Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hazmat Run [Republic Dominion of Drongar]

Antares Windu just listened, fascinated. Preacher. A word that he had never heard before. Other than the times it was being used to refer to @[member="Sarge Potteiger"], and when the Master's story was over he said, "interesting." And then eh was silent for what felt like an awkward moment of silence while the only sound was filled with the quiet beeps of the droid and the consoles in the starfighter.

"You were good at it then?" He questioned with the faintest hints of a grin upon his face after he had asked his question. Though he let him answer -- if he wanted to that is, before he continued to say, "then you weren't a Jedi your whole life then. You would have had to have been a 'preacher', for a long time, before you could have gotten such a name, right?" Such a foreign word to him, he had to know more about the mysterious Jedi.

@[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

"Not really, no. I'm 30, mate, but I ain't ever been no Preacher." Gripping the flightstick firmly, he eased forward on the throttle and began heading towards the moon - just so he could get a scan on the other side. "Did a lot of nasty stuff in mah life, mate. Lots of nasty stuff. Ain't none of it all that great."

There was an audible sigh. "I've walked across worlds whose surfaces were turned to ash wastes by turbolaser fire. Nearly died in more ways than I cared to count. Seen most of my friends die long before I ever did; even had to kill a few by my own hands. Can't say I ever was good enough to be a Preacher, mate. But I was never the one to name meself..."

The Windu wasn't exactly sure how to respond. Whenever he asked questions to get to know people, he always found himself in these situations where people dropped a Star Destroyer's weight in emotions upon him, and he never knew what to do. So he always tried to be as sympathetic as possible, but he had never had to kill some of his friends. Maybe fight them, but definitely not kill.

"I do not think you have done so many things within thirty years." Antares stated simply. Probably seemed rude to say such a thing, but it just didn't seem possible to him. However, he never knew. "I'm sorry..." He said softly.

There was a loud, boisterous laugh from the other end. "Lighten up, mate. I'm still breathin'. No need to be apologizin' for that which ya ain't done, ya ken?" The laugh turned to static as the Jedi's fighter disappeared around the moon... and then reappeared around the other side.

The laugh was gone, but the man still sounded happy. "But ya ask and ya get what ya ask for. Always remember; don't be askin' a question ya don't want to know the answer tah."

"Looks like tha space is clear, let's check up on the ground folk."

Antares realized his starfighter was moving quite slow, at least compared to the more experienced Jedi. He heard the laugh cut off, and then Preacher's voice returned to what it had been before. He still sounded happy, at the most joyous. "But have you actually only lived for thirty years, and experienced all of those things?" He asked, obviously more firmly based upon the tone of voice that he had adopted.

The Eta-6a was turning around now, heading back to the planet to comply with the Master's orders.

Journeying with @[member="A'dele Adonai"]’s expedition, Daella wore a full-face respirator mask in order to protect herself from the deadly spores within Drongar’s atmosphere. She along with the rest of the team approached the ancient Sith Temple. Disturbed and flatten foliaged created a path into the dark insides of the building.

Upon entering the Temple, a loud, audible rustling from within echoed out to A’dele and Daella.

Those in the group might have had a bad feeling about this.

After glancing at A’dele for a moment, Daella took her lightsaber hilt from her belt and made her way to the front of the group.

"Ahh, give or take a few centuries, mate." The man said, the laughter in his voice still evident, likely meaning he was entirely joking. "Spent some time as a member of a Rebellion, too. Been all over and then some." Bringing the fighter around toward the planet, he opened a line to the Jedi on the ground.

"@[member="A'dele Adonai"], how're things down there?"

Antares wasn't sure if the man was joking, obviously ignoring the man's tone. He didn't know much about him, besides knowing that he got the job done. Taking in that one dark sider upon some prison planet that he forgot the name of. He had let Antares be the distraction while he flanked around to take the Apprentice in the rear and bring her into their custody. He didn't know what happened to the dark sider after they had left the planet.

"A few centuries...' Antares said aloud to himself. His communications array was off at the moment. "Tell me about this Rebellion." Antares asked. Perhaps he could have heard of it. Then he could actually determine if the Jedi was actually a few 'centuries' old.

His Eta-6a continued on towards the planet behind Preacher's.

@[member="Sarge Potteiger"] - @[member="Sarge Potteiger"] - @[member="Sarge Potteiger"]
@[member="Sarge Potteiger"] - @[member="Sarge Potteiger"] - @[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

Daella continued into the temple despite the sounds in the distance. She kept close to the team while still being at the head.

In an instant though, red lightsaber sprung to life - illuminating a pale Duros male with a rebreather charging at the group. Daella’s lightsaber snapped to life. Several other crimson blades ignited in the shadows. Darksiders had set up an ambush.

Without hesitation, Daella blocked the Duros’s attack and began to fight against him. Those around her, such as @[member="A'dele Adonai"], would have to contend against more darksiders.

@[member="Daella Apparine"] @[member="Antares Windu"] @[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

"There is a disturbance in the Force," came A'dele's reply to Preacher, noticing Master Apparine shooting forward, her blade bursting to life with a snap hiss.

She too, took her saber in hand, the orange glow bathing a small sphere around her. She was not apt at melee combat, but she could at the very least, help in some way. Her forte lay in other matters.

"Stay close," she told the others from behind the biosuit, her voice a bit muffled. That is when the sound of battle broke.

"We have hostiles!" A'dele said with just a slight rise in her voice; normally, the quiet Zabrak rarely ever raised it. For her to do so certainly signified the severity of it.

Another pale faced Duros came from a darkened hallway from Daella's right; A'dele could only react, as her arm went snapping up, gloved hand under the biosuit summoning the force to take a small chuck of debris from the temple to sling it towards the Duros.

A grunt came from his lips as he was flung back under it's weight.

At some moment during the battle, Daella locked her blade with the pale Duros she fought against. The darksider glared at Daella for a moment - extensively utilizing the Force to empower his body and push the Jedi Master slightly back. His voice hissed out as he told her, "I can feel the pow-"

In little time, Daella's blade managed to find itself slicing into the darksider's torso. She repositioned her body to allow her to pivot her lightsaber blade around the darksider's red blade. Daella finished her quick attack and killed the darksider. She turned to @[member="A'dele Adonai"].

The Duros that A'dele flung debris at stumbled back. Yet, it was able to easily recover itself. Daella rushed over to A'dele's side and managed to lock her blade with that Duros - allowing A'dele the opportunity to subdue the enemy.

@[member="Leori Sheltrak"]

Erinyes gave a nod to Master Sheltrak, and with a respectful bow, went over to gather the samples to provide for her to inspect. Ever so carefully, she took first the plant samples. Thin slices of plant matter were placed on small slides for them to inspect under powerful microscopes.

It was a start for finding the cure.

A darksider would try and take advantage of Daella being stuck in a lock with another... It had left her easy prey for an ambush after all.

He raised his lightsaber, hoping to take the head off the blonde... Before a blue lightsaber came out of the man's torso, alerting Daella of the presence behind her.

A hooded figure had intervened at the last moment. As the darksider crumbled to the ground, the man's lightsaber shut off. Without even glancing at the Jedi Master, the figure would disappear...

Just like that. Gone. In thin air, it seemed.

@[member="Daella Apparine"]

The Zabrak moved along with Jedi Master Daella, moving seemingly with unnatural speed to also flick her orange blade towards the Duro's lower leg.

A cry of agony and the scent of burning flesh filled the air as the Duro's right leg went tumbling to the ground, his balance lost as Adele's aber cut straight through just above the knee.

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
It appeared that Talon was likely to scared of the dark to go out to tango with the worm.

This is when Kira stepped up to the plate. "Okay... here we go." she said, rising up to her feet, wiggling her fingers under the thick gloves of the biohazard suit.

All she needed was a tiny piece of it's hide.... that's all...

When @[member="Sarge Potteiger"] didn't answer, Antares figured he fell asleep again and he shook his head slightly. Though his ship had been moving quite fast and he was already speeding through the atmosphere. He wasted no time in expanding his force presence out in every direction below him.

Turning on his communications array he said, "any assistance required, Jedi?"

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Kira Talith

@[member="Antares Windu"]

Kira heard in her bio suit's comm the slightly static filled voice of Windu. With a grin, she replied back, "Only if you want to ride a bucking worm, Windu."

Yes that was a challenge.

In the next instant Kira was after the enormous worm. She just need a little piece of it!

The words that had entered Windu's minds weren't believed at first, but when he realized it was @[member="Kira Liadain"] talking, the Jedi who always did plays with younglings. The one who had taught him the basis of force Stun, he knew it was no jest.

So the Jedi that was Antares Windu homed in on the Master's last message and within three minutes he was leaping out of his ship to find that Jedi Master.

Kira Talith

It wouldn't take long for Windu to find her. By then, she was holding onto the worm for dear life!

"Gahhh!" she gave a small cry, but not really in any danger; the worm just did not approve of the Jedi attempting to get a snip of a scale at his back. THis might be a bit more work than she'd originally planned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom