Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Light Side writers, do your characters kill?

Does your character kill NPCs/PCs?

• Yes, they kill regularly regardless of justification or if it’s necessary.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Yes, but only if it’s absolutely necessary, such as in self-defense.

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • No, they never kill regardless of the circumstances.

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters
Prefers not to, but sometimes it's self defense. Others it becomes necessary. Slavers and Sith Lords are very unlikely to be given a second chance to hurt more people. A petty criminal is more likely to be reasoned with.

Sometimes exceptions are made. It's a subjective and circumstantial matter. In the ideal situation where they have control, he prefers to prevent casualties on all sides of the conflict. Unfortunately, that doesn't always happen. Accepting that you cannot spare or save everyone, but you can save as many as you can if you put your all into it and make the best judgement calls you can, is part of the job.

Could be taken as making oneself a judge, jury and executioner, which is flawed but in his eyes, after so many years of dealing with different scenarios, it's an unavoidable situation for a Jedi. You have blood on your hands either way. Either you play judge/jury/executioner and kill a guy, or you play pacifist on the wrong guy and he up and murders a few millions.

There is no perfect answer and he understands that. All you can do is be responsible with the role you take.

Last edited:
A man can change his stars
When I first started writing Kale as a Jedi Padawan. the only things he had killed were animals and Rakgouls. Otherwise, he had not killed anyone. However, with the most recent events of the Bryn, the weird situation with the Jedi as well as himself learning about what it means to be a Jedi, is that there are necessary evils in the world. Otherwise there would be no such thing as peace, Love, happiness and whatever have you.

Has Kale killed people? Yes. Does he directly go out of his way in killing them? In very rare circumstances in the case of the most recent Annihilation thread where killing a small number of Leadership, would potentially stop the mass of forces from fighting. If he can't save everyone, then he will save as many as he can.

Definitely situational, but with the situations Audren gets put in the statistical results may appear skewed.

• If someone is standing in his way and not posing an immediate mortal threat there's rarely reason to kill or even necessarily maim.
  • When one on one and the opponent surrenders or against a small group that surrenders as one, he'll stop.
  • If an individual of a group surrenders and the rest of the group doesn't, force (or Force) will be used to knock that individual unconscious and remove the threat while preserving Audren's own safety and those around him.
  • When in the middle of a mixed battle taking the time and effort to capture each individual enemy means friendly lives lost. The option is very unlikely to be offered.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge
Basically when I'm writing Jax, I think of this quote from Bruce Lee: "It's better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war." Battles with Jax is somewhat complicated. He understands the cost of killing and battle but at the same craves it. Still Jax tries his best to avoid fighting and when does he tries to end the battle as efficiently as possible. In many threads, I usually have Jax try to talk the opponent down, but he is a warrior at heart and is not afraid to give in to the thrill of battle. Still when there's an opportunity, Jax would ty to reason with the opponent and have them stand down pointing out that there is no reason to fight.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
There are two things Matsu uses

"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent."

"One must understand something. If you fight and should lose, not only does your future end, but also the future of the one you are trying to protect. Defeat isn't an option for the sword that protects others. You should keep that thought engraved in your heart."

She doesn't seek violence but she is prepared to use it if needed. Nonviolence and deescalation would be preferable but if one has to fight then one should fight to win and protect those who need it.

Tiland never does, although he easily could. He doesn’t really see the point when the biggest and most powerful Sith keep coming back from the dead stronger than before. Incapacitate, yes, sometimes relentlessly, but never kill.

Veino and Aeshi... yeah. They’ve killed lots of people. They shot first, activate hidden lightsaber blades into people’s backs, but only those who could justifiably warrant death. But then, neither one of them are Jedi. Jensaarai and Wardens of the Sky have always been a bit more Chaotic Good than most versions of Jedi, except Luke Skywalker using his power as influence to secure a privately supply of hot chocolate smuggled to him during a shortage.

Firstly, I love it when tons of people reply and say their piece, even though I can't necessarily responding to everyone individually without breaking my brain, I love you all and thank you.

Secondly, while I did mention that the comic book videos about Batman and his "no kill" rule were the inspiration for this poll, I feel like I should point out that Batman is a vigilante who, while he may have friction with the police, politicians, etc of Gotham, still works within the confines of the law, and the law says criminals get a fair trial. Unless they are sentenced to death for their crimes, they get to live, albeit while serving a prison sentence. If Batman the vigilante crime fighter were to kill the Joker instead of turning him over to the police (y'know, the actual law) that friction would explode. Not to mention that if you kill off every villain in Batman's rogues gallery, you would either have to invent new villains constantly, or you'd have to simply end the story of Batman. (Clearly Auteme Auteme is conspiring to kill the comic book industry. I see you have your fingers in everything, young Sith'ari.)

Meanwhile, Star Wars is, well, war... in spaaaaaaaace! War is handled differently. You can't really treat war like law enforcement, and the ethics are definitely different. Putting aside all the Starship Troopers memeing and people who really just want to write cool action scenes where they smash their action figures characters together, the true answer is always going to be "it depends on the circumstances", and there are a lot of different ways it could go. This is why we write.

Last edited:
Basically when I'm writing Jax, I think of this quote from Bruce Lee: "It's better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war."
I have used this quote with Kale quite often in how I would love to portray him. I also use the quote of "Be like Water" for him and Kale's interpretation of the Force. I am very tempted to do some writeups of Kale's "Diary" as a blog so others can see just for the hell of it.

Either way, a lot of people tend to lean on the idea that they should only fight when necessary. And I feel that the thought is skewed on a site like this where there are only so many people you can interact with. Meaning its very likely, a person is going to be in combat quite often. Which means the side of them that shows restraint and pacifism is kind of thrown to the way side for a majority of the threads they may perform.

Be careful what you wish for.
I feel like I should point out that Batman is a vigilante who, while he may have friction with the police, politicians, etc of Gotham, still works within the confines of the law, and the law says criminals get a fair trial. Unless they are sentenced to death for their crimes, they get to live, albeit while serving a prison sentence. If Batman the vigilante crime fighter were to kill the Joker instead of turning him over to the police (y'know, the actual law) that friction would explode. Not to mention that if you kill off every villain in Batman's rogues gallery, you would either have to invent new villains constantly, or you'd have to simply end the story of Batman. (Clearly Auteme Auteme is conspiring to kill the comic book industry. I see you have your fingers in everything, young Sith'ari.)

"I'm not going to kill you, but I don't have to save you." - Batman Begins.

I would also like to point out that he originally DID kill, and kill quite ruthlessly. Only later on it evolved to "... only when no other choice..." It was when the series came to TV (THANKS ADAM WEST!) that he indeed would NOT kill.

"I'm not going to kill you, but I don't have to save you." - Batman Begins.

I would also like to point out that he originally DID kill, and kill quite ruthlessly. Only later on it evolved to "... only when no other choice..." It was when the series came to TV (THANKS ADAM WEST!) that he indeed would NOT kill.
Considering he was trained by Ninjas to Kill, I feel it would, in theory, show restraint and character to be trained on how to kill ruthlessly, and do just the opposite.

Like an Assassin being hired as a Body Guard. Because their job would be to kill someone who has body guards, doing the Body guard job would be fairly easy.

Considering he was trained by Ninjas to Kill, I feel it would, in theory, show restraint and character to be trained on how to kill ruthlessly, and do just the opposite.

Like an Assassin being hired as a Body Guard. Because their job would be to kill someone who has body guards, doing the Body guard job would be fairly easy.

Precisely why Kale too was also trained by Alien Assassins/Ninjas.

Violence and the very act of killing come from a place of fear, passion, rage, and ignorance. Therefore it should be very hard line to walk for a Jedi, not that they shouldn't kill or can't kill but when they do it they should take stock in why they are committing the act.

1. You can kill out of Mercy someone is gravely injured so you put them out of the misery instead of having them continue to suffer. Though in this scenario the person will generally be grateful for the release.

2. You can kill in defense of yourself or others if you know you can not subdue or otherwise stop the attacker.

3. You can kill in war as shown countless times in the book or movies where you don't have an option or way to take a more diplomatic approach. Though usually in these scenarios it's in defense.

Though in the past Jedi who sought war and violence play the aggressor rather then the defender where often severely punished by there order. Example is Revan having his memories erased and the Jedi Exile being severed from the force. It was done because they choose to be the aggressors rather then defenders. A Jedi can kill but should not be an action taken lightly and action out of mercy or in defense of ones self or others.

The Reason Cord turned her back on both sith and Jedi is because she started to see no difference between the two groups both sought to continue there endless war that was tearing the Galaxy apart. Neither group seemed to care about the worlds and coomon people that got harmed in there wake. They no longer sought to train there younglings in the art of diplomacy but only in the art of war. Every sin the Sith have committed so have the Jedi. The only thing that really divides the two groups in her opinion is whose God is superior the darkside or the lightside they are simple divided by religious Ideology. At one time the Jedi felt the war was a last resort now it seem to be the only thing they resort to and far to often are unwilling to put personal grudges aside for the sake of the Galaxy.

Yes Yandi here will kill just because she can, in the most painful and bloody ways she can think of... she makes them suffer!

Under her insanity, Yandi is actually a sweetheart.... but she lost her mind

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom