Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much damage does your character take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malik

M
Malik has taken blaster shots, light slices form lightsabers, explosions, stabbing, he even once got hit in the face by a heavy shield. I make it realistic but if the other duelist isn't following what we agreed on then I stop following as well.

So in summary - we all like to beat our characters up and in turn, it makes some interesting character development.

tumblr_mw0oryxefu1shmud4o1_500.gif
That is awesome though. This was a great read and I appreciate your input, all of you.

I think anyone I have written with can confirm that I have a thing for damaging my characters psychologically. I may not always pull it offor perfectly, but I try. On top of that I find that I am more keen on taking hits than I anything else.

Kana has physical and psychological scars.

Lassiter has physical and psychological scars.

Kaili only has psychological scars so far but they run pretty deep.

All in all it is more interesting to write damaged goods.than the battle and/or force god.

Taking damage has always been something that makes Connor human to write and also human to read, because he's not invincible and has both mental and physical scars that act as both a harsh reminder but strong motivator. Off the top of my head....

[member="Taeli Raaf"], in her time as Sith Darth Arcanix, cooked his back with Force Lightning and left a nice tapestry there. He also has scars on his knuckles from when he experimented with Force Lighting himself the first time - it's not something I imagine you just throw about without seriously hurting yourself

[member="Keira Ticon"] has broken his ribs and given a fair few bruises and bloodied cuts which he always pretty much asked for

[member="Matsu Xiangu"] has given him most battle scars of all types - from embedding Sith Magic in his brain stem which left him very volatile and open to nightmarish visions when his emotion flared up (thankfully exorcised now!), to a nasty confrontation that left the right side of his torso riddled with little indented scars from falling across stones that embedded in his skin, to a skin laceration on his right wrist in the same fight. She's such a doll. :)

So yeah, I enjoy making him bleed when I have to - as I say, if he's attacked, he will hurt unless he is stronger and can avoid it by skill alone.

I don't mind taking damage to my characters when it makes sense in the story, and helps advance their own in a way that makes sense for them. What I don't like is having hits forced on me because reasons. If the hit is warranted, I will take it. Otherwise, expect equal comeback.

Cennika Hawk

C
I will take as much damage as is not reasonably escapable.

I do believe that, with one or two exceptions, I have taken damage in every oppositional encounter I've endured on this site, across my alts. Damage adds to a story and can be worked with on the basis of how it affects your character in many ways, temporary or permanent, and the experience of healing from it. It's just as fun to take damage as it is to add the consequences of it to your story. It's even more fun negotiating what's damaged or taken with your opponent, OOCly.

Invincibility is boring.

Cloudburner

Perfection in human form.
I can take a lot of damage, and get up from it. I don't like getting hit in my crotch and my forehead though.

3x my hand has been dismembered
1x Broken leg

I am pretty much a damage sponge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom