Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Faction Mandate Rework

The Mandate of Heaven has been bestowed!

Major Faction Mandates were an interesting addition to the site, but there were some which were clearly not as good as others, and some which never worked correctly. Therefore, after an exhausting period of discussions, work-shopping and suggestions from the members we have prepared a new list of Mandates. All mandates not listed below have been removed, and a new selection will be needed or else the faction will reset to neutral.

In order to make this fair on everyone all major factions will be able to select a new Mandate on August 1st. This resets your 60 day timer to then. These Mandates will not take effect until then to ensure they line up with our other reforms. Also, if there is something obvious we have missed it gives us time to make edits.

If you have any questions please ask now so that we might clear up and clarify before people start using these.

This is by no means the end of our reforms. Indeed, there are forthcoming revisions to rebellions and dominions to make better use of these new mandates.

So without further ado I present our new mandates....

MAJOR FACTION MANDATES

Grasp the Void
Strength: This Major Faction gains the ability to submit an additional 2 Dominions per month which are not subject to rebellions.
Weakness: This Major Faction loses the ability to launch Invasion threads.

Manifest Destiny
Strength - This major faction may designate one bonus hex per month as a reward for completing three dominions. (replacing the SSD, not in addition to it)
Weakness -This major faction must sacrifice one hex if they do not complete THREE dominions in that month. (The dominions must start and finish in the same month to count, like with an SSD)

Fortress Worlds
Strength - A Major Faction may designate up to three hexes that count as a capital for purposes of invasions. These hexes must be listed on the Mandate page and can only be changed every 60 days.
Weakness - All other hexes in the cloud may be rebelled at any time. A faction must have at least 1 hex not covered by this mandate.

The Burnout Special
Strength: This Major Faction may claim one additional adjacent unclaimed hex each month, regardless of any Dominions it does or does not complete, provided they launch or receive an invasion.
Weakness: This Major Faction must launch an Invasion every month, except in months when other factions invade it. If it does not it loses this Mandate and must choose another.

Contagious Assault
Strengths: When this faction invades, it can choose an additional neighbouring hex that will be included in the invasion. This cannot be a capital hex.
Weaknesses: When this faction gets invaded, the invading factions can automatically choose one additional neighbouring hex that will be counted in the same manner. This cannot be a capital hex.

Droid Army
Strength: Up to 10 Droid and AI characters do not count against this Faction's Invasion Requesting Aid slots when defending or attacking.

Relentless Horde
Strength: This faction may invade two different Major Factions simultaneously.
Weakness: Any of the Major Faction’s Dominions may be rebelled against.

Rapid Expansion
Strength: This faction may claim a fourth Dominion per month.
Weakness: The second, third and fourth Dominions may be targeted for rebellions.

Galactic Nomads
Strength: Once a month, this Major Faction may abandon their current Influence Cloud & Capital Planet and relocate elsewhere on the map as if they were a creating a new Major Faction.
Weakness: The Major Faction may not use this Mandate's strength if the Major Faction is currently engaged in an incomplete Invasion, Rebellion, or Dominion.

Defensive Stronghold
Strength: This Major Faction has double the number of Requesting Aid slots when it is defending a hex it owns from an Invasion.
Weakness: This Major Faction has no Requesting Aid slots when it is Invading a hex.

Inward Perfection
Strength: This Major Faction cannot be invaded by multiple factions simultaneously.
Weaknesses: This Major Faction cannot invade a faction at the same time as another Major Faction and the faction can also only do one dominion per month.

Crusaders
Strength: This Major Faction has double the number of Requesting Aid slots when launching an Invasion of an Enemy Hex.
Weakness: This Major Faction has no Requesting Aid slots when defending a Hex that they own.

Vagrant Fleet
Strength: This Major Faction slowly travels across the map. Each month they remove between one and three of their hexes and replace them with that number of unoccupied new ones adjacent to their current.
Weakness: The Vagrant Fleet has no capital hex and as such misses its natural protection. Furthermore, they are limited to only a single dominion each month.

Neutral
Strength: None.

Inward Perfection
Strength: This Major Faction cannot be invaded by multiple factions simultaneously.
Weaknesses: This Major Faction cannot invade a faction at the same time as another Major Faction and the faction can also only do one dominion per month.

Seems a bit overkill to limit the dom to 1 with the 30 day can't redom a lost invasion rule, on top of the other weakness. Take into account the Contagious Assault, and you can potentially loose a years worth of dominions in three months. I say bring it up to 2, cause otherwise it's just a big ol' punishment for grabbing it.

These are awesome. I love the push towards higher risks. There are still boring, safe options, but there's a lot more fire to play with in here. And by "fire" I mean Burnout Special. Whoever thought this up was a genius and a fiend.

Hats off to Vagrant Fleet, too. I adore that design.

A good number of mandates represent an improvement. Personally I think Inward Perfection needs more weaknesses to compensate for the fact that being shielded against simultaneous invasions is a big damn advantage.

I like Contagious Assault, but I'd personally increase the number of hexes that can be invaded. But then I really want to see a 'cloudbreaker' mandate. Burnout Special is good. Manifest Destiny is good for rapidly growing factions. So is Grasp the Void.

Vagrant Fleet > Galactic Nomads

Might wanna add the word "must" to Vagrant Fleet's description.

Any specifications on when a Vagrant Fleet can move these hexes? What if another faction is actively working on a Dominion thread and a Vagrant Fleet chooses that moment to "move" into that Hex and insta-claim it?

Can the Vagrant Fleet choose to shift their Hex ownership after an invasion has been declared against said owned Hex?

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Kahlil Zambrano said:

Seems a bit overkill to limit the dom to 1 with the 30 day can't redom a lost invasion rule, on top of the other weakness. Take into account the Contagious Assault, and you can potentially loose a years worth of dominions in three months. I say bring it up to 2, cause otherwise it's just a big ol' punishment for grabbing it.
Except for the amount of work that goes into an invasion. Most invasions themselves for an admin team are a month of ooc work. Limiting to one dom might be a breather. Also you’re assuming the faction choosing this mandate loses.

I also don’t see why you should have an issue with it as you asked that something be done about multiple invasions against a faction. Solution presented. You were heard. I’d count it as a win and say thanks.

[member="Judah Lesan"]

Hey, I was just saying my opinion based on what I think. Sure, I'm grateful that the many folks who had an issue with multiple invasions were given a solution, but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit down and stay quiet if I think something is unfair. Apologies my opinion is different from you.

[member="Judah Lesan"]

Where you see it as kicking a gift horse in the mouth, I and others see it as questioning why we've been given a donkey dressed as a horse. The wonders of opinions!

Question about the Burnout Special though. What happens if the faction does not invade/gets invaded? Simply saying it must doesn't seem like much of a weakness.

Captain Larraq said:
Any specifications on when a Vagrant Fleet can move these hexes? What if another faction is actively working on a Dominion thread and a Vagrant Fleet chooses that moment to "move" into that Hex and insta-claim it?
Can the Vagrant Fleet choose to shift their Hex ownership after an invasion has been declared against said owned Hex?
1. No.
2. No.

Kahlil Zambrano said:
Question about the Burnout Special though. What happens if the faction does not invade/gets invaded? Simply saying it must doesn't seem like much of a weakness.
It loses that Mandate and must choose another. Will clarify.

IMO Droid Army should be nerfed. There's nothing stopping an individual or several individuals from simply making droid characters and allying up with a faction that has that mandate. Perhaps no non-droid characters can be allies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom