Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major faction application - The Hutt Cartel

Sorry this took so long to back to! RL can be a real b**** sometimes. <_<

In short, I'd like to know some more about what your plans are for the faction should it go major.

If you don't feel comfortable revealing this in public then feel free to PM me.

I'd also like to know how you expect the other factions (Silver Jedi comes to mind) to simply leave you in peace operating a criminal empire right on their doorstep. Once you go major you open yourself up to a great many things, but it also means that you cannot really stay hidden anymore. People will know about you, being on the map and all.

I'm not trying to disuade you or anything, just trying to get a clearer picture of how you plan to stay operational with the world knowing about you. :)

[member="Sempra the Hutt"]

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Hello and thanks for getting back to us!

RL can be a b***. Or is it the faked but oh so wonderful digital life of the internet that is such a ***? ;)

Right, onto bussiness:

I see no problems discussing the idea here, it is after all OOC and it might even help folks understand us better.

The location is OOC wise not the smartest location, true. It is picked out of RP reasons alone around the idea that a hutt powerbase would easiest gain support among the worlds that historicly has deep ties (slave species) to the hutts. With a few exceptions pretty much every world with fun hutt ties lie in that corner of the map. It simply makes sense IC to utilize that aspect of the SW mileu.

The cartel is a mean to an end, and the hutts forming up around it dream bout reestblish the ancient hutt Empire. So in that spect we are agressive but apart from the long term goal to take control over the hutt home world of nal hutta (under RR control) we seek to establish the old classical "hutt space" which is fairly unclaimed atm. Apart from that and the worlds with clear historical ties to the hutts we should not be interested in planets controlled by other factions for some time, war is costly and hurts dont spend money unless they have a really good reason.

About the other factions that could oppose us we naturally see a problem if we get stampeeded right away merely because they can. But we hope that above RP reasons might be one buffert for others to ponder on why they would go through the trouble. I figure that others might hesitate to attack those worlds considering its to most "alien culture" and problematic natural ties with the hutts.

We are not coming in totally unprepare for immidete attacks either.
We have tried to set up a fleet and army as good as we can as a minor faction. The plan is not to start warfare with the neighbouring major factions right away. Rather we aim to dominate a few more planets away from those close fctions, such as the silver jedi and the republic but should it happen we have been setting up diplomatic ties with other major factions to gain their support in an eventual conflict. So the idea is that if one attacks us there will be trouble coming from another direction as well.

Did I touch base with your questions or do you need something else?

/Sempra

[member="Lady Kay"]

Freakin thorns! Do you know how irritating it is to grab a thorn in a hutts side? I cant freakin reach it on me own!

*air jabs with his ridicoulus small arms*
jabba-ve-se-novc3a9-nadc49bje-z-roku-1997.jpg

Thank you for so readily answering my questions.

My biggest concern in regards to new major factions is and has always been activity. Just having an amount of unique writers means little if they're not active around the site and within the faction, be it in dominions or in miscellaneous faction threads. Stagnant major factions can and will be looked into by staff eventually.

If you feel confident about your memberbase, then I see no more reason not to allow you major status. If you have a faction rank title ready, please post it here and I will take it to Tefka. Just remember that it will take at least 30 days for it to be added.

[member="Sempra the Hutt"]

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Thank you for the advice. I do feel confident considering the support the faction has gotten so far. I also recognise patient writers in our midst which I know is a necessity to remain activity over time.
While our member base can not be compared to some of the very large factions in here I do belive we have what it takes to manage dominations or other post consuming threads.

Naturally I can not guarantee other wirters activity but it is my belief that we got what it takes to hold ther ship steady over time.

the major faction tag
Huttcartel1.jpg

Thank you for reviewing us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom