Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homecoming [ Mando'ade Dominion of Mandalore & Concord Dawn]

Post 5

"Your money's good," Alkor replied flatly, "if not your stink." Alkor glanced over to [member="Keira Ticon"] as he spat pointedly. The look of sheer disdain on his face said more than words ever could. He glanced back to [member="Darth Carnifex"] with his hands folded across his chestplate. "I don't suppose you plan on getting your hands dirty either," he added, indicating the rest of the group who were prospecting raw ore. "Keira, you should show our guest where his assistance will be the most useful. Keldabe is still in ruins, as I recall."

Alkor could count on one hand the number of Sith he actually respected, and most of those men were dead. Time had twisted fate and turned the lot of them rotten, and his distrust only grew as they became more vile and conniving. Their money was, as he had iterated before, good- and that was the extent of their friendship.

Mandalorians dealt with Mandalorian problems.

He heard the traditional greeting as a hand came to rest on his shoulder, and he saw [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"], who he greeted with a slight nod. "Things are looking good," he replied. "Just some... unexpected visitors," he tilted his head to indicate the Sith Lord. "Beyond that, it looks like we've struck the good stuff."

Alkor turned to [member="Kad Tor"] and [member="Artemis Lux"], who were made uneasy by the presence of Carnifex. "Sounds like we're clear to bring in a mining op," he said to bring their attention back from the Sith. "Keira won't let him get his hands on anything," he said in a low voice. "Let's just focus, unless he decides to be uncooperative."

"Ke'mot verda, bic's a cuyan."

The Matador spoke, slowly moving down the rocky path towards the same ground this Mandolorian in tattered clothing stood on. He recognised her weaponry as Mandolorian, placing a metal clad hand on the shoulder of one of his warriors. "Sha ease, bic cuyir solus be mhi." Following his command, the two warriors eased up a little; lowering their guards but still holding their weapons. A warrior of the Shield never removed weapon from hand as long as they were awake or not eating. Otherwise, at all times they carried their weapons. The Matador walked past his brethren, side stepping past the other as his hand slipped from his shoulder.

His helmet masked his expression, but he was surprised to see someone out this far that was still native to the planet. He didn't understand why she'd be here, he was here to take in the view. To understand the cataclysm in greater detail and the pain the planet was in. Perhaps she had been following them, attempting to interpret the Matador's intentions. [member="Kista Bralor "]stood in small tattered clothing, clearly she had been getting by just barely; as was the same as the majority of the survivors on the planet's surface. Not, that there were very many. The Mandalorians perhaps numbered half of what they before the cataclysm. However, many of their strongest warriors had survived. The Matador deactivated his comlink, observing the stern complexion of the woman before him.

"Rucuyir gar following mhi dala?"

Post 2

While Kurayami had felt the dark presence, he made no outward sign of noticing such as there didn't seem to be malicious intent...at least not at the moment. When greeted by [member="Alkor Centaris"], and told that they had indeed found the good stuff, he smiled beneath his helmet. This was good news indeed, very good news. It mean that he could utilize a greater amount in his reconstruction effort once the mines were established. If only the rest of his squad could be here, a sad thought, but he knew they would have been proud of where he had gotten himself.

"Glad to hear that we have found a sizable amount of the good stuff. Given some time I may just be able to bring my project full circle, and maybe even get you a proper ship as well. As far as the guest, any idea who he is? Don't recall ever having run into him before. Just let me know if there is any other way I can help the recovery."

He knew that money was not going to be the most abundant of resources, and he did have the backing of Nubia StarDrives so if need be he could put in a sizable donation himself. This was after all his adopted home, thanks to his confusing past and a relative he had been unaware of until recently. Now it was just making sure he didn't fuck up too bad, though he had a feeling [member="Keira Ticon"] would slap him over the head rather hard if he did or said anything too stupid.

Homecoming
Location: Mandalore – somewhere near a large group of Mando’ade​
Allies:The Mando’ade​

Kista had lost much. Trust was among some of those things lost. Some may earn that trust. Earn was the key word. So she may openly seem inviting not wishing to be rude. However she would have been dead by now if she so easily dropped her guard.

While they approached, the larger one told the other two…to halt. Or relax, however you wished to interpret. There body posture seemed to have relaxed a bit. Their weapons however were still held tightly within their hands. If [member="The Matador"] stepped any closer Kista would have taken a couple steps back. Cautionary, as all of her encounters, as of late were sometimes less then friendly.

“Elek”, she answered and shrugged her shoulders as if it was nothing major. “How atiu malyasa'yr Ni kar'taylir bic cuyir morut'yc at jorhaa'ir at gar? Gar enteyor motir teg adate olar ganar am. Bathas adate liser va ka'kra'a meg banar. Elek, val cuyir katcurye malyasa'yr. Val echoy'la ginr. Val jigr bat etie srukre vod. Ni cuyir tisktu olyaor ti'darnase. Ogir cuyir nayc e'ya'gr at cuyir katoa'yite. ”

Kista stopped speaking for a moment. An actual smile appeared across her weathered lips. “I ganar haa'taylir a kisol gtadr be ha'yr. Narir sto olaror at? Cuyir ha'yr Bralor olar at? Cuyir ner buir ti them”

“I ganar haa'taylir a kisol gtadr be ha'yr. Narir sto olaror at? Cuyir ha'yr Bralor olar at? Cuyir ner buir ti them”, a little excited she forgot to even mention her father’s name.

Mando’a Translation to Galactic Common:

Elek - Yes

“How atiu malyasa'yr Ni kar'taylir bic cuyir morut'yc at jorhaa'ir at gar? Gar enteyor motir teg adate olar ganar am. Bathas adate liser va ka'kra'a meg banar. Elek, val cuyir katcurye malyasa'yr. Val echoy'la ginr. Val jigr bat etie srukre vod. Ni cuyir tisktu olyaor ti'darnase. Ogir cuyir nayc e'ya'gr at cuyir katoa'yite. - “How else would I know it was safe to talk to you? You must understand people here have changed. Some people could not handle what happen. Yes, they were weak willed. They lost the faith. They turned on their own kin. I was simply being cautious. There was no intention to be rude.”

“I ganar haa'taylir a kisol gtadr be ha'yr. Narir sto olaror at? Cuyir ha'yr Bralor olar at? Cuyir ner buir ti them” - “I had seen a few banners of clans. Did more come to? Is clan Bralor here to? Is my father with them”

Concord Dawn
Post 3
BYOO

"Down there," Amaya directed, "make sure that well is connected to the irrigation system." The Verd homestead would serve many of their minor clans just as well as theirs. After all they were all Mandalorians, "make sure the feeder house is set to." Small fowl were brought over from Weyland.

"Livestock pens are set up, and we're getting a few green houses set up too," Teyn said as he approached Amaya from the east, sweat covered his body. The young Gratiir clansmen wiped the sweat with his shirt. "Getting some of the stalls set up too."

"Good, it seems you Betnas are good for something." She said with jest, adding a wink for measure. "Why don't you go cool off for a bit? I think there's beer around here somewhere."

"Thank you, your ladyship," he mocked with a smile bowing to her. "Such graciousness."

"For a Verd, this is about as gracious as we get," Amaya joked in return.

Objective: Mandalore Restoration and Humanitarian relief

Refugee camp Outside Keldabe

Team one was steadily making a part tent part duracrete structures that created the refugee ‘city’ as more and more steadily came for food, shelter, safety and medical aid. It was becoming increasingly needed for Mandalorian security as the various clans mixed in with a jumble with each other. Rashae’s teams did not know the clan dynamics and who couldn’t be with whom.

A call would go out requesting such aid to simply keep the peace and keep the Aid team safe. Rashae would send the request herself to which she reached out to Kad, Keira, alkor and anyone else she could think of.

//Mando’ade: Team one outside of Keldabe. We request assistance as the number of refugees are climbing and some of them are getting difficult to handle. We could also use a translator as a fairly large number of them do not speak basic. Doctor Lovous out. //

She waited for a response. Once the Ash orbs were deployed here on Murot, Rashae would go to the Keldade camp to see how things are personally. Her people were good, but mandalorians can bet stubborn and even hostile. Her staff were noncombatants.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

In the refuge underground cavern on Murot

Lights were installed on the air purifier. AS it hummed and its hovering technology took hold, it was programmed to go to the top of the cavern ceiling. There went a wave of hurrahs as within two hours, one could detect a notable difference in the air quality of the cavern.

The coffee slid down her throat. It wasn’t fresh roast but it was a welcome fresh brew of a sort. She sat reverse cowgirl on a chair an let her arms rest on the back of the chair as he gathered his thoughts. Ardgal was struggling with something. The woman in her wanted to fix it for him, bring him close and try to ward off whatever he was struggling with. The scientist/logic side of her knew he had to work this out on his own. Perhaps not on his own though. Then she saw the sadness in his eyes. Part of her feared he was going to break it off or tell her that he didn’t want her anymore. That was not the case.

Rashae watched Ardgal talk and then look at the children close by getting their food or eating. Her brow furrowed as she looked to the ground pondering his jumbled words. They didn’t quite make sense and she wished he would just say what was bothering him. As he took her hand and said he wished these things for her. The quick thinking woman started to put a few things together as she saw how he looked at the children and was talking about ‘us’.

That part of her that worried over him not wanting her anymore breathed a sigh of relief. It was as if this issue he was having was far less a critical issue. She sat down her cup of coffee and put that hand on top of the hand that held hers with such caring.

“Ardgal, I know. “ She took a deep long inhale of a breath to gather her thoughts. Her voice softened and became uncharacteristically gentle. “I think you might have forgotten what I am, my darling. You are 77.6% compatible to the humanoid genome. Translation: without heavy genetic manipulation influence you can never father offspring. I knew this when we first met. “ Those ice blue eyes looked right into his sad browns.

“If it gets to that point, Ardgal, there are some options. One is to attempt to fix what was done to you. This has a great deal of consequences and the potential of it attaining fertility is at current a slim possibility but possible. Another option is to take your genome and my own and create an egg through engineering to inseminate. This has a much higher chance of success. Fusions are what I do. That is if you want your own flesh and blood. If it doesn’t matter, “ She shrugged as she spread her free hand from on top of his hand out . “We can adopt. That has the highest probability of success and it resolves several issues. But if we are talking kids? “ She left that hanging.

Talking about kids was a topic she hadn’t discussed before with any partner. Was he wanting this to be more serious and should she even think more permanent? There was that questioning look in her eyes as if trying to divine his thoughts, his purpose. Then she thought about it. Would it be so bad to be in a permanent relationship with the man?

On one side would it be a feasible marriage if she had to patch him up every other week? Him disappearing for a week or two on end to some undisclosed location because it was best she didn’t know? Could she handle this. She did the exact same thing, minus needing medical care every other mission. They had a great deal to discuss if they were making inroads to ..scarce does she even think of the word.. marriage. Was it possible Rashae Lovous, debutant and genius, was capable of being married? She had to give thought to this though, Ardgal was the best man she has ever come across and she has been to a great number of systems, met a great many people, diplomats and supposed heros.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&

On the surface of Murot

Speaking through a rebreather distorted the voice a bit but the ash outside was not great to breath in. her team was already dealing with ash in the lungs. It can be purged if caught in time. Otherwise the tiny grains of silica and other minerals, some toxic, can cut and destroy lung tissue. Rashae made it a requirement for anyone on the surface to be on a rebreather or one of those suits of armor that ardgal wears or environmental suit of some kind.

The hand motioned for Ardgal to follow as the huge bins loomed up ahead. They were made of a polymer plastic that was thick and tough. It was old school tech, hardly used anymore in lieu of plasteel. For this though, it was crucial and utterly necessary. The big equipment was putting one more scoop of ash into one of the bins. Rashae came to the edge of the huge bin and started climbing a ladder. Again she motioned for the big man to keep following her. Everything was made of this thick polymer plastic stuff. Not one single bit of metal, plasteel, alloy. Not even composite as Rashae didn’t want risk not knowing if the composite ceramic had silica in it. Two of her scientists was at a console at the top on a platform.

When they reached up there, the doctor made a bee line to her scientist. Rashae looked over the edge as it had been filled to what looked to be a beveled edge all the way around that was six feet from the top of the bin. The woman picked up this large plastic jar that had what appeared to be tiny ball bearings or bee bees.

“one of Mandalore’s problems is volcanic ash and this ash causing Mandalore to prematurely go into what’s called a volcanic winter. It’s similar to a nuclear winter but without the radiation. Ash is composed of whatever minerals, metals, rocks, and what have you that the volcano was made of. What you have here is a lot of potassium, silica, phosphorus, carbon, and a lot of other things. Plants indigenous to Mandalore can not grow in this mixture. This mixture can poison and ruin water tables and it would take decades even hundred of years to decompose to become soil for plants to grow. Morut has eighteen inches to two feet of ash through out the island. Keldabe has five feet in some places. That is where my other team is. “

She olds up the large jar of small bee bees. “This is Mandalore’s solution. It also works for other types of ash, mineral slag from mining, and junk piles. “ Rashae put the jar down on a table right by the edge of the bin with nothing but ash in it. “Ardgal, do not under any circumstances handle these. These things get on your armor, you will have problems. “ her hand went into the jar and even the slight coating of ash on her glove caused a few of the bee bees to unravel and crawl on her gloved hand. The woman smiled at the little black shiney things crawling. “I call them Ash Orbs. They can turn this ash into minerals and mineral salts. They consume silica and metal. “

Very carefully she disengaged the ash orbs from her gloved hand taking her time to make sure she got them all. A scientist passed a wand over her to make sure she got them all as the little suckers could hide. Once that was done, she picked the jar up and dumped it into the big bin. The black mass upon hitting the ash suddenly spread out like a liquid cloud.

“In eight hours, a lot of this will be turned into something useful. The science team here will monitor types of minerals and mineral salts being produced in case something volatile comes up. You never know what is in ash sometimes. We got to get to actual dirt so we can turn that into soil. Meantime we will be putting greenhouses up to start working on hydroponics till we get soil good enough to plant anything.” Hydroponics would save these people a lot of trouble.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="The Matador"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] anyone else i missed

Artemis Lux

g o l d d u s t w o m a n
M A N D A ‘ Y A I M
A L L I E S: Mando’ade || E N E M I E S: N/A
O B J E C T I V E S: Assess Beskar Reserves, Restore Mandalore
P O S T: 3/10

Artemis tolerated the Sith. Like any thoroughbred mando’dala, she respected strength and straight-shooting above all else. The Sith neither attempted to vindicate their actions nor hide them behind the hackneyed cry for justice that the Jedi were so fond of invoking, at least those who still clung to the antiquated ideals of their predecessors. It had been one such Jedi who had slain her husband and child. Although Artemis had softened her prejudice toward Force Users as a whole—thanks to [member="Kad Tor"]—she would never soften toward the Jedi. Fortunately for [member="Darth Carnifex"], Artemis would have had to be deaf, dumb, or blind to mistake him for one. His darkness radiated, keeping her beskad at bay.

Still, she wasn’t convinced.

“I don’t like being beholden to outsiders,” Artemis murmured in reply to [member="Alkor Centaris"], tapered green eyes lingering warily on Carnifex’s forbidding profile. “The sooner we restore Mandalore to her glory, the better.”

What Artemis didn’t say was I’ll behave if he does, but for the moment, her suspicions were placated. She turned to Kad as they resumed their work.

“Enceri . . .” The name rolled pleasantly from her lips as she plunged her hands back into the cool earth. “I might have passed by Enceri once or twice, but I never visited. I was born and raised in Keldabe, and spent most of my life there when we weren’t traveling. I loved to travel—my father hated it.” A wry dimple surfaced in her cheek, thoughts turning to some distant memory that he would not be privy to in her mind. “Other than our extended family, I was his one and only—and a daughter, no less. I ruled our household like a tyrant.”

The subdued humor that briefly illumined her patrician features just as quickly faded, though her hands did not cease their toil. “I’ve heard there’s almost nothing left of Keldabe now,” She remarked, stone-faced. “With any luck, we can rebuild it—and Enceri, too.”

Allies: Mandos
Enemies: soon.gif
Objective: BYOO

Streams and streams of dirt kicked out behind them as they rode out with high velocity. There was no time to lose as their guests were unexpectedly waiting for them. Everything was orchestrated from Lok's surprisingly smart mind. The heads of several cartels were called into a meeting at a town that was abandoned. A meeting that would talk about business and how to grow their enterprises and profits.

But they wouldn't be greeted by a wealthy investor that was a rich Hutt. They would instead be met by a young man that would have a leash on these crime lords.

They had entered the town but not before killing the sentries that guarded the entire small town. The heads were supposed to be at the once popular tavern that was nothing but a relic of time.

"Keep an eye out. Make sure no one enters or exits without my saying. Don't want the Protectors catch us," the Munin said to his second in command before activating his jetpack to soar at the rooftop of the building. He needed a show to surprise and scare the heck out of his guests.

Mandalore
Garon homestead Ruins outside of keldabe
Objective: BYO

Wasn't the first time Strider had laid eyes on the ruins of his home. The destruction of the homestead matched the rest of the planet, rubble and debris was left in the aftermath. He looked back over his shoulder, the Avril was parked on the large personal landing pad, possibly the only recognizable structure that he could make out thus far. Buildings were just that, physical structures that provided shelter and safety. They were not invincible and with correct amount force can be destroyed. Like living beings, mortality is inevitable. Where there is life, there is death and where there is death there is life. Always the forever cycle, and that goes with homes and even cities. If they fall, they can be rebuilt. Mandalore can be rebuilt. This was the strength of the mando'ade, this was what made them invincible. Their steadfast iron will against all odds. How many times has the elements of the galaxy had tried to swallow them, have them erased for existence to no avail? Many times and more than likely more to come. But, they will endure, survive and overcome. You cannot kill and idea and the mandalorian culture is very much that, an idea.

Strider moved onward, inspecting what could be salvageable and what could not be. There was a new beginning for Clan Garon, back on Concord Dawn. The homestead gifted to his son, still needed lots of work and supplies. There was plenty of resources that could be re-purposed from the ruins for Strider was not made of credits and he was willing to save where he could. Plus, there was a small sentimental tickle with the thought of bringing a few pieces of this ruin to rebuild their new home.

Plenty of lumber and shaped stone. Some scrap metal and tech that could be broken down and put to purpose.

Manda'lor
Objective: Assess beskar veins
Post 7/22
-----

[member="Alkor Centaris"] seemed to reassure Artemis that the Sith would not be a problem. Kad knew her trouble was not with them, but the Jedi. Kad however hated the Sith as much as [member="Artemis Lux"] hated the Jedi. He had seen what they had done to his brother [member="Nolan Detta"]. They had twisted him for a time, almost broken him, and had it not been for the warrior's own will, it would have been a lost cause.

Kad took in a deep breath and returned to work as he kept a wary on the situation. Raw ore was deposited into the rucksacks Artemis had brought with her. She was prepared for anything it seemed, and Kad knew he was a lucky warrior to have her at his side. There were no formal words spoken, and Kad had never once breathed a word of his intent since they survuved the crash. Instead there seemed to be an understanding between them. Kad was pursuing her, courting her, and Artemis was allowing it. Their pride, perhaps his as much as hers, had not allowed them to say what both already knew to be in their hearts. Not only did they respect each other as warriors, but they cared for each other and loved each other.

A part of Kad's heart was happy when she suggested they look to rebuild Enceri. A bit of mischief played in his eyes as he thought about a retort that would be sure send the Lioness she wore on the outside to scurry about in a frenzy trying to cover what she truly thought about it. A smirk pulled at his lip then lowered as he opted not to put her in the awkward situation in front of others. Kad respected her too much to make her appear weak in front of the rest of the clans. He'd seen the part of her that was completely woman, and loved it. Kad loved it was for him only to see and refused to share it with others.

"And would you rule mine as one," Kad said with a chuckle. "The Lioness was still a lion cub even then."

Kad stood to his full height once more and looke out the direction of Keldabe.

"I had lived there for a short time, before all the wars. Bree met her first riduur there, and I met Ral'ika. Keldabe holds a place in my heart, but it will never hold the value of Enceri. Perhaps one day Enceri will be rebuilt, but there is only one way it will happen by my hands."

His blue eyes found her green, and while Kad would not say it out loud, his eyes gave an invitation. If Enceri would be rebuilt then it would be with Artemis at his side. Kad had felt like Dxun was more a home to him now than Enceri had over been, and it was because of the memories the two shared. Their lives were becoming entwined on the moon, and he did not wish to leave it if Artemis would not go with him.

Kad looked about to survey the work, and it was then he felt it. There were small tremors below. The vein of beskar below was not stable.

Post 3

The message from [member="Rashae"] came through quite clearly, she needed help with some unruly little bastards at the refugee camp. He would be happy to help, if not for one small issue. None of the weapons he carried had a stun setting. there was a particle beam chaingun hanging on his back, a pair of Punisher pistols holstered on his hips, and a lightsaber hanging behind the left holster. He thought for a moment before responding to the woman.

// Mando'ade Team One. I would volunteer my services to help in most cases, however there is one slight hangup. I do not currently have any weapons on my person that possess a non-lethal or stun setting. In addition to this I really don't think that most would be too happy to be knocked unconscious(at best) with a crushgaunt. It might hurt the image of us as 'rescuers' and 'here to help restore life.' I thank you for the consideration in the matter, however. Of course if things do get too out of hand and there are those who initiate violence I will gladly eliminate such threats. Bloodborn out.//

It was not long after the message had been sent that he started to feel a shift in the Force. It was barely noticeable at first, just a passing sense of slight unease. However, it was not long before the feeling began to intensify, and concentrate on the area where they were currently prospecting and assessing the quality of the beskar ore. Small shifts under them. Not a promising feeling, one look towards [member="Kad Tor"] reassured him that he had felt the same, likely even before Kurayami had gotten confirmation that the shifts were not just his mind messing with him again. He turned his helmeted visage towards [member="Alkor Centaris"] and [member="Keira Ticon"].

"Did you feel that as well, vod?"

Mandalore
Garon homestead Ruins outside of keldabe
Objective: BYO

Strider did not waste much time pondering the past of what this place use to be. He got to work quickly, gathering wood and neatly stacking them to be sorted and cut. Once he had enough to make work of, he would grab the lazsaw and began to cut the planks into reusable sizes. The lazaw was easy tool to wield which made the old man's chore that much more manageable. It was reptive, cut and stack till he had enough to make a bundle of twelve planks. Wrapped and secured and placed into the cargo hold of the Avril. This would go on for majority of the day, with the excess wood and scrap being tossed into a fire for decimation.

The old man had built up a sweat, removing his armor and shirt to keep himself for overheating. Yes, his armor could of counter balanced with temp controls, but he liked the feel of wind on his skin. Old fashion that way. Plus there was nobody around to squawk at seeing a half naked and scarred up relic playing around in the yard. He kept up the work, making good time on the wood recovery. Soon he would move on-wards to brick and shaped stone. He knew Adenn and his wife would make use of the material and this little outing got the elder garon out of the young couples way for a day or so. He knew he was not imposing but, he also knew that people needed space. Especially if he wanted to see my grand children out of this coupling.

Post 5/20

The Matador studied the female Mandolorian [member="Kista Bralor "], she didn't seem like someone of a significant Clan; however there was only so much one could gather based on a first meeting or on apparel of someone who had been surviving a catastrophic event such as this.

"Ni kar'taylir not be any clan bralor bat Manda'yaim sa be ibic ca'nara." The Matador responded, folding his arms in response and looking to his right and observing the carnage.

The hot red air and smoking mountian still continued to divulge droplets of lava, spewing up from small holes in the ground. He imagined himself from her perspective, a large suit of armor with a luxurious cloak flapping in the strong wind. The Matador had a silhoutte of orange, the backdrop of molten rock and lava suited him well.

"Elek, or'atu ganar arrived. Gar spoke be mandolorians turning bat solus ashi?"

He imagined perhaps many had become feral and animalistic in nature following such a cataclysm. Her response was not of any surprise to the Matador. Deep down, every humanoid creature had the base instinct, to kill and destroy. The fact that some were driven to this extreme left a uncomfortable silence hang in the air, long and claustrophobic. But, how would one act in this situation? How could you carry on, these were questions for men and women. People, not The Matador. However these people were the flesh and blood of Mandalore.

Allies: Mandos duh
Enemies: tba.jpg
Objective: BYOO

Witt a joke cut out from the rooftop of the tavern Lok jumped inside the infrastructure with discreet and quietness. There was no need to startle his guests. Not right now anyways.

There were two floors of the building and everyone besides him were on the first floor around a grand circular table that was meant for gambling and hosting drinks at the same time. All the gang leaders were talking amongst themselves, all of them obviously being confused of this meeting and trying to figure out who called for it.

Finally would the youngster appear before them when a Rodian said, "I don't know about you fethers, but I'm out of here." But the way Lok introduced himself wasn't with a word. It was with his Mandalorian ripper and shot at the table and not at his guests. They ducked for cover in fear for their lives.

"Don't you even dare pulling out your pistols and shooting at me," the Mandalorian warned them crime lords.

"Trying to get yourself killed, punk?!

"Yeah, like yelling at the guy who's holding a Mandalorian Ripper. Now all y'all shut up for a moment."

In the mine of Morut, Mandalore
Allies: Everyone (so far), [member="Rashae"]
Enemies: None (So far)

She knew. Ardgal didn't know if he felt relieved or ashamed or a harrowing emptiness. The best he could think of to describe it was a mix of it. But more than all of that he felt incredibly foolish and reckless. The warrior had been too short sighted, he had squandered any possibility for his chance to have children and for what? Combat prowess. He felt like Esau, selling his birthright for a pointless snack.

He listened as Rashae listed some of the options they had on hand. They could try to change him back, but he doubted that it could be done. And even if it could, he doubted that he could ever be what he was before. He had full faith in Rashae’s skills, but it was his body that he was worried about. There were even things about himself that he didn’t know, aspects of his transformation he was still discovering. There had been many hands involved in his creation, some had their own devices at play. He had even wondered if the reason so few had survived was a form of revenge back by those who had been kidnapped and cajoled into the program. Those things didn’t matter, but what did matter was how unsure Ardgal was that his body could take any more manipulation. Even good.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din,” Ardgal said his eyes lowered to her delicate hand in his palm. His large, calloused fingers gingerly caressed the back of her hand. He sometimes wondered in the back of his mind if his hands had taken more lives or if her’s had saved more. His forefinger made a soft swirl across her knuckles, tracing each lovingly, “It means family is more than blood. It’s as Mando as wearing the armor or shooting people that piss us off,” his dark eyes looked up into her gentle blue. He shrugged, “I just—thought it would matter to you. It doesn’t matter much to me,” he shifted her hand in his, cupping her hand between his palms softly, “I just thought that all cards should be on the table for you. Full disclosure.”

She left the question hanging and he withdrew slightly, almost like a flinch. The vulnerable look in his eyes was gone in a second as Ardgal looked away to the left. He clenched his jaw, taking the question the wrong way. He overstepped, he knew it. He hadn’t meant to, but all of this was just so new to him, everything here. It was like he was trying to wade his way through a raging ocean and he had just learned to swim the day before. It was like trying to learn to walk in a world where everything was upside down. He bit down, pressing his incisors into the meat of his cheek. Ardgal let the pain cut through the embarrassment he felt.

“I—I’m sorry,” he said, swallowing. His voice was awkward and carried the tenner of insurity. “I didn’t mean to move to fast.”

&&&&&&&
Surface Of Murot
Ardgal was careful to clip his helmet in place and felt its reassuring hiss seal around his neck. There was just something about being in armor that was like a second skin for him. It was deeper than the Mandalorian thing for him. It had really developed after Project: Madman. While he wasn’t as bad as Virgil, who refused to be anywhere in public without his helmet, for him, it was a lot safer. He guessed that and the extra layer of sensory perception the HUD fed into his brain was a great bonus too.

He had an 87% certainty that his lungs could handle anything, such as the ash or the debris in the air for at least 15 minutes before any damage began to take place, but that was no reason to test it. He would have plenty of occasions to put his genetic manipulation to the test later on.

He listened as Rashae led him up to the containers to see these things she called Ash Orbs. They could eat silica and metal. He cringed under his helmet and felt his skin crawl. Suddenly the protective, cutting edge—and expensive—coat of armor seemed a lot more volatile and exposed than it had before. But still, it was rather cool, “Fascinating. I knew that if anyone could find a solution, you could.”

And he meant it. If she hadn’t just handled those things, and there was some possibility of one still being on her somewhere, he would have put his arm on her shoulder proudly or pulled her close with his arm around her. Later, he supposed. His helmet comm chirped. The warrior held up his forefinger before pressing the comm active, “Yes?”

Virgil’s voice came on the line, “Busy, General?”

“No, just looking at Rasahe’s answer to our volcanic winter,” he asked shifting his weight, taking a half step away from the Ash Orbs. His left hand subconsciously toyed with the handle of one of the two pistols strapped to his side. He wasn’t about to let them out of his sight either. “What is it?”

“That body of water that was the ocean around Morut, our scanners found the location.” Ardgal quickly switched his speaker up so Rashae could hear what Virgil said next, “According to the scans we have done of the local area, it appears the massive seismic activity that was caused by Ijaat’s actions, the water was captured under the ocean floor. It’s superheated and under a lot of pressure, but our sensors gauge that at least 80% of the ocean water is under the surrounding rocks. Scanners indicate that the protective rockbed is 100 meters thin in some places, and much thicker in others.”

“Thank you, Virgil,” Ardgal said at last, “I will consult Rashae and her experts before we hand down any orders on that.” He quickly ended the line before giving Rashae a questioning look, “I am no ecologist, but I have a few files from one on hand,” he blinked twice giving them a quick refresher, “large bodies of water are essential for maintaining temperate climates and global temperature regulations. At least that is what I was given.” He waved at the massive ocean bed that was now a valley around the island of Morut, “And we have a massive one right under our feet. What do you think we should do here?”

[SIZE=18pt]Homecoming[/SIZE]
[member="The Matador"]​
Kista’s shoulders slouched when hearing Clan Bralor had not come. Where was their Alor [member="Arumi Zy"]? Here on Mandalore she had only seen eleven others of her clan. Could they be all that is left? The weight of it bore down on her. The thought of so many of her clan that was lost? It tore into her and she felt the tears release down the sides of her checks. Being raised in clan Bralor it was the only family other than her father she had ever known. Her Arlor Arumi Zy was gone. Her father Razzan was gone. Her clan was gone except for just the handful that looked to her for guidance. Maybe they were still out there and did not come with the other clans?

Kista whipped away the tears. There was just no time for it now. There was still time for mourning but now was not the time. “Yes”, Kista said. “Take away food and men show their true motivations. Some have come together to survive as you would hope. They are”, Kista pointed south west of their current location is south west of here. “We have attempted to form some cohesion. The Resol’nare still holds true there. We have established a barter system that allows us commerce. People who do not have food are able to trade with people who do. Those who are looking for a curtain item can trade whatever goods they may have to get what they need. Order there has been established in a civil society to what Manda’yaim was before. I and a small group of Clan Bralor are part of this community. Since my Alor’s disappearance and my father’s disappearance I have been acting as an Alor’ad.”

“The Faithful have to be careful because in the surrounding desert there are those who attack their own vod out of greed. Some of these raiders are fiends hooked on narcotics. Yes some turned to active drug use. Maybe they wished to forget what they had lost? I do not know.”

“To the south east there is a large group that we had recently discovered. They have sort of kept to the Resol’nare but twisted it to survive. The part of the tribe has been twisted. They believe the destroyer god has sent this destruction to Manda’yaim as a form of punishment. Their hearts have grown dark and cold. They do not believe everyone that was once parts of the tribe are still part of the tribe. Women in their tribe have become slaves with the sole purpose to breed more children for their war machine. Men who are captured and not kill are forced to become warriors of the tribe. The old and the feeble are just slaughtered.”
“The is a rough idea of what has been happening in the south. What is happening in the other regions of Manda’yaim I do not know? Traveling by foot takes time and not to mention the terrain is unforgiving. I was actually in the area looking for a Forge that was in this area belonging to Clan Bralor. I was hoping there was something I could salvage and bring it back so I can start to forge armor again for our vod.”

The Matador stood silent, listening to what [member="Kista Bralor "]had to say. It, was clear that much had turned to discord and dishonor when the planet had been destroyed. The Matador could feel his hands turn slightly numb, his thoughts drawn out and distorted. [member="Vilaz Munin"] had allowed this to happen, under his tenure as Manda'lor. The Matador grimaced under his helmet, thinking of the families and lives that had been destroyed. The Resol'Nare dictated that family was one of the key aspects of Mandalorian life, and many had lost theirs due to abandonment.

The Matador looked to the sky for but a moment, taking a step backward he examined the embers floating through the sky. He wondered, if those who had lost their lives would judge them. Perhaps, those who had passed on would watch those that continued to struggle. Victims of the cataclysm or those returning such as himself.

The Matador would not let this continue any longer.

"Take me to this Clan of slavers. They must be extinguished. I will destroy them and liberate their captors."

The Matador spoke, finding feeling in himself once more as he turned to face Kista.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Concord Dawn
Objective: Rebuilding Garon Homestead
Post 8/22
------

The breeze had blown, and the familiar scent of the aged hound was on the air. Aden had learned much from him, and the fact one's enemy or target could be tracked many ways was one them. Many did not think to pay attention to the subtle shifts of smell in the air, but that was one reason why [member="Strider Garon"] was an old man in a profession where most died young. Life was about legacy for the Hound now, and Aden was proud to be part of that, and Aden hoped [member="Mesh'la Dral"] would be as well. While they were getting closer once more, she still had not made up her mind on whether they would wed again. It was the present, and Aden could no longer afford to worry about the future, save what he wanted it to look like for his son.

As soon as his father was there, he was not. The sound of his ship leaving had Aden breaking from his work in order to look toward the sky. He was headed in the direction of Mandalore, for some reason unknown to Aden. Putting himself back into his work, Aden found that he enjoyed the quiet of the moment. The breeze chilled his sweaty torso, and Mesh'la had returned to the ship to feed their son. Alone with time to think, and work, Aden finished the foundation, and looked at his work happy with the progress of it all.

[SIZE=18pt]Homecoming[/SIZE]
Posts #: 4/20​
The man who Kista was talking to, [member="The Matador"] was quiet for a moment. Kista remained silent to waiting for a response from the man before her. The truth often hurt. Just like the truth that her father may not be alive. She waited though and then she got a reply.
Take him to the slavers so he could destroy them? OK she could do that.

“Ok, I can do that”, she said and started to pull her back pack off. “Let me pull out some data”, one the back pack was off she opened it up and pulled a thin portable computer. “There is more than one encampment actually”, she was starting to type bring her computer online.

“Along El’chir’s Scar there is more than one forward encampment”, Elchir’s Scar was a massive desert canyon to the south and south east. It was a very deep canyon. Some portion ranging a couple hundred feet. “The Scar has become kind of a DMZ. We pushed them back a few times. But sometimes they still manage to get small patrols through”, now with her computer online she was connecting with a Mandal Hypernautics satellite in orbit. “There we go. I am in”, her fingers still rapidly danced over the key pad.

“There I’m pulling up a topical graphical map of the area that I can send it directly to your HUD. From there you can access the information yourself to plot where to strike. Also you could send this information to allies that you may wish to call for help. I am highlighting one camp behind the forward lines. It is their base camp and reports days this is where their leader is located. We have to start somewhere, right”, she pressed one finally button and sent via comlink the information to The Matador. He could deny the call but why would he do that?

Her brow was still furrowed that gave little indication of if the doctor was upset, confused, thinking or one of hundreds of emotions that could flit through the woman. Her arms crossed lightly as he explained his bit. Ardgal acknowledged the extreme lack of feasibility of fixing his genetics.

“Rather a viable egg is engineered for insemination or we adopt either are possible. “ She listened to those words in mandalorian that flowed from his mouth like water gracing the smooth stones that dot its path.

The big man then started stumbling over his words in stark contrast to the smooth speak to something holey uncomfortable. He was trying to understand but the doctor was in the same uncharted waters as the mercenary was. A slow speculative sigh exited from her mouth very slowly.

“Ardgal.” She started in a rather quiet voice as the beautiful scientist settled more into her seat. “Its not that its too fast.” Those hands lifted and spread out as she shrugged her shoulders. “I never been asked that question before. “ Rashae started fidgeting with her clothes and her nails as she looked down. The usual self assured woman was perhaps not quite so sure. “Never got this far in a relationship. I am either too high maintenance or too independent or too something. “

Those ice blue eyes looked at him as if gauging things or trying to analyze it or compartmentalizing the situation. The more she thought about it, part of her wasnt against the idea, part of her was scared. Not scared of the situation but of what she didnt know. This was a woman used to having the answers and knowing what to do. In relationships like this, the raven haired beauty had no idea what she was doing. This showed on her face clearly.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rashae smiled big as she watched the black cloud settle in its job below. To her, they were beautiful. The raven haired woman confidence returned once in her element, Science. Like a proud mother looking down at her children she crossed her arms in satisfaction as the little darlings did their thing. One more pass of a wand that would emit electro magnetic pulses that are one of the ways to kill an ash orb that has gotten loose. Rashae was clear of any Ash Orbs.

The Alderanean woman looked at the data as it was presented. “Lets get onto one of the corvettes. I need to check on Team One anyway. Getting reports of difficulties with the local populace. We can go over the data on the ship. “

The woman looked up with a grimace as flakes of ash were starting to fall. The temperature was around 45 degrees Fahrenheit. Rashae rubbed her the shoulders of her light jacket but if she kept moving she would be alright. Down the ladder and to the landing corvette. Ardgal would be invited to follow if he wished.

Once on the ship she went straight to a console to put Ardgal's data in it and she reached out to the Padme. “I knew Marvin was working on some anamolies he had found but he hadnt got back to me and well we got a bit busy. “ The lady said to Ardgal once she looked at the data provided.

“Commander, is Marvin nearby?” She asked Cantalos upon opening a secured com channel.

“Aye, Minister. Though greatly absorbed. I dont think he has moved from the console for a few hours. Mrs Ashling brings him food and drink. “ The commander understood these two scientist were experts but their habits were irritating. He would like to have his command center back.

Rashae had to smile a bit. “Need to talk to Marvin and Regina both actually. “

A couple of minutes later a disgruntled marvin and a consoling regina was on the com. “But I just came across some new data. What??”

“Rashae dear. “ The patient woman pointed at the com. “Sorry Rashae but he really has his teeth in this one. “

“Its alright Regina. Anyway we can get rid of the ash falls still occurring?” The geneticists asked. It might seem unrelated to the ocean being below their feet but it was about the whole picture.

“Glad you mentioned that. The ozone at the poles really took a hit. The amount of radiation coming throught he atmosphere is much higher. There for more water is being evaporated. Snow with ash mixed in will be falling in the next week. We could mitigate some of the imbalance of seasons by an old school solution. Micro flakes of gold. But a lot of it. Sending you the data and reports now. “ Regina thank goodness was incredibly thorough. She was also succinct in her reports which Rashae appreciated a lot.

“Regina, you should take a look at my offer for the Alderaan University and Research facilities. Consulting for Gentech is also on my list for you. Seriously consider it but we will talk about that later. “ Once Rashae glanced over the data she sighed.

“Marvin. Raxis team has the following data, how does it correlate with what your working on.” You feed Marvin data, you have his attention. Marvin wasn't hard to figure out, one just had to know how to keep his attention.

“yeah yeah .. yeah!!” he kept saying. “i was doing a square mile survey of the basin. I hadnt completed that yet. North nortwest there are sink holes at best description. Only these sink holes are miles wide. The ocean went down their. We are getting life signs of wild life in cooler parts of the water. We may need a biologist or zoologist at some point Rashae.”

“My team will start collecting dna samples of the dead as we find them. Can we stabilize the under water basin. I had no idea that you could have two crusts with an ocean.” though this was conceivably a small inland ocean or.. was there more to the story.”

“Well this basin used to be attached the the ocean at large. The seismic activity rose the initial bed. It can happen, Rashae but only a scant handful of systems it has occurred on so kind of on the rare side to geological anomalies. Where the opening to the ocean is? Well now there is a fairly sizable ridge. You are looking at litteraly a giant bowl. The second crust is thicker than the first crust that you stand on. There are a few possibilities we can look at but I need to finish my survey.” He might be all over the place but Rashae had a way of dealing with Marvin's way of presenting information.

The Doctor nodded as she listened to Marvin. “Interesting. Finish your survey and send the report to me immediately. Soon as its finished and do not get distracted!!” She said to Marvin with a sigh.

“Me.. Distracted? Rashae only if its really interesting.” Rashae glared at the com.

“Marvin. You heard me. “ Rashae said in very distinct direct tone.

“Rashae I will make sure he stays on task. “ Regina interjected. Thank the galaxy for that patient woman.

The com was shut down as she turned to Ardgal. “Well, we need more information to see if we can balance out this new situation but looks like we have a unique geological and biological circumstance. First, we need gold for the atmosphere.” Those ice blue eyes turned to Ardgal as she wasnt sure where they were going to get that much gold.

It was at that point that Bloodborn's com came in about her request for some policing action from the Mandalorians for their own people. The emotional woman glared at the com as her anger came in hot and heavy.

“For frak sake Bloodborn, if I wanted gentle I would have sent down my own troops. Mandalorians need to be handled by Mandalorians. If that means fraking crush gauntlett then so be it. If my people get hurt because they cant get proper policing with the people WE are trying to help, then we will have words as I will have words with the Mand'alor. Now either I get some help, or I handle it my way and there might be a few who wont like it. My people are not military or in anyway prepared to defend themselves. “ Like a mama bear protecting her cubs, she said quite bluntly to Bloodborn as well as the others on this particular channel. “Get me that fraking policing mandalorians and a fraking translator. “ Now it was a demand not a request.

Those ice blue eyes flared to electric blue fire as now she was getting pissed as they landed near the Keldabe relief tents and the smoldering woman strode out with purpose towards the tent city that was growing and the center command tents. Reports came flooding towards her from all sides. It was at that point the ground started shaking and people started screaming and running. Rashae went to grab something or someone to hold onto as the aftershocks hit the tent city.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="The Matador"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] [member="Strider Garon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom