Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion How do you make money as a Jedi?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Huh. So I guess when it comes to Jedi making money...

giphy.gif

I like this question a lot!

Fight now, Okkeus is practically getting all of his funds from the Galactic Alliance. Any other money that he is making is from him being a part time spacer/smuggler, even though that doesn't bring in much.

And on the rare chance there is a race happening in the Galaxy, he always tries to compete in those.

Jsc Jsc

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
Turns out. When you spend most of your time wandering around and beating up pirates and dangerous criminals, you get paid these things called 'bounties'

Now as Aaran not of formally associated with any Bounty Hunter Unions he is frequently called out on this. And is regularly visited by leg breakers who attempt to 'persuade' him to pay his dues to the union.

Turns out. When you spend most of your time wandering around and beating up pirates and dangerous criminals, you get paid these things called 'bounties'

Now as Aaran not of formally associated with any Bounty Hunter Unions he is frequently called out on this. And is regularly visited by leg breakers who attempt to 'persuade' him to pay his dues to the union.

Can I interest you in joining this fancy little outfit called the Judges?

Not a Jedi, (technically, anyway) but Nimdok sells crap on eBay. Granted, most of that happens offscreen; all the stuff I bother to develop in threads and/or sub he tends to hang onto. At least, until his ex-wife decides he doesn’t need all those precious unique artifacts and sells a bunch behind his back in order to buy herself a fancy pistol off the black market.

Incidentally, the only character of mine who got “creative” with her money-making was Inanna Hoole. She did the “marry a prince” thing, just without the marriage part. Or the prince part, usually.

KRR

K
When I wrote at other places I just went with the assumption that whatever funds she needed were provided by the Council. The Jedi itself were defenders of the Republic and fought for the Republic so I assumed the Republic funded them.

This day and age I'm not sure how the Jedi would fund themselves. It's interesting to think about

Caedyn Arenais

C
  • Live off personal funds, royalties, inheritances, or investments
  • Keep a side hustle or a second job
Fortunately for Caedyn, House Arenais really came into itself before his birth where Kay and Veiere where the Monarch's over Commenor, soon growing into the Commenor Systems Alliance and taking numerous worlds under its banner. Since then House Arenais has built up a number of investments, both through Veiere in his former life and now through Caedyn's carrying on the family work, trying to make a difference in the Galaxy.
Both Veiere and Caedyn have served under the Order of the Silver Jedi for a significant amount of years, as well as Caedyn having served under the Outer Planets Alliance for a time where he had established The Jedi Coalition.

I'm pretty sure I have a number of submissions around but I'm not at home so I don't currently have the time to hunt them all down xD TL;DR: Caedyn and Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun had rich Parents, and those credits have been well invested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom