Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legacy kids and families ~ Thoughts?

So, I wanted to toss this up here to see what people think of legacy characters ( IE second generation characters via family or the like from older chars) and about families.

Like 'em? Hate em?

Wish here were less families? Wish you were in one? Do you like rping siblings? Wish you had one?

Hate it?

Would you rp your own family relation or have another writer write it?

Are you part of a wreath?

Ever written down who you are related you icly and go... geezus O.O?

Or are you happy being the lone ranger there?

Thoughts?

I've tried them a few times, and this is one of the first times a legacy char has really taken off for me. It's probably all thanks to the Brat Pack. Not a lot of fun in writing a young character unless there are others around, as I'm sure [member="Ibaris Varanin-Jacobs"] can attest.

I like it, about as much as I like anything, really, it just hampers my ability to write because I have to depend on the other person, and them on me, to keep the family alive and going. Otherwise it's just two people with names who never interact.

I find it really hard to write characters which are not entirely my own. Even if I write a kid of another character I feel sometimes hemmed in by others, and having to ask permission and such really kills my muse.
So no, I try to avoid it.

Are you part of a wreath?
A...Christmas wreath?

Ibaris Varanin

I
Aye. I love it, myself, but it's the dynasties that start to bug me. The ones that aren't just trees, but wreathes.

I've written my own family relations and the relations of others over the years. I've had others write my character's offspring, siblings, etc. It's fun and I don't feel hemmed in at all.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
As much as I despise children, and have zero muse for it, I love reading them. I think Star Wars is very connected to family (obviously its the story of Skywalker) so making the families and legacies and what not makes a lot of sense. Its why I write most of my characters connected around the Starchaser line.

So yes, keep at it, its a fun read!

Liam Quez

L
I'm technically a legacy character, also I write Spencer who is technically a legacy character in her own rights with the Hawk family. So I'm sure ppl can guess who Spencer is related too :3

I have two. Abaigeal has been around for a while (alt wise) just only really coming back to her development now. But I RPed her from around 3 years old for a little time when mother was in the Repubs.

Second one is Théo Heavenshield. I really love him, having so much fun with him. Again he is 3 years old and about to start training in the force .. entered the Academy on Voss.

So I kinda think the generational RP is good, cool and fun. And sits well within the 'reality' of the way of the galaxy. But I agree with those that have mentioned this, you need a kid to RP with to make it much better.

I'm not sure if it really counts since I have Adenn's brother, Teroch, as one of my characters... But they've still interacted... In the past :p.

I did though, originally have Teroch Gra'tua as Adenn's adoptive father, but I recently changed it to Teroch's mother adopting Adenn into her family, and thus, making him a mando, and Teroch now his brother (I changed the age of course). I have not edited Adenn's bio to state that though, as I really like how it is now and I think if I change it everything will go down in flames :/.

I do have a disliking for families though, even though I was never sure if it was one person or a group of people making one, kriffing, extended family :p.

I've had fun writing Elpsis, [member="Coryth Elaris"]' daughter. Was a bit hesitant at first, partially for the reasons [member="Valiens Nantaris"] mentioned, but it's been great fun writing her and I have not felt hemmed. Props to the writer of [member="Abaigeal E'ron"] for really helping Elpsis' characterisation take off and giving her a great buddy.

As for families in general, I've really enjoyed writing Siobhan as a mother to her two adoptive daughters, Galina Kerrigan-Alcori and [member="Natoline Kerrigan"]. Was an extremely unexpected development for me.

I've typically written my own relations, but I'm very pleased to see how well the Talith line has expanded. Everyone who now writes a Talith really seems to enjoy their role and it's great to watch their characters develop.

For many people that aren't aware because of the different last names, the newest Taliths are all descendants of Lorelei (except of course Kira, who is related by marriage). Talk about legacy characters, we're on PC great-great grand children.

I tend to write my own relations (with the exception of the black sheep cousins) and absolutely love it. I NPC Judah's son, Makai, and its been a fun experience thus far trying to get into the mind of a four year old. It certainly adds a different dimension to both Judah and [member="Thessa Kai"] and there are times the NPC kid is a way to worm into other RPs or give a totally different perspective. He's certainly ended up being the adorable, extremely sheltered, little shadow of his parents.

I recently also created Tobiah Dashiell (aka The Sexy Dashiell) because I wanted a bit more in terms of family floating around. Its also an excuse for more company threads while putting those in a new light. A fresh take. Besides , I really love the Dashiell character set. Its something I have an extremely strong muse for. Might as well go with my gut.

:)

I love the idea of legacy kids. The EU, before it was changed had a slew of them and it kept me interested in the lives of these children as they became the next generation of heroes in their own right. I haven't had a lot of interaction with the families on this site because I haven't been around a long time, but I do know the IC family names enough to appreciate the continuation of their stories. I've always liked the idea of having an offspring to continue writing with, the story possibilities aren't all original, but the fun part is making it seem fresh and exciting.

The Brat Pack for one has been a neat thing to follow, I have no problem saying that I thread stalk their adventures.

Characters like these are fantastic! I just love how families go on just like real ones, how new people are born, and the way they are portrayed. There are some poor examples of that, but there are also the families which are just the best at keeping the legacy going. I'd love to have a character like this some time (well, one who actually stays as a part of the family, unlike this current one).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom