Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Faction Member Requirement Raised To 6 Members From 5

Arina Zjarri

A
That is what
Tefga said:
I feel like the term Minor Factions is all encompassing and covers more than just governments...The Red Coterie is a good example, yes.
That's my point really. The Red Coterie makes no sense, as Ryori made it, controlling planets. Which is cool, I like what it is. But other factions like the Shapers of Kro Var would at least control their own planet of Kro Var. Even if they are a small faction.

Ragnar Wulfe

R
Arina Zjarri said:
That is what

That's my point really. The Red Coterie makes no sense, as Ryori made it, controlling planets. Which is cool, I like what it is. But other factions like the Shapers of Kro Var would at least control their own planet of Kro Var. Even if they are a small faction.
I agree with this as the Echani are trying to keep their home planet as well
And I almost forgot about Dathomir...

Arina Zjarri said:
But other factions like the Shapers of Kro Var would at least control their own planet of Kro Var. Even if they are a small faction.
And they might still control Kro Var, though the Minor Faction and it's planet could possibly fall under the influence of a larger, Major Faction if they don't meet the new requirements.

Everyone's coming up with good, solid suggestions and discussion which will be considered.

Cira

C
Personally.... I don't think it's fair for those minor like TEC who have started doing dominions to get screwed over. (I don't even have a char there... surprisingly enough LOL considering my 33 chars I have now... and still more to come) They are trying, and considering how they've been working towards more activity, sucks that all that work gets erased if they don't get the required 10 unique members.

it's a conundrum, it really is. One one hand we don't want to have dud factions who are mainly one character having influence over the map, on the other, it harms the smaller factions who are still branching out. I know at the very least, unique member wise, OP does it.... Witches of Dathomir, well... right now only has 9 unique members -- and they've both been been growing since they started.

/shrugs

It's a conundrum, but I understand that sometimes, folk won't be happy. One can't make everyone happy -- it is what it is and the powers that be determine that. It just sucks --- because lets face it, while we have plenty of new writers and unique writers, there are MANY writers with more than one alt who are in different factions. It would be interesting to see how many unique writers we actually have on the site that actually actively rp... and how many factions they affect with the alts.

Flint Pherson

F
The Non-Canon Tag. With it? You can write your stories anyway you want to. Without worrying about who's controlling such-and-such planet. Heck, I've had Sith write threads located on Coruscant all the time in Canon Threads. Just because we 'control it', doesn't mean we 'control it'. If ya know what I mean. The Map Game and the Meta-Canon is just option one. You have more at your finger-tips then you know. :D

Cira

C
Tefga said:
And they might still control Kro Var, though the Minor Faction and it's planet could possibly fall under the influence of a larger, Major Faction if they don't meet the new requirements.

Everyone's coming up with good, solid suggestions and discussion which will be considered.
And that just blows. Period. That one cannot even defend their planet that a minor faction has simply because they don't "own" it on the map.

Cira

C
Flint Pherson said:
The Non-Canon Tag. With it? You can write your stories anyway you want to. Without worrying about who's controlling such-and-such planet. Heck, I've had Sith write threads located on Coruscant all the time in Canon Threads. Just because we 'control it', doesn't mean we 'control it'. If ya know what I mean. The Map Game and the Meta-Canon is just option one. You have more at your finger-tips then you know. :D
Sorry flint, but no.

We rp to rp canon stories, not just "non-canon" stories. Every rp affects the character no matter the deal. The point about roleplaying is to see how your character is tested -- the good, the bad, the ugly.

You can't just sweep it under the rug and pretend that an occupation doesn't exist with a non canon tag. That just doesn't fly.

Flint Pherson

F
I'm just giving options Cira. Solutions. I'm not complaining just for the sake of complaining. *wink wink* :p

Cira said:
The point about roleplaying is to see how your character is tested
Please keep in mind that everyone has their own reasons, and while some may agree with you, other may not... because everyone's expressing their own opinion here, so that Staff can view, relate, and hopefully decide upon our best course of action.

Ruye Etarn

R
But most don't, and I whole heartedly agree that it simply isn't fair that simply because a planet comes under control of a factions influence, they automatically are assimilated. No retaliation. I think there should be a way of causing a Rebellion within an existing faction, or something. I don't think it is at all fair that such things are completely non-defensible. Also Fint, I love you man, but the Non-canon suggestion was entirely bogus.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
You know @[member="Cira"] what if a major faction does a Dominion of that area and you guys just "oppose" the dominion. So it would be like a mini invasion? Would that be a compromise you'd find acceptable?

Flint Pherson

F
Sirella Valkner said:
You know @[member="Cira"] what if a major faction does a Dominion of that area and you guys just "oppose" the dominion. So it would be like a mini invasion? Would that be a compromise you'd find acceptable?
90 on 5. Do et! :D

Arina Zjarri

A
The assimilation problem is the one I see. If a minor faction got its planet stamped on the map as a capital, then they could decide whether they wanted to be part of the government whose territory they are in or not. Not every planet within the Republic's territory was part of the Republic. Tatooine for instance.

Ruye Etarn

R
Well that's good at least.

Flint, this is why we're having this conversation. Us smaller factions are literally powerless and at the mercy of the largest in the galaxy, without any chance to grow into anything amountable.

Flint Pherson

F
Nah it's cool Haru. The Staff will think of something. They've nerfed Superweapons and Fleets before. They'll nerf 'leverage' too. It's all good brother. Hell, I even suggested the 'capping' options. So yeah. I'm with ya man. :D

Cira

C
I'm like.. replying to this mid fights while TORing ... >.> So much Nox and Patches are yelling at me.

/ shrugs

Oh flint never said you were complaining. That was just my quickie type in between fights. I'm honestly down with whatever, as I said, it is what it is. I'll keep on rping regardless if WoD or OP stay on the map or not. What I -do- care about, is canon stuff. But that's just me -- if anyone rp's anything with me, it's canon. Folk can do what they will, obviously, it's their prerogative if they want it to be canon.
ok gotta go back to this instance brb when i can squeeze in a reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom