Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Kanyirk Monkey-Lizards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sq5ZHwtviT2I0eZO2F6aUXDWEgJNj5-ozBsIJFwfP1edwychjmrOULnQGByQlX4O0mosWXH2Gfvhgih761BbdnA4R_kdu6lvHdV5u1q8Tw6uy6brxQTB5tiZgiYPipRT4eTWeYkM=s0

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Kanyirk Monkey Lizards
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins: Vash Walker in The Persistence Lab
  • Average Lifespan: 40-110 (Variable dependent)
  • Estimated Population: Rare (mostly spread thinly over the galaxy)
  • Description: The Kanyirk Monkey-Lizards are almost completely externally indistinguishable in appearance from Kowakian Monkey Lizards, being some mixture of an alteration and an ‘infection’ to their genetics. They are small, bipedal, spindly creatures, with beaks and tails (if they are full blooded) and often a range of colors. Although not as noticeable at first glance, a professional dealing with Kowakian monkey lizards my find the Kanyirk mildly more dense in muscular structure.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type 1
  • Average Height of Adults: 0.7 meters (Tail not included)
  • Average Length of Adults: N/A
  • Skin color: Browns, greys, reds, yellows, greens, blues, and rarely black, purple or white. Some patterns may emerge. (Mostly the same as Kowakians)
  • Hair color: Black, browns, white, greens, blues, reds, purples, and oranges. (mostly same as Kowakians)
  • Distinctions:
  • Kanyirk are one of the few smaller sentient races, possessing rather sticklike limbs, abnormally shaped heads, and a range of colorations. They typically have high pitched voices and are seen to be quite fast. Although there are differences between the males and the females, they can be a little hard to determine at times.
  • Races: No genuinely distinct races. While it is possible for a Kanyirk to breed with Kawakians, it generally just produces another of one of the two, rather than a true mix. This is typically decided by the mother, but it’s about a %30-70 chance based on the Kanyirk involved. Their color variations are not perfectly predictable either.
  • Force Sensitivity: All
Strengths:
  • The Kanyirk possess essentially any advantage of the Kawakian monkey lizards, with some minor improvement on their muscular abilities. Allowing them to be shockingly fast, mobile, hard to hit, giving them exceptional hearing, and fairly sharp talons and beaks.
  • The Kanyirk can fit in fairly easily, as there are almost entirely indistinguishable visually from Kowakian monkey lizards and bear many inherent similarities.
  • The Kowakians intelligence was amped up to sentient levels, although not any stage ahead of most sentients, their baseline is around human.
  • Possess an incredibly powerful dietary system, though it could not process anything like metal any more than any other race, it holds up far better to eaten poisons, allergies, or toxins. They can eat very large quantities at a time, and wait long periods between meals if needed.
  • Though almost universally force sensitive, their force sensitivity mostly lies only in a singular ability based off of the Anzati. They gain a form of strength by eating recently, or still, living organics. The more strong in the force they were, the more it strengthens the Kanyirk. This primarily invigorates them and lets them go longer with less other needs of eating, drinking, or even breathing (to a more minor extent, longer holding of breath), but with a sufficient enough amount can increase their own force sensitivity. Doing this also slows their aging, but only by so much.
  • Can be extremely noisy for their size, it becomes even worse the more there are.
  • Most possess a prehensile tail.
  • Though technically all capable of force sensitivity and sentience, most would not feel like that to force sensitives. As most Kanyirks are too weak in the force to make a difference, and take on their roles as semi-sentient at the front of their mind, require a user to dig deeper to see truth.
Weaknesses:
  • Due to their identical appearance to the Kowakians, a Kanyirk could have issues getting any kind of respect. The Kowakians are often seen as silly and cruel, and are usually only deemed semi-sentient, meaning the Kanyirk might even be a choice of dinner for someone.
  • Though strong for their size, able to do fairly well against the strength of something perhaps three times their own weight, the Kanyirks are also so small that most things vastly outmass them. And even a somewhat small human could easily outclass them in strength.
  • The Kanyirks ability to increase their own force sensitivity is somewhat limited, as aside from their ability they are actually not that much stronger in the force than most species. They merely possess the capability to grow to such levels. A Kanyirk could be born strong, but most would be the same as any other human or Kowakian if they do not eat recently living organics.
  • The amount of organics a Kanyirk would need to eat is actually quite high to make an impact. An average Kanyirk would need dozens of human sized, recently deceased or living, meals in order to just reach the same level that something like the Jedi Order might accept as being even capable of becoming a Jedi. An average Kanyirk eating a Jedi as an only meal would make a good dent, but would not bring them up to nearly the same level as the Jedi was at. It also provides no additional skills in the force, though by reaching such a point in force sensitivity low precog, faster reflexes, and so on might kick in, actual skill would not develop on its own.
  • Although their dietary system is excellent, they are only mildly more resistant to other toxins, drugs, or other forms of influences. But this is offset by their very small size allowing for the same amount to still affect them as it would larger races like humans.
  • While durable for their size, a Kanyirk could be pretty easily damaged if hit. A human could likely tear their arms off if they really were brutal enough to do so.
  • Ironically, their desire for a very fresh life is a pretty noticeable indicator of being somewhat abnormal, as many Kowakians actually may go for rotten flesh. Though not a certainty.
  • While most Kanyirks would not be sensed as having the capacity for force sensitivity, due how most would start out the same way as most sentient races like humans, or perhaps togruta's, if they grow stronger that will eventually be recognizable if not otherwise hidden, which is not a talent they inherently possess.
  • Due to the nature of how the Kanyirk's gain their strength in the force, their ability to maintain high levels is also reliant on feeding. Although the proportions and frequency is lowered, were they to go from having eaten enough to be on par with a jedi's force sensitivity, but then stopped. It'd take a mere month for them to return down to normal. Practicing with these abilities regularly slows the loss. In order to retain the gained amount, they would have to have about a fifth of the result taken each month. Any less, and it's likely to start reducing.
  • It may be very hard for a Kanyirk to grow stronger in the force on their own, since their reletively smaller and less inherently deadly design would cause attacking sentients to be more easily noticed or defended against. As a result, they may require help or traps which mean far more work is involved.
  • Force nullification or limitations would prevent the creature from gaining any of the sensitivity it normally could get from eating a creature, as long as it remains for most of the duration of digestion. However, maintained nullification around the creature would hasten its loss of the gained abilities, regardless of that it can't use it anyway during that time.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Prefer insects, worms, and rodents like their Kowakian cousins. However, they can eat almost any organic material they can swallow. The best is something that was recently living due to their growth from the force, dependent upon that creature's connection to it. Naturally, this puts most sentients higher on the list.
  • Communication: The Kanyirk do speak a language of their own which greatly resembles the sounds of Kawakians, but are very capable of mimicking other languages or noises. High pitched, and often very loud, sounds and visual cues are their primary form of communication.
  • Technology level: The Kanyirk are almost all somewhat experienced in basic technology. But have no inherent advantages.
  • Religion/Beliefs: Much like previous creations of Vash Walker, the Kanyirk were designed to believe in him as some sort of god or father, the choice of which seems to mean rather for either party. Obedience and some level of respect is ingrained into them. However, aside from this their culture often varies, but does tend to resemble the curios and somewhat disturbed nature of the Kowakian Monkey Lizards.
  • General behavior: The Kanyirk do not really have any universal values. While they do possess a drive to increase their population, it is not much more than most races. They do heavily resemble their Kawakian brethren however, with a great desire for entertainment and mischief. Though this can present itself in a number of ways. They are also somewhat known to be rather selfish, though they are very eager to cooperate to get to a goal, once there that cooperation sometimes goes downhill, falling somewhat short of outright killing or maiming their allies/friends. Most Kanyirk will keep their sentience to themselves, but since they resemble Kowakians whose intelligence is often shirked as semi-sentient, and who already show many signs sentients do, they don’t need to do much work to hide it. What the Kanyirk do not tend to do is enjoy too strong of an order, cooperation in some sense is ok. But there seems to be a dislike of anything that puts control and order before needs and desires, this mainly applies to them however, much more than anyone else.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Kanyirk aren’t a particularly old species, they were created artificially based primarily off of DNA and materials from the Kowakian Monkey Lizards, so much so that they are still able to breed with them, and were given only rather minor tweaks to most of their biology to increase their intelligence, give them a minor muscle boost, and a particular trait somewhat resembling that of the Anzati. While mostly biologically involved, some force alchemy was used in order to replicate the initial effects of the anzati's abilities, but which became built into them. After enough were produced, they were eventually released into the galaxy in small groups, often in locations with Kowakian monkey lizards, whether to join or just blend in, allowing their numbers to continue to grow. With their high similarities to the Kowakians, it’s likely many of them would barely even make a change, at least for a while, simply appearing and remaining to appear very close to their ‘cousin’ race perhaps into death. Others may be a little more inventive, maybe making changes as they go. And some may simply end up as someone's meal. They were expected to blend in very well, and that changes would mostly be slow, possibly over multiple lifetimes. As it’s very possible plenty of the Monkey Lizards will not live much longer than age 40. They are a part of Walkers feeling of a need for immortality and creation as a god. Not for his own body, but that by creating species that live on and thrive after his death he'll cement himself as some form of god. If not in history, in the biology of what he's made. The Shekti are cattle and rabbits, fast to reproduce, utilitarian, but stupid. The Voran are meant as a sort of apex being. The Kanyirk are meant as the symbiotic creatures. Alone they mean very little, they are not extremely skilled or powerful, nor have advanced intellects. Instead they are meant to seek out cooperation and niches that they can fit into, using others to strengthen themselves, but often by working with them in the process. By appearing like a common creature that can be passed off or overlooked, they can go almost anywhere with relatively little stopping them, so long as they have someone to let them do so.

Last edited:

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Walker Walker Good evening! Hope you've had a good day. I have 3 major points I'd like to address before we look at approval for this species and I've put them below:
Strengths | While I love what you have here, the ability to consciously fooling people, the way it currently reads seems like a version of Thought Shield in that they can "hide their minds". This would be a breach of the Species Creation Rules as species rated as entirely Force sensitive can't have active abilities that would require training as a default. Please also link the Anzat species here.​
Weakness | Per the Species Creation Rules linked above, "Completely Force-sensitive species may not start off with fully developed Force Powers.....These species should include appropriate weaknesses, such as difficulties with Force Null fields." Please add one or two weaknesses that pertain to their sensitivity. You could use the example of Force Null fields like ysalamiri or void stones or maybe their connection to the Force dampens if they don't eat enough to stabilize it at a normal level.​
History | This section feels a bit lacking and I'm having a hard time justifying it and it also boils over to your intent. How were they created? Was it via Sith Alchemy or via biological tampering? Why have an identical species with a few boosts here and there? What purpose could or does it serve for Walker? Why did he create them in the first place? What's the motivation/goal he had in mind? However, if the aim is to simply have more Kowakian monkeys around or if your intent cannot be defended, it's unlikely that this submission will be approved as it's near identical to the Kowakian Wookie page.​

Please tag me if you have any comments, questions, or simply once edits are complete.

Ylla Caeli'runa

Not really a thought shield, was more meant as the natural resistence some species already have mixed with how ressistance to telepathy already often works (they talk somewhat about it in kotor) however I did see the issue so decided to go ahead and remove it.

So I added two more on what I had. One was that there is now a requirement to continue eating in order to maintain something. And the other was about how hard it probably is for a Kanyirk to even get many fresh sentient bodies in the first place.

I tried to add some more. For the most part his motivation isn't always listed in his creations, since it'd get repetitive. I linked in particular the blog in which some of his motivation in general is added. Though, a boost in sentience is itself a pretty important change I'd think. Given it opens more room for them to actually be playable characters rather than just semi-sentient. If the history added isn't sufficient (I added a small amount at front explain their creation process, mostly organic manipulation, but slight bit of alchemy at first. And then added some more in the back about his motivations, while linking the holodiary in which most of it came up)

That said, if there's no limitations on me just raising a semi-sentient creature to sentient, or giving one force sensitivity, and just claiming it as a mutation, or an enhancement, of some kind. Since the changes are indeed relatively minor, and the force thing could be replicated with force drain or just saying they're spliced with anzat somehow, then this sub really isn't necessary, and I'll actually be slightly excited cause it means a little less work on my end. And I'd be ok with it being refused, as it would let me know what I'm allowed to do without having to make an entire sub for it. If that's also not allowed...well that's unfortuante for me I guess.

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Walker Walker Thank you very much for clarifiying and explaining your perspective/side on things. I believe that I can approve this for you given what you've added to the history section and what you've commented in your post.
Before giving the official stamp, please add Alchemy to your list of Links just so all bases are covered!

However, I'd like to caution you that identical species aren't always approved and I'd recommend making unique distinctions that separate the baseline from your species even greater than the measures used for this sub.

Ylla Caeli'runa
Thanks!
Alchemy now added in links.

Normally I do, I just had a very specific idea that would only work if I used something like a Kowakian monkey lizard, but it had to be sentient and possibly force sensitive. And it just fit well with Walker's pre-existing intentions and what I can do with him.

And thanks!

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Walker Walker No problem at all and thank you again! I understand and thank you once more for being understanding and explaining the way you did. I hope you enjoy your monkeys!

APPROVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom