Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interim Grandmaster Nominations

With Grandmaster Selena Halcyon gone for a time, it has been decided among the Council to hold a vote for an Interim Grandmaster Of The Jedi Order in her absence.

Here, the Jedi Order is given a voice. Place your nominations for Grandmaster, and once nominations are complete, the Jedi Masters of our Order will vote on who is the best fit for the job.

Just remember these simple rules for who you nominate:

- Must be a member of the faction.

- Must not be a member of Staff.

- Must be a Master.

Place your nominations, folks! Step right up, nominate our new Grandmaster, today!

@[member="Cody Jorin"] - its Canon and doesn't make sense for someone who isn't a Jedi to be in charge of them. Silly Politician :p

In seriousness, why don't we have an NPC Grandmaster and have things focused through the Council. This allows us some relaxation and less stress on the person who would be the "Grand Master of the Jedi Order"

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] - why wasn't the vote brought to the community? I feel this is an IC and an OOC thought. I'm down with whatever you do, but I think this is something that should have been decided by all of us.

@[member="Sopher Jakobs"]
I understand the idea, but really when it comes down to it, IC and OOC decisions need to be made. The Grandmaster will have the final decision and with that said, someone PC must have that role.

Although you idea is good, it wouldn't work out well in the long run during Selena's absence. This is Jedi Council business, so really it is the Council's decision and the faction admins.

The NPC GM allows the position to remain open for Selena 1) If she wants it back and 2) If she comes back. When you throw people in there it just makes things difficult. Also now we're in a position of where we're like "oh who is the best for the job, oh who should we nominate?" NPC provides the idea for it to be there. There's a council and the council would continue to run things, but on the council everyone is equal and there isn't a hierarchy to bother with. @[member="Rasu Gan"]

EDIT: IC and OOC decisions need to be made, why stress one person out when you can distribute the responsibilities over several.

To shed some light (because I was a little surprised by thread--and thanks for the tags guys!)There was discussion with this briefly among the council and it was decided within minutes.

This being said, some agreed with PC and a poll, while a minority suggested leave council as council. Many have yet to answer, and now likely won't. Maybe they will, in here!

I suppose, depending on how this thread goes, it works both in favour of
A.) Determining a potential PC as per @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]'s thread request
And
B.) Determining whether or not the majority favour a PC or an NPC as per @[member="Sopher Jakobs"]' concerns.

Let's not forget The Republic is a democracy, and conversation is key! In my opinion, both A and B have good points. If a new GM is elected, it gives said player an opportunity to develop some sort of twist to their character; new angles to write with. It also gives the community a different experience, especially for some new writers who've just joined in.

Alternatively, if NPC/Council split, it's less stress and more spread out as already stated. I don't think Selena is thinking of taking time off for too long.. But that was just my understanding.

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"] - Agreed. If Selena isn't gone long we could basically just play it as she's in the background. My concern rises just from the history of our Grand Masters and leaders of the Republic.

Most have left from stress and I'd like to prevent that - seems to always hiccup our freedom train.

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"] @[member="Sopher Jakobs"] While we had a vote earlier amongst ourselves, at the suggestion of Staff, I suppose including the remainder of the Republic in the vote of whether we go PC or NPC is plausible.

I will make a thread for the task. This one will remain in the case that PC is chosen, for use in choosing nominees for Interim Grandmaster.

Joshua DragonsFlame said:
@[member="Kiskla Grayson"] @[member="Sopher Jakobs"] While we had a vote earlier amongst ourselves, at the suggestion of Staff, I suppose including the remainder of the Republic in the vote of whether we go PC or NPC is plausible.

I will make a thread for the task. This one will remain in the case that PC is chosen, for use in choosing nominees for Interim Grandmaster.
Like, a poll? Or a discussion thread?
Can you add polls to a pre-existing thread? For example, adding
"NPC Selena"
or "PC"
and then if PC, say who below?

Is that a thing?

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
Selena for the moment isn't gone, on vacation she is grandmaster as in canon interim grandmaster serves ntil they return. An NPC would be easier as Selena wasn't controlling or hands on to allow the faction to breathe. I'd go with @[member="Sopher Jakobs"] for someone just in the background while the council does what it needs to do. Selena hasn't needed to be in on all council decisions as it stands which is fine and it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom