Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you find new music?

Everyone has a different means to how they find new music that they listen to - ranging from radio to websites.

I personally use Youtube to find a lot of my new music. Pandora also helps, but it normally sticks to the same old songs if I don't constantly add new bands to a station.

New music? What's that.

In all seriousness, most music I listen to is from the passed two decades, though some new music does pop up from time to time when I'm grabbing links on youtube for the songs I use here.

Soliael Devin Talith said:
I go to my girlfriend and yell obnoxiously at her until she finds new things for me to listen to.

This strategy works well and i recommend it to everyone.
You're what I like to call a musical troglodyte. I still can't believe the first thought of "You Spin Me Right Round" is actually about the sampled version from Flo Rida.

Darth Vitium said:
New music? What's that. In all seriousness, most music I listen to is from the passed two decades, though some new music does pop up from time to time when I'm grabbing links on youtube for the songs I use here.
Finding older music is fine too. How do you find a lot of the music you listen to?

Sabena Shai said:
You're what I like to call a musical troglodyte. I still can't believe the first thought of "You Spin Me Right Round" is actually about the sampled version from Flo Rida.

Finding older music is fine too. How do you find a lot of the music you listen to?
Years of radio in the 90's and early 2000's. Oh, and spotify to listen to the rest of those band's albums.

Depends, I have a heavy collection of old favorites (70s to early 2000s) that are the mainstay. To find new acts, its usually YouTube or Spotify. I've found a number of musical acts based on fan videos or TV shows/video games, i.e. The Walking Dead. I've also got friends with similar interests who will send a link or something similar my way once in awhile.

YouTube playlists. Find a playlist of the genres I like, and see what new bands stick with me.

Browsing forums.

Word-of-mouth from like-minded people.

Rarely: I will get into something that one of my students bring to me to learn (I teach guitar).

Very rarely, doing a bit of album roulette and buying a random CD at the record store based upon superficial things like album cover alone. Has sometimes yielded surprisingly good results, other times been horribly disappointing as can be expected.

Almost never: local shows. There is no scene around me for the music I like the most, not counting myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom