Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jetii delenda est [ Mandalorian Raid of Ossus vs. SJO ]

Allies: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"], Silver Jedi
Enemies: [member="Grim Vizsla"], Mandalorians
Objective: Defend the Temple

Travot tightened the straps on his Lanvorak and briefly regarded it. It seemed almost too quaint and ancient in concept to take into battle. As armor, it offered him only the barest of protection. As a weapon, he doubted it'd do much damage against the hardened and frequently scarred sets of Mandalorian armor that they seemed so fond of. Yet every armor had its exploitable chink, even if it was merely its user. His contemplation came to an abrupt end as the scraggly voice of his roommate, a muscular twi'lekk called out to him.

"The enemy has come in force," muttered the other padawan.

"I've never see them not come in force," said Travot, doing a quick once over his gear.

He quickly double-checked the power of his heavy blaster pistol before joining Rol Kairn just outside the door. The twi'lekk eyed Travot's pistol fora long moment. Travot didn't need to use the Force to know the twi'lekk's feelings towards modern weaponry. The two padawans exchanged knowing glances, the sort of unspoken looks that could almost substitute for actual conversations, as they walked South. But even after months of living together, Travot couldn't read all of he subtle twitches of Rol's lekku, which promptly the large jedi to break the silence as they walked down the halls towards battle.

"Planning to beat the mandos at their own game with that? You're better off just using your saber. You know it better."

"Sometimes there's no substitute for a blaster," said Travot, "at least not on the fringes of civilization where I've wandered."

"This isn't the fringe," said Rol, "but don't worry, I'll be right behind you if you get yourself into too much trouble."

Travot let a subdued smile crease his face,"That is comforting."

The twi'lekk lightly barked a nervous laugh, "I wish I could say the same. I'm afraid that you'll overshadow me today though. You have something that I don't."

"A blaster?"

Rol shot him a bemused look, "There's that...but I was going to say experience."

"Let us hope that this is not the last one I have..."

After the fighting at Hakassi, Audren had determined that the crew of the Tarlanc could use a break. So rather than heading right back to work, or even to a shipyard to effect repairs, they'd gone to Ossus. It might not have been all too much of a vacation spot for those who enjoyed their vacations loud and boisterous, but it was away from the fighting and there were both developed areas and wilderness areas. A place they could relax and catch their breath.

Unfortunately for most of the crew, they were slotted to leave this day. The captain had mandated that they be back on board the frigate by early morning local time, which also happened to be mid-morning under Galactic Standard time. That order didn't hold to his boss though, so while the Jedi was likely asleep on the planet below them the crew was working to restore everything they could to optimal conditions. No jealousy there, none at all.

In spite of their efforts, duty stations were filled, attention was paid to the screens and viewports. As the craft hadn't technically returned to service, the feeds weren't link with those of the Silver Jedi, and they received no advance warning about the invaders. Thus the Orar'uliik craft managed to slip by thanks to their stealth features. It was only once the craft slipped into the atmosphere that an overly-curious sensor operator caught any indication of them...the air currents they disturbed and the ones they caused allowed them to be tracked to some degree. Military-grade sensors began tracking the traces of ionized fuel in the atmosphere, recording the data for later spectral analysis. The alert went up throughout the ship, the captain made a comm call to his boss below, and the craft started warming up for combat.

bDnDU8z.png
Allies: Silver Jedi
Enemies: Mandalorians
Objective: Defend

Audren had already been awake but taking it slow, since it was his last planned day here. The comm call changed that. His own senses confirmed what the call had suggested. The far-off but rising sense of anticipation, the edge of adrenaline, the slight shiver of pending danger on the back of his neck. What was only supposed by equipment and logic was confirmed by the Force.

Enemies incoming.

He went to call alert others present, only to find they were already aware of the situation. By the time he'd suited up - that armor went darn near everywhere with him now - others in the Temple were also fully kitted for the oncoming battle and the drop pods containing Coci and Thurion Heavenshield were making impact on the ground. There was no pervading wrongness of approaching Sith, these enemies were different. He couldn't quite find it in himself to pity them, but they would be facing something different.

The Ossus Temple was still a Jedi Temple, that hadn't changed an iota. The defenses surrounding the Temple however, made the place look almost as if someone had built it in the middle of a military base. The defenses were formidable, put into place by Firemane when they were still working with what had been the Sanctum, and now operated and maintained by the Silver Jedi and the forces aligned with them. Yet the Temple itself was no mere relic, it housed a large number of Jedi, many of which were trained and able to fight via both the Force and more mundane means. He wouldn't be surprised if those in charge hadn't planned for an attack and put together Force techniques to surprise and overwhelm various enemies.

For his part, the Sephi positioned himself near the center of the defenses. A place he could react at need. His armor was worn but in good condition, and most of the weapons he carried had been used time and time again. Thurion would no doubt take command of the defenses, then be hip-deep in the foray himself, so the Master stretched out with the Force. Many other Jedi all across the compound were doing the same, working to detect where the enemy would be coming from and how they would be attacking. Once he sensed something further, or if Thurion wanted a certain order of battle and passed along instructions, he would move.

Allies: Mando'ade { [member="Grim Vizsla"] | [member="Brent Warnel"] | [member="Marcus Lok"] | [member="Dariak Talesa"] | [member="Ronan Vizsla"] | [member="Kami Meran"] | @Neskar A’toll |[member="Verz Horak"] | etc }
Enemies: Silver Jedi Order { [member="Sorel Crieff"] | [member="Draconis Caesar"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Travot Ravenna"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | etc }
Objective: Close the distance.

Vizsla,” Kalad responded curtly as their forces merged, “Sorry we’re late. I just couldn’t decide on what to wear to this little shindig.

Pleasantries delivered, he allowed both him and his troops to lapse into a semi-comfortable silence, broken occasionally by the sound of armoured boots and muttered curses as they traipsed through the Ossus undergrowth. As skilled and as professional as they were, few enjoyed a fully kitted, cross country romp through rugged and wooded terrain.

The Shysa Alor’ad grunted softly in response to the Ronan’s second as they neared the Jetii fortification, the image of those emplacements flashing through his mind once more. “
<<Say what you want about the Jetii, but you can’t deny that they’re resilient. No matter how many times the galaxy has tried to purge them from existence, they’ve always come back swinging. Ain’t too surprising they picked up a thing or two along the way.>>

The Morellian merc sounded almost impressed, and in a way he was. Unlike many of his brethren, Kalad held little grudge with the Jetii or their ilk. As far as he was concerned, they were a worthy advisory – one deserving of a modicum of respect. After all, they were one of the few true remaining measuring sticks the Mando’ade had left at their disposal. That was what this raid was about, was it not?

An image from Jash’s HUD flickered into the lower half of his vision, a PIP livestream of the view from the observation post she and the verd’ika had set up to the north of the fortress. Wordlessly he reached up to tap the side of his helmet, transmitting the feed to the rest of the party and to link in to Recce three. “<<North face looks prettier than the south, but its prime open killing fields between those trees and those walls. Judging by the activity, I think someone tipped our hand ahead of schedule. If you want to slip in, you’re gonna need one heck of a distraction.>>”

A costly one, too, judging from those armaments.

Brent stood up and moved with the other vod as they continued towards the temple. Brent's HUD lit up and he received a basic layout of the temple and the grounds surrounding it. From what he could see just based upon the information he had just received, this would be a hard fought battle. Brent hoped they had brought enough men and supplies to attack this fortress, it was like something out of a nightmare..but a Jedi nightmare. So at least it wasn't ugly.

"Check this," Brent told [member="Marcus Lok"] as he sent him over the scan of the temple and the surrounding area. The scan gave some rough ideas as to where weapon emplacements could be and an estimate of troop strength.

"This is going to be rough, real rough." Brent said to Marcus as they continued to move up towards the fortress.

Brent linked into several other vod's HUD's and saw what they saw. The fortress was enormous, and heavily defended. Reports were coming in there was a shield surrounding the entire mountain, and hundreds if not thousands of troops defending it. Artillery and heavy weapons dotted the landscape, troops moved to and fro getting ready for the battle, and so far no one had attempted a major run at the facility. Nor had they started firing artillery and whatever else they had in there. It was the calm before the storm, of that Brent had no doubt.

"To answer your earlier question though, its been different," Brent said to Marcus as he looked for a likely area to attack, "The skirmish on Mandalore left me...somehow changed. If that makes sense. Being here on this world though, with the other vod, I feel myself becoming who I used to be."

Brent scanned the area and looked at the enemy defenses laid out before him. The fortress was built in a way that it made it nearly impossible to attack from all but a few areas, and those areas were heavily guarded. The roads leading to the temple would be the most heavily guarded, and traipsing through the forests and swamps surrounding the temple would likely lead into other unknown factors. Brent shook his head, this was going to be near impossible unless someone laid out a plan, and quick.

"I don't know about you Marcus...but I think we need a plan. A really good one."

[member="Neskar A'toll"] / [member="Dariak Talesa"] / [member="Grim Vizsla"] / [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] / [member="Kami Meran"] / [member="Ronan Vizsla"] / [member="Kalad Shysa"] / [member="Verz Horak"] / [member="Sorel Crieff"] / [member="Draconis Caesar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Allies: Mandalorians -- [member="Grim Vizsla"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Marcus Lok"] | [member="Ijaat Mereel"] | [member="Causstik Rahn"] | [member="Mac O Shenanigans"] | [member="Kalad Shysa"] | [member="Taryc Ap'Irae"] | [member="Neskar A'toll"] | [member="Dariak Talesa"] | [member="Kami Meran"] | [member="Brent Warnel"]
Enemies: Silver Jedi Order -- [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Draconis Caesar"] | [member="Travot Ravenna"]
Objective: Burn them all.

Ronan whistled once the HUD started feeding him with intel on the fortress. Quite clear that the Jetti had learned their lessons well or at least had contracted out to those who had.

"Peace, vod Grim." He rebuked gently, while studying the encampment. "If we criticize weakness, we must respect strength. This is strength. A question to ponder for another day, whose strength is it?"

There were options aplenty here, but this wasn't Illum. They weren't sneaking up on an unaware enemy- these Jetti weren't aware of their position, yet, but they knew something was coming. The goal now was to move quickly, one direction or another. Because if they didn't, he was quite sure that they'd be overrun and lose the element of moderate surprise.

Before the Vizsla Alor could commit to one idea or another though, Recce Three once again made contact. He listened. Then he nodded.

"Recce Three, you are a go. Take Chakaar and Mirshe with you. One's got experience with unsavory things, the other's a slicer. They will serve you well." They had all picked callsigns prior to this -- the HUD picked them out and linked them to the voices. He had been talking about [member="Neskar A'toll"] and [member="Marcus Lok"] in that order, hopefully their expertise would tip the scales for this little shindig.

"Shysa's right. The Jetti are already staring at every shadow and corner to find us. Recce Three is hitting the South to take out the gun... why don't we draw out the Silvers on the opposite side? Give 'em something to wonder about."

It relied on trust, of course. But that was Ronan in a nutshell, if there was a dangerous mission? He was the first through the brink with no exceptions. A man who tried to avoid the same danger he was sending his men through, wasn't a real man at all.

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEsBYtjsGGI

Before they parted company, the Padawan stumbled and almost fell. Sorel instinctively threw down an arm to steady the young Jedi and when she did, she felt the girl was trembling.

“What’s wrong,” Sorel asked, concern etched into her face, afraid she already knew the answer.

“I don’t know,” the young Padawan responded. “But something is wrong, I just felt it. Do you believe me?”

Sorel smiled wanly. “Yes I believe you. Sometimes the Force warns us. That warning does not always manifest itself in something to be worried about – the future is always in motion. But a warning heeded and not required is better than no warning at all. Be vigilant and you will be fine.”

“I think I’ll run along now.”

Sorel nodded and ushered the Padawan to hurry to her lesson. Sorel had felt it too, or rather an aspect of it. The Force was not always specific in its warnings – and the future was always variable – but she had the gift of Farsight and would often gain vague impressions of events happening in other places or times using the Force. She commonly applied it to combat, allowing her the ability to glimpse moves her opponent would make, as well as outside forces that might affect the battle.

She saw no visions this time, just emotions. Hatred and anger were foremost. And greed. And then suffering.

Sorel headed off down a narrow promenade flanked by more cedrum trees. The path descended to a shallow brook and continued across the water via a zigzag course of stepping-stones. Finally, she reached the entrance to an underground building and entered. She headed down a corridor to the flight control bunker. She could sense the usual dozen Force presences inside, all calm and seemingly focused on the task at hand. Still, she kept her lightsaber ready as the door hissed aside to reveal a huge holodisplay ringed by individual control stations. Floating above the display was an image of the planet Ossus and its moons, along with numerical designators for dozens of artificial satellites.

Sorel’s mind prickled with danger sense. The displays showed that the Force was correct. But given the future was always in flux, she did not focus on the warning lights or proximity alarms – but rather left the bunker and headed where the Force guided her. It was the only thing she trusted at these times, her first Master had instilled that into her from a young age. Sensors can be fooled. Eyes can be fooled. Minds can be fooled. But the Force? That cannot.

Alies all them mando's
enemies. the other guys
objectives figure out what's going on.
Gear. all sharp and pointy.
kami took a deep breath strapped on her helmet blinked as the hud popped in to view.
Under the helmet she was a different person. " i have Lyth on rout with 10 of my new inventions to anyone who is interested." she croaked
slightly unsteady.
but that was more Adrenalin she wanted to get in to her domain. off the ship an running.

Allies: [member="Ronan Vizsla"], [member="Kami Meran"], [member="Brent Warnel"], [member="Kalad Shysa"], [member="Marcus Lok"], [member="Neskar A'toll"], [member="Dariak Talesa"], [member="Grim Vizsla"], Mandalorians
Enemies: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"], [member="Sorel Crieff"], [member="Audren Sykes"], [member="Travot Ravenna"], [member="Draconis Caesar"], Silver Jedi
Objective: Have some good-natured fun.

It was nothing personal. At least, not really. Keira had warned the Jedi there would be some kind of retribution, and although this raid wasn't in the name of any particular cause, it was retribution nonetheless. The Mandalorians had landed in force, though no attack had been made just yet. They were still scoping out their target and determining the most effective way to strike, and that was all the better for her, being a bit late to the party. Lately she had had more free time than she liked to admit with the Crusaders growing silent, but it had still taken making the proper arrangements to find herself a break in her schedule that allowed an excursion to Ossus. And now that she was there, she was glad she had taken the time to come.

Even before she landed her signature in the Force had been kept under wraps, something that prevented other sensitives from detecting her presence but in turn not allowing her to utilize the ethereal until she released her hold. It was a precaution that needed to be taken with the company they were dealing with, but once the battle was joined that fact would change quickly. "You should have just brought an ysalamir."
With her helmet on and the annunciator silenced, the conversation between herself and the AI was nonexistent to any others. "That would have drawn attention, and we both know it."
"It wouldn't have hurt. Regardless, you're approaching the position of the other Mandalorians. You're transmitting a friendly IFF, not to worry."
"It would have hurt when they felt the void in the Force and knew we were here. But thank you, Thalia."
"Thanking me, that's a new one. Before you ask, I'll keep an eye out, as always."
A crooked smile. "Udesii. Don't get used to it."
"Believe me, I know."

Her pace in approaching the vode was slow enough so as not to raise alarm if they hadn't already been notified of her presence, and she maintained a certain stealth that came naturally to the lot of them. A clicking of her back teeth and the comms were activated, "Sorry for being late to the party. Warmarshal Keira Ticon, at your service." Despite speaking to her brothers-in-arms her attention was drawn entirely to the temple, scanners of her own looking it over and relaying any pertinent information. A low, admittedly impressed whistle resounded in the confines of her helmet, and she spoke half to herself, half to Thalia, and to the other Mandalorians present as well, "Looks like the Jetiise finally got their heads out of their shebs." This was a far cry from what she had encountered on Voss, and she was looking forward to it.

"The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot. There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim." - Gen. James Mattis, USMC

Then,

When word of trouble reached Arisa's ears on Klatooine, the Watchman scrambled a quick reaction force to relieve her Jedi compatriots on Ossus. Meanwhile, patrols were increased throughout the Si'Klaata cluster by the Silver Navy and the Klatoonian military, their compliment of vessels including special patrol frigates that could pick out most stealth vessels without much trouble. This was on top of the vast sensor network erected by Sasori and the Silver Jedi, covering the entirety of Silver Space.

In less than 20 minutes, Arisa and her units were ready to go. In her power armor, she strutted up the loading ramp of her ship with a large case under her arm, containing a small armory's worth of weaponry. She had no idea what to expect on Ossus, so she had brought a little bit of everything from her personal store. A gleaming gunmetal lightsaber hilt was stuck to her chestplate by mag-lock, but the iconic weapon of the Jedi was often one of last resort for the soldier.

​As her flotilla slipped into hyperspace to begin the journey to Ossus, she continued prep with commanders in the hanger of her flagship.

​"We've been receiving reports from Aegis base on an uptick of strange surface activity. This coincided with bursts of Cronau radiation detected above Ossus a short time before. Given the pattern of these particular events, and our recent run-ins with the Mandalorians, it's safe bet to say we're dealing with our lovely neighbors. By the time we're there, we should know for certain"

​"There isn't much going on at Ossus, so we can assume their target will be the temple and Aegis. However, our primary responsibility will be to cover the settlements in concert with local Ranger units, and to establish air superiority."

​"As always, remember that our targets are the insurgents, and not the settlers or each other. Taking down an enemy isn't worth it if means killing one of our own in the process. That's a good way to make more. We are nothing without discipline."

​"We have some time before we reach the sector. We need to make sure our gear is in order and our men are ready to deploy the instant we hit the system. Dismissed."

​There was an exchange of salutes, then her commanders dispersed to address their units throughout the hangar. The Watchman busied herself with some calibrations of her shattergun - by far her favorite weapon - while checking in with Aegis base. She looked over their rosters to see who was present on the planet, among the names, she picked out Sorel. Since her brief time in Silver Space, the two Jedi had become fast friends. It gave her some relief know that such a capable person was there on Ossus, but also some growing anxiety at the back of her mind. A selfish part of her wished Sorel hadn't even been there in the first place. She had accepted the Jedi life, which was one of sacrifice, but she was not immune to the pain of loss that came with the death of those she held dear. They would always be with her in the Force, but that wasn't quite the same thing as having them at her side. She would hope for the best, and see that they both stuck around a little longer to share another pot of tea.

The Jedi Temple on Ossus was something unlike the hidden Outpost; it stored beauty to be seen by many eyes, sounds to be heard by many ears and knowledge to be taught for the future generations. The building stood tall and proud to give shelter to the Jedi. In a way, it showcased what a truly Jedi was.

A deep sigh rang in the decently empty hangar bay. The young Cathar left her own shuttle, her low heels clicking on the pure white tiles. The shuttle she arrived in was in a terrible state, but then again her flying skills were terrible as well. She was sent towards Ossus to aid the Silver Jedi with her healing knowledge: "to avoid more deaths" her former Master claimed with a straight face. Her padawan Xena was supposed to join Kheera along but she hasn't located the young girl yet. It didn't worry Kheera too much, Xena always landed on her feet.

More clicks followed as Kheera approached the main hall of the Temple. A group of younger Jedi was discussing the Jedi code but they directly stopped once they noticed Kheera. It must've been an odd sight, a small Cathar with pink dyed hair. With an awkward smile, Kheera bowed her back elegantly towards Jedi, her hands hidden in her slightly oversized sleeves.

"Greetings, young Jedi" She spoke with a warm voice towards them. The Jedi blinked and gave her a small nod.

I wonder, is this how the Silver Jedi greet each other? She thought to herself as she continued her steps. Kheera couldn't find a lot of information about the Silver Jedi on her way to the temple, she only knew that she had to meet them on Ossus. But nobody was too young to learn and the same counted for Kheera. She was going to learn their way at the end of the day.

It was supposed to be a calm and relaxing day. Meet the Jedi, get shown around and learn more about their ways. The Temple was in harmony and so was Kheera. What could've possibly gone wrong? That's when something in the Force spoke to her. The Cathar placed her paw against her temple as the air was drawn out of her lungs, her body trembling just the slightest. It was a quiet voice without words yet it told her that something was going to happen. Unspoken words that showed pain, agony, hatred and fear.

Draconis Caesar

D
I awoke with a start. A bandage rapped itself around my ribs and my back no longer burned. Still it ached. Bruised maybe. I looked around frantically "I must warn the Grand Master," I said with urgency. The only other man in the room rested his hand on my shoulder. "Relax son, he's here," My muscles seemed to uncoil and I felt a great burden lift from my shoulder.

The grizzled sargent gave me a weighing eye "We're no Jedi healer, but the Doc's good at what he does," The sargent crossed his arms "Can you fight sir?" I flexed my arms a bit "Without a doubt," I said. Armor and battle robes lay atop a chair at the end of the bed. I threw my legs over the side of the bed and walked to the chair.

I donned my armor and put the robes over the durasteel plates. "Where is your squad and where are we needed?" I asked the man. "The squads out in the hall. The south gun has spotted the odd scout. We believe they will attack there," The sargent said curtly. I nodded to the man and we left the room. There I was met by four more grizzled soldiers. Vets of the attack on Voss probably. A man with a corps man's insignia addressed me. "You'll be needing this sir," He said as he extended his hand and gave me my lightsaber. "Thank you corps man," I said as I took my lightsaber. This was an atachment of my own self, I had no clue what i'd have done if it had been lost..

Allies: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"], Silver Jedi
Enemies: [member="Grim Vizsla"], Mandalorians
Objective: Defend the Temple

// Outer Rim Territories \\
Auril Sector, Adega System, Ossus
A meteor shower would be passing through the Adega system.

A great grouping of dark objects wreathed in flames, spiraling through the beleaguered system with unwavering purpose towards the idyllic world of Ossus. To all but the most dedicated of sensors they appear as nothing more than rogue celestial objects, a handful of millions all plundering their way through the cosmos, but the truth was far more sinister than any would initially suspect. Many of these objects would inevitably burn up in Ossus' atmosphere as they passed through it, charred hunks of rent and slagged metal cascading through the air as the empty compartments were torn asunder by the conflagration of entry, but those whose compartments were strategically built to withstand such intense scrutiny would hold out as they continued to descend through the clouds to the clustered forests below.

They landed to earth with a tumultuous eruption of dirt, stone, and tree as the land for several meters around the zone of impact was thrown into upheaval. Trees were knocked back with the concussive force of a hurricane, albeit one that lasted for a fraction of a second, and the land buckled beneath the pressure. The pod, however; remained mostly unscathed as the shock dampeners absorbed most of the impact from the fall, rendering the living cargo within unharmed. The four sides of the pod would explode off of their hinges, leaving only the skeletal frame behind as the various figures within emerged into the light of day.

The first to emerge was a veritable mountain of a man, his muscular frame and imposing stature coming in at a staggering two-point-oh six meters and covered with a macabre suit of gray-green armor that shone dully in the light of Ossus' suns. Dark eyes glared out at the forest behind a horned helmet, and a chortle broke the silence as his compatriots gathered around behind him.

"The last time I was on this world the Empire was disgraced by humiliating defeat. Now the wolves of Mandalore have been let loose upon it, and the Jedi rush to quell the flames of war." He took several steps forward, his head inclined to the skies as he reached out tentatively to seek out the one that he sought above all others. "He is here, I can sense him... I can smell him... He knows not what is to be wrought, and by the end of this day he will truly know the taste of defeat."

The battle had not yet begun, so there was no reason for Darth Carnifex, Dark Lord of the Sith, to play his hand too early. The forest was their greatest ally, their greatest refuge, and they would bide their time until the flames of war raged out of control.

Then they would strike, and [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] would suffer.

Ossus

While chaos raged below amidst the raid of the Mandalorians so too did they above Ossus. A meteor shower raining millions of dark rocks down into the planets atmosphere, most burning up and breaking into pieces swiftly upon their entry. But one of these objects in all appearances looked like the rest, except it was wholly different. Manmade and reinforced to handle entry into the atmosphere its shaking frame and fire engulfed hull kept its inhabitants safe, holding out until it descended right into the lush forests of green that covered Ossus's surface. Its crash was hard and violent smashing trees to pieces and carving a path through the grassy earth.

Just as it was violent so was it brief the pod swiftly stopped, its sides popping off while individuals began stepping from its depths. In its wake bellowed radiant auras of dark side energy like a swirling hurricane, thickening the very air around the mountain of a man who stepped out. [member="Darth Carnifex"] the Black-Iron Tyrant, Dark Lord of the Sith a mountain of a man once more walked the surface of Ossus. "The last time I was on this world the Empire was disgraced by humiliating defeat. Now the wolves of Mandalore have been let loose upon it, and the Jedi rush to quell the flames of war." The dark lord spoke as he looked to the skies.

A second behemoth emerged from the pod, a Dark Titan clad in a set of scarred and wicked black battleplate, a blue tabard hanging from his waist with a cerulean phoenix emblazoned on swept up next to the Tyrant. "He is here, I can sense him... I can smell him... He knows not what is to be wrought, and by the end of this day he will truly know the taste of defeat." The Dark Lord once more spoke his voice beguiling the rumbling anger and eagerness that boiled beneath the surface. The second behemoth spoke then his deep voice mechanized through the annunciator of his spiked helmet "We will hunt him, we will find him where he hides and we will break him. Before the wolves of Mandalore and the dregs of the Jedi we will break the Thane of Midvinter."

The hunt for [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] began.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

The Scar of Ilum sat right by the shore, landing gear sunk six inches in the dirt. Earlier this morning, the freighter had afforded Mara quite a bit of shade. Now she was well on her way to baking, at least the bits of her that were out of the water. She floated on her back, eyes shut, breathing through her nose as water slopped around the corners of her mouth. From time to time she adjusted her balance with her splayed arms. She'd been here, meditating on the Force, for quite a while. A longtime friend of certain Silver Jedi, but not member enough to go inside the temple proper, she'd come here in search of clarity. Clarity eluded her, as it had ever since Ilum. If she was being honest with herself, she'd been at war longer than that, ever since the friendly fire incident on Lameredd.

The Silvers' reputation had promised some kind of tranquility. Hot tubs had been mentioned. But the Force whispered that all was not right, and in any case she'd been meditating for hours like this in the lake. Passages from They Call Us All Traitor stuck in her mind as tightly as they ever had while she was writing them. She warred against resentment, fear, even the seeds of hate -- but sometimes that warfare felt halfhearted. Her old Jedi teachers, Aleidis and the Yavin people, had urged her to seek universal compassion. Did universal compassion apply to the deliberately evil? Like, say, Mandalorians?

The problem appeared insoluble, even though the solution seemed easy, or at least straightforward: give up her feelings, find peace. But the scars of Lameredd and Ilum, internal and external, kept reminding her that some evils didn't care how you felt about them. They'd just keep doing their thing, and laugh. Laugh like the Mandalorians who'd cut down Padawans in the crystal caves while she watched helpless. Laugh like the-

She blotted those thoughts from her mind and swam back to shore. In the Scar of Ilum's shadow, she pulled herself up the rocks and onto dry land. Her swimsuit was a decorous black one-piece that would have made the Zeltron half of her ancestry raise a collective eyebrow in disapproval. It was durable, though, strong enough to resist the rough edges of the rocks even if she bruised beneath the fabric. She toweled off, watched starships wheel in the sky not far from here.

Something was wrong. Her pain would have to wait.

A small, secret part of her hoped it was Mandalorians again. Another temple raided, her warnings ignored in favor of appeasement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlN9jdQFSc​

It didn't matter the scum of Clan Vizsla led this raid. It mattered little, in truth, about any of the reasoning. [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] was an insufferably arrogant type for his recent behavior snubbing those supposed to be allies. And without a single apology when the message was clear that the slight was not welcomed or received well. And now? They raided Ossus, and Ijaat was there. Pride would bring the upjumped Thane to Ossus, and pride would send him to humiliation and defeat at the hands of the one he had offended. Before? He had admired the man as one leader to another but now was a rather different picture.

Little there was of desire to kill, but a grim determination radiated from the Mandalorian. The Force might be a less familiar ally to him than Heavenshield, but it wasn't like he needed it to stand on par with the Jedi. He had before and likely would again kill Jedi, before he could sense and touch the Force. A few probably reckoned in Thurions' league. Hard fights, true, but they had been won. And Ijaat aimed to humiliate the man, to humble his pride in a way the petulant Lord might not quite understand, but would restore Ijaats' own standing and face. And if the space-viking-turned-somehow-sophisticate was too squirmy, more blood on his hands didn't bother him.

Striding forward, Ijaat unlimbered his hammer from the sling and couched it on his shoulder, his Shacklebolt rifle scanning in one hand, and a trusty keldabe cannon on his back yet and DE-10 at the hip, and various other equipment about him. It was good to be off the damn ship, even if it had gotten them in undetected except by the likes of a cosmic miracle and still they would be gone well before help could even weigh anchor and begin transit to them. He just didn't like how cramped those things were to him. Even if maybe his hammer was more the fit issue than the size of the boat. Walking forward towards the presence he could vaguely feel in his mind that he assumed would be Thurion, as it had just appeared, he whistled a hunting tune about a bear going over a mountain.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Darth Carnifex"]

Ossus

Objective: Defend the Temple at Aegis Base.
Allies: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | @All Silver Jedi and Allies.
Enemies: [member="Darth Prazutis"] | [member="Darth Carnifex"] | @Mandalorians

Form a line and get ready to ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbnoyF_y1sg​

One single bead of sweat trailed down her cheek as the pod plummeted toward the ground, her stomach in turmoil threatening to abort it's contents as the shuddering began and violent in it's protest at the rude descent to the ground. She felt trapped in his metal coffin, ships are one thing, but pods she hated with intensity but one saving grace was with her this trip, her husband. Had he not been there for support, it was sure she would have jumped out. Her hand gripped with the hold of death, her knuckles white with it, and as the nerves passed something else replaced them. Pure anger, and her black eyes turned even blacker.

She had not said a word the entire trip, unable to form any in those moments until the pod hit the ground and the doors opened. The air of Ossus entered her lungs and it was like taking breath for the first time .. a rebirth and immediately she felt at ease but it had not quelled the anger in her. Why are they being attacked?, the Sith she could understand as the age old conflict continued, but the Mandalorians made no sense to her regardless of what they might say. But so be it .. they have shown their hand and have befriended the Sith it seemed... again.

"Yeah, nothing to worry about", Coci even allowed a grin to form on her lips as the tight hold of Thurion's hand lightened from the death grip. Her head turned skyward, seeing many ships in entering the atmosphere, one in particular descending at an alarming rate and disappearing into the surrounding jungle. I was not a Silver Jedi pod, and the force told her just who it was inside, both her and her husband would know the stench of that signature anywhere. The occupants of the that pod would not only have to find them but face the attack of the jungle itself, there is much more here on Ossus then the Temple and the surrounding defenses, and with the disturbance of the giant trees their destruction on entry created, the large sticky Ossus tree frogs, fell and showed the Sith Lords and all that walked the jungle floor.

In orbit, approaching Ossus
Allies: Anti-SJO people
Enemies: SJO

Ossus. It had long been a Jedi holy world. Yet time and again it had been stained with blood. The Cron Supernova devastated it during Exar Kun's rampage across the Galaxy. The first incarnation of the One Sith's sabotage of the Ossus Project sparked an Imperial-Sith invasion of the Galactic Alliance, culminating in Jedi being slaughtered upon this very world. Many, many centuries later, the Sith Empire's downfall had begun when Halcyon's Jedi Jihad wrested control over Ossus from them. Now blood would be spilt once more, for such was the way of the universe. The strong do as they will, and the weak suffer what they must.

With barely a ripple, Archangel's Eidolon-class stealth fighter emerged from the tunnel of hyperspace and moved through the vastness of space, approaching the planet. The stygium array and other sophisticated stealth systems should make the sleek craft nigh impossible to detect. Of course, once the small craft pierced the planet's atmosphere things might be a bit different. Then again, it seemed Ossus was being struck by what appeared to be a meteor shower.

The craft had a single occupant. The Eidolon contained minimal life support, so the aforementioned occupant wore a breath mask. Though she was more machine than human woman, she was still organic. Her mechanical masters had not been able to fully remake her in their image, lest she lose her ability to call upon the powers of the ethereal realm.

The eyes of Enyo Typhos were cold while she steered her craft. Her face was viciously scarred and still bore the burns of Korriban City. Once, she'd been able to pass as her sister, but now that would not be possible anymore. Her flesh and blood body had failed, so her broken limbs had been replaced with mechanical ones. She felt stronger, faster, more durable...and yet empty and hollow inside. Her cold fury gave her focus.

Korriban City. She kept the memory of the city being torched by hellfire close to hear, letting it feed her cold fury. Yes, keep your anger close to you, the inner voice said. The voices had become more and more frequent since she awoke in Archangel's laboratory after being rebuilt. The clone's jaw tightened. She had been there when a Silver commander bombarded the city. She'd been broken. This might be the moment for someone more capable of self-reflection to point out that while what had happened there was tragic, the clone was not exactly in a position to be judgemental since she consorted with war criminals and had participated in atrocities. Self-righteousness was a serious condition that was difficult to treat.

The clone wore armour equipped with an ionisation buffer and carried a somewhat excessive amount of firearms and explosives. In that regard, the enhanced strength her cybernetics granted her was an asset. Her breathing was an incessant, mechanical rasp that made her sound like a bad Vader clone.

This was, strictly speaking, not an official Archangel mission, but she did not care that much. With Ossus apparently under attack, an opportunity had presented itself. An opportunity to gain a measure of revenge. To hone herself and train for the day when she'd break Siobhan Kerrigan. For just a moment she wondered whether her 'sister' would be on the battlefield. Technically she was a Mandalorian, but her corporation was based in SJO space. Or perhaps she was busy indulging in debauched acts with her harem girls in her pleasure palace. It mattered not, the pompous Firemane would receive her just punishment soon enough. The starfighter slipped through the atmosphere and made its way towards the surface.

Allies: Sith [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Darth Prazutis"] [member="The Rusted Queen"] [member="Darth Abyss"] [member="Darth Ignus"] [member="Kevros Kovani"] [member="Phax"]
Enemies: Jedi & Mandalorians
Objective: Wait for the signal.

Idling a micro jump out from Ossus, the Femme Fatal waited patiently, a YT-2400 freighter on its port side. in its control centre, Anaya fen sat on a raised dais, watching the display enlarged before her while her Captain paced beneath quietly rumbling orders. In all her life, Calina couldn't remember such a determined glint in her mothers eye, she had a focus that Calina couldn't recall er ever having before. What had happened while she was gone? No doubt her father had something to do with it. But beyond speculation, she had no idea, and nor would she anytime soon. Their communication was limited to information that was required, short answer and long glares into the backs of heads. Mainly Anaya's.

"Calina." The young knight stepped from the shadows and moved along side her mother. "Prepare the transports and wait for the jump."

Calina inclined her head. "As you wish." She turned on her heel to go, bug red fingers snaked out to curl around Calina's wrist. She looked down to find her mother looking intently at her. "As you wish, what?" the question was quiet but it sent ripples of fury cascading through Calina. Anaya was not her master, nor was she above her. Some eyes dared to flick their way, and Calina knew she had to bend the knee for the sake of public appearances. Not because she didn't want anaya's reputation to suffer, but because the idea of being publicly tortured for outright disrespect was not a pleasant one. They were in an Order, after all, some hierarchy had to be followed, it was no longer about the war between mother and daughter, but about the bigger picture.

"As you wish, my Lady." she said with a stiff bow, lowering her gaze. Soon, I can forgo such things and strip you of your life. Anaya released her wrist and sat back in her chair as Calina strode from the centre and headed for the hangar bay. Already, the infiltration team would be on route, all they had to do was wait. Two men fell into step with her along the way, a silver case in each of their hands. The last four vials that Anaya had manged to get her hands on.

And it was Calina's job to see it dropped on everyone's head and lay the Jedi Temple to waste.

Allies: [member="Calina Ovmar"] [member="Darth Carnifex"] @Darth Prazitus [member="The Rusted Queen"] [member="Darth Ignus"] [member="Phax"] [member="Kevros Kovani"]
Enemies: Jedi and Mandos
Objective: Get onto Ossus surface unnoticed
Gear: In Bio

It was almost a surprise that the freighter Abyss was on made it through the hyperspace jump, and as soon as the ship returned to real space he could hear the sounds of alarms set of by the many, many defect or malfunctioning systems of the ship. It was basically a wrack drifting through space and towards the planet below, nothing more then a piece of space scrap that had been left behind long ago to all those curious eyes set on it. As soon as the ship finished the jump he turned of anything, including the live support so the wouldn't have any energy signature at all. A small, personal energyfield was all the kept him away from death, but it had to be enough.

It wasn't like he had time to over think his situation, then as soon as he would pass through the atmosphere he had to be braced for impact. It was a bold plan, but he had done crazy things before, and fear was a emotion the sith lord almost had forgotten about.

The noise when a part of the ships outer shell was ripped apart on contact with the atmosphere was deafening, but when fire began to break out all over the ship, Abyss actually felt relief. Fire meant that he got through the atmosphere, and that at least some part of the ship was still there to fall down on. He had calculated both his jump and his impact on the surface so he could roughly plan where exactly he would "land." He had chosen a position quite a distance below the target, so he had enough room to emerge from the wrack unnoticed. Stealth was the key for the mission he was tasked with, and he would rather walk a bit longer than going in hot from the start.

With nothing but the force guarding him Abyss jumped out of the burning ship around ten meters before it would crash on the ground. He was neither athletic nor overly skilled with the use of protective force, so this would hurt quite a bit. But pain was inevitable either way and in the end it would only fuel his desire for both blood and survival.

As his feet touched the ground Abyss pushed all his momentum in roll forwards, gliding over the ground until hid body hit the surface with a loud bang. nothing was broken, but it had been a rough landing. Yet unfazed the sith lord rose to his feet, already moving away from the burning ship that could give away his position. Now he had just to unite with the others send to Ossus, so they could start their real mission.

OBJECTIVE: Investigate the crash site of [member="Darth Abyss"]

Mara padded up the Scar's ramp and brushed her sandy feet against her calves, then snagged a towel from a compartment. Before she could do more than trade her swimsuit for shorts and a loose shirt, though, an alarm started beeping in the cockpit. Normally she traveled with a good-sized, highly competent crew, but she'd come here alone. Maybe the alarm had been going on for a while. She recognized the sound by tone and pattern: the built-in droid brains had identified a major starship accident. One of those ships she'd spotted overhead had apparently crashed.

She slipped into the pilot's seat and began running through an abbreviated preflight in case she needed to bail on short notice. Sensors indicated the crash wasn't far away. A little juice to the repulsors bobbed her cockpit up over the trees, far enough to see the trail of smoke and more. Sensors and eyes picked out anomalies here and there, mainly but not exclusively south of Aegis Base. An apparent meteorite impact, a small armed landing -- other things, all at once. Her breath hissed between her teeth. She settled the Scar down again, under cover of the trees, and initiated lockdown on her way out of the cockpit. She threw her long coat over her shorts and shirt, then snagged her mare's-leg and lightfoil. That would have to be enough.

Oh, and shoes.

Relying on instinctive navigation, a strength of hers, she jogged into the jungle. Maybe the crash survivors needed help; maybe they needed neutralization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom