Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homecoming [ Mando'ade Dominion of Mandalore & Concord Dawn]

Post 4/20

Aedan glanced down at Oskin before he looked out at his clan working laughing and joking with each other as they a small grin crossed his lips before the young man shrugged gesturing around him absently. "Honestly Oskin I don't know some texts I have read simply state that the Force is older than even the oldest life forms in the galaxy. Others say it came after the first life form but personally I believe the two came about at the same time." Suddenly the young man's hand shot out using the force he caught a tree that had started to fall towards his clan holding it in the air the young man narrowed his eyes as he moved it so that he could safely set it down away from his clan. Releasing it he tilted his head back taking a few slow deep breaths not letting how taxing that had been on him show right away his clan didn't need to see him weak now. Looking around he nodded to them before he gestured chuckling. "Be a bit more careful Vod that could have ended badly if I had not been paying attention."

[member="Oskin Akaata"]

Oskin Akaata

The Mandalorian Dwarf
[member="Aedan Miles"]

Post 4/20

The little man enjoyed philosophy with the Purple Haired Mando, his words were short but full of wisdom. Aedan, a man only beginning to enter his prime was more than he present, and Oskin had only seen bits and pieces of it like this for example. Somewhere inside the dwarf, he could say the man held a special place in his heart, though he would never show that sappy side. When Aedan broke out to being a hero, Oskin could only watch, the little man was powerless towards these things, the Force was something he understood, felt, and could listen to sometimes, but nothing like this. "Oi, da kark was that, you lookin to end ya shebs? By the Force you gave me a heart attack!" Oskin spoke as he wabbled over to the fellow clan member. Oskin did a quick check over, asking if this or that hurt. When the man seemed fine, the shorter one smacked his rear end and told em to get back to work then.

"Indeed...you bring out the best in us Alor. I can't wait to see Akaata to have their own little slice of heaven on the Dawn of Concord. Oi, one more question." Another couple of wabbles, and a big grin on his face. "Aedan, you still lacking experience in certain aspects of life, or you got a son somewhere I dont know about?"

Humanitarian relief and restoration effort of Mandalore

Keldabe command center for aid was running like clock work. The large air purifier had been set a bit off center of the city but most of it was destroyed so it stood to reason that the large air purifier would be over the aid center outside of the demolished city. One of the Mandalorians had directed several clans her way. The resilience of these people still alive in this destruction was a testament to their will to exist.

Rashae’s staff worked tirelessly keeping her updated on findings of health issues. They did report that Keldabe was completely unsalvageable infrastructure wise. They needed to start building shelters or finding a location to get housing or shelters built while the heavy equipment started pushing eighteen inches to three feet of ash or more.

“Alright. See if we can use some of the duracrete or something. See what I can come up with here and get you some engineers your way.” Rashae would say over coms. “Once the polymer bins are down, we deploy the Ash orbs. Yep.. its time. “

[member="The Matador"]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Island of Murot

Rashae overheard Ardgal’s words to the man who was having some kind of purity moment or stupid moment. What ever it was that it could be called. She couldn’t help but chuckle quietly as she walked away toward where her team was setting up triage and the command center. It didn’t take long for the big warrior to catch up her.

As the General came forward, Alexa wasn’t far behind as Rashae patted a hand on the nose of the basilisk. It was like having a pet that you didn’t have to feed or have to remind yourself that the thing needed to be walked to pee. The doctor stopped to look up at him, to see the pride in his eyes. The scientist didn’t really understand the significance. All she was doing was ensuring no further delays to the rescue operation. There had been a number of times she had to deal with fairly similar circumstances. Still it made her smile.

“He shouldn’t have bet against a sure thing. I should start up a collection of balls. “ There was a huff of a chuckle as he said that strange phrase she didn’t quite understand. “What does that mean?” Then had to swat at his quick hand.. “Hey!!” The woman shooed him away as they had a lot of work to do.

After a time the work had settled in. As Ardgal started bringing in children and the elderly, the com at her ear was buzzing with reports and activity. Rashae was a multi tasking demon. Those strides took her to the big man with the swaddled babies and took one as others took a kid or babe or old man. She put her hand over her mic.

“Ardgal, he’s just a little boy.” She said softly but there was a twinkle in her smile as she went back to her com getting details and issuing orders.

“Good, air purifier is down and supplies. Yes and the water purifiers and outhouses need to come down. Sooner than later. Get the big crates with the polymer bins. Both locations. Roger.” She looked back at the General. “Ardgal, I need that heavy equipment down to start pushing Ash and do you have any engineer types. I need that air purifier taken apart so it will fit to come down here. “ Those eyes looked at his as she asked this. The air purifier, the small one, was too large to go down the lift shaft.

One of the babies needed a little closer look. As Kathleen drew her over to look at them as they went into her treatment tent. It was a girl and she was crying. “Temperature and diarrhea. “ Said Kathleen.

Rashae unswaddled the baby as she took vitals on the child. She even picked the baby up and put her against her shoulder. “I know .. you don’t feel good. “ as her hand patted as she watched the screen. “Lets see. “ The voice softened as she cradled the four month old infant and got a drop of blood from a toe and into a spectrometer to get a better look. “now.. well you a bit malnourished. Nutrient levels are very low. “ she flipped a few buttons then her eyes refocused as she went over other data. “well that’s why your sick. “

She moved over to Kathleen “We have any soy formula?”

“I think so. We stocked pediatrics with differing formulas. “

“Good. She’s allergic to milk. Get an iv on her, antihistamines, blood builders and antidiarrheal “ As she handed the poor infant over to the nurse.

Kathleen nodded. “poor thing. Must be starving. Lets get you better shall we. Doctor, the other infant should be looked at but he seems to be fine. “

Rashae nodded as she turned to the other incubator the babe was put in. “Well big guy. Lets take a look. “ The infant was also four months apparently but was far larger than the little girl. “Really big boy. Whew.. looks like all you need is groceries. “ As she did a similar scan she did for the other infant. “yep, your just hungry.”

Rashae would see to each child before turning to the old man. The other associate doctors under her was doing similar triage with women, men and children. Supplies came in steadily as the hours passed. Com chatter continued being busy as Rashae started heading up towards the entrance of the lift. “They here? Good!! “

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Jak Skirata

J
Gasping for breath in the cold, Davin struggled to keep the beast at bay. Its left antler had been severed and various smoking gashes decorated its body. He could feel its rage, its pain in the Force. It let loose another terrible Force Howl and charged at the lone Mandalorian. He steeled himself and let out his own war cry and fueled by the pain of his own wounds he prepared to plunge his red blade into the third eye of the beast. The sound of his monstrous hooves and claws on the black snow echoed, their voices melted together in a dreadful song that sent the watching Cycle Owls fluttering away.

The blade entered just below the beast’s neck. It cut through flesh and bone and found its heart, ending its life quickly and completely. The creature slumped onto Davin, its incredible size and weight startling him and pushed him into the snow. All was quiet for a minute as Davin struggled underneath the beast.

With a loud grunt, he managed to wiggle himself from under the beast. His lightsaber, crude as it was, had been cast in Beskar, but the sheer weight of the beast falling onto it and the stress of its complex design after years of use seemed to be too much. He could tell that the inner workings of the weapon had been damaged. He sucked his teeth and walked over to his carbine which had also been severely damaged and sighed.
“At least the job was done…” Even still, the blade held a special place in his heart. The crystal had been passed down from his father, it only felt right that it was used to further the Skirata legacy. He would need to make a new housing for the weapon soon.

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Clan Garon property
Building Dral Homestead
(5)
___

Mesh'la listened thoughtfully to what the man said, then to [member="Seraya Whisperwind"]. So they knew Isley Verd.... He did seem to get around, networking that is. The young baar'ur was tempted to look at their medical supplies, but really she needed to get back to working with the freshly poured duracrete so the steps to the house's foundation would be level and have a nice texture.

"Well that is very nice of you to drop by with your supplies to share and all, but to be honest I don't really have the time to window shop right now. Perhaps ner riduur here would care to do so," the petite blonde motioned to [member="Aden Dral"], then added as she pulled back on her work gloves.

"He would know more of things we could use as far as the building goes. Med supplies are always handy to have though food and water is not much of an issue here on Concord Dawn... We are blessed that way at least here in the Palouse Valley, " she smiled.

"Vor entye, vode," Mesh nodded, then turned around and went back over to her work area and grabbed the trowel she'd set down and began smoothing and shaping the still wet grey-colored thick mix.

((out))

Objective: Reclaim it!

Post #2

Post #6 Between All chars

Eliza and Torril made short work of the arachnids. She pushed right and him left. Her headset crackled as he called out targets. The both of them were up their ankles in ash, muzzle flashes lighting up the cold dark night. A few years ago she might have held back, scared. Now? She was a child of Mandalore, a descendent of her mother.

In combat, ice ran through her veins.

Two shot gun blasts spread wide, shredding legs and carpaces. Blood flecks and pieces of spider ripped through the air. Torril opened up with his repeater and then switched to his beskad, skewering the last. They managed to reach the house, where the generator was. Eliza held the spiders off whilst he pulled a fresh battery from his ruck.

"Hold em!"

"I am! Put the fething battery in!"

Torrill plugged up both ends of the connectors. Turrets roared to life, whining in the fence line and smashing through the thick ash. Lances of repeater fire ripped through the air, destroying spiders and burning their shells to husks. She flinched.

"Can they target us?"

"Nah. We are already cleared."

"But I never met Jack, how?"

Torrill pulled off his helmet and grinned as he watched the beautiful sight of spiders dying. The red flashes lit his face and his grin looked like something out a a dark siders nightmare.

"You are a Raxis Ellie. That's how."

And then it was over. The ash drifted silent and smooth through the air. Her face was caked in it, as well as black and red ichor. Torril spit another gob of dip out and nodded.

"Do your thing."

"Do what?"

"Go to the House first. I know for a fact she hid some stuff there. Then go to the Enclave at the property line. I know Jack went there a lot. You might find something there."

"How, how do you know?"

Torril frowned.

"Don't question me girl. I know. You think Jack was the only Raxis or the first I served."

"You knew my mother?" She asked, face pained at the realization.

Torril nodded, jaw tight and tucked his hands into his belt.

"Aye I knew her. Saved my shebs during a battle with the Deathwatch. That was back when I served the Red legion. Before I was sworn in. She vouched for me, made my blood and family Mando'ade. Now... go."

Post 2

"Lift the stones there, yes there." Amaya instructed, "and over there is the armory, so take these blades and put them on the racks, it'll be by the barracks." The daughter of Isley Verd watched as the home was put together, it wouldn't be too large but it would be large enough she figured. A quiet wind whispered through the fields as her deep reddish-brown skin glowed under the Sun of Concord Dawn.

Men half in their armor and half out moved supplies and hauled goods. Machines pulled stone, lumber and steel up as hammers put them into place. Her eyes closed a moment and she envisioned for herself a place to call home. And then as she stood there listening a voice intruded upon this. "Oya vod, heard you could use a little help."

"Teyn Gratiir, Clan Gratiir with Betna." He introduced himself, he was a rugged looking man, long hair, beard. As she gazed upon his figure, Amaya noted his silm build - athletic but slimmer than most of the Verd men.

"Do they build scrawny guys in your clan?"

Teyn chuckled, "you could say that but we're a fast bunch."

Betna. Wayland? She thought a moment isn't that where they're from? Gratiir was a minor clan from the sounds of it. "Well Gratiir how about you help me get this soil down?"

"Soil? What kind of soil? You lookin' to farm?"

"Maybe, why?"

"Well. Betna and Gratiirs are some of the best farmers, just point me in right direction," Teyn said with enthusiasm, Amaya smiled. He was cute, his dimples helped - a lot. She gestured toward the large pile of bagged soil and followed after him. Her eyes lingered over his form a moment too long as she shook her head to get herself out of this trance. Get a hold of yourself, Verd. You're not pops.

Manda'lor
Objective: Assess beskar veins
Post 6/22
-----

Kad was set to lead the team, knowing [member="Alkor Centaris"] had been correct, when the only voice which could top the imposing warrior dead in his tracks spoke. They had not traveled together this time as the crash was still fresh in their minds. Kad almost lost [member="Artemis Lux"] in the crash, and he had not been able to face the fact he was afraid his life would spiral out of control again without her. Despite everything that had been said, this was one thing which had been Kad's to bear.

His eyes met hers with a bit of surprise that she would seek him out, but she had. For a brief moment, the bit of herself which was always overshadowed by the Lioness was visible to him. Kad liked to think it was a part of her which was reserved only for him to see as it was brief when others were around. The crash had softened her to a degree, but she was still as ferocious in the face of their challenges as ever. Kad admired her for it. In as brief of a moment, his gaze lingered, a knowing look which would say everything words never could.

As for the others who were waiting for his decision, Kad was humbled by their trust in him. The smith was not the kind to ever find himself leading, but the more his people looked to rebuild, the more he found himself doing just that.

"Very well then," he said with a nod to those present, "We will not know what these veins have to offer standing about. [member="Shriek"], continue your scans of the deep, and the rest of you begin to gather the deposits which have made its way to the surface. I am no expert, but I may have a few methods of determining its value to us."

Allies: [member="Darth Carnifex"], [member="Alkor Centaris"], [member="Kad Tor"]
(4/20)

The oddity never ceased to dawn on her that she was related to one of the most well-known dynasty of Sith while simultaneously devoting her time to hunting them down when it suited her. Never would she say that she made exceptions for family, but given the current political climate of the vode it wouldn't be in her best interests to incite conflict. And so, as always, she would tolerate her extended family for as long as it was necessary. "Don't go assuming things so soon. I know when and how to play my cards." Her half-smile indicated that she could just as easily be speaking sarcastically as telling the truth, but either way she wasn't likely to be entirely honest with the Sith.

"And don't worry, all of us find the idea of one of your kind on our planet infuriating. It's just that we know when to pick our battles." Family or not, they had no place on Mandalore, but sometimes it was better to live and let live, at least until a better opportunity arose for the contrary. The affectionate epithet only caused her to roll her eyes as he walked past her, and without missing a beat her fingers twitched in an attempt to snare the ethereal about his feet and telekinetically trip him up. "I barely tolerate you calling me ad'ika. Don't push it any further, buir." With another smile she walked past him back to the group, catching the tail end of the orders Kad had handed out.

It would be best to make introductions, she supposed, before anyone became too presumptuous. Alkor always had been rather trigger-happy when it came to the Sith, and she couldn't blame him. "For those of you that don't know, House Verd has extended family in the Sith, so it would be frowned upon if any of us tried to kill my father-in-law this time around. And vod'ika, I think it's about time you met the rest of the family."

Post 4

Upon receiving orders to collect specimens of the unearthed ore, Alkor set his team to the task and immediately threw his own hands into the effort. He pried away at some of the heavier rock with his right hand, peeling away a layer of caked on dirt to reveal an earth toned metal. While he was uncertain of the composition himself, all of the metal might ultimately prove useful once Kad was able to prospect it. He tossed some into a rucksack and moved quickly to the next chunk of earth.

His efforts were rewarded with a decent sized ingot, just heavy enough to weigh him down. "Here," he called out to [member="Kad Tor"] as he tossed the mass of iron toward the man. "What do you make of that?"

Keira's words only faintly reached him while he worked, and though he thought he'd heard the word Sith, he ignored the immediate poisonous taste on his tongue. He hefted another chunk of rock just as the woman began to introduce her "father-in-law."

When he felt the taint of deep darkness, his crushgaunt reduced his handful of ore to rubble, and the rock itself clattered to the ground loudly. "And you thought it would be a good idea to bring him here, why?" the Dark Jedi asked, ice colored eyes smoldering as they held [member="Darth Carnifex"] evenly.

"This world has suffered enough destruction by the hands of its own. It hardly needs a Sith to lend to that effort." His words were baleful and full of unguarded contempt. He had never been fond of Sith, not when he was a Dark Jedi, and even less now.

"Don't you have unbroken worlds to conquer, Derriphan?"

Outer Rim Territories
Mandalore

The Dark Lord exuded confidence as he joined the collective of Mandalorians milling about the ruins of their world, he was unafraid of the lion's den that he was entering in the wake of his daughter-in-law's announcement. Naturally there would be some derision aimed at him, not all Mandalorians possessed the foresight that the Mand'alor and the Warmaster did, they could not comprehend the magnitude of the events occurring around them.

And of course one would arise to spit venom, his odious words cutting through the soot-laden air like a dagger through flesh. The Dark Lord merely chuckled scornfully, "Ah, there's that infamous Mandalorian hospitality, I had almost missed it. And I was not invited here, emzosek, I came of my own accord. The Mand'alor and I both greatly desire the restoration of the Manda'yaim, and I am making good on my promise to him."

He told the Mand'alor that he would help him rebuild Mandalore when the time came, and with the Dominion deftly battered away now was the perfect opportunity to make his move.

*Epicant for invalid
[member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Kad Tor"]
4/25

In the mine of Morut, Mandalore
Enemies: None (So far)

Rashae said:
I should start up a collection of balls.
Ardgal wagged his finger in objection, "The only balls you are allowed to collect belong to," he motioned to himself, "This body," he gave Rashae a knowing smirk, "I'll make sure to explain it to you tonight, after dinner--in great detail."

The warrior couldn't help himself, there was just something about a hot, sexy, smart woman handling a weapon that was just alluring and irresistible.

He finished carrying the children and old man to the doctor's side and the other commandos with him were not far behind carrying their own to the triage for care. On her own back and prodding them along, Alexa brought a dozen children like a herding, caring brood mother. One of the 4 year olds fell in the dirt, stirring up a cloud of ash as it offered a small cry. The droid nosed it gently, fussing and prodding the youngling to rise and get back on its feet, almost as if to wordlessly assure the child they were ok. The girl wiped her tears off with the back of her chubby arm, smearing more dirt and ash over her face before clumsily standing up and finishing waddling over with the others.

He was snapped back to the triage with the request from Rashae, "Can do."

He pressed his forefingers to his helmet, <<Bring down the package, its a go, hone in our positions.>>

On the surface, several of the mechanical engineers, got to work with the haste and speed that only men of fervor could know. They were used to working with speed, under pressure, when replacing a tank's treads or guns in seconds was the difference between life and death. Their able, grease-stained hands delicately broke the air purifier down into smaller parts, slapping repulsors on them with clunks. They were sealed tight with the bond that only electromagnets could promise. As soft as an angel's decent each of the chunks of the air purifier came down before they repelled down after them. With these repulsors moving the Air Purifier parts was as easy as pushing them, like a handcart.

While he waited and Rashae worked, Ardgal watched her tend to the infants. He leaned against a nearby stack of crates, he felt pride welling up inside him at the sight of her hard at work. She was a woman, she was his woman. And he could not have felt better about it. Sure, [member="Rashae"] could say she had no ability with bedside manner, but here she was being a mother to these small children who might have lost their own. A pit opened up in the warrior's stomach that tore that joy from his fingers with a horrific thought;

We can never have our own.

It wasn't her, it was him. What he had been through had so brutally mangled his DNA it could not fuse with other DNA strands, he could never have children. It was a by product of the vong and bioengineering, at the time he hadn't cared. But at the time, he had never met someone like her he wanted to be with so badly. Sure, he could adopt, in the Mando culture it was the norm. People died in battle, their young lived on, often they were adopted by the next of kin and treated like their very own offspring. But he didn't know if Rashae would want that. And he was afraid to ask. He tried to push that dark thought aside, but it lingered over him like a storm cloud. He shoved off the crates and began handing out food and water, it was busy work, at best. It only made him worse as every child's face he saw only reminded him like a glaring pain that he would never have one to call his own, like a parasite the thought refused to leave.

<<We have the packages, sir,>> One of the engineers said at last in Ardgal's comm, a welcome relief. The warrior moved away from the food line and strode to Rashae.

"The purifier has arrived," he said, his voice all but emotionless, save a hint of sadness. He couldn't even bring himself to look in her eyes, knowing he failed her so deeply, "Where do you want it?"

Allies: Mandos, duh
Enemies: Soon(tm)
Objective: BYOO

While his family was establishing themselves once again on Concord Dawn and his adopted father supervising the reconstruction of Mandalore, Lok was doing his own things. Things that were his own personal needs and wants which would benefit himself and his culture. His goal was to control the drug trade and other criminal enterprises that were scattered about the frontier Mandalorian world. Concord Dawn had outlaws and criminals all over the place with both the Mandalorians and the local Journeyman Protectors working together to stop all crime or minimize it to an insignificant margin.

It was a never ending battle, but the Munin had a strategy on how to handle them.

"You all done, Kirn," the Deathwatch Mandalorian asked to a Munin clansmen who happened to be his lieutenant for this operation.

"You're a sociopath, Lok. Even I have boundaries."

"Oh, please. Man up, you're starting to act like those sensible Mandos like Monroe."

A glare was all that was given to the Outlawa, but he didn't care.

"To cut you some slack, I'll carry the bag. Happy?"

A bag was then thrown at Lok which contained some things. Things that one didn't expect from a bag.

"Let's roll out," and the youngster began to lead a squad of Mandalorians all affiliated with Vilaz's clan. This was limited to only Mandalorians as the Outlaw didn't want to the local, native authorities of Concord Dawn to know what was Lok's plan which could harm the good relationship Clan Munin and the planet's loosened government had.

Team 2 – Outside Keldabe

The large air purifier hovered well over the encampment of the Humanitarian relief that Rashae had brought to Mandalore. Engineers and builders worked to create shelters using ruined duracrete as well as supplies brought in by large bulk freighters with the medical convoy. A food kitchen was established as well as refreshers. It was more of a sonic and dry antiseptic spray shower but it was a way to get clean. Water was in short supply and it was being used for cooking, drinking and medical care.

Latrine situation was built down wind and monitored as the remnants of the clans of the disaster started filtering in, trailing from various locations. Within a couple of hours the improvement in the air quality could already be felt by the lungs. The order from Doctor Lovous was to clean the filter of the air purifier ever hour or two. Ash and any other contaminants would clog it if it isn’t watched.

This operation was running smoothly as it was reported with statistics to the doctor who was at the Isle of Murut or what was left of it and its sea. Err ocean.. whatever it was before it became some deep ash pit.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Team one -- Isle of Murut with clan Raxis

The air purifier being down in the cavern pleased Rashae a great deal. Ardgal’s sudden change in mood though had her puzzled. His emotionless despondent tone was something he did when he was in work mode she thought, but no something was a bit off. There was a sigh as she nodded to the General.

“Have the engineers get it back together and turn it on. It should be at the ceiling over the cavern, centralized for best efficiency to start clearing and purifying this air. We will need to watch the filters. “ She said in an even tone as she tried to look in his eyes. What the hell?

The doctor turned to the little girl who was covered head to toe in ash, the four year old. “Well hello there. I think there is a little girl in here somewhere. “

She patted Alexa’s nose fondly as she picked the kid up and put her on an exam table. Wipes was set down near her as she plucked one out. “Let’s see. There is a nose here. “She wiped the little nose. “And a mouth.” As she did this the girl giggled a bit. “Oh, and there is a forehead. I think I see someone here, but I don’t know.”

“I’m here, I’m here.” She said with another giggle and bright eyes.

“You are?” as she wiped her face and neck clean of ash. “I guess you’re right. There you are.”

She did a quick exam as the girl was mostly fine aside from needing food. “Go on. Get you something to eat. “ Those quick pudgy legs made quick work at finding the food line. There seemed a fairly large portion of kids than adults which means, there are going to be orphans. She read somewhere that in the mandalorian culture, Mandalorians tended to take on other kids and adopt them. It was a common tradition to do so. The village raised the child literally.

“Kathleen, have we made a break schedule?” She asked her head nurse.

“No, doctor. not yet. “ She admitted.

Rashae nodded. “with the air purifier online, let’s get that started so we don’t burn people out early on. “

She went to Ardgal and hooked his arm with hers. “Hey. How about some coffee?” she asked looking up at him before tugging him towards her command tent to make him a cup of coffee. The woman got herself one and sat down at a desk with a tri screen computer up. Updates scrolled in from the second team and the Padme.

Once he had his cup of coffee she let a sip or two hit the tongue before asking directly. “Alright, what’s wrong?”

AS they talked, her com went off as she put it on speaker. They spoke of the large crate coming down with the huge polymer bins. There was a huge smile that spread across her face. “You want to see something really cool!! “ she bit that lower full lip as it plumped out when she released it.

“Come on!!” All the work that went into developing this genetic creation was going to pay off here very soon. She pulled Ardgal up and headed towards the entrance of the lift. She put her rebreather on and headed up the pully system that was now in place for ease of coming and going.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Objective: Begin rebuilding.

Thom had his helmet tucked under his arm as he stood and stared at what remained of the Betna property. A sigh escaped from his mouth. He and countless other members of his clan were born and raised here, and now it was just reduced to ash. With a shake of his head, he looked over his shoulder. Behind him were others willing to help him construct a new Betna homestead.

Thom instructed the group behind him, "Let's get started. Our home won't build itself." With the Young Verd's words, his group began to slowly construct a new Betna homestead.

Artemis Lux

g o l d d u s t w o m a n
M A N D A ‘ Y A I M
A L L I E S: Mando’ade || E N E M I E S: N/A
O B J E C T I V E S: Assess Beskar Reserves, Restore Mandalore
P O S T: 2/10

Molten ash spilled through Artemis’ imploring fingers as she knelt to the desolate earth, silently entreating it to show any sign of life, any indicia at all that Mandalore’s mighty heart still beat beneath its emaciated surface—preferably, in the form of flowing beskar veins. Beskar, beautiful and holy, had built Mandalore more than a millennium before its near-destruction, and it would ensure Mandalore’s survival for millennia still. Beskar was everything—a means of living, a way of life. Liquefied, it was a Mandalorian’s lifeblood. Solidified, it was their sword and shield. Discovering beskar would signal that their homeworld, and their people, were not too far-gone.

It would serve as the morale boost they so desperately needed.

“Over here, too,” called Artemis from her corner of their excavation sector, echoing Alkor. “I think I’ve found something similar.”

Nimble hands coaxed a ridged metallic slab from the dirt, heavy and reluctant to leave its deep-seated sanctuary among the rubble. She brushed it off, astute green eyes tapering in examination. “I’ve never seen beskar in its raw form,” Artemis remarked after a moment, almost reverently, turning the weighty piece of ore over to survey its opposite side. Even through its thick coat of soot, the metal gleamed promisingly. With due care, she passed the slab off to Alkor to join the contents of his rucksack, before resuming her work at Kad’s side.

“I wish the circumstances were different,” Artemis said quietly, hands delving back into the soil. The dimple surfaced in her cheek as her sharp gaze flickered briefly to Kad, offering him a subdued smile. He made it easier to be here. “ . . . but it’s good to be home.”

Artemis might have continued working had something in the atmosphere not shifted. If Mandalore’s surface felt unnerving and forsaken before, it was nothing compared to this. A wraithlike chill crept beneath her armor and ghosted across the smooth olive of her skin, seeping through the lissome muscles of her body and straight into her bones.

It was unnatural.

Dark head lifted from where it was bent over the small quarry, raven curls tumbling wildly down her back as she piqued her feline attention toward [member="Darth Carnifex"].

“Who is that?” Artemis murmured, arching a brow at the exchange between the forbidding newcomer and her comrades. Instinctively, she moved a hand to the curve of her hip, fingers caressing over the hilt of her beskad.

[member="Kad Tor"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Keira Ticon"]

In the mine of Morut, Mandalore
Allies: Everyone (so far), [member="Rashae"]
Enemies: None (So far)
Ardgal nodded at her request. "Can do."

He moved over and joined the mechanics, picking up the tools and helping them put the air purifier back together. He felt a sense of partial release as the analysis implant in his brain began to take over the executive functions. Life was just easier this way. It was easier when people were nothing but tools and machines, it was easier when everything was nothing but a lot of moving parts, when there were no people, only objects, and when there were no feelings just actions.

He pressed force into the hydrospanner in his palm, watching as each of the bolts went in place. He wanted so badly to believe that everything was this simple. That he could just deny the sheer regret inside his soul right now. He longed for that sweet embrace of no feelings nothing but actions right now. But since Felucia, or if here were to be very honest, since Chandrilla with Rashae, he just couldn't go there anymore. He couldn't shut his feelings off. She had opened him up to that side of existence.

The warrior grabbed another hose from the bundle beside him and clamped the two ends together. No, this was not some faucet he could just screw off and on as he wanted. He had found what it meant to feel for once in his life and now he was stuck with it, love it or hate it.

"Sir, a little help?" One of the mechanics asked, motioning to a larger component.

The warrior easily lifted it from the ground, holding it in place as the others got to work.

Yes, even before his augmentation he had a hard time with feelings. He suppressed them, ran from them, and did all he could to make them less than real. He supposed that when he realized he wasn't truly a god and his delusions were shattered that being augmented was just his way of trying to run further.

They finished attaching the parts and he released it, looking over their handywork with a sad, but appraising eye. "Yes. I suppose--"

Rashae said:
“Hey.How about some coffee?”
His lady interrupted his muttering and musings at the right time. The warrior followed her to the small work station. For a normal person the cup would have been a nice dainty size, but for Ardgal, the Styrofoam vessel was almost comically small. He stared at it for several minutes after she had asked him the question, gathering his thoughts. One would almost think that he was ignoring her or hadn't heard her if they didn't see the thoughtful look in his eyes. It wasn't easy for him to put words to his feelings, especially since they were so new to him.

"I feel--" he paused, searching for the right word, "Broken. Like I am--unable to function." he looked out at the kids who were eating, the children she had helped treat. A look of painful longing crossed his face. He allowed himself to feel it, to the fullest. There was no point in fighting it. That would only make it worse. His eyes shifted back to hers with pure saddness, "There are just some things I cannot do. And it hurts me because," his massive right hand took hers gingerly, "I want that for you. For us. If you want that. You deserve that."

He set his cup of coffee down and rose, following her a Rashae led him down through the caverns back to the entrance. There were some strange boxes being handled by some of her workers. He didn't know what it was, but she was excited, and that was always something that helped bring a smile to his face, no matter how bad he felt, "What are we looking at here exactly?"

Manda'lor
Objective: Assess beskar veins
Post 7/22
-----

It did not take long for the ore to be collected as several deposits had been left on the surface. Kad felt as though he was being pulled in opposite directions as [member="Artemis Lux"] and [member="Alkor Centaris"] called to him to look at the deposits. Alkor had thrown his, somthe decision had been made for Kad. He examined it, even pulling out his war hammer, which was nothing more than of his larger smithing hammers. Kad scraped the dirt from it with the back end of it and studied it.

"This is definitely raw beskar ore," Kad said as he tossed it back to Alkor. "We will gather what we can and make the repairs we need to with it once it's melted down. Had I known, I would have built a smelt on Dxun."

He put the warriors back to work, and ventured off on his own. It wasn't long after he was joined by Artemis. Kad couldn't help but smile. There had been an understanding between them since they crash landed a few weeks prior. Being forced to survive together forced them to acknowledge the tension between them, and dangerous game they played. Neither had made any indication whether it should continue or cease. However, they both still sought each other out which Kad believed to be more intentional now.

Her words made him pause. Kad nodded quietly wondering what the sights of Enceri would be. "I wasn't here when it happened. My buire are somewhere underneath the molten remnants of Enceri. If we have time, I would wish to take you there," Kad smiled despite the touch of sadness in his voice. Artemis was right. It was good to have their feet on the planet once more.

The musings were short lived as the Sith finally landed. His signature had been felt a time ago, but now he was in sight. Kad did not wish to approach him, but it seemed he'd made his way to them. He listened. @Keria Ticon had this handeled he believed, and [member="Darth Carnifex"] was merely there to help, at least it seemed on the surface.

"Perhaps you wish to seek out [member="Vilaz Munin"]," Kad suggested. He didn't like Sith near as much as Artemis didn't like the Jedi.

Objective: Beskar for resurrecting an old friend
Post 1

Kurayami had gotten word that the ones considered Mando'ade were gathering at their birthplace, Mandalore. There had been a couple visits here long, long ago, but they had been stop overs to resupply and refuel before continuing on their way. It was not something he remembered well, but he did remember Erich saying something about keeping a low profile and to only speak when he was directly addressed. Something about outsiders. Kurayami sighed slightly at the memory, tough a small smile was on his features. He was here for access to a material that he, as a member of Clan Verd, had every right to claim. Beskar. [member="Alkor Centaris"] had sent him a comms message, as had [member="Keira Ticon"] that there were lodes of beskar that had been uncovered. Ardgal had helped him procure the beskar in his 'Aquila' armored flightsuit, but this time he would bring the ore to be forged for a new reason. As much as he loved his new fighters, he still missed his old A-Wing at times.

As fate would have it he had found his old ship by the registration number, but it was in need of serious upgrades. So for the time it was sitting at Nubia StarDrives, in an unmarked hangar just waiting for it's new systems. Yellow 13, not just the pilot, but now the ship would once more strike fear into the hearts of his enemies. A demon was being reborn, reforged from the fires of destruction, destruction did after all beget creation, just as suffering brought strength.

He landed his X-5 near where Alkor had set down and began walking, letting the scanners in his helm search the area around for a suitable amount of beskar. It would take some time, of that he was sure. As he was walking he did find a small chunk of the ore, the weight was impressive but made him smile, once folded and worked into an alloy this would make for a fine armor on his old fighter.

He approached the group, his pace slowing slightly, though he kep his helmet in place due to the ash all around. He walked up to Alkor and clapped him on the shoulder. The greeting he used may surprise the other man, unless he had already been aware of the fact.

"Su'cuy gar, cousin. How goes the prospecting for ore? I have something I wish to rebuild, and may make more if all goes well."

[SIZE=20pt]Homecoming [/SIZE]​
Location: Mandlore – somewhere near a large group of Mando’ade
Allies: The Mando’ade​

This area was brutal. It was not a typically area Kista normally ventured into. Having recently come into some information there was an armor forge around here before the great cataclysm. She knew well the chances were low that it would still be here. However if it was still partially here she could possible re-forge a new suit of armor.

Hearing a rumbling sound in the sky, Kista looked up. It was a large capital ship. She was sure it was Mando’ade in design. Was it? Kista became a little excited. The hope that it was! Was it possible? Still she was apprehensive there was a chance that it could not be her vod returning. Instead of running down there like a fool she watched. She watched from afar using an old bet up pair handheld binoculars. Many smaller craft landed unloading troops, troops wearing beskar’gam. Many different banners representing a few different clans she could see.

Kista did not trust easily however. So she waited and watched more. They searched the area. Looking for? Kista did not know for sure, she could only guess at the moment. After awhile a large Mando’ade wearing a copper colored beskar’gam approached her location. He did have a couple of guards. Guards who carried axes in their hands? Kista remind hidden. She did not know [member="The Matador"] was a Force User. Thus she would not understand at this time he would have not sensed her because she was Force Dead.

She followed quietly from behind as they slowly reached a cliff up ahead. When the larger Mando’ade went to turn around and face his guards. Kista quickly moved her lithe slender form behind a large rock. When she peeked out behind the rock, the large Mando’ade was about to use his comlimk to talk. Not that Kista would know it but the Matador was going to try to talk to [member="Keira Ticon"].

Su cuy’gar, morutar yaim”, Kista moved out from behind the large rock. When she spoke and came out into view the guards reacted with haste. They whipped about with weapons ready and looked at the diminutive young woman before them.

She wore not beskar’gam, just tattered dirty clothing and a hooded cloak. She did wear a re-breather mask and a pair of goggles. She did not have any weapons drawn. There was a beskad sheathed in a shoulder bandoleer. Upon each hip was a single ripper, revolvers with six chambers each. By her physical appearance, she was a survivor.

Kista smirked noticing the guards’ reaction, “Udesiir b’amr. Ni malyasa’yr va duumir eo at kadala gar!”

Mando'a Translations:
Su cuy’gar, morutar yaim - Hello, welcome home
Udesiir b’amr. Ni malyasa’yr va duumir eo at kadala gar! - Relax boys. I won’t allow anyone to hurt you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom