Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Monsters meet monsters. [Wendell Mortimer Glolmark]

The mad scientist looked at the crystals lining his skin. Ever since he turned himself into Avansas the constant presence of the crystals and the stronger dark side presence only continued to interest him in what could be done to change the future of the galaxy. He sought immortality not by means of his own life, but his creations. Avansas were not one of those. They were simply a testament to his ability and a way to further enhance himself. No he had others that needed to be grown, the Voran, the Shekti, and the Kanyirk Monkey-Lizards. All had already been released to the wilds. The Voran and the Kanyirks would have to now prove themselves through time. However, it was the Shekti that were the topic of the day. They were one of his lesser creations in his mind, as they would not exist without intervention due to being so much of an invasive species, that they'd eat all their food sources far faster than reasonable, and eat themselves out of existence as there was practically no infighting.

He had heard of someone who he saw as a potential source of income, or alliance, all depending on how things progressed. Wendell Mortimer Glolmark Wendell Mortimer Glolmark . His business practices were just the sort of thing that would lead Walker to believe he'd be easily willing to make use of the Shekti if the situation demanded. An extremely disposable combative resource. From what he understood he was on Exocron where Walker had landed the Persistence. Along his back was one of the Cursed Blades, at his side a BAW-57-heavy-blaster-pistol and on the other a JN3 Auger Personal Shield. He also had an especially well equipped Medkit on him. Most of his crew stayed on board the persistence. They also had a small cargo ship with a couple of the Shekti as samples of sorts, though they'd had to keep plenty of food, and sedatives, to make the process much easier. That, and some very sturdy containers.

What would one pay, for a product that was easy to produce and very destructive, yet needed to be kept in check due to how far they'd go for food? The prices changed. He wandered how Wendell would approach it, and how he would try to use it. The more control they had of them, the more they were willing to pay, because they understood just how valuable a nearly fearless and vicious army was.

Walker Walker

“The Persistance has landed approximately five miles East of us, sir.” announced the G-1 Security Droid designated G-Alpha. “Very good. We should introduce ourselves to guests.” Wendell Mortimer Glolmark responded. Wendell and G-Alpha were standing in a large, newly constructed building that was meant to serve as a meeting point for Wendell and any potential investors or contractors. Wendell and G-Alpha walked to the building’s garage, and entered a VRV-3020 Armored Transporter. Sitting down, Wendell noticed there were two additional G-1 droids already onboard, sitting in the pilot seats of the vehicle. “Drive us five miles towards the East.” Wendell ordered the droids.

It would seem that there was no need to do much searching. Simply while the crew were ensuring everything was where it was supposed to be, the ships sensors picked up an approaching vehicle. Well, that made things easier. Walker spread the wings on his back stretching the apendages he'd created and allowing him to fly himself into the air to get a better look at the approaching vehicle as it eventually came into view.
"Ah lovely, well let's hope it's not going to be a problem." he said to himself as he glided back down and waited on top of his ship, watching.

He'd glide back down to the ground once the got closer and approach it on foot, his crew were careful as traps and enemy forces were always a concern for someone like Walker. He wasn't particularly concerned at present. The enhancements he'd gained, and the presence of his ship and crew put him at an advantage if things turned violent. But he was out here for business, not a fight, so he held out his arms in greeting, speaking loudly on their approach,
"Hello! The names Vash Walker, and I have some things you may find of interest to your work."

Wendell Mortimer Glolmark Wendell Mortimer Glolmark

Walker Walker

As the VRV-3020 sped through the landscape of the planet Exocron, a large, winged individual rather sudden descended from the clear, cloudless sky. The G-1 droids driving the vehicle gradually slowed it down, and came to a stop around ten meters from where the individual had landed. Once the vehicle had stopped, the individual spoke, saying:

"Hello! The names Vash Walker, and I have some things you may find of interest to your work."
“Intriguing. G-Alpha, follow me. You two stay in here just in case we need to get out of here quickly.” Wendell said to the droids as he put on his masked helmet. Wendell knew that sometimes, it was best not to broadcast your face to strangers.

As Wendell stuck his head out of the VRV-3020’s top hatch, he immediately noticed an odd smell, which he could not seem to identify. Once he had climbed out completely, he looked at Vash Walker. Wendell could not tell what species he was, and he seemed to be made up of various traits selected from both sentient and non-sentient species from around the galaxy. That hardly mattered much to Wendell though, he was here for business and that was what counted. He had introduced himself, so now it was Wendell’s turn to do the same.
“Good morning, Vash Walker. My name is Wendell Mortimer Glolmark, but you probably already knew that.” Wendell said as he extended his right hand, intending to shake hands with Vash Walker.

Vash realized mid talk that he might not actually be speaking to the right person, so his statement could have come off wrong. But fortunately, that was not the case, it was indeed Wendell Mortimer Glolmark Wendell Mortimer Glolmark . So instead he sounded even more knowing. As the two got closer, Wendell may or may not have a feeling of unease, this would be caused by the nightsister crystals embedded inside of him, some of which were visible in the patterns on his skin. Without effort to do so, it likely wouldn't be seriously disadvantageous to either of them, due to the kind of person that Wendell was. But it was still a presence.

He smiled nodding as Wendell introduced himself, and Vash reached out to shake the hand. Good. No problems so far. "I had hoped as much, would have made this trip rather boring if you weren't. I'm not certain of your security situation for taking new territory, or keeping it, but either way I have something that may interest you." He waved a hand and the gates to the cargo container opened, letting out one of the Shekti before it shut right after, making rather unpleasant noises as he used telepathy to give it orders to approach and not attack, "I'm a creator, and this is one of my creations. A pathetic creation if I wanted it to survive entirely on its own, not due to a lack of ability, but rather, an excess. They're too ravenous for their own good and breed like crazy yet don't in-fight. They're exceedingly fast, quite violent, and will eat just about anything. They can be trained to obey orders, or if you really don't care who they kill or what they eat. Just implant chips into them, release them to do what damage you need, then kill them. I really don't care what you use them for so long as you don't try to use them on me, I know their minds very well so it wouldn't be all that effective."

He had the creature crouch down beside them, "So, if you want an army of these, I can procure that for you. Trained or not. I would note, they are meant to be used en masse. Yes, a single one could wreak havoc in a town or a forest, but they are relatively easy to kill if you can actually hit them." He looked back waiting for an answer.

Walker Walker

Wendell observed the Shekti with interest. It certainly looked menacing, and it certainly appeared to have the potential to cause chaos. However, Wendell was a businessman, and he knew that these creatures might be nothing but a well played con.
“Excellent. These creatures will be very profitable for my corporation. However, is it possible for me to see a demonstration of a shekti in combat?” Wendell asked. Conveniently enough, a large, antlered creature wandered by as he said this. Then he said “For example, could you tell it to attack that animal?”

Vash let out a hum quietly as Wendell Mortimer Glolmark Wendell Mortimer Glolmark responded. He wanted an example, that was very possible. Fortunately, he need not find some poor victim or droid to demonstrate it on, as Wendell pointed out an option. Something that the Shekti's eyes latched onto very quickly Vash merely released his hold on it, essentially only telling it who not to attack, and it was off. It's wings and legs seeming to hurl it across the ground. If it wasn't for that it kept going, it might look like it was going to trip itself into the ground at any moment. The antlered creature would barely have time to react and start running before a final bound sent the monsters claws into the flesh of its sides as it attacked from behind. Both stumbling upon impact.

Even if that was all it did, the antlered beast was doomed. Without medical attention, the many poisons and toxins in the claws of the Shekti would no doubt kill it in time, possibly more painfully than being eaten alive. But the Shekti was hungry and didn't wait to see. It clawed its way back into the creature and began eating into its neck as it tried to buck the Shekti off and Vash simply watched. Its death would come soon, it simply didn't have any good counters to a creature that was so fast and good at clinging and cutting.

If he'd had a few released, it would be over so much faster, but it seemed unnecessary. Just one would be enough to show how destructive it could be. Even before the Shekti would actually get a kill, he'd start talking.

"They're better in packs but they get the job done."
He shrugged, "A failure compared to my Voran but those are not particularly useful to you, and far more difficult to replace. Too slow to reproduce."

It seemed it would take little to convince the man that they were useful. Which was fortunate, as Vash definitely considered them useful. He thought over the offer, 8000 credits, for 8 beasts. Likely 4 male and 4 female. Or perhaps 6 females and two males would be more logical. In spite of that Vash was naturally considering this a way to make money for himself, if they were not dealt with appropriately, he might simply lose future value. "I can agree to that. However, how about 16, for 7500 credits each. It'd give you more experience with them and let you test their abilities more without worrying about losing potential breeders as could happen if you got 3 males and 5 females, or 2 males and 6 females."

Really, he didn't care, 8000 a piece was...manageable. Not ideal for such small quantities, but he could work with it. But it'd produce more value to have connections and signs of their use, so long as it didn't also risk him losing money.

Walker Walker

It seemed that Wendell had not been very clear with what he was trying to say. He had been trying to say that he wanted to by eight shektis for 1000 credits each, not eight shektis for 8000 credits each. He decided that he ought to clarify this quickly.
“I apologize for not being clear, but what I meant was that I wanted to by them for 1000 apiece, totaling up to 8000 credits.” Wendell said.

Walker narrowed his eyes, that was a much lower quantity. If he were buying en masse, it wouldn't bother him. But he wasn't, he was buying only in small amounts. He tapped his fingers against his side in thought, "How unfortunate." he muttered, "If you pay for the costs of transportation, I can do 2500." he responded.

Walker Walker

Wendell thought over the new offer. 2500 was more than he was expecting to pay per Shekti, but they seemed to be well worth the money. Besides, even if they turned out to be useless, he could always sell them off to someone else.
“Consider it a deal. I will buy sixteen of your Shektis for 2500 credits each, totaling up to 40000 credits. Agreed?” Wendell asked.

Alright, it seemed that was enough. Thankfully there was no more haggling. Walker smiled "Good, agreed it is. I can give you the few we have right now, and just come back later with the rest, or I can bring them all in together. I'll ensure you have a datapad with some records of how to manage their behavior, mainly, what not to target." he responded.

It seemed the deal was done. He'd make some credits, and his beasts could be used. It would prove useful to have his creations, even the weaker among them, live on through others. Now Wendel was, in Walkers mind, serving his goal of immortality.

Walker Walker

Fortunately for Wendel, Walker had agreed to his offer.
“Good, good. In that case, I will come back here once you have gathered all sixteen Shektis. As agreed, I will arrange the transport of them back to my ship. Until then, it was good doing business with you.” Wendell said. After hearing Walker’s response to this, he got back into the VRV-3020, and drove back to the meeting building.

Well, that was it, he gave a simple wave and nod. Loaded up, and left. They'd send the mix of 16 male and female Shekti's shortly in healthy condition. Seemed like all things were solved. He'd keep up his deal, so long as he got the credits in turn, that would be the end of things. Well mostly anyway, as far as what he needed to do that was the end.

He'd count this a success.

Walker Walker

The next morning, Wendell woke up early. He was eager to obtain the Shektis. After eating a small breakfast, he drove out with five VRV-3020s to where he had met with Walker the previous day. The star Exocron orbited was just beginning to rise when he arrived, which casted an eerie glow on the planet.

As Wendell exited the lead VRV-3020, he said
“Good morning. As promised, I am here with transport for the Shektis, and the 40000 credits to pay for them.” As he said this, G-Alpha exited the transport, carrying a sturdy box made of transparisteel, which while allowing Walker to see the 40000 credits inside, was secure enough to ensure that it could not be opened by force easily.

They were on time, with them a large, well locked, hover-cage which they set down with the Shekti group inside. He gave a wave as Wendel arrived and nodded to the credits. "Morning indeed, and here are your mixed group of sixteen Shekti's. You'll likely want to keep that cage until you ensure you have a good place to put them. There's a system at top that will let you drop in food, and then close the door, then release a second door. That way they can't try and get out through it. Not intended to hold them forever but it should last at least a month, assuming you actually feed them."

He patted the cage and the noises could easily be heard from inside, "Decided against transparisteel when transporting them. They'd probably scratch it so bad you couldn't see anything anyway. If you need to see them to ensure they're all there, give me a bit to ensure they don't run out."

Walker Walker

Wendell looked at the cage. Loud banging sounds were coming from the inside, and it was moving back and forth. Wendell decided that it would probably be best to just take Walker’s word for it that all sixteen were in the cage.
“I think I will take a look at them once I have brought them back to my ship.” Wendell said.

Wendell then ordered all of his G-1 Security Droids to leave their transports, and to attach the cage to the transports with some industrial strength durasteel cables which were stored in one of the transports. Once the cables were firmly attached, G-Alpha handed Walker the box of credits. Wendell said
“Here are your 40000 credits, as promised.” After listening to Walker’s response (if he gave any), Wendell politely thanked him, climbed back into the lead transport with G-Alpha, and drove away with the Shektis.

Vash smiled and nodded, "For the best. Like I said, names Vash Walker. So far haven't gone broken any deals without being betrayed first, so let's keep that record going."

He waited patiently as the droids took the cargo and was given his credits, he gave a simple wave and "Pleasure doing business with ya." before they went off.

This was a profitable venture, but hopefully it would be even more so. With the Shekti's of his creation out in the galaxy to be used, hopefully be someone with some vision of his own, his creations would hold more value. If the lowest could be worth using in business, then what the greatest were worth so much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom