Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Voran

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
nnSRc6T.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Voran
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins: Walker Walker mostly aboard the Persistence lab.
  • Average Lifespan: 250 years
  • Estimated Population: Semi-Unique
  • Description: The Voran are an unusual race to look upon. They have a long six legged body with strong bird like legs, which seems to continues upwards including two smaller birdlike appendages that are more precise, and up further into a wide toothy head with clouded eyes.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type 1
  • Average Height of Adults: 1.8-2.1 m
  • Average Length of Adults: 2.4-2.9 m
  • Skin color: Greys and reds
  • Hair color: White
  • Distinctions: The Voran possess eight appendages unlike most species of similar sizes, especially that mostly resemble mammalian or avian. All their limbs are immensely strong, but the six underneath them naturally being much more so. And their two “neck arms” being much more dexterous than most. Their considerable height and size, along with their unusual features, can make them quite intimidating. The easiest way to recognize the males and females is by the tails, as males' tails are slightly longer than the females, and also possess somewhat less hair/fur. The species also possess a very toothy mouth, and two cloudy eyes.
  • Races: Just the one
  • Force Sensitivity: All
Strengths:
  • Gust of clawed wind: The Creatures are extremely fast and agile, designed to be fit for the trees and forests, or densely packed cities. Their numerous limbs and long bodies allow them to travel at incredible speeds over the most unusual terrain. The numerous claws allow them to grip and grasp at just about anything, or anyone, with considerable force so they can climb even more peculiar terrain, or enemies.
  • Strength: Due to their considerable size the Voran naturally have with it considerable strength. Much of this strength however lies in their spine, allowing them to whip their entire body around or away. This further enhances the movement of their limbs. In combat, this usually results in them bashing an enemy with their entire body causing internal injury rather than external. However for bigger enemies, or weaker ones, they instead use the claws they have to cut them focusing on important organs.
  • “Neck arms” these arms are smaller than their six “legs” beneath them. But still quite long and strong. Their focus is on manipulation of items however, allowing them to pick up and use anything from something as simple but large as a log, to more complex tools or weapons. All appendages have four long fingers, with one “thumb” each and being fairly easily maneuvered to grasp or move things.
  • Intelligence: As an opposite to his creation of the Shekti. The Voran were designed to be incredibly intelligent. This took considerable additional study of not only already existing adult brains, but the growth stages between impregnation to adulthood. As he realized the Shekti were almost constantly stunted. The Voran possess considerable intellect with a mix of predator and prey traits both. They are designed to observe more like prey, but to solve problems more like predators.
  • Senses: The sense of smell, hearing, and taste, are extremely attuned for the creature. Allowing it to get a considerable feeling of its surroundings. Its hair also has a purpose, allowing it to “feel” the movement of the air and often beings around it. This makes it incredibly difficult to deceive because it can pick up on many more aspects of behavior than most, and further difficult to sneak up on.
  • Alchemic eyes: The species is designed to be force sensitive, but almost all of that goes to their eyes. These two clouded looking eyes provide the Voran a sight beyond merely seeing types of light and energy, but rather allowing them to see through the force itself. Allowing them inherent Force sight to a considerable degree. This further increases their ability to perceive. And also produces a greater response time. The eyes are however entirely incapable of using regular vision, and would be useless without the force.
  • Force sensitivity: Technically all members of the species are force sensitive beyond the eyes, however the strength of that force sensitivity can vary considerably. Some may be very strong while others are relatively average. As a result not all of them are quite as strong as most force sensitives aside from the eyes, and would almost be considered not force sensitive at all.
Weaknesses:
  • Size: While their size is an advantage as well, it also means they make for considerable sized targets.
  • Feed: The Voran need to eat a fair amount of food in order to live healthy lives. This can result in considerable costs or energy spent gaining sustanence.
  • Speech: The Voran have limited speech. They possess deep voices that could speak growling languages more like Shyriiwook and huttese more easily, but can have much greater issue producing galactic basic and would be lost on some others.
  • Sight is entirely reliant on the force. Though they can function without this, it would be a considerable hindrance not only to general life but also produces communication issues as the Voran tend to use a sign language only understandable by those with Force Sight due to its intricacies and hidden gestures.
  • Their white fur makes them generally easier to spot.
  • Their appearance can be off putting and making calm communication with other sentients difficult.
  • Their size and shape make them harder to travel on small ships, and harder to secure.
  • Aside from Force Sight, they don’t possess any other natural talents in the force, they would have to learn them the same as anyone else.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Omnivore: Although they prefer meats and fish considerably they can supplement this with plantations of various kinds. What they do not like are things such as pastries and other forms of excessive wheat or grains. Small portions of them may be acceptable, but they find them distasteful.
  • Communication: The Voran speak verbally primarily through a complex set of sounds that some would consider an inbetween of huttese and Shyriiwook but have also developed a form of very discreet sign language that was designed to be seen only by others with Force Sight.
  • Technology level: The Voran do not have a species wide technology level.
  • Religion/Beliefs: They believe in Vash Walker as being their creator and “Father” who should be obeyed. This was something taught on them during their creation and further imprinted through various biological manipulations.
  • General behavior: The Voran can be compared in some ways to devaronians or falleen in that they often prefer the cunning of oneself. They value intellect, knowledge, and persuasiveness, but the methods achieved are relatively meaningless. The Voran have little in the way of set family or social values and will generally morph to what they join, at least externally. They do have a tendency against personal pride, neither being humble nor proud, but this is not a universal trait merely a tendency.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Voran are overall a young race. Created by Vash Walker sometime after previous failed species experiments, at least as he considered them. The Voran are what he considers what a more advanced race should be like, very physically capable, but at the same time clever, and inherently linked to the force. Due to their youth, although individuals have been rapid aged in order to properly ensure their overall survival, they are still small in numbers, but should live long enough to mate enough times for proper population growth. The species has relatively little in the way of culture or technology, as they were not created home to a specific planet but instead grown essentially in a lab and brought where Walker chose initially.

The Voran tend to perceive their surroundings like prey, looking for threats, escape routes, and such. But will think more like predators, searching for more aggressive ways to solve their problems by seeing something as a “target” rather than an obstacle to escape or get around. This tends to result in them having a rather unusual way of acting and communicating when faced with an issue, whether another being or an environmental problem.

Their creation was due to Vash’s need to “make better” things essentially. Even if he doesn’t always command each one of them, what was most important was their creation itself. He still makes active use of them, but not their full numbers, as his activities can include risks of livelihood. Instead the remainder are mostly free to do as they please, which is not an easy thing for a new race that can be as intimidating and unusual as they are.

Last edited:
Walker Walker

Hello there - I'll be reviewing this submission for you too. There are just a few things to take a look at.

1.) Image: Unfortunately, you'll need to choose a new image for this submission. The original artist states directly on the photo that it is "Not For Free Use" which means we can't use it here.

10a781034bfc56b1b59c8ec7ae5ae6c4.png

2.) Origins:
It states "Alchemic and biological experimentation" but the template asks more for a location or point of origin. It could be a planet, place, or even a person. But, where are they from?

Origins: [ This can be a planet (canon or Chaos canon sub), a company's lab, a region of space, extra-galactic, etc. Provide a link if applicable. ]

3.) Strengths (Force Sensitivity): I'm not quite sure what a "leak" in the eyes refers to, but, keep in mind that when you make a Species "ALL" force-sensitive that there are certain things to observe in the rules. Unless they're a Sithspawn with pre-determined abilities they can all be born force-sensitive, but, that refers to their potential rather than to their abilities. Please clarify this line below:

Force sensitivity: Technically all members of the species are force sensitive beyond the eyes, however the strength of that force sensitivity can vary considerably. Some may be very strong while others are relatively average. Their force sensitivity as a result could sometimes be considered only a “leak” of the eyes.

71697199976c8c7dd1456a4159c8646f.png

That's all. Give me a tag when you're ready for me to look again. Thank you!

Srina Talon Srina Talon
1. Dagnabbit...I didn't see that. I added a new image this time, not exactly what I wanted but it should still fit. I don't see the same issue on this one.

2. I tagged Walker now instead since he was the one that made them.

3. I changed the leak thing so that it just says excluding the eyes, while they are all force sensitive, they may not be very strong.

In regards to the eyes, these are artificially engineered and so I think do fit under the Sithspawn example given. The ability they are tailored for force wise is the use of force sense. Plus there's the Miraluka which already exist that are known for having no eyes and doing that. Should I link Miraluka and sithspawn maybe? For people to see comparisons?

Walker Walker

Good steps forward - We're almost there.

For Origins (#2) - That's better but is there not a planet or a lab they were made on or traditionally hail from? Keep Walker but I would add that in too.

For Force Sensitivity (#3) - I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. Are these creatures Sithspawn? If so, they can start with the fully fledged abilities they were designed to have. If they're not Sithspawn (aside from passive abilities) then it's fine to say they're force sensitive but just be aware that shows potential - Not skill.

If you'd like to link the Miraluka for reference feel free. I would only link Sithspawn if you actually consider them to be Sithspawn.

Srina Talon Srina Talon
#2 Hm...well I didn't really have one in particular in mind since I imagine he did a lot of the research and work on them over time. Is it ok if I link a ship? That ship is probably where most of the work originally got done at least.

#3 Technically force sense is a passive ability. But they are kind of under the same concept as sithspawn, but naming them that would be a bit weird given none of what Walker learned came from Sith teachings. The rule given does say "Artificially engineered species" and gives sithspawn only as an example. They are indeed artificially engineered, and could be compared to sithspawn but just aren't the same thing lore-wise.

Walker Walker

#2: If your ship has a lab that could conceivably be used in that fashion - Certainly.

#3: I realize what the rule states - But I'm asking moreso whether they are or they aren't. If they aren't there's no need to worry about it, especially, if it only pertains to their eyesight.

Basically - Seeking clarification.

Srina Talon Srina Talon

#2 It was made to have a lab in it so I believe so. I linked that now.

#3. Ahhh, sorry. Just was confused I guess. No they are not technically sithspawn. And yes, the only universal force power they have is the eyes thing (force sense, residing specifically in the eyes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom