Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Hyperion Class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
1947f07d55cac99c582d36fe7e4de48c.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To make a powerful flagship For Darth Patiens
Image Source: Source
Canon Link: N/A
Permissions: Source
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: K2 Space Salvage and Repair Fleet
Affiliation: K2 Space Salvage and Repair Fleet
Market Status: Closed-Market
Model: Hyperion Class
Production: Unique

Material:
Quadanium and Durasteel Armor Plating
Matrix-Trimantium-impregnated Alusteel Skeletal Frame
Heavily Reinforced Duraplast Hull Liner with Anti-Ionic Mesh
Dallorian Alloy and Agrinium Panels
Turadium Blast Doors and Shields
Laminanium Structural Plating
Ceraglass Viewports
Various Starship Components

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Star Destroyer
Length: 5,000 meters.
Width: 2,000 meters.
Height: 2,000 meters.

ARMAMENT
Armament: Extreme
Helios Cannon {1}
Quadbarrel Heavy Turbolaser Turrets {60}
Hellscream-class Plasma Railgun {40}
Artemisia-class Solar Ionization Cannon {50}
Twin Megamaser Batteries {25}
MegaCaliber Six turbolaser cannon {4}
Orbital Strike Cannons (Mounted Ventrally) {10}
Twin-Barrel Mass Driver/Ion Cannon Deck Cannons (Widely Distributed) {60}
Missile Launchers {80}
Broadside Flack Guns {100)
Null-Burst Projectors {40}

DEFENSE
Defenses: Very High
Point defense laser cannons {80}
Point defense Ion cannon{56}
Particle Shields
Ray Shields
Ion Shields
Reinforced Hull Plating

Hanger
Hangar Space: High
Hangar Allocations: 35 Squadrons
Starfighters: 18 Squadrons, 36-216 Starfighters
Support Craft: 17 Squadrons, 20-120 Support Craft
Passengers: 100,000 Soldiers
Crew Complement (Optimal): 80,000 Personnel, 20,000 troopers
Crew Complement (Skeletal): 1,000 Personnel, 5,000 troopers
Cargo Capacity: 250,000 Metric Tones
Consumables: 25 Years

Maneuverability & Speed
Maneuverability Rating: Low
Speed Rating: Low
Hyperdrive: 1.01, Backup Class 6.0
Jumpmaster 1.01 Microdrive

STANDARD FEATURES
Standard Countermeasures
Standard Engine Unit
Standard Guidance Systems
Standard Hyperdrive System
Standard Life Support Systems
Standard Shielding System
Standard Targeting Systems

COMUNICATION SYSTEMS
Communications Array
Communication Wave De-Scrambler
Comm Laser
Hyperwave Comm Scanner
Hyperwave Transceiver
Battle Net
Encryption Module
Frequency Jammer
Ion-Scramblers
Holonet Transceiver
Sub-space Transceiver
PTP Link
PTP Encryption Device
Hyperwave relay station

SENSORY SYSTEMS
Sensor Arrays
Radiation Screener
Electro Photo Receptors
Aural Sensors
Gravitic Sensors
Life Form Indicator
Battlefield Holographic Control Interface
Hyperwave Signal Interceptor
Energy-Wave Detector
Anti-Ion Emission Tracer
Targeting Computer Linkup Helmets

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
INTERNAL SYSTEMS

Anticoncussion Field
Throne of Supremacy
Heimdall
Meditation Chamber
Secondary Bridge

CREW-TO-SHIP INTERGRATION
DB-NT-M4 Overseer-pattern Neurocrown

DETENTION SYTEMS
Detention Area
Ionization Chambers
Torture Chamber
Containment Fields
Embraces of Pain
Interrogation Chairs
Khatuu-Gul
Universal Energy Cages

Holographic Terminal Interfaces

MEDICAL SYSTEMS
Ammonia Chambers
Bacta Tanks
Hyperbaric Medical Chambers
LS-132 "Terra" Life Support System
Surgical Pods

NAVIGATION SYSTEMS
Nav Computer Route Astrogation Bypass

PRODUCTION SYSTEMS
Molecular Furnaces
Garment-Fabricators
Self-Constructing Armament Facilities
Self-Regulating Droid Makers
Prototypers
Duplicators
Nanoforges
Synthicators
Remote Slicers

SECURITY SYSTEMS
Turadium Blast Doors
Laser Gates
Force Field Generators
Klaxon Warning Lights and Projectors
Hyperwave Warning System
Blaster Neutralizer
Rotary Autoblasters
Door-Fields
Echo Pulse Protected

COMPUTER SYSTEMS
Nullifier Fields

TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
Turbolifts

EXTERNAL SYSTEMS
AR-0B damage reduction armor component
Decentralized Deflector Shield Projection System

WEAPONS SYSTEMS
Containment Field
Stellar Collector
Thermal Oscillator
Helios Cannon
Smartgunner chip

PROPULSION SYSTEMS
IE-10 "Event Horizon" Class Ion Engine -Three Large Drive Units

COUNTERMEASURES
Animated Metal Sealant
Anti-Ordnance EM Probes (Long-Range)
Missile Deactivation Transmitter (Short-Range)

POWER GENERATION
Primary: Hypermatter Annihilator Reactor
Secondary: Compact Fusion Generators & Solar Ionization Conversion Modules with Retractable Agrinium Collection Arrays
Tertiary: Energy Cyclers with Insulated Connectors

STRENGTHS
  • Death Incarnate: In addition to sporting The Helios Cannon the Hyperion maintains a massive arsenal of weaponry turning this ship into a weapon of mass destruction in space.
  • Iron Bulwark: Along with its advanced armament the Hyperion sports an extremely strong reinforced hull and frame making it into an extremely tough, and resilient ship to bring down.
  • Fit for an Empire: In addition to the more standard systems that allow the ship itself to function, the Hyperion has also been installed with several more specialized systems and areas. From dedicated production and detention areas to advanced medical bays and even crew-to-ship integration, the ship is uniquely suited to serve as a mobile base of operations in a variety of ways.
  • Echoes of the Dark Side: Several ancient parts of the ship were installed and produced on Mord'Rethar a planet that hosts a Dark Side Nexus, saturating the vessel in the Dark Side. In the most deepest recesses the ship it maintains a cold and dreadful atmosphere, one that hints at a dark past with an even darker future ahead of it.
WEAKNESSES
  • Slow Recharge Rate: The Helios Cannon takes a good deal of time to recharge as Containment Field and the Thermal Oscillator need to recuperate for it to fire again this can take anywhere from one to six minutes. This depends on the amount of damage the ship has taken and the amount of stellar energy already used.
  • A Space Turtle: One thing this ship is not is fast. The Hyperion is immensely slow in combat and can easily be outmaneuvered on the field. A preferred tactic of the Hyperion is to get close to the enemy force to unleash its full arsenal.
  • Rear Blind Spot: A weakness in its design much like all star destroyers is that the Hyperion suffers from a lack of firepower on its stern. This means that the ship cannot fire on any ships that enter its rear blind spot.
  • Size: The Hyperion is quit large making it an extremely easy target.
  • Electrifying: Due to the number of electronics running through the cannon, a sufficiently powerful emp/ion weapon will render it inert, and depending on when in the firing process it is hit, this may also cause the stellar energy stored to expand. Thus incinerating it and the entire ship.
  • Limited: Due to the ship being built around the Helios Cannon it can only fire where the ship is facing.
  • containment field: If the containment field is damaged or breeched in anyway the collected stellar energy will expand incinerating the cannon and the entire ship.

DESCRIPTION
The Hyperion-Class Star Destroyer was first conceptualized during the very early days of Emperor Naga Sadows reign as one of many projects to give the Old Sith Empire an edge against their foes. But this desire nearly brought financial ruin to the Empire and the program never officially got out of the planning stages. It wasn't until the reign of Emperor Vitiate and the beginning of The Great Galactic War that it truly began to take shape, one of two designs alongside the Prometheus-class that were in early production stages.

But the war took a terrible turn.

When Black hand station fell to the Republic the frame of the Hyperion had been in production and was quickly moved deep into the unknown regions. The project was officially given to The Emperor's Hand. Carefully they directed a massive strip mining program through worlds in the Unknown Regions so far out they went uncatalogued on any galaxy map, the Hyperion would be a true testament to the Emperor's power empire or not, it would see the light of day.

But it wasn't until the death of the Emperor's Voice that construction truly took off. The Hand recruited the Dark Councilor and Director of Intelligence; they used his position and power to relocate great swaths of resources towards the project, keeping it out in deep space where it was safe and secure in its anonymity.

But the final stages of production came after the death of Darth baras and the rise of a new Emperor's Wrath. It was brought back from deep space to the not yet dead world of Mord'Rethar.

As years passed new developments were made in beam weaponry and this allowed the Hand to make use of a new super-heavy beam cannon system called the Helios Cannon that was powered by massive stellar collectors, thermal oscillators and a containment field within the belly of the great beast. The energy was siphoned from a nearby Sun and then came straight down through the middle of the ship and to an axial mount that granted it greater range. After all these years the Hyperion was finally finished ready to be set loose on the galaxy.

The Hyperion went on to faithfully serve as the flagship of the Emperor's Wrath in many engagements, the most infamous was over Rishi during Revans return. Where it fired the Helios cannon to slice through and completely decimate the Revanite dreadnought, Revan's Glory.

It was during the Battle of Yavin 4 that the Hyperion achieved major success yet again when under the orders of the Wrath, it used the Helios Cannon to obliterate a large portion of the Revanite fleet by Destroying a Harrower-class dreadnought carrying highly volatile materials causing it to explode, reducing a sizable portion of the Revanite fleet into clumps of molten iron. The threat of further devastation forced the Revanites to surrender completely and the Republic to withdraw. The Hyperion was a nigh unstoppable force, or so it was thought. It was during the Battle of Ziost that they soon learned different when the ship suffered a critical blowout that completely engulfed the Helios Cannon and the vast majority of the ship's prow.

While the Hyperion made it out of Ziost with minor significant damage, it jumped into hyperspace where it was docked at a completely automated secret space station. A thorough repair and investigation effort was underway for many months to determine what went wrong, the vulnerabilities that were exploited. The Hyperion underwent a top to bottom investigation and assessment, it was completely retrofitted including the addition of a new cannon.

Once construction was complete, the Hyperion was again ready to serve. But it was at this point that the Eternal Empire of Zakuul attacked the Galaxy causing the Station to lose all contact with the greater galaxy causing it and the Hyperion to become lost to time.

Until the year 880 ABY when Darth Patiens was overseeing a salvage operation that was being conducted by his Company the K2 Space Salvage and Repair Fleet. Where they came across the derelict Space station and The Hyperion. After months of hard work Darth Patiens and his company where able to completely retrofit the Hyperion with state-of-the-art tech though the derelict Space station was nowhere near up and running but that is an ongoing project.

Last edited:
Darth Patiens Darth Patiens

This is a very nice ship sub, however there are just a few issues we need to iron out before I can move it through and approve it.

1) Image Source

The link you provided goes to the image itself and not the source of the image, this is the field where credit should be given to the artist. A quick google search has led me to this artstation page, (link) which appears to be the source of the image. Please adjust your link accordingly.​

2) Manufacturer and Affiliation

S4mMH67.png

This is a 5km armed ship, which can be both produced and affiliated with a company, which you have done. However, it can not be affiliated or produced by an individual, the maximum sized ship an individual can produce or use is a 500m one.​

Please remove your name from both of these fields.​

3) Ratings

The ship is one point overpowered. I have included my workings below for your reference.​
Unique: +4
Extreme Armament: -3
Very High Defence: -2​
Very High Hangar: -2​
Low Maneuverability: +1​
Low Speed: +1​
Total: 4-3-2-2+1+1= -1​
Please balance the ship by reducing one of the ratings.​

4) Armament

You have listed, and provided a link to Disruptor Torpedos. However, the link belongs to the mass effect wiki. I believe that you meant to include this link to wookiepedia.​
Your link to the Point-Defense Quad Concussion Missile Emplacements is a link to a gif rather than a chaos submission or a wookie page. We require all technologies which are included in a ship to be linked to either a submission on Chaos, or a relevant wookiepedia page, please amend this link.​

5) Detention Systems

Your link to the Ionization chambers takes us to the wookiepedia page for Imperial Extermination Ships. please correct this.​

6) Security Systems

Could you please explain what you mean by a selective blaster neutralizer?​

7) Computer Systems

An excerpt such as this is not a source since there's no context, please provide a wookiepedia or chaos link for this technology​

8) Strengths

We do not allow Starships to be a force nexi. Please remove the "Dark Side Nexus" strength.​

While this may seem like a lot, it is a lot of little things. If you work through the list and of course you can always ask me any questions you might have here.

Please tag me when you're done with your edits, or if you have any questions.

John Locke John Locke

1. If you would be so kind as to explain what you mean by rating that'd be greatly appreciated cuz I have no idea what you're talking about

2. The link ionization Fields leads to a ship because ionization Fields were only ever used in one kind of ship therefore there is no external link leading directly to ionization fields

3. I don't mean this to be rude but I'm pretty sure if you click on the link for selective blaster neutralizer that will explain what it does.

4. I'm not sure what you mean. The link that is under computer systems takes you to a literal excerpt from The phantom menace novel. I'm not sure how much more context one needs other than that.

5. im sorry but i cannot in good conscience remove dark side nexus from strength as this would at least in my opinion leave this ship egregiously unbalanced with 2 strengths and 7 weaknesses not to mention i would have to go and completely rewrite an entire section of the ships description

Last edited:

1) Ratings

I'd be happy to explain. Each element of a ship's technical specifications has a rating, armament, defences etc. these ratings are listed on the template but tend to follow the scale of none | very low| low | average | high | very high | extreme.

All submissions can be seen as starting off balanced with every rating being average and the ship being mass-produced. From here, for every rating that gets increased, another rating must be decreased, for example, if you have high armament then you could balance that with a low defence. This is how we balance submissions, and help them to specialize and develop their own identities.

Currently, the ship is slightly overpowered and one rating needs to be reduced to bring it back into balance.

2) Ionization Chambers:

Perfect, thank you for explaining that, I'm happy to accept the ship link that being the case.

3) Selective Blaster Neutralizer

You are correct it tells me what a Blaster Neutralizer does, however, it doesn't tell me what a selective blaster neutralizer does. What does the selective mean in terms of this submission?

4) Nullifier Fields

Having never read the Phantom Menace novelization, I wasn't sure of the providence of the text you had provided. I'm happy to accept it with the context provided.

5) Dark Side Nexus

You may of course add further strengths or remove weaknesses as you wish. However, this is not up for debate. The current factory does not allow Force Nexus onboard ships. This submission can not be approved while this is part of the ship. Once again, please remove the strength and references to the nexus from the submission.

1) Ok, I'm gonna have to ask you to remove the selective portion of that, nowhere in the source or canon does it allow for that level of specific choice. It appears to be an all or nothing energy field.

2) Echoes of the darkside strength

This still reads like a darkside nexus to me. This is the third time I'm asking this. Please remove this strength, we do not allow mobile nexus.

If we can clear these two final points up then the ship would be ready for approval.

Before we go forward there is something that we need to address first.

a1ee034bb97f64aa3061fdf061e57f1f.png

Let me be completely clear and transparent with you. Your attitude with this message is completely and utterly unacceptable. The only reason I'm not going to act further on this is you removed the message on your own. However, treat this as your first and only warning. Further behaviour like this will result in a factory and codex ban.

As for the changes you've made, that is an acceptable effect to have on the ship. However, it can not be because of the effects of the ship's actions, since that is how a Nexus is made. Instead, I would recommend that parts of the ship spent time in a Nexus where they can become "saturated with the Force" (per the wookie article)

Please tag me when you've added that and I'll approve the submission.

2. Do not bump your submissions.

It is clearly stated in the factory rules that you should not bump your submissions. DO NOT do this again.

Once you have tagged a judge to reply to your submission they will get to it when they're able. If it has been more than a week without a reply then reach out to myself. A day without a reply is not grounds to be worried about a submission. All staff on the site, from admins to the judges are volunteers. They give up some of their precious free time to help make this a smooth experience for all our writers, but they do have jobs and lives. We have discussed this before, but please be respectful of the judges and their time.

This submission is now acceptable. Please link the planet Mord'Rethar and we will be able to proceed to approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom