Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zagara Vao

Writer account. Check my characters out!
Hello again, LFG subforum.

Here's the deal. I'm fleshing out the character development for Zagara Vao, and at the same time I've recently started delving into more of the Mandalorian lore in the SW universe. Simply put, they're really cool - and even that's an overwhelming understatement.

I was wondering: would it be possible for Zagara, an aspiring Sith, to nonetheless be able to train or immerse herself in Mandalorian culture, amongst actual Mandalorians from a clan/tribe? Call it an eccentric exchange program where she forces herself to live amongst Mandalorians and really learn what combat means - before she even considers using the Force, as she eventually will. At this point in her plot, she will already be an acolyte/apprentice, but you know, thirst for battle's the province of Mandalore.

Thanks,
Red Z

Zagara Vao

Writer account. Check my characters out!
[member="Kami Meran"]

Would it be possible for Zagara though to be able to impress a particular tribe or even an individual Mandalorian then, if a clan won't take her in temporarily? Admittedly I'm new to all things Mandalorian, but I realyl figure running Z through a gauntlet of Mandalorian training regimes and proper exposure would really do her well, combat/pressure-testing-wise - if not make her incredibly conditioned and fit at the very least.

Matreya

Clan Daemon.

Damien is Alor, and was even the Emperor to the most recent Sith Empire for a time. They do not segragate, however, you would need to be a true member. You cannot be a small time thing. Join, and be ready to be Daemon forever.

Though it does come with perks. Such as always have allies for your assistance, money if you need it, and even not mandatory coming to Clan meetings.

PM me if you wish to join.

[member="Zagara Vao"]

Cin vhetiin. Verd'goten. These are things. These are things people need to pay more attention to. The resol'nare isnt optional. Its literally 'the thing' that defines one as a mandalorian. Long story short: being a sith Mando isn't a thing. By doing a verdgoten or following the resolnare you give up everything you once were for a new life. Not doing that is like saying you're a Jedi darkside night sister. Its just not a thing. People that do that aren't mandos, if they forget cin vhetiin. They're just people of their perspective culture larping as mandos.

Can you train with them? Sure. Mandos have friends too. It just won't lead into acceptance into that culture without giving up what you were.I'd be happy to fight or develop character with you.

Matreya

[member="Atin Vendet"]

As is she is a character just beginning, stating that this is back story. From my understanding that is.

Also, as has been said a hundred times on site by others, this is a dozen generations plus, since the most recent Mandoa culture we knew. Things are different. Hell for a time on site, the Mando were peaceful, allied to the same factions we are facing now.

Not stating the beliefs aren't allowed, more so that each clan now has different opinions on what is acceptable. Going to the Clan Roster even, you see some clans blatantly say zero force users allowed, some commanding that those whom are sensitive be trained to the peak of their ability.

Therefore, you must note that freedom amongst clans makes so any character can be a Mando really. Blatantly saying you are Sith to the masses though, is not smart lol.

Also, look up the Resol'nare. At one point, everyonewas made to swear to it, whether they understood it or not. Just a means to show everything changes for the Mando over time.

Matreya

Verd'goten also means simply a rite of passage. In other words it simply is a bar mitzvah of the Mando people.

That being said,Cin vhetiin is kind of a requirement. Unless of course, as said, it is back story. Stating she was Mando before she was Sith means that there was never a rule broken.

[member="Damien Daemon"]

I know what the resol'nare is. It is literally what defines a mandalorian. Don't follow it, then you arent a mandalorian. If you don't wear the armor, don't raise your kids mandalorian, don't defend yourself, don't know the history or language,don't support your clan, and don't rally when called, you don't make the minimum needs to become a mandalorian.

Thousands of years or not, those aren't clans if they don't follow the resol'nare.

What a verd'goten is
Resol'nare
Note: I doesn't say the OPTIONAL tenants to mandalorian life. These are literally the tenants. People that do not follow them are considered to be Dar'manda. Which means, Not Mandalorian. Thousand years or not, that part doesn't change. That'd be like saying in 1000 years it became okay to go back to banging relatives. Its a reversal and backwards loss of culture.
Definition of Ijaat changes, as does religion of any sort. Same could be said for cin Vhetiin, but the resol'nare itself is not optional.

Damien Daemon said:
Verd'goten also means simply a rite of passage. In other words it simply is a bar mitzvah of the Mando people.

That being said,Cin vhetiin is kind of a requirement. Unless of course, as said, it is back story. Stating she was Mando before she was Sith means that there was never a rule broken.
if she became a sith, after doing her cin vhetiin, she is a Dar'manda, and abandoned her culture for another.
If they were a sith, became a mandalorian, and continued using those ways, it is a violation of Cin Vhetiin for refusal to give up your past.

The force itself is almost a violation of the mandalorian belief in the Manda - or Oversoul, unless collectively interpreted, and by that means may ALSO be considered Dar'manda in its use. By belief in the Sith code, or the Jedi way, you are rejecting belief in the Manda itself, or the oversoul. You are not going to be going to the Manda, or Mandalorian afterlife. Therefor, you are Dar (Not) Manda (Mandalorian)

Matreya

So... if they are nor what you wish... they aren't Mando Clans...

LOL. Ok.

Also, you linked to exactlt what I did.

Also, please note that irl examples of the exact same things, does not equate to "not truism". In other words if a Jew does not have their bar mitzvah, it does not mean they are not a man. Simply that they do not follow tradition.

Either way, back tracking to past errs, is not only common, but a regular tradition. Even more so in Star Wars.

Anyway, simply because a member that joined in April of this year says, does not make it so. For example, at one point on site a few years back, the resol'nare was so important it was the center piece of the Mando faction page. It was linked in like 4 locations. It isn't any longer. This site is about freedom of imagination.

Even if it wasn't however, the resol'nare calls for a true Mando to, well, be a true Mando. No where does it say, hey you can't roll with this crew yo. In fact, as said, it says just be cool with me peeps, help me when I need it dawg, and we chill son.

[member="Atin Vendet"]

[member="Damien Daemon"]

That's already been mentioned. Yes. Mandalorians are not adverse to having friends, or even training other groups (See Jango Fett and the Republic Clones)

As a Dar'manda, who violates cin Vhetiin, I understand your need to justify your character. But this is literally a warrior culture by which training is a necessity. and it is a culture based entirely around the need to both remain mobile, and keep a standard. If anybody could just up and say they were a mandalorian, it wouldn't have required a verd'goten in the first place, or clans in the first place, or a code in the first place. It'd be like saying you were a christian, but didn't believe in Jesus Christ. XD

Damien Daemon said:
This site is about freedom of imagination.
Yes. The ponies and Undertale characters are truly inspiring. I'd hate to step on your imagination with, yknow, an actual tenant and references that are required for immersion in a subject, and understanding of a culture.

Its not 'if I wish' that makes them not mando clans if they dont follow the resol'nare. They're literally NOT mandalorians, if they dont follow the resol'nare. Everything BUT that is up to interpretation. If they don't follow that, then they're absolutely the equivalent of Larpers in Mandalorian Armor.

Matreya

Christians once believed by default all that weren't of their faith were to be put to death, bhr its changed. Muslims were the same even worse. Now though, these "tenants" ha e changed.

Saying you must be one thing, never changing, without fail, is not only illogical, but impossible.

For exams, Damjen. While he is darkside, his beliefs have always been on the Mando side. He has always believed that his power was given, to assist, yes by control some times, to help his people. Becoming fhe Emperor even, was hard for him. The Sith in that Empire hated him because he did not view the faith as correct, or obey their rules. He was Emperor because he was the strong.fest, because in a few swings be nearly killed the last Emperor.

Anyway, trust me, I do see what you're saying. I do. But I also know truistic outlooks. Such as change is inevitable.

Look at the old Mando, versus the Clone Wars shows Mando. Not even remotely the same. But they are canon.

You can have your outlook, but it doesn't make it true.

[member="Atin Vendet"]

[member="Damien Daemon"]

Clone wars Mando, and old Mando - still follow the basic tenants, and they were put into canon with the codes of honor article published In the fifteenth episode of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series' fifth season, entitled "Shades of Reason," the character Almec makes mention of a set of "ancient laws of Mandalore" the Death Watch hold themselves to.The Mandalorian protectors followed Jango Fett, and believed him the Mand'alor, rather than dutchess satine Kryze or Pre Viszla. The code, resol'nare, and items therein including rights of challenge are still a thing, published in the bounty hunters code book as well, which was published AFTER the Disney Reset of Canon.

If you were a Mandalorian, then became a sith, you are no longer a Mandalorian. You've given up your culture, heart there or not, to follow a religious aspect that does not follow the belief in the Manda, or oversoul. My 'outlook' is literally right there on the resol'nare page. You follow those, you're a mandalorian. You don't, then you arent. That's not stopping creativity. That's preventing undertale characters, Dragon Ball Z, and ponies from being a thing.

"Hi. I'm a christian. But I'm also a Satanist, but my heart's always been with Christianity"

Matreya

LMFAO, so be a Mando. You can't be more. You can talk to people but not really have friends.

OK. No. But OK.

Either or, at this point I feel it necessary to make a topic about this. I know I am not the only one who looks this way at this situation. For example, if a Mando is put in charge, after fully defeating and say becoming a ruling party, of the Jedi, he is by default a Dar'manda regardless of if he believes in their faith?

Strive to be nothing. That should be added to the resol'nare.

Either way, I might make a topic about this so others can have the chance to voice it. But I don't want to see them arguing with a person whom in no way is wrong, nor will even potentially admit a chance of being wrong.

It's been fun hearing your incorrect method of "my way or the highway". Gotta be honest though, already don't like you, so I will be ignoring you and referring those who are new, to this page so they can see that everything they believe is wrong as well.

LMFAO

[member="Atin Vendet"]

Damien Daemon said:
LMFAO, so be a Mando. You can't be more. You can talk to people but not really have friends.

OK. No. But OK.

Either or, at this point I feel it necessary to make a topic about this. I know I am not the only one who looks this way at this situation. For example, if a Mando is put in charge, after fully defeating and say becoming a ruling party, of the Jedi, he is by default a Dar'manda regardless of if he believes in their faith?

Strive to be nothing. That should be added to the resol'nare.

Either way, I might make a topic about this so others can have the chance to voice it. But I don't want to see them arguing with a person whom in no way is wrong, nor will even potentially admit a chance of being wrong.

It's been fun hearing your incorrect method of "my way or the highway". Gotta be honest though, already don't like you, so I will be ignoring you and referring those who are new, to this page so they can see that everything they believe is wrong as well.

LMFAO

[member="Atin Vendet"]
>Yes. You can have friends. No. Them being your friends and liking you doesn't automatically make them Mandalorian.

> Resol'nare

The Resol'nare, or Six Actions when translated from Mando'a into Galactic Basic Standard, were the central tenets of Mandalorian life. They consisted of wearing armor, speaking the language, defending oneself and family, raising your children as Mandalorians, contributing to the clan's welfare, and when called upon by the Mand'alor, rallying to their cause.[1]

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

> Sure man. Sounds good to me. Maybe it'll help make better characters. :D
"I don't like you because you post links,limit my 'creativity', and then have valid arguments concerning the links you posted. "
*Huffs and Walks off.*
"i'm making my own mandalorians. With blackjack and hookers."
[member="Damien Daemon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom