Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does your character do romance?

Valx Raizod

PkMn Trainer Red
@[member="Yasuo"] @[member="Akodya Mune"] I WAS THE ORIGINAL!!! I LOVED HER FIRST!!! BACK OFF!!! DON'T QUESTION, HISSSSSSS!!!
I'm not crazy... *fetal position*

Strask...... Unless you can resurrect, then he'll most likely remain single his life. @[member="Saran Drast"] would avoid it, because of what happened with the Draays. @[member="Tresk Ak'lya"] has no heart, and @[member="Jade Night"] would fear what her parents would say.

Atlas Kane

A
@[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Akodya Mune"] Whenever you two need someone to deal with @[member="Valx Raizod"], callmeh.

Yoru Shakou

In generally I do my best to keep characters out of relationships unless said relation is with an npc that I control. This is mainly because I've seen what can happen when two people writing a relationship with their characters can through a breakdown of the relationship between the writers, break down the character's relations. It's happened a couple of times already in which I've had a falling out with another writer, which causes the relationship to stall completely. Do you keep writing it? Do you just scrap it and call it a bad dream? Or do you just retcon the character and lose your work you put into them? Doesn't also help when you've decided to write in children for the characters.

After having a break down in communication with two other writers, and having one just up and disappear completely, never to be heard from again; I just stay away from the whole character relationship ordeal.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I've never met a Writer that I've been able to plot romance with. IRL is just too random to make that work for me. Either they leave, or I leave, or our characters get different jobs, or something happens... etc. It just never works out OOC. But romance and love stories are wonderful. So I tend to keep it in the background noise or as brief monologues. I NPC it mostly, but it's filled with all the love of most character creation. And it is also a lot less stressful. :D

*clears throat*

There must be trials and tribulations. Initial attraction coupled with an annoyance at that attraction and an unwillingness to be dependent on another person. Then there must be a slow, mutual descent into an opportunity where the two characters can get together. Then they hook up, usually after an intense adventure, drama or argument. Then they talk about it. Then they agree it's a bad idea. Then they do it anyway.

And then their relationship isn't always great. There are arguments over whose turn it is to microwave dinner, temptations, emotional insecurity. So really, as close as you can get to an actual, real-life relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom