Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sasori Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
ahkz73o.gif
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To sub Sasori melee weapons
  • Image Source: Doom Eternal
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: My Subs
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Chainsaw
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Advanced Power Source: Designed with an iso-didact power source giving it a massive and long shelf life.
  • Cutting Power: Designed and made to cut at the molecular level to sever bonds and turn the strongest materials into warm butter. Beskar, crab armor and tunqstoid can get through the teeth.
  • Variable: Designed to be used independently or as a bayonet.
STRENGTHS
  • Laminanium: Designed like a Quellian ship the hull of the orbital platforms has a thin layer of the material to improve repairs and over time depending on the amount of damage it is able to patch itself up.
WEAKNESSES
  • Built in power source: Designed with its own internal power source that is long lasting but it is largely able to power the armor and systems of the vehicle but when damaged it is highly explosive.
  • Self Repairing: Built with a protective layer to patch the vehicle in the event of damage. The time table is dependent upon the amount of damage with smaller tears being easier and faster to repair then gashes which can take hours to reform.
    • Note: Only the layer can repair not the full plate armor itself the plating can be damaged still but the underlayer of Laminanium can reform and remain.
DESCRIPTION
Designed By sasori off of the Blades of Sorrow and with its impressive and powerful cutting capabilities it has been worked on to make a blade for matsu's half sister and with some fo the others there were a number of plans. The Chainsaw that was designed and planned for the ranger uses an ultrasonic generator in the main housing that comes off in the synth mesh hardened teeth of the weapon allowing it to carve up materials or get through blocked areas. As a means thanks to the series of constant attacks to rescue civilians mandalroian, sith and crusader forces put in harms ways. The enhanced powercell to provide additional power to the saw as well as one of the most important aspects of it allowing it to function longer between needed recharges.

The lighter weight and utility as it can be held by ranger's and rescue workers to get through debris quickly and give them a chance to get others out of harms way. In cases of combat it isn't practical as a means of swinging around but it can be used in a pinch against sithspawn undead and the larger creatures being able to cleave through them. The ultrasonic generator is a design that poses a couple of problems. With the casing being designed in a way it is vulnerable to emp and ion weapons striking it and the ultrasonic sounds can adversely affect bith's sensitive hearing as well as dogs or canine species.

The force enhancement of the saw requires a connection to the force and in the hands of darksiders the synth mesh works to recoil them while on worlds without the force its calming and focused effect disappears. The general speed of the saw is decent but it takes time with thicker materials to cut through them. In combat it is not the best but if you are using it for practical purposes the speed matters little to what you need.

The years have been kind to the saw.. with vastly improved materials they were able to replace the parts to make it a force object and instead it uses raw cutting power and ultrasonic vibrations to cut through at the smallest levels to turn anything into so much twisted and mangled materials. It can be used more often thanks to the improved power cells and with its teeths capability to self repair it doesn't have to be replaced. The best part is the size which can be fitted to a rifle as a bayonet or used on its own like a melee weapon on a suit of armor.

Last edited:
[member="Matsu Ike"]

Hello! :) I look forward to going through this process with you.

I would like to begin with a question. When looking at the blades of sorrow it is unique. This chainsaw is almost an exact copy of the unique blades, what, aside from weapon type, makes these two submissions different?

[member="Lynn Corerunner"]

This submission has a longer reach, is made to serve an extra purpose of being used for rescues and in the field if you need to get past obstacles...... and much like the blade is semi unique for those who want something they can use around in solving problems.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Well ok, let's begin then.

Starting out what needs to be addressed first is it needs to be balanced. With that you have already multiple weapons with all cutting abilities lets bring this one down. Personally, if for crafting purposes I will allow the all cutting ability, but in combat of any form we are going to need it brought down. Also, being this is a chainsaw and chainsaws are not known to cut quickly this would not be a fast cutting device. Let's also put in there that this would not work on a person in medium to heavy armor. Reason I say that is a chainsaw blade requires time to cut through something so if the person is moving or attacking the chainsaw would not have the needed time to penetrate the armor.

So lets work together and see if we can't get this more on the side of balanced. :)

[member="Lynn Corerunner"]

I was waiting to see what your ideas were.

You said the chainsaw woudln't cut quickly and we'll work together to balance it

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Ah, I was going to let you handle it then go from there, but sure.

Matsu Ike said:
Superior cutting capabilities: on par wiht the blade of sorrow, the chainsaw is made for the ranger's to cleave and get through the majority of materials in the galaxy including hijarna, beskar, phrik, wintriium and force enhanced versions of the materials.
According to Factory standards, this is more than needed. Please change this that it has the potential to cutting through these metals. This way if it is for crafting, private purposes it is able to cut through things, but in PvP it is not able to cut through people's armor unless discussed about. On that, add the clause, "at the base of the submission that clearly states that this weapon is not a guarantee of damage inflicted on an opponent, and that all damage taken is subject to the other writer's acceptance and degree of acceptance."

Matsu Ike said:
Unusable by Bith

I fail to see how this is a weakness. A bith has sensitive hearing yes, but that is oddly specific and I could never see a Bith using one of these.

Matsu Ike said:
Ruptures Sensitive Eardrums
The same weakness in my opinion. Much like being forced to wear gloves is not a weakness, wearing earplugs fix this so it doesn't balance out.

The point of a weapon weakness is that under most circumstances it is a weakness for everyone, not a race that is rarely if ever used on this board. I don;t mean to sound like I am nit picking and I know these have been approved before, but I do not see these as weakness.

The other weaknesses are solid and with one more weakness I think we will have a nice balance.

Lastly, the cutting and speed needs to be altered. While I could see a force embedded chainsaw being faster than a normal chainsaw. It is still not fast in that how a chainsaw works if it was going fast it would get jammed and need to back up to move forward. I am willing to say speed would not be an issue if you add that relief cuts or a forward backward method is still needed. Thus this would slow down the saw while keeping the spirt alive. I should also mention that this addition for relief cuts and forward back would only be needed on harder, more durable materials like Beskar and Phrik.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu Ike said:
Superior cutting capabilities: on par wiht the blade of sorrow, the chainsaw is made for the ranger's with the potential to cleave and get through the majority of materials in the galaxy including hijarna, beskar, phrik, wintriium and force enhanced versions of the materials.

Looking over this submission, it again has far too many items that make it a cut all at semi unique that I am not comfortable with in a balanced submission.

Matsu Ike said:
Vulnerable to ion and emp
Please elaborate on this.

Recommendations:

If items dropped down to ( 1 ) Restricted Material it may potentially cut and ( 1 ) rare item.
  • Drop these down to one RM and one rare material that it can cut.
  • Ensure that any powerful features or abilities of the weapon in the description are fully annotated clearly in strengths.
  • Please fully flesh out the current weaknesses.
    Ion and Emp

If items are dropped down to (2) Restricted Materials it may potentially cut and (1) rare item.
  • Drop this down to Unique
  • Drop these down to 2 RM's and 1 rare item that it may potentially cut.
  • Ensure that any powerful features or abilities of the weapon in the description are fully annotated clearly in strengths.
  • Please remove or fully flesh out the current weaknesses.
Ion and Emp

3. Add in additional solid weaknesses from the materials of Sasori Mesh

Here are some recommendations based on what I have read through the materials weaknesses that you can flesh out.

1. The mesh requires a constant connection to the force for its non-physical abilities to function. On worlds or in areas where that connection can be disrupted the protective qualities of the wintrium are all that remain.

2. The mesh does not protect from sound with sonic attacks and disruptors that can disrupt the molecules of the mesh as well as equipment to shave off layers of it and quickly get to who is wearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom