Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coruscant System
Planet Coruscant
Upper City, Sector 24-F
The Dead Man's Hand Tavern
st-nicks-pub_s345x230.jpg
The alcohol never talks back to me,
It never tells me when it's time to go home.
It's been my friend for over 25 years,
And she has never cut me low.
The older you are, the wiser you get,
Just listen to me!
When life gets tough and you know it will,
Then have a drink on me!

Oh no, he would not be denied. Not by anyone or any THING. No, this was a night where the ancient, powerful Sith Lord known as Ket Van Derveld had his way, the factions that existed in this piss-poor excuse for a galaxy could kiss his lilly white arse. He'd been around too long and done too much to let anyone alive tell him what to do. Oh, He knew damn well that this bar was on the capital world of the Sith, and that the Republic was so desperate to reclaim it that they were even more allied with the Protectorate. He knew the Mandalorians would come at the Protectorates beck and call like the obedient lapdogs that they were. He knew full well the Abrion Systems Authority would end up chasing the Protectorate to the ends of the universe, and he just laughed about it. He'd see it all, he'd heard more, and he'd have the last laugh, one way or another.

Ket meandered over to the jukebox, and plunked a few credits into it's waiting slot. He flipped through a few songs, when a rather large man came up to him, pissed off and with more than his fair share of beer coursing through his system...

"Hey, you, don't change that, I'm listening to it!"

"Oh?" Ket said, turning his head to face the man. "And what if I decide to put something else on, hmm?"

"I'll turn you into bantha fodder, old man."

"Old man?" Ket closed his eyes, and laughed as he shook his head.

"You sorry, sad, sackass piece of gutter trash."

Ket grinned, as the rather massive man charged after him. Ket raised his hand, and let loose the Force, gripping the man by his skull. He lifted him up through the tendrils of the Force, and chuckled as the man clawed at thin air, screaming like a little girl, begging to be let down. "Oh, you like to talk, but you can't handle an old man?"

Ket's grin turned even more sinister, and with but a thought, plucking the strings of the Darkness, The large oaf's skull exploded like a grape being smashed, brain matter, skull fragments, and blood splattering every which way. People looked up, screaming and making like a herd of Bantha for the door. Meanwhile, Ket looked back to the jukebox, and finally selected a song he rather felt like listening to.

"Ah, much better."

One wondered who might have the stones to not just show up, but actually confront him. Oh, he was not only hoping for it, he was begging for it.

[member="Darth Junra"], [member="Darth Isolda"], [member="Curupira Hawk"], [member="Ahani Najwa"], [member="Cat Van-Derveld"], [member="Spencer Jacobs"], [member="Darth Sinna"], [member="Darth Janus"]

(Come on, Galaxy. Come play with me, if you got the stones! ;) )

Aldous Hofmann

Pilot, Welder, Troublemaker
Hofmann watched with a degree of bizarre fascination as one of the two men who'd been arguing by the jukebox exploded and threw their essence all over the Tavern. The source of the explosion was the surviving man, who radiated a dark aura that permeated the room more than the brains and organs of the now deceased drunkard. It was so surreal and sudden that if Aldous had taken his normal cocktail of psychedelics he would've believed he'd hallucinated it. Since this was only a day stop on the way to greener pastures, the welder had refrained for fear of ending up in a Sith jail.

The air had grown cold.

A sharp chill shot up Aldous's spine.

He became visibly on edge and felt the feeling he imagined a mouse might while crossing an open field, fearful of the hovering owls that might swoop down and with a fearful screech smash every bone in the mouse's frail body. Whoever the bastard was the vibes he was sending off were those of a hunter. As if whoever bolted for the door or questioned him would likewise be crushed.

Aldous remained in his seat and sipped on his beer, feeling that something else would explode in the establishment in short order.

Couldn't help it just what in tar and hutt was she doing down here. Or even for that matter a planet like this, oh that was right profit in the black market. This bring a clear smirk upon her lips. It was amazing what people would do for a nice juicy steak now days with so much war and the way things was bring run around the galaxy. It wasn't like she had to do much talking into getting the load she had brought with her bought in one lump sum.

This in it self was reason enough to celebrate it wasn't like it was burning a hole in her pocket. Okay so her share was maybe a little bit. Beside it had been what now looking up at one of the billboards. A hole 10mins with out a drink in her hand. That was something she would have to change. Walking down to find a watering hole of sorts. Only to cause herself to take notice of ones that seem to be pouring out like jaws out of a sand-crawler. Herself just going to keep walking she wasn't looking for trouble. It was that tingle tingle she getting from inside of her. It was a present she had felt before. Pausing for some time before using her better judgement. "OH bite the nerf what the heck.", as she took off to the door waiting until all was gone after all just a peek in would be all she would take.

It was what or who she saw in there giving out a large snort. "Should known this was your handy work here.", looking at the barkeeper that seem to wanting to melt away to nothing. "I want your finest whiskey I don't met that water down stuff you give to everyone joe off the street I"m not your avg. jane doe, sweet pea.", as she just smirk as she waited seeking that his hands was shaking.

This only gave her amused chuckle turning to Ket, "Nice choice of music, can I get a hell yea sweet cheeks." as she was handed her drinks with the one servant it to her keeping his eyes down.

[member="Aldous Hofmann"] [member="Ket Van Derveld"]

He had found himself in the bar where he was to meet an informant. Some bear of a man who had the goods on a bounty he and the Beskar'ad were here to collect. Bouncing credits in his pants pocket he took out two and ordered a whiskey. Taking the glass he noticed the stains on the mug before shrugging and taking a swig. Fire burned in his throat at the rotgut but instead of coughing he laughed. You get what you pay for, he thought to himself.

Then he caught a view of some action by the jukebox and recognized the large man as his tipster. Leaving the bar he paused as his informant ws dangled through the force then received a bad case of 'head'. As the body dropped and the older gent stood half gloating half challenging the room Kal had an irrational emotion seize him. One might call it foolishness.

Moving to the body he looked from the splattered brains to the man enjoying the music and the attention of everyone in the bar, including a forward woman. "Osik. He too pretty for you?" Kal chuckled even as he recognized the cold aura resonating in the air. Looking at the dead man then back to the other gent Kal hooked his thumbs in his belt. "You a headcase or something?" Amused at his own comic genius he motioned to the jukebox. "You're dating yourself there gramps. And ruined my lead. The least you owe me is a drink." Kal had gett'se, he just didn't know if it was balls or courage. And at the irritated moment he didn't rightly care which.

[member="Seanna Vel"] [member="Aldous Hofmann"] [member="Ket Van Derveld"]

Silara had been sitting not too far away from where the short, and rather pitiful excuse for one at that, brawl started. The minute the man was raised into the air was the moment she rolled her eyes and scooted over into the seat closest to the wall, holding up a hand as she looked away, as if disgusted by what she had expected to occur. And happened it did, the rupturing of the man's head was so disgustingly bloody and gory that the high-class woman almost couldn't stomach it - publicly. Rather, the raised hand acted as a passive telekinetic force, keeping all the nasty bits and pieces from showering over her blonde hair and shimmering black glistaweb dress. While she was certainly overdressed for such an establishment, she had often came to the bar for the drinks, and it wasn't her fault that she only bought the best with what she could afford. "Do you mind? Some of us have this thing called an appetite. Mine nearly left me, no thanks to the crudeness you seem to openly display." She nearly spat at the man, not at all caring whether or not he was a capable force adept. She did, however, shoot the rather foolish Mandalorian a glare, as he was far outclassed from what she could sense through the force.

[member="Ket Van Derveld"] | [member="Kal Kandossii"] | [member="Seanna Vel"] | [member="Aldous Hofmann"]

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
High heels clacking on the floor, the redhead entered the bar and let the doors close behind her. She could recognize the music well enough to know who had put it up though didn't linger too long on it, golden gaze going through the crowd.

First, she found Ket. That was an easy one. Her eyes slowly moved to the side, all the red catching her attention. She recognized the figure instantly, the same female having already aggravated her mate after her display with Marek. How she dealt with Marek and how her mate handled her then was one thing, but right now, Curupira did not appreciate one bit how she was attempting to get Ket's attention. Moving towards them, her hand dug into her shorts pocket, the credits making sounds as they moved against each other, before she dug out a few of them. Calling the Force to her command, she sent the coins fly through the air, letting them land into the jukebox slot.

A moment later, she was on the side of the jukebox, selecting the song she wanted. Turning on her heel, her gaze landed on [member="Seanna Vel"], letting the lyrics do the talking.

Though it was only then that she actually noticed that the other redhead wasn't the only thing interesting in the establishment right now. The blood, the body, the brain matter, the two other people talking. "Aww, you started without me," she just commented, turning to Ket, a half pout forming on her lips.

@Ket Van Dervel | [member="Darth Sinna"] | [member="Kal Kandossii"] | [member="Aldous Hofmann"]

Oh for feth's sake...

Cat zipped up his trousers and quickly washed his hands before exiting the washroom, already having a mental grip on the hilt of his lightsaber and the knife he always carried. Surveying the scene for a few moments, he shook his head before crossing over to where Ket and the others stood, collecting his whiskey from the bar along the way.

"You really need to work on your tolerance for idiots, brother."

Lifting the glass to his lips, he paused, glancing down into the strangely red liquid and seeing an eyeball looking back at him from among the cubes of ice. His unusually calm gaze turned to Ket.

"Seriously?"

He shook his head, before promptly slapping the Sith Lord sharply round the back of the head. The perks of being family.

"The next one's on you."

Hytiix

Wondering Findsman
Hytiix’s head turns a bit towards the sound generated from the brawl. The Gand’s compound eyes focused on the individuals involves but he did not get up. Instead, Mizgar reached under the loose fit trench coat he wore over his natural brown chitin exoskeleton and pushes against something hidden until a faint *click* was heard to anyone close by. Afterwards, he withdraws the hand and places it back around the drink before him. Unlike most Gand’s seen throughout the galaxy, Hytiix was a lung-less variant and required no breathing apparatus. Regardless, a breathing mask sat dangling around his neck.

“Funny. Why do they fight over such things?” he asked himself out loud then shrugs before opening his circular mouth and takes a slow sip through his straw.

“..Regardless, Hytiix finds them interesting.” He says again by himself in third person, as most Gands do due cultural reasons. Finally, Mizgar redirects his attention over towards [member="Cat Van-Derveld"] spotting him burst from the washroom.washroom. Hytiix’s head turns a bit towards the sound generated from the brawl. The Gand’s compound eyes focused on the individuals involves but he did not get up. Instead, Mizgar reached under the loose fit, somewhat aged brown trench coat he wore of his natural brown chitin exoskeleton and pushes against something hidden until a faint *click* was heard to anyone close by. Afterwards, he withdraws the hand and places it back around the drink before him.

Smiling like the rakishly good-looking devil that I am, I waltzed toward the bar, driven by a rather dire thirst for the nectar of the gods. Earlier that morning I'd complemented myself on my attire: white and grey stripped tunic and plain brown pants. I was entirely unworthy of attention, aside from my wickedly handsome appearance of course, but you already knew that.

I swung open the door to the bar, a disarming smile affixed to my face, ready for alcohol and women. Instead, I saw a roomful of mean individuals, stupidly gorgeous women, and several people I was sure I'd seen on "Galaxy's Most Wanted."

My natural inclination was to run and I took a step backward with every intention of doing exactly that, but sadly I bumped into an enormous wookiee, who shoved me forward with one of those out-of-my-way-or-I'll-kill-you kind of shoves. Duly motivated to keep walking forward, I traipsed up to the bar, pouring every ounce of focus into reinvigorating the slowly fading smile affixed to my face.

This was very difficult, for no sooner did I come up to the bar than some Butch-looking psychopath lifted someone into the air without using his hands.

"Aha, that'd be the Force at work," thought I, feeling clever. My senses finally attuned to the rest of the room and I realized it was practically humming with powerful Force Auras. At about the same time, the poor chap hanging in the air began squealing like a stuck pig. I looked up in time to witness his skull explode, spattering my face with brain matter and blood.

"Oh no," I stood stunned for half a moment as people flooded toward the exit, "Oh no."

Note to self: next time you want a drink, do not pick a bar whose title begins, ends, or is in any way is associated with death.

Hopefully future me will make better life decisions.

[member="Ket Van Derveld"] [member="Darth Sinna"] [member="Hytiix Mizgar"] [member="Cat Van-Derveld"] [member="Curupira Hawk"]

Ket looked down, and just sort of chuckled as he lifted one of his boots up, wiping it off on the now-headless body's shirt. He held his drink steady, sipping the murky brown liquid a moment as he heard [member="Seanna Vel"] 's cat-call. Whilst Ket was always a fan of compliments, something about redheads tended to infuriate him these past years, as only one really mattered anymore. This, however, was not the redhead in question whatsoever. Marek's... student? love interest? piece of tail? He wasn't actually sure, but still, this bar was starting to get lively as he raised his glass to her if only for a moment. And then the moment was interrupted.

"You a headcase or something? You're dating yourself there, gramps. And ruined my lead. The least you owe me is a drink."

Ket's sapphire eyes looked toward [member="Kal Kandossii"], and he had to stifle a laugh. Some people just never learn, and if this scruffy looking type was in league with the bloody corpse under his boot, then he was not surprised in the least. Most see a head explode like a pinata and tend to not go looking for trouble. Ket almost respected it. Almost. "I owe you a drink? If he was a lead, then he must have been here to meet you. And considering I've been here well before he walked into the door, I'd say you owe me a drink." he said with a grin, the yellowed overhead lightning glinting off teeth that could only be described as a wolf's fangs. Moving in closer, he whispered quietly to Kal. "Call me gramps again, and I'll have you hanging by your pinky toes from the ceiling fans faster than you can say Sithspit."

Ket winked, and then canted his head to the side, looking over Kal's shoulder. A rather well-dressed woman sat close to the back wall, and had called out to Ket, her tone rather fierce. He could feel the waves of the Darkside ripping off her, as angered Sith tended to do so without realizing it. It was Coruscant, after all, the new capital world of the One Sith. Perhaps that's why Ket didn't quite mind being on Coruscant these nights. Either way, the ancient Sith nodded lightly, and smiled, the words from his mouth not matching the look upon his world-weary features whatsoever. "My apologies to the lady, as she is correct, this is not a dive bar on a planet filled with scum and evil. My mistake, everyone! It seems we are in a fine dining establishment!" Ket took his drink, and finished it up, tossing the glass over his shoulder with nary a care. "Now, madam, would you care for a nice slice of kiss my arse with your glass of whine?" And with that, it was he who spit at her feet. Yet, right at the moment his saliva hit the ground inches from [member="Darth Sinna"] 's feet, a new song kicked in, and it was the absolute perfect accompaniment to the moment.

"Only one could possibly have that sort of timing..."

Ket turned on his heels, and saw his vision of perfection, playfully pouting at him. "I thought I smelled beautiful walk through the door." He made his way over towards [member="Curupira Hawk"], and wrapped his arm around her waist, drawing her close to him. His head canted forward just a bit, as nose and forehead touched ever so lightly, whispering to her in ways only meant for her ears. "How I've missed you, morsel. We have much to speak of, but nothing that can't wait. For now, let me drink in the vision that is your stunning radiance." And so he did, leaning back, and letting her loose, slowly letting her twirl around his hand. My, such a sight for sore eyes, oh yes she was. And just as he was losing himself in the moment, a sharp pain suddenly appeared at the back of his skull.

Snapping his head around, he was about to let loose the fury of being interrupted during his favorite pastime. Yet, his face softened, and he had to laugh. "Ahh, little brother! You should know better than anyone. I don't tolerate much of anything these days save my mate, my drink, and my blood, hmm? Come, join us." he said, motioning to the table he'd been sitting at before all the excitement began.

[member="Cat Van-Derveld"]

He listened the 'gramps' go on his ancient tirade. One thing you had to say for this guy. He had style. And he was amusing as hades. Tossing back his head he laughed. Then wiping tears of amusement from the corners of his eyes he crouched and began rummaging through the dead man's pockets finally finding the datachip on his person.

Rising he wiped the blood from the surface of the chip and plugged it into his datapad that he pulled from one of the cargo pockets of his pants. Flipping through the memory he found what he was looking for as well as the fact this piece of osik was planning on meeting another person after him to sell the information to.

Shaking his head he pocketed the pad and chip and looked to where 'gramps' had went. "Saved me some credits and a backstabbing. If you hadn't of done him in I would have. I guess I do owe you that drink after all." Moving to the bar he sat on the stool and pulled out a few credits. "I'll have another whiskey, better vintage this time. I don't want to have to vent my liver anytime soon. Then give him a second of whatever he's having."

With his whiskey in had he looked around the bar gauging the patrons and wondering what kind of trouble he could get into now that he was still a hefty bit of credits richer and had full charge in his weapons. Tossing back his drink he raised a finger for another while thinking about the full charge in his weapons that didn't necessarily mean his pistols.

[member="Ket Van Derveld"]

The Ewok - who did very much appear to be a shaman, what with his necklace of shrunken skulls and black-feathered head-covering - waddled over to the Gand and raised a long, off-white colored hollowed rod in his right hand.

"You, big head. Big eyes."

He prodded the Findsman with the tube, poking him twice in the side of the head.

"Small brain?"

Seeming to dismiss the large insect as inconsequential, the Ewok took a dart and stuffed it into the tube, revealing it to be a blowgun. If asked, the Ewok would have promptly given the details of the weapon, particularly how he had fashioned it from the femur of some unfortunate human being.

Just as the blonde, intel-gathering bloke at the bar was tossing back his whiskey, the Ewok put the blowgun to his lips and, for no apparent reason whatsoever, sent a dart covered with neurotoxin straight at the chap's leg.

[member="Kal Kandossii"] [member="Hytiix Mizgar"]

"What the-!" Kal dropped his lass and pulled his enforcer with his right, spinning in his seat and aiming the slugthrower at the ewok. Staring down the sights he chuckled and shook his head. "You lil bloke. What do you think you're doin-" Then a wave of dizziness hit him just as he had holstered his gun. Reaching down he pulled the dart from his leg as his eyes began to unfocus slightly.

"You rotten teddy bear." Shaking his head he didn't realize how lucky he was that he had tightly woven threads reminiscient of armor weave in his cargo pants that had negated the full effects of that dart by stopping the majority of the dart from piercing his leg and allowing the full potency of the nuro toxin to enter his blood stream.

[member="Warok the Defiler"]

Renato Sarkin

R
@Ket Van Derweld [member="Aldous Hofmann"] [member="Seanna Vel"] [member="Kal Kandossii"] [member="Darth Sinna"] [member="Curupira Hawk"] [member="Cat Van-Derveld"] [member="Hytiix Mizgar"] [member="Sasha"] [member="Warok the Defiler"]

Sarkin walks into the bar looking around for a minute and let out a loud whistle seeing the mess by the juke box.

"Feth did I miss the fun already?" "Somebody tell me you guys didn't drink all the booze already as well."

The older man shook his head and shuddered at the thought.

"So next rounds on me?"

Renato Sarkin

R
[member="Ket Van Derveld"] [member="Aldous Hofmann"] [member="Seanna Vel"] [member="Kal Kandossii"] [member="Darth Sinna"] [member="Curupira Hawk"] [member="Cat Van-Derveld"] [member="Hytiix Mizgar"] [member=Sasha] [member="Warok the Defiler"]

Sarkin walks into the bar looking around for a minute and let out a loud whistle seeing the mess by the juke box.

"Feth did I miss the fun already?" "Somebody tell me you guys didn't drink all the booze already as well."

The older man shook his head and shuddered at the thought.

"So next rounds on me?"

Hytiix

Wondering Findsman
Hytiix flinches once he feels the rod pushed against the side of his head, then let out a small click sound. "Please, do not.." he paused once he watches the Ewok fire the dart out towards the blond haired human. In response, Hytiix stands and draws out his DL-44 from somewhere under his trench coat, which he had loosen from its holster earlier, and attempts to press it up against the Shaman. "Hytiix demands to know what you are attempting to do!"

[member="Kal Kandossii"] [member="Warok the Defiler"]

[member="Hytiix Mizgar"] [member="Kal Kandossii"] [member="Warok the Defiler"] [member="Ket Van Derveld"]

The reclusive-scientist swung open the door from the backroom of the tavern and into the main, bar area; the owner followed just behind her black-clicking heels. She froze-up, calculating gaze seeing far too many weapons and unpredictable situations in play.

"Well Mister Barnabus, it seems you'll have quite the lively night."

The barkeep grunted. "Watch your step Doctor Simmons. I'd stay away from the scruffy-looking pint-sized bear if I were ye. I've -uh-gotta go take of somethin' in the back." The barkeep quickly back-tracked.

"If these samples don't make it out the door I want a full refund," the blond yelled and pushed her black-rimmed glasses further up her nose as she attempted to slip past the blond-man, ewok, and Findsman.

"Pardon, pardon. In the name of science, pardon me!"

The Ewok seemed rather pleased that the dart had hit, though somewhat confused as to why the man hadn't fallen over and begun struggling to breath as even little of the neurotoxin was enough to at least paralyze the limbs. The diminutive nonplussed ursine turned slowly as the cold metal of a DL-44 barrel pressed against his head.

"Ee chee."

Suddenly, a blonde haired female tried to slip past. Warok reached out and shamelessly pawed her neutrons and monomers, then he resumed his prior engagement of blaster-in-face.

With a flick of his paw the Ewok called on the Force and slapped the pistol aside. He then stepped forward and sent his blowgun fashioned from thick bone toward the wrist of the Gand's gun-hand, intending to crack it.

[member="Hytiix Mizgar"] [member="Kal Kandossii"] [member="Felicity Simmons"]

Hytiix

Wondering Findsman
Hytiix feels the blaster pistol rip from his hand using the force. 'Interesting' The Gand thought for a split second just as his other hand extends palm out and channels the force in an attempt to push the bone blow pipe out of [member="Warok the Defiler"] 's grip before making contact with Hytiix's wrist.

If successful, a funny expression would be seen across the Findman's face.If he had human eyes, one would see a sudden surprised expression of interest flash across him. "Science?! Hytiix's likes science!" he would turn towards [member="Felicity Simmons"] as he watches the scientist pass between himself and the Ewok. "May I accompany you, miss?" he would ask the woman while the hand that was under assault by the blow pipe would channel the force and push once again towards his attacked hoping to put some distance between himself and [member="Warok the Defiler"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom