Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matreya

Not so straightforward obviously. As nowhere does it say the things you say it does.

Correct, it will make better characters - once they see the epitome of what can be wrong with a set.

Anyway, found how to ignore a person in settings. Going to hit it. Will leave messenger open if you wish to come and attempt to preach more.

Damien Daemon said:
Not so straightforward obviously. As nowhere does it say the things you say it does.

Correct, it will make better characters - once they see the epitome of what can be wrong with a set.

Anyway, found how to ignore a person in settings. Going to hit it. Will leave messenger open if you wish to come and attempt to preach more.
>Except for the literal link. Like. Like right there, that was in my post.

"You keep providing things I cannot refute, So I am going to block you, but I'll leave open messenger if you want to continue the random internet argument."

Yeah I'll pass. Catch ya later!

Here's some fun fanfiction for you:

Supercommando Codex

I find the influx of Force Users trying to be mandalorian is a perversion. The need to be a Space Wizard in invulnerable armor is an attempt at game breaking and for me has tainted the culture and rp experience i have loved so much over the past 14 years. It really is exactly that. Force Users join the faction for that perk alone, the access to beskar and its a eye sore. The mandalorians of old use to hate Force Users. The warriors did not need magic to kick ass.

Matreya

[member="Strider Garon"]

This is a truth, truly. But not all of us do. For example, Damien was made with the intent of only being a Mando. Nfu etc. But the story called for a difference, so I went that way.

Some only come for shinies but not all

that's why i dropped the tiny wee amount of sensitivity Kami had and plan on dropping it from Lyth neither need it. my first OP character Anaki is the classic " Not a Mandalorian but wears the armor. " Type Mercenary.

Strider Garon said:
I find the influx of Force Users trying to be mandalorian is a perversion. The need to be a Space Wizard in invulnerable armor is an attempt at game breaking and for me has tainted the culture and rp experience i have loved so much over the past 14 years. It really is exactly that. Force Users join the faction for that perk alone, the access to beskar and its a eye sore. The mandalorians of old use to hate Force Users. The warriors did not need magic to kick ass.
Oh thank goodness. Somebody that gets it.

"I wanna be a sith nightsister jedi mando with force crush and lightsaber resistance armor."
"I was a mando, but then fell to the sith, but still care about my mandalorian friends because I took nothing from the teachings of a warrior culture that is heavily reliant on the idea of culture preservation."

Good. Good on ya.

Lyth Meran

Bullet with Butterfly wings.
[member="Atin Vendet"]

that's my take on it too. thus my two being untrained i want to work my way up. heck i forget my deliberate parody bad-ass.
it's no fun being op. while i can make a Über overpowered power armored sith with 23 light sabers. it wont be fun.
Lyth is a species that is naturally FS but never uses it she's a mechanic. Kami is small so she's a Combat runner or field messenger.
hell Lyth is 2 inches tall and as brittle as glass. to me that's fun.

Zagara Vao

Writer account. Check my characters out!
The silver lining me here is that this character (Zagara) has yet to swear in to either Jedi or Sith code. Force-Sensitive, alright, but with no formal training. It remains a primal instinct on her part.

From what I've read of the Mandalorians so far though, I'm loving it. If this keeps up, an adjustment to Zagara's planned chara development will be in order.

Zagara Vao

Writer account. Check my characters out!
[member="Damien Daemon"]

It doesn't mean I'm ditching the clan or anything, Damien lol. It'd be a purely personal decision on Zagara's part. The idea that she'll initially struggle with all the hate surrounding her being a Force-Sensitive sounds fun, and all the questions after finding out she endeavors to sever it will make for good stories to tell. Should make for cool character development, feels-wise. :)

Matreya

No, I know. Was just joking as I simply don't understand how it's acceptable by any means to come to someone's thread and tell them every thing they are doing is wrong. I'm flabbergasted. I'm like dude, when that guy was new he added me as a friend, because I was helpful. Yet here he comes strictly to bash on the majority of Mando writers on site, including new people.

[member="Zagara Vao"]

[member="Damien Daemon"]

66142392.jpg

"I'm UPSET. YOU POSTED A LINK AT ME. What an nerf herder. How dare you give me 'facts' and 'links', regarding training, on a page where somebody is talking about training and an interest in mandalorian lore. What're these? My feelings are what guide things. How dare you fact check me." - Damien

Matreya

[member="Cira"], no I am not the Op, but I am the one that heeded her request. At current I can say that she will be receiving what she wishes from the primary post.

But at current there seems to be nothing but me attempting to defend her want of an idea. Plus now I am guessing "salty" memes (I am choosing not to view them) from at least Atin and the other one (which i did see). This is officially unnecessary, and I wonder can we get it locked?

Zagara Vao said:
[member="Damien Daemon"]

It doesn't mean I'm ditching the clan or anything, Damien lol. It'd be a purely personal decision on Zagara's part. The idea that she'll initially struggle with all the hate surrounding her being a Force-Sensitive sounds fun, and all the questions after finding out she endeavors to sever it will make for good stories to tell. Should make for cool character development, feels-wise. :)
A prospect that most people face in that position. Force sensitivity is rare, and sometimes prejudice exists against it. Good thoughts.

Zagara Vao said:
The silver lining me here is that this character (Zagara) has yet to swear in to either Jedi or Sith code. Force-Sensitive, alright, but with no formal training. It remains a primal instinct on her part.

From what I've read of the Mandalorians so far though, I'm loving it. If this keeps up, an adjustment to Zagara's planned chara development will be in order.
Being force sensitive is not a crime. Han Solo is 'thought' to have been force sensitive.

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

Heck. Even my mando is, in that respect, or in the respect that I think everybody is capable of it in some way or another (With the new film's view on Mitichlorians or whatever) If you're looking for some RP concerning that sort of thing, I can certainly help. Removal from the slave trade is a good way to bolster both conscription, and recruitment.

As you can see from these bickering Cath Hounds here, Madalorians are a proud people with a proud culture. The Resol'nare are the tenants central to their lives and they require dedication to the culture to live up to. Different clans and factions have differing views on how acceptable force users are to joining and fewer still would accept a Sith, even one who isn't but wants to be, into their ranks. It's more than combat training, it's honor, duty, community, loyalty, and ultimately sacrifice. Those who fail to live by those tenants or reject them can be cast out as dar'manda (unwelcome) or even hunted depending on the severity of breaking them. If you end up falling to the Sith it would be a very dangerous proposition for you. We HAVE killed Sith and Jedi before (historically) and can again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom