Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maze Runners (Lords of the Fringe Dominion of Dasid Anya)

@Pandeima @Elijah Rowlin

"Sounds like an interesting world -- though I do wonder why you'd spend so much hyperdrive fuel to move junk around."

Rave looked up and tossed a two-fingered salute to Elijah. "How's it hangin', Rowlin?" she said. "Nice suit. You intending to find us that modulator with sensors faster than we can track it down ourselves?"

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
@[member="Rave Merrill"]

"Oh, for sure." He temporarily turned off his cloak's scrambling ability to talk face-to-face.

"See, we need to head this way to get to the center. From there, it's a cinch."

@[member="Pandeima"]

@[member="Elijah Rowlin"]

"A cinch that takes the local champions days, don't forget," said the Nightsister. "The best time ever recorded is like a day and a half. This place is fethin' huge, Rowlin." She shivered; the maze had grown more than a little cold even in the half hour or so she'd been exploring.

"You'd be surprised what people leave in rust-piles, Rave. It's... pretty interesting." With a smile, she watched as @[member="Elijah Rowlin"] arrived. "I missed you, honey... Where to next? I have a map of the location... perhaps if I upload it to your suit's computer systems, we can more adequately work together and acquire the gravitic modulator lost here in the maze."

A soft smile crossed her face as she eyed the two of them over. "It's like a puzzle... and we can find more and more of the center as we map it."

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

Jak Sandrow

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

"That's without sophisticated electronics and gadgetry. With them on my side, we'll need a day, at most. Maybe two."

He took Pandeima's map gratefully. "Thanks. I forgot my copy."

He commed @[member="Ashin Varanin"]. "Roger, heading with Rave and Pandeima to center of cube."

@Pandeima @Elijah Rowlin

"We're not the first to smuggle in electronics, try electroni maps, that kind of thing. It's been tried for centuries." Rave shrugged. "But who knows.

"Alright, let's get to it. I've been-"

Gravity shifted again, turning a corridor into a spiralling funnel. She went flying, tumbling.

Jak Sandrow

"Doubt they've had a hacker in here."

He was about to agree, then the floor disappeared under his feet. No, there it was, right in front of his face.

Almost on instinct, he reached down to grab a hand, a leg, something of one of the two bodies flying past him - as his other hand shot up to fire a cable into the wall in front of him.

"Everyone still there?" he called down to @[member="Rave Merrill"] and @[member="Pandeima"].

A song came to his mind.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqUdI4AIDF0[/media]

"Oh fe-"

And with that, she was sent tumbling... somewhere. Somewhere she had no idea as to the location of. All she hoped was that she was closer to the center so she could acquire the gravitic modulator.

"Yeah, I'm still here. Let's keep our comms together, okay?'

@[member="Rave Merrill"] @[member="Elijah Rowlin"]

@[member="Elijah Rowlin"]@[member="Pandeima"]

Rave dusted herself off. She'd lost her knife, and something moved in the dark. With a grunt, she threw a spark, and a feral Lugubraa tumbled through aa region of variable gravity, changing direction in midair. Immense teeth gleamed in a circular maw.

"This planet's got like forty billion of'em...but I guess some of them go wild if they get lost in here."

@[member="Elijah Rowlin"]

"Sorry, Rowlin -- what was that?" For some reason, it hadn't quite clicked, and shapes rustled in the dark. She'd lost her glowrod. No lightsabre, either. But she was a Nightsister of Dathomir, and she murmured the words to a charm that gave her night vision sufficient to the task at hand. She pressed ahead, down teh tunnel. A fallen knife, strange in construction, replaced her lost weapon.

Matreya

Finally gravity righted itself, just as Zaiden was getting going again. This time though he was ready, and flipped sideways to land right up. Taking off at a half run, Zaiden continued his marking. He hadn't found any of his recent marks, and thus felt he was making a good attempt. @[member="Ashin Varanin"] would know better..he felt he should contact her and ask how to know if he was nearing it's end. But he felt that may be considered cheating..

Jak Sandrow

Well, he was stuck up a wall. By himself.

Dropping down, he caught up to them.

Flicking on a helmet lamp, he proceeded to catch up to them. "What'd I miss?"

@[member="Rave Merrill"]
@[member="Pandeima"]

"Oh, not much. Just your standard gravimetric distortions. Speaking of..." Circe checked her wrist-band, a small glowing particle inside swirling around a ring. "My experiment seems to be working quite well."

What was her experiment, you might ask? Well, she only wanted to see how keeping hypermatter in motion would act upon a gravimetric disturbance. A sensor in the ring would tell if the distortions varied in intensity compared to the maze's standard ones.

@[member="Rave Merrill"] @[member="Elijah Rowlin"]

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Shinju looked at the man and as he spoke... She had a title beyond the one who hurts? Wait she was a prophet too? She couldn't see into the future or even into someones head without breaking them... Ahh well he was just confused and that meant he was weak.. He would have to be disciplined and learn to not be strange... or horny. "I am a what? I am the commanders interrogator, the punishment for ones who fail in their duties. Such as here. Now get us to the end or to the prize, use those scanner things that beep."

@[member="Elijah Rowlin"]@[member="Pandeima"]

With the aid of Pandeima's experimental ring and the holomapping capability of Elijah's armor, it took, oh, sixteen hours to find a clean-picked skeleton and a trash-covered lump of machinery. Stomach upset, eyes sore, Rave hadn't slept at all, but-

"This is it," said the scientist, standing. Her balance was off, a little. "Prototype miniature gravitic modulator."

Sargon half grinned at the insult inside of his helmet. No one had ever attempted to call him a failure before, but he took it in stride. Force users were simply an odd lot by nature his information said that the Prophets were the organizational body of force users within the Fringe. Of course he was playing with fire to so in the end, what did he know. As for the scanner things that beeped he actually didn't even know what she spoke of.

"Ma'am, we were only allowed limited equipment within the maze. My helmet in fact was over the line. At the moment I'm attempting to create a 3D map utilizing its HUD recorder. For the moment it felt wisest to trust to those who had abilities beyond simple technology. I will however, Ma'am, be more then happy to take the lead if that is your wish." Walking ahead he simply went with his gut and took a right turn and kept moving. There were worse strategies then listen to your guy, wasn't there?

@[member="Shinjū Aÿasha"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Zaiden James-Greyson"]

Ashin's very limited battle meditation had continued, now, for sixteen hours or so. She took a break for fifteen minutes every three hours, no more. Self-discipline had been the essence of her favored interpretation of Sith doctrine for a long, long time. She kept in touch with her people.

The hypermatter worked. Oh, the gravimetric distortions were stabilized only within a very small distance, but it worked! And that was all she cared about - especially considering such research would work well on behalf of her newest pet project.

"This is it, hmm? Technology could be utilized in concert with other stealth systems to develop one of the more advanced stealth fighters. I like it."

Matreya

Zaiden continued along his path, with a grin reestablishing his connection to @[member="Ashin Varanin"]. Pouring his own power into the funnel, he felt he had a reason to grin as he had now assisted both Ashin and Spencer in one event. He was becoming more intune with his abilities, and for some reason he seemed a minor user of Battle Meditation...maybe he should seek out @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] training, or even the lightning empress Ashin could. But he knew her abilities with such were weak, not being her main arsenal. Then again, weak for Ashin was Zaiden after barely starting a battle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom