Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Faction Member Requirement Raised To 6 Members From 5

MAJOR FACTIONS

• Major Factions must maintain 6 or more unique, individual characters to remain active. Each character must be written by a different person. We're checking.
  • Minor Factions who meets the minimum requirements to become a Major Faction may begin choosing their first planet, which will also be their Capital Planet. This planet will then be listed on the Galaxy Map, as well as your Faction Influence Cloud.
  • Major Faction Owners/Admins are responsible for contacting the SWRP Staff Team's Administrators and alerting them of waning activity, gained or lost planets, SWRP Rule Violations within their Factions, etc.
  • [SIZE=18.18181800842285px]Only a Major Faction has the resources necessary to role-play having a large fleet, army, etc.[/SIZE]
  • See: Warring Factions to learn what else you can do with a Major Faction.

Current Factions on the Galaxy Map that do not meet these new requirements will be grandfathered into the new rules and will remain as exceptions until the end of June, when we hold the next round of Character Reports.

As our member base grows, so too do our limits. Most, if not all, current Factions can meet this requirement.

Major Factions should only be achievable through strong community interaction, creativity, and in some cases, sheer force of will. Factions exist as an incentive for members to work together - Minor Factions are still available for small groups of people who wish to see an idea come to life that doesn't fit as a Sub-Faction of another Major Faction, or an idea they wish to foster into a Major Faction.

Much like achieving the rank of Master as a Force User, creating a galactic power to be recognized on the map should be increasingly difficult, and seen as an achievement by all involved.

Ragnar Wulfe

R
Ah, cause I just checked the Factions list and CSA barely makes it now, and when I joined Witches of Dathomir, it went slightly higher

Cira

C
It doesn't go by how many are on the member list, but unique writers. That in itself is very different.

Arina Zjarri

A
The Shapers finally get enough to start being a faction and RPing, and you kick us in the teeth.

Good stuff.

Janira Fenni

J
Well, that's a bugger. Unless TEC can get 3 more unique members, we'll cease to be a major faction at the end of the month...

Cira

C
Doesn't mean you don't get to be a faction. You just don't have an area of influence in the map.

Arina Zjarri

A
Which is half the fun is it not?

I can understand if larger factions got some advantage, but its hard enough to get more than the few "main" factions past ten to begin with.

Ragnar Wulfe

R
If it goes south, you COULD join the Witches to make that Initiate tag a lot more valid.

Janira Fenni

J
Yes, we know, Cira. But we just got made a major faction and are doing Dominions now. But if we don't get 3 more unique members, that all goes to waste, does it not?

Arina Zjarri

A
I want to write a shaper, I want to do the stuff my faction has discussed doing. I know other factions feel the same. I have to join another faction just to RP taking over worlds? How is that inline to what this site supposedly promises?

Lady Velori

L
You know. I would be tempted to ally with the Shapers somehow in order to make a larger faction. That may work out well for the both of us, perhaps?

People will complain, and this is fine. This ruling is meant to reflect the fluctuation of growth the community experiences, and will also fluctuate with it. It was 5 before due to a smaller member base - it's 10 now.

We can only allow so many freedoms before having to impose a limit to prevent the map from changing daily. This requires work. You have to remember, members may still join multiple factions. Minor factions still exist. This ruling was imposed before, but was rescinded due to bad timing, as there were many Factions at the time requesting Major Faction status and it seemed as though a reactionary response from Staff to rule against these new Factions. The ruling was rescinded, Major Faction status was given, and all was well.

Now, the new requirement is being imposed, and all Factions have the majority of a month to meet it.

Arina Zjarri

A
Rather than punish the smaller factions, you could have come up with a better idea. Like only updating once a week on a predetermined day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom