Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jedi High Council

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
Actually as I recall he got rid of the rank because he wanted it to be just the masters. Currently we have no master of the order he is the battlemaster

Carn Dista

C
Moto can be quite beneficial at times, depending on the situation the Order is in and the general health of the active roster. GM is definitely something we should only be looking at in times of need, or if the council starts to butt heads and fail to come to solid decisions.

Major Faction

Syn

Darron can't be it I believe because he is an admin. Or well if he isn't a faction admin maybe. The only other really active master are Me and me with Matsu the majority are getting back into or like Carn are new and finding the groove. For now we should leave the position vacant or have an NPC grandmaster if we really need it since I am content with being where I am

@[member="Darron Wraith"] is the most capable person of taking the position in the Jedi Order currently. Problem is, he's Staff. He can't be a faction admin and refuses to take Grandmaster because of it.

Neither Matsu or Syn would work IC, for obvious IC reasons.

Je'gan is gone.

Ben Watts is gone.

Aleidis Ijet is gone.

Who do we have left that is capable of taking leadership IC?

Carn Dista

C
Again, I'd like to straight up veto the idea of NPC council members, or NPC grandmasters. While it would be lovely to have all the positions filled, there's not much point until the order (and the faction) grows into a higher state of activity.

Tavjurn Phil

T
I'd like to mildly suggest that Faction Owner Ben Watts be consulted here before moving forward. As Faction Owner, his input and moderating skills would prove to be invaluable.

Due to his temporary absence perhaps this discussion is best left to simmer, without any actions taking place. Otherwise the other Faction Admins, working together, can make a decision in Ben's absence. Understandably, with the blessings and patience of the Faction Community. The Jedi Order has and will continue to evolve to meet the demands of it's members. Though it is not always a speedy process.

2 cents. At your leisure. Always yours, *wink*

- JSC

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Ben hasn't talked in a long time... he was supposed to die on the archives raid thread but he is having health issues last I heard. As much as I love him consulting him may not be a full option

Tavjurn Phil

T
I see. In the absence of a Faction Owner, the other Faction Admins can make decisions together. Including and not limited to, removing him as Faction Owner by submitting a request to the Board Owner, Tef. Absence and Health Reasons are perfectly acceptable. When he returns in good health, he may resume his privileges at his leisure.

If the current Faction Admins choose this route. Now or in the future? Please remember to include a new Faction Owner when appealing to Tef of which the Faction can be transferred to.

I should note that I do not support nor deny the relevancy of such an action. It is always better that the remaining Faction Admins work together to create solutions for the members of their community. Only that such an option be presentable.

Thanks. I'll shut up now. :D

I added this: When the position is vacant, members of the Jedi High Council shall nominate someone on the Jedi High Council requiring a second. Then, there will be a vote of the nominees among all members of the Jedi High Council. The nominee with the most votes becomes the Master of the Order. If there is a tie in voting, there shall be a runoff election of just the tied candidates.

If anyone has an opinion on that, feel free to post it.

Next item of business: going back to the headquarters of the Jedi High Council. This discussion happened a bit earlier and I decided to wait for Darron's input. However, he isn't talking. What's everyone else's opinion on this?

As for the faction admin stuff, since it's off topic:
I made Joshua DragonsFlame the owner of the Faction and demoted Aleidis Ijet and Ben Watts to members.

Major Faction

Syn

The headquarters for the jedi high council by canon should be coruscant. It provides them proximity to the chancellor for business or meetings. A finger on the pulse of the republic senate... a pulse mind you not a hand in. We can and should be able to do more from there.

Though Tython also can send a message that we are not going to be involved which might be needed for now after all that has happened ICly. I am honestly fine with either place but would prefer Tython over Coruscant.

At the moment, I named the headquarters as Tython.

For the last thing, I'd like to hash out what the Grand Master and Master of the Order actually do - that way someone doesn't go crazy or has no idea what to do.

Looking at canon, the Grand Master served as a spokesperson and representative rather than an executive. He/she also served as an adviser to the Supreme Chancellor. I can't find many instances of where the Grand Master makes decisions without the input of the Council, and the Council also had the ability to remove the Grand Master from power if he/she went overboard. Basically, he served as the voice of the order and held great respect, but he wasn't a dictator that could act without support.

There isn't much I can find on the Master of the Order, but I imagine that he would be one of the people that can officially call the Gathering and decide on the topic of the meeting. More than that might go against the point of having all members of the Council standing equal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom