Auction)

Clan Raxis Embassy, Commenor
Mandalore mourns her children. Gray had experienced the suffering that the devastation of Mandalore had on her people. Efforts had been made to fix it and even more was being done. Raxis Independent Designs had made new products for helping to restore the planet and was actively working with other Mandalorian companies towards that goal. But while there was hope for the long term there was pressing matters in the present. People starved without the ability to grow food and clean water was rapidly becoming harder to find. This had pushed people to raiding which in turn caused suffering for others as well. It was something that needed to be addressed, and so Gray was moving to fix today's problem they could.

The solution that Gray came up with was to hold a charity auction to raise funds. It could not be held on Mandalore for various reasons so instead he chose Commenor. It was a neutral location for most of the galaxy and he had a more personal reason. [member="Lady Kay"] was family. She agreed to let it take place at the Clan Raxis Embassy in the capital, and so everything was finally set. All he had to do was organize the event itself.
=====================​
The Embassy hall looked like the ball room of a royal palace. Tables with silk table clothes colored dark blue or gray in a checkerboard pattern lined the floor. Silverware and plates made from real silver sat in front of every chair. Servers carried trays with glasses of rich wine and bubbling champagne walked around looking for thirsty guests. Vibrant music played from a live band and a section of the floor was clear for people to dance together at. It was Commenor refinement, but the Mandalorian influence could not be lost. Dark blue and gray banners hung with the Raxis wolf on them from the ceiling along with Mandalorian Empire and Commenor System Alliance banners. Mandalorian guards were posted around the room in places that kept them out of people's way but allowed ease of action in case of trouble. Some of these protectors wore the Raxis armor dyed in the same color as the table clothes and banners. The rest hailed from other clans. It might be a refined place but it was clear it was also not a place to start up trouble.

Gray walked up to the main stage. He was not wearing his armor tonight instead having a stylish suit. It was all in the same colors as his clansmen's armor was. A gray scarf covered in Mandalorian symbols was across his eyes. He gave a friendly smile as he faced the gathered crowd. He spoke into the mic, " Thank you all for coming. It means a lot that you showed up to help out Mandalore in her time of need. My name is Gray Raxis and I know that my people are not known for this sort of thing, so again I thank you. As a Mandalorian I will do anything for my homeworld and tonight that means being your host for this charity auction. A list of all the lots are in front of you, but let me explain the event. Each lot is the name of a person who has volunteered for one reason or another to be bid on. Whoever wins gets to enjoy an evening of dinner and dance. It, as well as this event, will be fully paid for by myself and Clan Raxis. We will begin the auction soon so until then please everyone get one last dance in, grab some food from the buffet, and drink another glass. If anyone feels like making a donation separate from the auction please do not hesitate at any time. Enjoy yourselves and let's have a good auction to help feed the starving children of Mandalore!"

Gray walked off the stage and headed for the main floor. It was hard to say how these things were going to go. It could end with a lot of donations or with hardly any. All he wanted was for enough to provide more for the people that needed it most. He went over to his table near the entrance to the stage and sat down. He had a bottle of brandy waiting for him. His mother's favorite drink and something more in line with the other drinks than scotch or whiskey would be. He poured himself a glass and took a long drink. Things were about to begin soon.
=====================​
Lots​
A: Gray Raxis
B: [member="Baiko no Kaho"]
C: [member="Charlie"]
D: [member="Quoron"]
E: [member="Amanda Kryze"]
F: Mystery Lot

====================​
OOC: Anyone is welcome to join, but I do ask that you be respectful. Have fun though everyone and try to get that date you want!

[member="Kaden Mantis"] [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Ra'a'mah"] [member="Adora Namadi"]

Oh manda....why was she doing this?! She wasn't exactly a social person at all preferred to work on stuff then be put in a crowd...unless of course she was working that was different. But here she was walking into the embassy with a nice black dress on. This sort of thing really was just to help her home out and that's why she was here...besides despite not being social this might just help her

She glanced around the area as she smiled taking a wine as she held it and took a sip with a smile finding a table and setting her drink down and started for the buffet...moght as well eat before having to show herself off...or maybe she should wait? No because then she'll be hungry. Grabbing a plate of food she went back to her table and sat down to eat listening to that music as it occurred to her...this is her first time on commenor.....maybe after this she would look the capital over enjoy the scenery

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Eddak had walked in with a can of Moogan tea, and a heavy suitcase. He had been alerted early on by those in CSA that this event would be happening. Eddak was not the most well known for being charitable, however he was supportive of independence, and it seemed Mandalore needed some help. Eddak had found a nice table, not too far from the stage, and not too close to the door. He raised his drink to Raxis as he walked off the stage out of respect and as a cheers sort of motion. Eddak didn't know much of Mandalore, he wasn't familiar with it at all. With the incident with GDI wouldn't be spending any funds from it, but he had his personal coffers, and a lot he had access to in Galderra Royal Treasury. There were a few options he had to help out here, and some instant, physical items. He stayed seated, however, not getting up or dancing. He wasn't a dancer, but that didn't stop him from enjoying himself.

Even as lead of a merchant fleet, news of various hardships reached the ears of Ra'a'mah. The calls for aid, supplies and possible donations. There was news of the auction and in one of her less well planned thoughts, Ra reached out to Stardust. After their last meeting, she knew her friend and sister needed to get out and socialize again. This auction would be a start.

Arriving at her home, she didn't take no for an answer and practically dragged Stardust to Commenor kicking and screaming. On the way there, Ra calmly explained what was going on and why they were going.

Even if her friend knew she could use the Force, nobody else did, so she kept that buried. No trace of her ability or alignment could be seen or felt. having spoken with her in the past about why she did this, Stardust would understand and not reveal her secret.

[member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Eddak Manod"] @Amanda Kryze [member="Gray Raxis"]

Nolan Kitari was brand new to the political side of things, but charities, charities was something he knew well and as the new Minister of Public Relations, nothing yelled good PR than showing up to an event to help the children in need. As he walked towards the entrance of the Clan Raxis Embassy, after arriving there in a limo, he was bombarded by reporters all wanting to get a scoop. They all called his name and the lights of cameras flashed as he walked closer to the entrance, ignoring them just long enough to get nice and close to the entrance, just in case he had to leave quickly.

Nolan pointed at one reporter. “You first.”

The reporter quickly stepped in front of the crowd. “Hi, Claudia Gambrod with the Commenor System News Network. Mr. Kitari, how is it that you went from Podracing to politics in a matter of a year?”

The number one rule of doing interviews at a charity event is to keep it focused on the charity. If not, that makes you seem self-centered, and as the Minister of Public Relations that is exactly why he was brought in. Due to his inside knowledge of these things.

“I’m only here for questions for the event at hand thank you. How about you?” He said pointing to another reporter at hand.

“Hello, I’m Rob Flagtro, Holonet news, we met once before during a post-race interview.” He insisted.

“Ah yes, Mr. Flagtro how can I help you.” He smiled. The truth was he couldn’t even name any of the reporters he had met.

“Mr. Kitari, do you have any plans for the auction?” The reporter implied.

“Look, Rob, it’s not my place to say, but I certainly have my eye on one of the lots.” He said with a wink. “But in all, seriousness I just want to help the poor children of Mandalore. I intend on doing this by donating 100,000 credits to the cause regardless of whether I win or lose the auction.” Nolan said truthfully.

Nolan was different than many podracers. While many Podracer’s went on to have lavish lifestyles, Nolan tried to remain as humble as his origins, always reminding himself of how he first started racing right here on his home planet.

He added the first comment about having his eyes on somebody for the tabloids, because if there was ever a good thing to put in a karking celebrity magazine it would be this charity auction. In fact he planned to win one of the lots just so he could put more press onto the event and what it truly meant to him. “Alright everyone that was my last one, thank you!” Nolan said as he walked inside.

He sat down at one of the tables next to a woman wearing a black dress. A black dress can signify a lot of things as a celebrity, but seeing as this is mostly a political event, this probably wasn’t the case. The woman in the black dress was visibly nervous as she drank her wine and ate her food.

“‘Scuse me Miss, I mean no offense, but you must be the most nervous person I’ve ever sat next to at a charity event for helping kids.” He knew how stressful these events can be. So he decided he would try to ease her up, it’s the least he could do.

“My name is Nolan Kitari, current Minister of Public Relations for the CSA. But most people call me “The Wing”, it’s my nick name from back when I was Podracing.” He said with a friendly smile as he extended his hand for a handshake.

@Amanda Kryze

[SIZE=10pt]Adventures of a padawan were usually watched over and approved by their Masters. This one was not as far as Charlie could fathom. The charity was something she thought would be a delightful surprise, she had messed up a few times already and disappointing her Master was never something Charlie wanted to do. So, in the good spirit of the Jedi, Charlie quickly volunteered to be auctioned off. She didn’t really understand the concept of the whole thing and the guy in charge had mentioned there would be food – so who could it hurt.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]It was for a noble cause anyways. As everything was getting in order, Charlie wandered the tables of food. She gathered a bit of everything ranging from tacos, to pasta, lasagna and pies. Each and everything was devoured on site. The people in charge of making those that were being auctioned off look delightful came around the corner and spotted the bottomless pit padawan. “Hey! Come on this thing is starting.” Charlie nodded and shoved a final piece of pie into her mouth. The women wiped the girl’s face and they were off to the races. [/SIZE]
carly-emotion.gif

[SIZE=10pt]Hair and makeup transformed the little gremlin into something exquisite. Sitting there Charlie looked at herself in the mirror and blinked. She had never seen herself this way and she wished that she had paid a bit more attention to what they did. Though shrugging it off she figured again it was for charity. People came and took some holo photos and Charlie did her best to look cute just like she had seen in some holoflicks. Once it was all over, she made sure to check in with Master [member="Jyoti Nooran"], there was no reason to worry the woman.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A tray passed by with a flute glass filled with a faded yellow bubbly liquid. The woman handing out the beverage asked Charlie quickly, “You old enough.” Not knowing what she meant, Charlie nodded and then took a glass. Smelling it, she looked at the bubbles popping in the glass and then quickly downed the entire flute. The champagne washed down her throat giving her a slightly sweet yet dry taste in her mouth. Shrugging, she grabbed another and downed it, then as the woman walked away she grabbed a third and this time sipped it. Since the woman was gone there was no reason to force this one down the hatch. “This stuff is pretty good, best Padawan mission ever!” [/SIZE]

[member="Nolan Kitari"] [member="Ra'a'mah"] [member="Eddak Manod"] [member="Amanda Kryze"] [member="Gray Raxis"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
It had been a while since Kay had been to an auction. Most of the times she had done the bidding. One time she was put up for a date and that didn't go well at all. The winner of the date had ended up trying to kill her. She couldn't have that happen this time.

She stood off to the side of the stage as [member="Gray Raxis"] gave his speech, wearing a gown to showcase her station and the Commenori colours. Like those of Clan Raxis, they too were grey and blue, however Commenori blue was lighter in colour. Despite Kay wanting to set herself apart from her adopted Clan, there were little things about it that she had held onto.

Once Gray finished, she took to the stage and smiled to the guests assembled. "Welcome to Commenor, honoured guests. I am Lady Kay, High Queen of the Commenor Systems Alliance. It is a privilege to help in such a cause. And to help with the charity effort, I am pleased to announce that my government will match the total raised tonight and donate it for the children of Mandalore. They are the future. All children are. And it is our duty to look after them and show them that they are loved. So please enjoy yourselves and thank you for all of your contributions."

She bowed her head to them and then left the stage, making her way over to where [member="Nolan Kitari"] sat and took a seat herself. "Evening Minister, Kitari." Kay bowed her head to the woman seated next to him.

Darben Skirae for once, for perhaps the first time in his life even he had worn a suit. Why? Because he felt to be more professional at such an event like this. "How does this look?" he asked, turning about before the mirror. Mia had to roll her eyes at him. "Darben, you look fine...professional as ever. Although it does seem a bit tight...just like how you are uptight" she laughed lightly at her own little joke, and he scowled at her. The minister fixed up his red tie, and then he was as ready as he could be. "Once I get there, get right back to Renla. Got it?" She nodded, smiling lightly. Renla had grown fond of their bodyguard, and Darben...well, she was okay he guessed. Still took getting used to though. Currently, Renla was asleep.

He went out of his store to where a speeder waited. Mia went around into the driver's seat, and then sped away. While inside, Darben kept on playing with his tie, and it annoyed Mia greatly until they arrived, to the Embassy where the auction was held. "All Minister, here we are. Now get out, before I strangle you with that tie. Seriously, you look fine." He could very well tell how annoyed she was by it, so he hopped out and then went inside.

As he arrived, he arrived just in time to hear [member="Lady Kay"]'s speech. He stood there for a moment to listen then took a seat himself, somewhat toward the back away from the stage. He was not usually one to be so close to the front in an event.

[member="Gray Raxis"] @Charlie @Nolan Kitari @Ra'a'mah @Eddak Manod

She moves like she don't care
A charity ball.

There seemed to be a recent influx of such fancy events. The last one she attended was held not too long ago by the Collective on Arkania. Now, once again she might have to wear another dress. She thought for a moment, deciding to go in a suit instead. She had bought it from the black market and had meant to wear it for business functions, so she figured tonight was a good time to try it out. A concealed pistol remained hidden in the suit's pockets, just in case anyone came in to stir trouble.

Afterall the queen was here and she had the unofficial job of protecting her. Until her cantina business was set up in Commenor, she needed Kay to remain alive. She tagged along behind [member="Lady Kay"] and took a seat next to the queen, nodding her head at the other guests in the same table whom she did not recognise.

"Evening to all."

She waved her hand at a passing waiter, looking longingly at the glasses of wine and asked if the wines were from Alderaan. The waiter had no idea so she decided to pass. Her own wines were usually miles better. She grabbed a cup of stimcaf instead, a habit that she had been keeping for a while.

Mariya had no idea if she was going to bid for anyone, even though her company had the cash. The whole auction seemed a little far fetched to her so far. The only advantage she could see was to establish some business networking, but even that would not require her to spend a single credit. All she needed to do was to talk to people. And so far, it appeared only [member="Eddak Manod"] and [member="Gray Raxis"] had their own companies.

☤ Golden Heart, Cold Hands ☤
Aes'ona was listening quietly, both to [member="Gray Raxis"]'s and then [member="Lady Kay"]'s speeches, half-hidden in the shadows near a pillar she though was inconspicuous. So far, she had avoided the alcoholic drinks by absently picking and nibbling at a dinner roll on her plate. For the first time in her life, or for as far back as she remembered, she was craving a drink. Her still-frayed nerves were to blame for the sudden, uncharacteristic yearning, no doubt.

She had come back to Commenor by suggestion of holomail-correspondent [member="Darben Skirae"], though she had not told him that she was returning. The rationale was possibly, and probably, that she did not want him to see her...like this, especially after their last, positive interaction. The doctor's current mentality stopped just short of posttraumatic stress--she had asked for a basic assessment from Doctor Calore back on the station--but it still was not exactly pretty. And she was not raring to go sharing.

The plan had been to revisit the beach Darbin had shown her, so she had arrived back into the spaceport with nothing quite as formal as she was used to, which was well-enough she supposed. After all, the plan had been to get away from work, including the ever-professional wardrobe. Still, some habits died hard, and precedent had forced Aes'ona to scrounge up something that might have been business causal. And she had wanted to look like she was taking this seriously, too, for she was. Her guilt made her, just as it had driven her to this event in the first place.

Baiko had yet to maintain a strong opinion on whether [member="Gray Raxis"] was insane, or eccentric enough to think a romantic auction would bring Mandalorians to Commenor. On the surface, Baiko remembered the snickers of others when the auction came up in conversation. On the other hand, it gave Mand'alor the Hell Wolf [member="Yasha Mantis"] and her new husband [member="Kaden Mantis"] the chance to have their palace apartment to themselves, without their 'nanny' getting in the way.

Baiko had half a mind that she'd been set up.

Still, if this was to help rebuild Manda'yaim, then the Atrisian refugee would put her part in. That, and somehow, her name ended up on the date registry.

How insurmountably awkward. Draped in a white gown and a fur stole, the Kiffar-Echani drifted through the crowd careful to avoid wayward touch. She chose her couture for specific reasons, one more dominant than the other... Gray Raxis' hands. Was it not good etiquette for a Lady to attempt to cater to one's disabilities? If the man was blind, and he touched her arm or elbow, well, fur was a much more pleasant sensation than many other choices Baiko possessed.

Perhaps time cooped up on Mandalore had dimmed Baiko's opportune senses, but the idea of dressing for texture met with a general nod from her inner critic and so there she was, sipping blossom wine and watching the speakers. [member="Lady Kay"] was new to her, yet the Atrisian noted a certain dignity which, if successful tonight, would include some form of conversation with the High Queen.

Delightful that she was no longer alone in etiquette and poise.

"Alor Raxis, a fetching suit for a fetching price, eh?" Baiko waited until Gray was free to slip into the chair beside his, touching his elbow only briefly to allow the blind man to know where she was. "Yasha sends you a message." Baiko whispered.

Producing a note with the bumps and whorls of dictation for the blind, Baiko handed it to Gray.

'Dear Gray-Buir.

Please win Baiko's date. You might be blind but I'm not.

Love,
Your New Daughter,
Yash'ika.'

"What does it say? Nothing damaging I hope?" Baiko couldn't help a lilt of amusement as she scanned the crowd. "Plenty of people from the Commenor Systems Alliance... Is this the High Queen's way of opening diplomatic relations?"

Shia had every idea why she was here - not to sell herself, that was... no, just, no. She'd not reached that desperate in her love life yet, although it was pretty close some days.

No, she was here because Mandalore needed to reintegrated, and Gray Raxis knew damn well the galactic good and the rich would turn up to anything that had charity ball written on it, even something so eccentric as... this.

And among her myriad of duties was making sure that Mandalore put on a good face, so for once this evening she'd passed on beskar'gam or her usual styles and reached back into her blood-cultures history and worn a Rattataki warriors-gown, complete with the cut-aways and stupid impractical armour that demonstrated she was more than hard enough to take on every other warrior in the room even dressed like this. To be honest, she felt pretty damn good about that part, at least. The Rattataki had a lot of good ideas, if they'd just embrace a few others...

Oh, and also - somewhere across the galaxy hardcore 'Mandalore is WAR' Mandalorians were grinding their teeth into dust. That alone was worth the price of admission. Kryze would of course make a charitable donation, and she'd save Amanda from anything too disasterous - as her alor, that was sort of her job.

She stalked through the crowd, feeling less ridiculous than she thought she would have as she exchanged what passed for pleasantries.

@Ra'a'mah

Why...why the in the force did she let herself be dragged here by ra...quite literally dragged into the ship from her house all the way to here. She sat grumbling a bit in the speeder a wonderful red dress on she managed to by on the planet as she didn't get time to pick one out at all!

of all the things ra....you chose to do this...

She said and looked over as she took a breath in then out to relax herself, maybe it was for the best she was forced to go out and socialize...she just didn't know how she felt about going to...this one. Considering it was put on by [member="Gray Raxis"] her now ex husband, ra really must have something planned....or maybe she didn't and this was just so star could actually be social on her own?

Her thoughts came to a end, they arrived at the embassy and departed. She could already here the music from here as well as the air of conversations drifting out from the place. She looked to ra then forward as she took a breath and started into the embassy with a confident stride in her step as the doors were opened revealing the inside that looked oh so amazing...

She spotted [member="Lady Kay"] and waved to her before she looked around a bit nervous before spotting [member="Darben Skirae"] and made her way over to him as she hadn't heard about renla in so long

Hey darben! How are you!

She put on her best smile and cheerful self...she couldn't bring anyone else down with her...

Public interaction was, if he was to be brutally honest with himself, on the list of things that Virak Ip did not do well with or feel comfortable doing. It was not just due to the fact that he was a more combat focused individual but also due to the fact that he regarded the majority of the populous of the galaxy as nothing more than weak-minded sheep and fools, people he sneered down at with a mix of pity and disgust. It was an opinion that he knew was not widely accepted by Lady Kay and the majority of the higher ups within the Commenor System Alliance, and as such often kept such thoughts to himself, but, they were his opinions nonetheless. The way he saw the world, there were the strong - the unique few who managed to cast of the shackles of ignorance and normality through strength of mind, body of will - and those that were weak - the rest of the galaxy who were sentenced to a false reality dictated and controlled by those in power, those that were strong. The galaxy was cruel and harsh in his eyes, the feint rays of beauty fleeting and imperfect.

Due to his personally held beliefs, interacting with those who had not earned his respect was nothing more than a chore and standing around at a gala with a mass of people he did not know who were more than likely apart of the weak majority was something that caused a snarl to curl at his lips. However, he had his duties as the Representative of Sev Tok to consider and, above that, his duty and loyalty to Kay to think about. That said, it was a challenge not to order for his transport to be turned around so that he could flee from the Clan Raxis Embassy and retreat into his own world to enjoy a book and some tea. It was not the threat of interacting, of hiding disdain behind a warm mask, that sparked this thought but, instead, the crowd of press he could see gathered outside of the Embassy.

Within his bleak and depressive view of the galaxy, media was probably the most powerful tool that those in power used to corral the weak so that they conformed to their dictated version of reality. The media was a hive of scum and opportunistic greed that always served to raise his hackles. Every time he was confronted with the press, it was a challenge not to descend into a rage born from his predator blood and inflamed by the Darkness that he carried upon his shoulders and simply tear the scum-sucking leeches apart limb by limb.

Plastering a false smile onto his face, taking pains to ensure that the sharp points of his teeth did not flash from behind his lips, Virak slid out of his transport with a sense of grace that seemed at odds with his large frame. Unfolding himself from the cramped confines, he stood taller than most of the gathered press and took a moment to brush down the outfit he was wearing, ensuring that not a fold was out of place. As was customary for him, his breastplate was fastened to his chest however the ragged, red cloak that he often wore with it had been done away with, replaced by a much more finer set of robes that fell around his form and that had the sigil of Sev Tok sewn onto the right breast. At his hip was a long, thin blade, securely fastened into a leather sheath that hung from his belt.

Passing through the gathered crowd with long, quick strides he ignored any questions shouted at him, keeping his silence until he was safely within the confines of the Embassy. Sighing slightly in relief and muttering a series of curses in Zabraki beneath his breath, he quickly unfastened and handed over the leather sheath, blade still in place, before heeding the directions offered and making haste towards where the gala was being held. Stepping into the hall to catch the tail end of Kay's speech, Virak gaze flickered around the room. His brows raised slightly at the sight of Ra'a'mah, someone he hadn't since since his previous life ended and his new one began, but other than that he had no reaction to the gathered people. He did make note, though, as he strode towards one side of the hall so as to lean back and take in the interactions of others, that while he was not the only one with a connection to the Force present he was the only one that held the mantel of Darkness around his shoulders as if it were a second cloak.

From his position of to one side, amber eyes flickered from face to face as he offered a small smile at the server that had offered him a drink, a sincere and gentle smile that looked almost out of place with his fierce and scarred features, along with muttered thanks. Many of the faces were known to him, either in his capacity as within the government or from his previous life, only a few of them being unknown to him. A small smirk pulled at his lips as he loosened the restraints on his Presence within the Force slightly, letting the Darkness of his soul seep out slightly, intrigued to see who would react and how. He had to find his amusement someway, after all, until the bidding started.

[member="Stardust Raxis"] | [member="Shia Kryze"] | [member="Baiko no Kaho"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] | [member="Mariya Fleischer"] | [member="Darben Skirae"] | [member="Charlie"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Nolan Kitari"] | @Ra'a'mah | [member="Eddak Manod"] | [member="Amanda Kryze "]| [member="Gray Raxis"]

The idea of a charity auction was certainly not something most Mandalorians would have ever thought of and it was definitely not something they would attend. But this was not suppose to attract Mandalorians. This was about gathering together people from other worlds and systems so that they could provide credits to help deal with an on going issue that too many of the same Mandalorians who were not here ignored. Gray wasn't about to ignore starvation and there was some ulterior motives for it as well. So far it seemed to be going well enough for one of those reasons.

With half of his original glass of brandy left, Gray heard [member="Baiko no Kaho"] speak to him. As always she made sure to give him a little tap of his body against her own. This time he felt fur. With a smile he turned his attention to her. " Thank you Baiko, but I imagine I am not a fraction as lovely as you are right now." He gave her knee a pat. " So what did my little wolf pup want me to know?" Feeling the paper, he read the message that was there. It was something he had been taught how to do, but so far had little reason to use it. Today seemed to be one of those rare days he did. Yasha seemed to want him to win Baiko's lot. A tempting idea. He folding the paper up and put it in his pocket. " Seems Yasha couldn't make it but wanted to wish us luck. This isn't very Mandalorian, but our people do what we must to provide and protect our own. Even if it means getting a little uncomfortable for two evenings around fancy folk."

Baiko had picked up on the more political nature of the event. Didn't surprise Gray one bit. " Kay will do anything to ensure peace and prosperity for her people. She is very Mandalorian in that way. It is why she is family and vod. I suggest the two of you get to know each other so you can find all of this out for yourself though. She happens to really enjoy her tea." His hand was still on her knee. Why didn't he remove it? No idea. He just gave it a gentle squeeze while he let that thought drift completely away. " Care for some brandy? I'm about to have to get up on stage and start this event." He picked up the bottle with his free hand and waited for her response.

Gray set the bottle down after a bit and then got to his feet. It was time. He got up onto the stage and faced everyone with that friendly smile. Taking the mic, he said, " Alright it is time to get this auction started. [member="Lady Kay"] if you would please be so kind as to come up on stage. As a special opening treat I would love for you to be the one auctioning off my lot. It is only for me too and a regular auctioneer will take over for the rest." He set the mic back and then took a few steps away. Now he just had to wait for her to get up onto the stage so that she could get the evening going. Hopefully she didn't refuse thinking it was some kind of trick.

OOC: For the sake of time each lot will only be open for 24 hours before the winner is declared and we move onto the next person. I know it is a little rushed but I don't think everyone wants to wait 2 weeks on this thread to maybe wrap up.
[member="Virak Ip"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] [member="Mariya Fleischer"] [member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Charlie"] [member="Nolan Kitari"] [member="Eddak Manod"] [member="Amanda Kryze "][member="Quoron"] [member="Adora Namadi"] [member="Ra'a'mah"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay wasn't drinking any of the Commenori brandy or other spirits offered. Instead she had her tea. [member="Nolan Kitari"] was a bit silent. Perhaps she had intruded on her new Minister while he flirted with the other lady at the table. Hmm.

Quitely she excused herself and headed off to one of the food tables, giving polite smiles to those that caught her eye. It was a good turn out so far, a wide range of people that she had guessed had never really taken part in such an auction before. She spotted [member="Stardust Raxis"] as she was pretty much dragged in. Kay returned her wave, though she questioned what was going on there.

But then [member="Gray Raxis"] took to the stage and asked her to join him. Oh boy. He wanted her to auction him off? She didn't know if she should feel honoured or scared. Kay set down her cup and put on a smile, knowing full well that eyes were all upon her as she took to the stage once more. "Are you sure that you can trust me with your fate?" Of course she was teasing, using light banter to help push her anxiety down. She took the mic from him and turned to face the audience, clearing her throat a bit before she started things off. "Well, ladies and gentlemen, for Lot A we have Gray Raxis. He's the head of Clan Raxis, a real family man and has a vast knowledge of his people and culture for you to pick his brain about. As an added bonus, he's also very witty. So...let's start the opening bid with...1000 credits?"

Now was the waiting period to see who would jump in first, if anyone.

[member="Virak Ip"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] [member="Mariya Fleischer"] [member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Charlie"] [member="Eddak Manod"] [member="Amanda Kryze "][member="Quoron"] [member="Adora Namadi"] @Ra'a'mah

[member="Lady Kay"]

Eddak looked at his drink as he idly sit there, he had been sitting patiently and quietly for what seemed like hours. But Eddak was a patient man, he was one that people knew that he would know the best time to strike. But this time was different, he was here because the Mandalorians needed help, and because Lady Kay was in support of this. Besides, even a meaningless date could help ease this mans stress. Even a round of drinks and some good food with another man could make him forget all about it just a little. After his last donation, he didn't have much of his prized possession left on him, but he felt it could be useful. However, at this time, it was too much for the starting bid, and he didn't want to blow it out of the water.

"Here, here," Eddak raised his hand, "Uh, can I get some Chandrilan brandy, please?" He acted like he was looking around for the waiter after getting the attention of the stage. Eddak looked with his eyes, not turning his head back to the stage, smirking. "Oh yes, the bidding," Eddak laughed, "2,000 credits, and a Light Freighters worth of Mealgrain for Mandalore." It was all in good fun.

Quoron had no idea what he was doing here. With more presentable attire than usual but still with his sword on his hip. He surveyed the room and hoped he would be able to enjoy the night. Quoron was excited for all the interesting experiences that would have that evening.

She moves like she don't care
So the bidding had begun.

Emerald eyes looked through the crowd, wondering who would start the bid. Turned out, [member="Eddak Manod"], that very man who did the initial attack on the military base during the recent war games held by Commenor had taken the plunge with two thousand credits. Two thousand credits were less than what one of her cantinas could earn on a Friday night. She could easily up the bid, but her Je'daii training made her think twice.

She had no idea what happened to the Mandalorians, but she needed to weigh the benefits. The Mandalorians were known to invade and create chaos whenever they became strong. Would the galaxy really need to see the growth of another unpredictable faction? On the other hand, there were rumours of Mandalorians trying to reach out for an alliance with the Collective. The Queen had ties with the clans. Helping the desperate folks would indeed be something worth considering.

"Sigh," she began to understand why maintaining neutrality was not as straightforward as it seemed. She scanned the floor again, looking to see if anyone was raising a bid but saw no one, except for a certain strawberry blonde doctor hiding behind a pillar.

Mariya got up and walked over towards her best friend [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] who was looking rather colourful in her outfit. "S'ona? I didn't know you would come to Commenor." She gave her friend a warm hug.

“Just a simple gown and stole for the brush of a gracious host. I don’t know, I promised her not to read it.” Her eye flickered to his hand on her knee, back up to his face to watch the reaction to Yasha’s note. “I would love to be introduced, how delightful! Another fanatic of the green leaf. Oh fret not about the Mandalorians. They will come around in time.”

Gray’s hand continued to linger on the textured silk over her knee, and Baiko bumped her shoulder good-naturedly into his.

“Brandy would be delightful, thank you Gray.” Baiko’s voice warmed, her alto lilt passing over the syllables with the intent of banishing nerves. Why the pit of her stomach was fluttering about she had zero idea. Baiko was not a maiden after her first kiss, she was a widow who raised three daughters and yet [member="Gray Raxis"]’ hand on her knee had her fingers sliding across the table for her drink.

Just one to steady the nerves.

[member="Lady Kay"] began the bidding for Gray, and the butterflies roiled up in Baiko’s stomach.

“Ten thousand! And hydro-treatment equipment for an outlying town!” Baiko immediately clapped her hand over her mouth. Had she done something so encourage able as to blurt out her own bid? The Atrisian sat ramrod straight in her chair and ducked down her chin.

[member="Eddak Manod"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom