Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hazmat Run [Republic Dominion of Drongar]

@[member="Erinyes Draclau"]

Leori shook her head. "These are clean samples. I've been familiarizing myself with them on every front I can think of. If I had the samples, we could have already tested. That is why we are waiting. We need samples of everything, the water, the soil, dead animals, even the air. I can determine similar elements, genes, and so on, with a basis for comparison."

@[member="Orihime Ike"] @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @[member="Kira Liadain"]

"Swing my stick if I want." Takon muttered as he walked to the exit. "Whadda you know about my stick."

For once Kira had shut the Zelosian up. Still a little hurt over his recent attempt at a relationship he kept his comments under his breath and followed the Jedi team. He hoped he could collect the Bota for in the nessicary amounts until then he would try and keep his comments light and rare.

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
@[member="Talon Vosra"] @[member="Orihime Ike"] @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @Kira Liadain

Kira's eyes gave a subtle widening, staring at Talon through the clear film of her bio-hazard suit at the Zelonsian. Well someone's broody, she mused, only to watch him with a heightened level of concern as she read his body language, well as much as she could, through the hazmat suit.

They all began to walk down the ramp, with Kira holding a small tote full of potential sample gathering items, a flashlight in the other. A few quiet seconds passed before she asked @[member="Talon Vosra"], "Hey... you okay?"

"Everything alright, Greeny?"

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

"Hmmm?" He said as he turned to look back at his usual verbal jousting partner. "Yeah I'm ok. Just couldn't think of a come back. That's all. Absolutely great!"

He walked on still regretting the ill placed comment about lust for life.

'Nice one Talon' he said to himself.

'Next time why don't you stick both feet in your mouth why don't cha' he continued silently. 'Sheesh! You're a Jedi knight! Talking like that in front of padawans!'

Talon realized a little late that lil'blue could read him like a book and took a breath. He exhaled slowly and took a calming breath. The mission would cheer him up. Activity had a wonderful way of clearing the mind.

Kira Talith

@[member="Talon Vosra"]

Dirt and small tuffs of plants crunched under their heavy boots, Kira's flashlight providing a measure of light in the twilight that surrounded them. They ambled away, their little researching group, as they dove deeper into the jungle.

"Uhhh.... ya sure?" she asked again, nudging at his rubber arm with her flashlight, lightly swinging the medical tote in her other hand. Concern lit her face, her voice a bit lower for him to be able to hear.

"Ahh... what's going on?" she asked him, as they went past a small area with a large number of trees. They would soon come to a stop to start collecting samples of the purple blue moss.

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Talon focused on the beams of light as his Zelosian eyes struggled to see in the dark. He was not as nervous as he had been in darkness but being blind was still not his favorite condition. She nudged him gently and snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Whaaat? Nothins u...I'm busted, aren't I?" He said finally as they got closer to the Bota beds. He couldn't see color in such low light, but at least he could make out most things.

"I kinda got 'dear Jek'd'." He whispered finally.

Kira Talith

@[member="Talon Vosra"]
Investigating the local area, searching for samples of Boca, water, air and such.

They found the beds of Boca rather readily, at least, the light from Kira's flashlight helped. It was twilight, but still enough to see. Of course, for the Zelosian, that would be a different story.

Kneeling down gently, Kira set the tote beside her, between her and Talon, watching him carefully for a moment as she tried to process what he said. It took a bit, his voice was really low, and it didn't help that they had the bio-hazard suits.

"You were what?" her rather large gloves went to rest on top of the tote, opening it slowly. Unfortunately, she didn't get the reference. Blame it on a lack of dating.

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Talon turned his head check for the Paddies. Then he knelt down to help gather the moss and other samples. He was not so good at this stuff. He had exactly one relationship ever so he got most of everything else from holovids and music.

"I went and started seeing someone and she sent me a message on my data pad to explain the transfer of her affections." He said as he prepared for the inevitable ribbing he was sure to take.

Kira Talith

@[member="Talon Vosra"]

Oooooooooooo... Kira gave a wince behind her helmet, the plastic of her face shield fogging up a bit as she took a small vial and unscrewed the top. That... is not good.

She gave a cluck of her tongue, not quite sure how to say. That is a rough way to end something. Via datapad message.

"Well," she began, waving her arms a bit in emphasis, "Think of the credits you are saving!" she tried to be perky, "And the dataplan." she added, but it was clear she was just trying to cheer him up.

After a moment, she added more quietly, "If she couldn't see your awesomeness Talon, then it's her loss." holding the jar to him so he could put in samples of the mutated Boca inside.

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Talon began putting the samples into the containers for study and hopefully they could get some good results.

"Thank you, Kira" he said as his cheeks turned green. A Zelosian blush was not something often seen. "That makes me feel better."

He did feel a little better. He hadn't really told anyone so it was good to just have it out finally.

"I reeeeally don't get paid enough for long distance holocalls." He tried to joke. It felt weird being surious. "And late night stick waving is exhausting."

@[member="Talon Vosra"] @[member="Kira Liadain"]

She had wandered a short distance away, the harshness of Kira's flashlight necessary for herself and Talon to see by. But decidedly not necessary for the half-Felacatian Padawan, who simply allowed her shift to overtake her eyes only. A useful trick, leaving her slitted golden gaze perfect with which to see by.

Out of earshot to their quiet conversation, Mara concentrated on gather samples from another bed of the mutated Bota. This one was close to a small spring, the water of which was also worth collecting. Perhaps there would be some indication as to why the mutation had occurred if they could understand what nourished the medicinal plant.

With great care, she carefully extracted several tiny bota plants with their roots intact, placing them into the taller of the sample jars in the kit she had taken. Mara took the care to label each of the jars with the precise location using the coordinates from the wrist display on her suit. Samples of water and dirt were next, labeled and neatly arrayed with the same care.

She paused, a vial of dirt in her gloved hands, and tilted her head as best she could within the confines of the silly suit. She cursed the suit and its horrible dampening of her natural senses with a soft tirade in Felacatian that she hoped wouldn't carry. Mara could have sworn she'd heard something, but whether it was out in the environment or part of her suit's filtering system, she simply couldn't be sure.

Kira Talith

@[member="Talon Vosra"] @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"]

She matched his grin with one of her own. At least he was smiling again. That's when she heard a small noise to the right, at about the same time as Mara did, prompting the Lorrdian to quickly close the lid of her sample.

"What was that?" she asked, setting the sample jar in the research tote. It had clearly not been due to the suit's filtering system. Kira's flashlight went dancing into the jungle behind her, silently cursing having this suit that seemed to suffocate her senses.

"Did you hear that?" she asked Talon and Marakai.

@[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @[member="Kira Liadain"]

He looked up quickly. His eye sight was not great but his hearing was still fine.

"Yeah." he said as his emerald eyes scanned the dark in vain, "but I don't know what it was."

He slowly stood and listened carefully. 'shuffle shuffle' There it was again. There was something moving in the underbrush near by. He pushed his face plate trying to get a better view and slowly called on the force for sight. It was something alright but he couldn't tell what. However what he did know was it was not far from a patch of Purple stingwort.

"Don't get near those plants but the noise came from that direction." He said pointing at the venomous flora. "If those toxins get into a mammal's lungs it's almost instant death."

On the surface of Drongar
Objective, aid in collecting samples as well as locate any potential Sith artifacts left behind.

A'dele with her small team went the other direction, walking deeper into the jungle, large mushrooms towering over her almost like large trees. The Zabrak held a small datapad in her hands, scanning for any kind of radiation.

So far, nothing out of the ordinary. With a motion of her head behind the biohazmat suit, A'dele motioned for the rest of the group to follow her on a southward path.

@[member="Kira Liadain"] @[member="Talon Vosra"]

With a moment of quiet concentration, she set the vial of dirt down in its proper clip, and closed the now full case of specimens she'd collected. She moved slowly and quietly, setting the case back out of the way before going a few steps closer to where Kira and Talon stood. She bit her lower lip and gazed towards the purple stingwort, gloved fingers holding her mask in place as she tried to focus through the minor distortion it presented.

It was enough to give the feline the first traces of a headache.

Mara's slitted golden gaze spotted movement in the shadows, just beyond the edge of Kira's flashlight and at the edge of the patch of vegetation. A moment later and it slithered into view, nearly four meters long and perhaps a half meter through the middle. Blinking in surprise, she glanced to Kira and Talon.

"Is that a wriggler? I read about them on the way over...didn't think we'd see one."

@[member="Kira Liadain"] @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @AC Jazz

Talon nodded as he used the force to help hom see. It wasn't easy but he could make it out a bit.

"I can't see it that well but I think so." He said looking a Kira. "Should we sick the jumping beans on it?"

He looked ar the padawan having to half turn his whole body to see her.

"No?" He said "not funny?"

He would be trying to live down the lust for life comment forever. He could tell.

Kira Talith

@[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @[member="Talon Vosra"]

A Wriggler? Kira's brow shot up high into the straight fringe of her bangs. "Ahhh... " well considering it's girth, "yeaaaaahh... it just might be!" she said with a bit of alarm. They were known to give off an electrostatic charge, and considering they were the biggest kind of animal on the planet, should be treated cautiously.

That is, if one knew about them to begin with.

A faint glare went over at Talon's direction at the quip about sticking a bean in it. She figured it was a reference to her, and as such, a heavily wrapped bio-suit covered hand went smacking Talon's shoulder.

"Is that so?!" she told him, eyeing him with a shrewd gaze. "Well we gotta get as many samples as we can... including THAT guy," she pointed to the wriggler.

"Come on Talon, how about you show me some of your hunting skills?" a wink was then shot off to Mara.

This... just might get a whole new kind of interesting.

@[member="Kira Liadain"] @[member="Talon Vosra"] @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @A'dele Adonai @[member="Erinyes Draclau"]

Leori was getting antsy. She knew that it would take time to collect the samples, but she also knew that time was of the essence. She moved to the comm until and put out a general inquiry to all on the frequency.

"Does anyone have samples for me yet?"

Colonel Guderian stood in his quarters on-board the Elemental, while following all the news about what was happening in this current mission. He was assigned to this mission by higher command after the war with the Sith had ended with Republican victory. Guderian was looking forward to this mission as there was high potential of meeting remaining forces of the Sith, he believed that the Sith need to be chased down as they will always pose a big threat to the galaxy, yet the colonel was against the fact of overusing resources for these seek and destroy type of mission and believed resources should be focused on other fronts.
Guderian was not a big fan of the Jedi Order, neither were they fond much of his way of handling things. The colonel opposed the bringing of so many Jedis to this mission, it was useless according to him and the military could easily handle this mission with as low as possible amount of Jedi on their side. Guderian disliked the Jedi Order's independancy as their spontaneous actions could hinder effectiveness of the military's skirmishes, despite that he believed they were a useful asset to the Republic.
The appearace of potential hostile ships in the atmosphere intrigued Guderian highly and he believed it was time for the military to step out and get down on the planet. The chaos after the defeat of the Sith Empire had torn apart a lot of the discipline in the military and a commander of this mission was not particularly specified.

The colonel turned on his communications on the Republic and Jedi channels and spoke:
"This is Colonel Guderian speaking. I am not aware of the leader of this operation. I request to be informed as I would like a permission the Republic Army to commence landing operations with the aim of increasing security on the planet. I am fully aware of the hazardous environment but the troops assigned on this mission are more than capable of engaging in combat in such conditions."
e cut the communications and awaited an answer.

Objective: Clear the system of any hostiles
------------------------------------------------------

uVgn9Ga.png

Elsewhere, deep in the bowels of the Elemental . . .
Hasjo sat in the comfortable, leather seat of his Delta-7B. He reached over his shoulder, grappling with the restraints. He pulled them across his chest in an X, buckling himself in. He turned to the transparent glass, calling to his astromech droid via the communication device planted in his left ear. "R9, prepare systems. Run diagnostics for oxygen and fuel levels. Check laser cannons"
R9-LH, the orange coloured droid happily whistled and beeped. Hasjo glanced to the holographic screen before him. The deep rumble of the aircraft awoke as propulsion engines came to life. A display of registered diagnostic results morphed before him. Fuel 98.6% . . . . Air 99.9% . . . . Laser Cannons - Four/Four Operational.
Hasjo opened a comm-link to the bridge "This is Padawan Hallu preparing for flight. Objective; Clear the system of all and any hostiles. Permission to depart?" He eased himself into the chair, awaiting the order. Glancing around the hangar, pilots and soldiers were preparing other starfighters and transports. He felt at peace in the seat here. As though no one could touch him. It was a reoccurring sensation whenever he was in the cockpit of a star fighter. He turned downward as thoughts barraged his mind. At the ripe age of twenty, he was still masterless. He heard a voice murmur in the darkest pits of his mind; pathetic. He shook his head, clearing his mind. Setting aside thoughts and emotions, as he had learned to do. He looked over to R9 who sat in the astromech droid fitting. His 'eye' looking back at him. He smiled and asked "Ready for some fun?"
The droid once more responded with a series of merry whistles and tweets. They had only just met, not twenty-five minutes ago during the mission briefing. He was assigned for Seek & Destroy while safeguarding those placing early-warning beacons. He had never flown this vessel before, nor been on a mission with this droid. It was all new to him, but flying was something he was great at. An Ace, some called him. And he looked forward to working with this droid again, if they ever got the chance.
@[member="Guderian"]
@[member="[URL="http://starwarsrp.net/user/179-karen-roberts/"]Karen Roberts[/URL]"]
@[member="Antares Windu"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom