Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hazmat Run [Republic Dominion of Drongar]

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
@[member="Karen Roberts"] @[member="Leori Sheltrak"] @[member="ARC-052 Dish"] @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @[member="Antares Windu"] @[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

"I don't care what there is, dope it out and make sure they have support both on the planet and above it. Understood?" The look on Ayumi's face was more then enough to make him go away. Then she got the news and heard it, enemy ship... well that just made it more interesting and her eyes flicked over to the viewport before speaking to a soldier. "Try to take one or two alive, we'll find out where they are in this area of space and wipe them out."

Nico Ike Qarmast

The Wayward of Clan Qarmast
"Damn pirates" Nico looked at the ship while she ran and held her sabers. She secured them while clenching her hands going after the controls. The few soldiers she had able to be used for boarding and with a smirk she spoke. "This is Nico I am heading out to board one of them, lets go and kick some pirate butt." Her face was alight with enjoyment at the idea of showing what she could do to her master though just like on Dac and on Korriban as the ship went up and headed out of the hanger.

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
@[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

OBJECTIVE : ANNOY SARGE...eventually. Maybe even collect samples of Bota to see if there was a way to reverse the mutation. Hazmat Suits would be required while on planet. We'll see. 'pends on what happens.

There was a squeaking coming from a common area inside one of the transports. It was Kira. Walking all kinds of awkward with a hazmat suit.

Not cool.

Her temples were already sweaty, blond hair sticking to her cheeks, and it was kinda hard to breath with the full mask on. "Is this on right?" she asked a fellow Knight beside her, the thick awkward gloves patting the clear mask over her face.

"Man does this thing CHAFE the thighs!"

Objective: Dirtside duties...

"Do I even need one of these things?" Talon asked the logistics officer as he put on his assigned hazmat suit. "I'm not even a part of the animal kingdom!"

"Just wear the suit..." the man said as he moved on.

"I'll where the suit." Talon said pulling on the helmet. "See wearing it. Ima wear the suit."

He shook his head as he walked to the Jedi staging area and checked his gear. One stray hug from someone less than friendly and he'd be out of the thing anyway.

"He got into postion to begin and activated his comm unit.

"Vosra ready."

Destination: Dirtside
Transport: Landing Mode

"Al'Orren, ready."

The feline then muttered under her breath in her native Felacatian and hoped that no one within earshot understood. It was enough of a problem when she muttered at Sarge and he understood her perfectly. She gave up and sighed, glancing up suddenly as a new voice echoed along the public comm channel built into her suit. A grin curled her lips as she inhaled sharply, internally cursing the suits filtering for taking away one of her most powerful senses.

"They can decontaminate the suit exteriors far more efficiently than us, I'm afraid. Look on the bright side...we...all match...in this horrible day-glo orange. Hard to lose sight of each other when we're all clad in such eye-blindingly uncomfortable fashion." Mara smiled and fussed with the seals around her wrists once more, before her slitted golden gaze flicked between Talon and Kira.

The transport itself shortly began landing procedures, with the lights in the staging area flicking to a flashing red. It meant that those not going groundside had to leave the cargo area so it could be sealed off to keep the rest of the ship safe from viral contamination.

@[member="Ayumi Pallopides"] @[member="Talon Vosra"] @[member="Kira Liadain"] @Karen Roberts @Leori Sheltrak @ARC-052 Dish @Antares Windu @Sarge Potteiger

@[member="Kira Liadain"] @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"]

"You look...well...um." he said as he looked a Kira. "Well it's on. Thats good."

He looked at the other Jedi he thought he may have seen before but couldn't place.

"Well it could be worse I guess." He said trying to sound upbeat.

"You know when I fought the Mando's orange meant 'lust for life' maybe we'll get lucky." He said with a grin. "Are you feelin the lust for life?"

ON PIRATE SHIP

These pirates had served a purpose and gotten her this far as she moved standing at the back of a few of them. A look on her face while her full mane of red hair came out to frame her, a massive grin making it well worth the moment before she pointed to ones heading groundside and ones preparing for them. "We'll board as many as we can and take them down, remmeber the jedi and commanders we can ransom back to the Republic, you want a large pay day yes?" The men gave nods while the large zeltron chuckled. "THen it is time to move forward with this."

@[member="Reiko Ike"]

"And this is the Lianna planet where Seinar is." Orihime had a grin on her face at that while she moved about the area and was looking at the galaxy map on the holo display and moving the images. There was a great many things she could do with it taking into account all the new systems and sectors they had at their disposal. Seeing Troiken and Rhen Var where their mother was looking to create or rebuild one of her oldest homes. A temple her master had taken care of before it was destroyed. Now she was enjoying the sights seeing the reports and positions of the Orbalisk network at work. "So much stuff we can go and see now."

Kira Talith

OBJECTIVE : ANNOY SARGE...eventually. Maybe even collect samples of Bota to see if there was a way to reverse the mutation. We'll see. 'pends on what happens.

Kira wasn't quite satisfied with that answer from Talon, and she kept awkwardly patting her mask as if to make sure it was on correctly.

"I should have put on pants under this thing," she muttered out, giving a slight wince at the chafing of her thighs. "Is it just me or does this thing itch?" she asked @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @[member="Talon Vosra"].

Of course that's when Talon made his rather odd suggestive comment. Enter a rather confused and slightly perturbed look.

tumblr_inline_mh0fyfexe01qkavmj.gif
"Huh... This is what happens when you spend too many late nights swinging your stick around, Greeny." she shot back, shaking her head with amusement as she then turned to Marakai.

"So, they are providing lunch right? Maybe we'll get a hot plate this time around. Those meals ready to eat really block up my system." she admitted, rubbing her stomach over the hazmat suit.

Leave it to Kira to just ruin the mood.

Knight looked at the pirates that were coming and she sat there, this time for the moment letting her duties as a jedi be more the conscious effort. She wasn't going to get held up with exarch duties just working to help somewhere in the galaxy was enough and securing a bolter with her sabers and robes while she went with the soldiers. This could help improve relations with the protectorate but it could also help her know what was hidden on the outer rim world that alone had piqued her curiosity. "Alright prepare for boarders."

Transports en route to set down upon the surface of Drongar

Soon, it did not take long for the transports containing the scientific and medical team to land after an area being secured by the forward recon team. A'dele Adonai, the chief archivist of the Ossus Academy lead the expedition for searching of anything of importance artifact wise. If there was anything left by the Sith Empire, it would require great care.

While she would not be with the biochemical medical research team, she would still require the proper equipment to transverse across Drongar's surface. Which is why she was suited up in a bio-hazard suit as well.

Within moments, the roar of the engines turned to a low hum, as the slight shifting of the ship singled their landing.

"Let us go," she instructed to the academic Jedi and researchers beside her, as she led the small group to the exit.

Kira Talith

Transports en route to set down upon the surface of Drongar
MEDICAL RESEARCH TEAM

"Welp... looks like we finally landed!" Kira told the others who were in the group with her to go a hunting for samples of Bota to see if there was a way to reverse the mutation.

"Let's go first set up a perimeter and clear the area for any hostiles while the medic team goes out to gather the samples," instructed Kira to @Knight @[member="Orihime Ike"] @[member="Talon Vosra"] @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"]

With that, in full hazmat suits, the door to their transport slowly slid open with the creaking of hydraulic gears. They were off.

Leori left the comms on and the volume up as loud as it would go. Then she moved to a mobile laboratory that she'd set up during the hyperspace trip. The teams would need time to collect the samples. While they worked, she too could work at studying Bota. Under the microscope she could see a sample of it. Unfortunately, it was in shorter supply these days. The Jedi Master could only hope that the Bota on the surface had not mutated beyond being useful.

The Jedi Master picked up a datapad with previous genetic analysis of the Bota. She looked between the data pad and through the microscope, trying to fit the pieces together in her mind as she waited for a sample of the planet's bota.

@[member="Leori Sheltrak"]

In the mobile laboratory, Erinyes quietly worked around Jedi Master Sheltrak as an assistant. The Shi'ido was pleasant, and gave a small smile to the Jedi Healer, as she provided more samples for the Jedi master to inspect.

"Doth thou see a reason for the mutation, Master Sheltrak?" came her soft question, curiosity in her verdant gaze.

@[member="Erinyes Draclau"]

Leori sighed. "Unfortunately I do not. That tells me that something on the planet changed. I will need to see if the samples from the planet will be salvageable. It is possible that the soil was tainted, or the water, or that the bota is simply evolving. I will know more when the teams bring back the samples. There are too many variables at the moment."

She paused as she considered the ramifications of each variable. There would be much work to do to salvage any bota that could be used.

Erinyes gave a slight nod, her blue skin lightly shimmering under the laboratory lights. "Hath there been any environmental changes?" she asked, "Mayhaps during the Sith acquisition of the planet?" she considered.

"Could mayhap, it pertain to to Sith Sorcery or alchemy?" she offered another hypothesis.

"Environmental changes would be difficult to determine without samples. But, it is more than possible that the Sith poisoned the world with their sorcery. Hopefully the cause is determined and can be rectified without wasting other resources." Other than time and man power and equipment that was being used for analysis the Jedi Master meant.

"The Sith cause far more damage than they realize. I can only hope that they haven't permanently scarred this world."

Erinyes` eyes seemed to drift off, lost in her own memories for a moment. In her mind, she relived the horrors her father, @[member="Malice Draclau"], had done in his bloody trail to rule over her mother's throne by way of the blade. A somber expression drew over the Shi'ido's face, and she gave a nod.

"The path of the Dark hast birth a corruption that tis difficult to overcome, and perhaps cure." she admitted, turning her gaze up to meet that of the Master, "If it be due to sorcery... by what means would we be able to heal it?"

Leori considered a response to her question. "That is a very good question. It will depend on the extent of the damage, but if it is not too great, we could try to induce regeneration. Or cleanse samples as we would cleanse one of poison." It would be very time consuming and energy consuming. Testing would determine whether or not it was even a viable option.

That is when Erinyes's eyes grew wide, "Would... mayhap, an experiment on this particular sample suffice? For preliminary testing?" she asked, for there were few things the Shi'ido was adept with.

The ability to use Force light was one of them. It would be time consuming to try every force technique available, but if they could rule out alchemy or sorcery, all the better.

"Mayhaps, attempting various force techniques first to determine if it is due to sith manipulation."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom