Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Ironmonger Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
dfmo6er-79681f40-af60-4e80-8168-acb5b6dcdf94.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Unit Name: Ironmonger Division
  • Affiliation: Ayumi Pallopides Ayumi Pallopides
  • Classification: Mechanized Infantry
  • Description: A nearly defunct group within the Republic military, mothballed and almost forgotten except by some of the older members. The group wasn't a secret but rarely if ever in use after the Second Invasion of Manaan against the One Sith. Before that it saw use at the first Battle of Manaan remaining on planet in Ahto City in a warehouse with replacement parts and equipment. The battle of Coruscant against the Dark Harvesters mutated and infected rancor. The battle against the Firebreathers on Mimban with Sky saw their use to fight the large and dangerous vongspawn. At the Republics return to Mimban and working with Suravi the senator from Denon Ayumi brought it out of mothballs with some of the older model armor and equipment. Two heavy assault transports with troopers and two Titan's are deployed around a long range cannon. The promary goal of it to find a nice spot for optimal shelling and they have been given four anti air vehicles for protection from fighters and drop ships. As a division unit within the Galactic Republic it is very rare and small to see on the battle field. Its main goal is to be off in the distance preparing for bombardment.
COMBAT INFORMATION:
Strengths:
  • New Generation: Using the advanced new generation biots, the Ironmongers have force users among their ranks able to use techniques like protection bubble and protecting the biots from mental aattacks.
  • Technologically Advanced: Able to grow their unit back to full strength through biot technologies they can replace and reprogram as needed cutting down time between uses that cause damage to the unit itself.
Weaknesses:
  • Specialized: Not designed to be a rapid response force the Ironmongers are heavy infantry made to occupy.
  • Tank Bred: Using different generational Biots as its main force. Replacement of them requires time to grow them and optimally train them.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Created in the old republic, the Ironmongers were a division of armored vehicles and droids originally and they served well enough... but when the Republic fell production for their equipment went by the wayside as repairing much of it was harder and harder. So it was replaced as Sasori and the Silver jedi expanded with Ayumi privately maintaining it as a unit within Upcity that served like a personal protect for her offices. With the invention of Sasori's materia it became slightly easier as Ayumi could replace parts but by then most of the unit had been expanded to include the shard bodies that were made for the jedi and the aptly named Ironmonger class walkers... which were massive bodies for the shards to use and be able to serve as iron knights. Iron maiden biot bodies and some of the new generation project biots which were experimental force user biots. They still brought in equipment that was designed to improve their mobility but the unit could now be deployed in upcity or other operations that the silver jedi required.

Last edited:
[member="Ayumi Pallopides"]

I keep looking at this and for a super secret organization it seems to be lacking a lot of back story and history. I'd like to see it expanded on. Were there any threads mentioning this unit? Alluding to? What did they do before this point? Were they a once proud organization or always kept in shadows? Whats training like? How does one know to join or who gets picked to join?

Overall, I'd like to see a much larger description and possibly a dev thread, depending on what your new write up is.

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Secret Organization? In the shadows? I don't understand this as they are not secret or an organization. Just an armored unit slightly modified as on Manaan in the invasion there were maybe a dozen titan's themselves without support. They were also used before the great wipe at the dominion of Mimban and Coruscant during Dark Harvest before the thread died to try and fight the zombie rancor but I wouldn't call those dev threads and they were never a secret. This is to get a unit and some of the often overlooked useful things within the Republic back out there for the newer members to try.

It still seems like you mean a secret organization. I would clarify this to "long forgotten or long lost division" to help clarify as I wasn't the only one who thought this.

Secondly, as I review the submissions over for the Titan droids.

To be frank, I have no intention of having any more than two of these units on active duty at any given time. Furthermore, the majority of the armaments, save for the extendable arms and hallucinogenic missile launcher, have canon roots. Most are simply a step above a variety of existing grenades, except in missile form.

Yet you have four(4) units listed. If the sub was approved with a borderline unique production rate with two(2) in service, how do you suspect your division has acquired the extras?

Ayumi Pallopides

Very easily actually. There would be replacement parts, armor, frame and weapons for replacement parts, cannibalizing, testing if new equipment gets developed. It would not be that hard to see being able to construct a few extra as replacements that could be made to be serviceable for fighting. The parts are not self repairing or never need to be changed and no military force would only make one part to replace at a time I am more then certain of that but if you want me to change the 4 to 2 I can it isn't a big deal.

and I think I figured out what you mean... I think. You are trying to apply IC relevance to an ooc intent. Because I said I am using old forgotten assets. Well they are secret, most in the republic don't know these or things like the ballistic shield, gungnir armor even exist. THey are three years old and we have some factions that change out their manifests of equipment several times a year because of new faction staff. This is taking the old assets, the old fairly solid submissions that are in the Republic and giving them some new life. Some new purpose so we don't have to just make another sub for something already made.

Using old subs is well and fine.

As for the droids, they will have to be reduced to two active units. You are more than welcome to add you have two that are in pieces for reserve parts and what not.

I am still asking for this sub to be cleaned up. Its more than a little jumbled with intent and what the units will actually be doing.

CODEX MODIFICATION TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Kista Fel
Link to Submission: Kista Fel
Reason for Moving to Codex Modification: Update to new standard

Submission Name: Denon Police Forces
Link to Submission: Denon Police Forces

Submission Name: Denon Security Force
Link to Submission: Denon Security Force