Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Gift of Light

lego-star-wars-holiday-special-rey_2.gif

Objective: Find Saint Varobalder
Tag: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

div1.png
Smiling, Thelma quietly slipped her hand into Silas' as they followed the trail.

"Found anything Thelma? do those tracks we saw at the entrance really lead anywhere?"

"Uh, not really..." A noise distracted her, and she looked up toward the roof. It sounded like booted feet. "Did you hear that?"

download_2.gif

OBJECTIVE I: ROCKIN' AROUND THE LIFE DAY TREE
SENATE SQUARE, CORUSCANT
Tags: Amani Serys Amani Serys - Desric Terassi Desric Terassi -
OPEN!

It had always been the small moments that Alicio enjoyed most.

Little snippets of joy, peace, what have you, that reminded someone that they were alive. Moments of great joy, triumph, victory, swept you up in the moment, but it was the quiet things, like watching children at play, or absorbing the cozy ambience with the one he loved more than anything pressed against his arm, that made him appreciate his life, reminding him of how lucky he was to be where he was today.

The corner of his mouth ticked up. "'Honorary Jedi'? I'll take it." As far as non-Jedi went, he was certainly in the running for most time spent with them. "In that case, if we have time, we'll stop by."

Innuendo aside, Alicio was glad to see Amani excited about the movie. "I've watched it... a few too many times, to be honest." He could imagine the nest of blankets on the couch now, drinks in hand, enjoying each other's company...

Small moments.

"How about some cocoa or something? I'm starting to freeze just standing around."

With a nod of agreement, the Alderaanian walked alongside the Mirialan, head on a swivel for hot chocolate. It was eventually spotted at a small stall, which the Count was quick to direct them to.

In all honesty, he hadn't expected for the pair of them to be recognized tonight. They were mild celebrities (as far as the gossip tabloids were concerned), but it still came as a shock. Still, the statesman in Alicio was quick to recover.

"Oh... Alicio is fine," he offered, nodding his head, and waiting for the other to introduce himself. He offered a kind smile. "I recognize your face from some senate functions, don't I? I'm glad to finally meet you."

"Well, does the cocoa taste as good as it looks?"
Alicio stepped up to the counter, attempting to pay for two cups before Amani could contest him.

Still serving as a living doorstopper, Starlin overheard the brief exchange between Iris and Eli about the latter not wanting another nurse, but didn't intervene. Him jumping in to defend or deny Eli would just make him look (and probably feel) helpless, which wouldn't help the situation. Iris, being a healer, only wanted to help. But she needed to respect Eli's wishes, too.

"Nice cape," Starlin remarked upon seeing the gold-trimmed black cloak Eli had pulled out of his closet. "Now, let's get you down to... where are we going, exactly?" The Jedi Temple? Senate Park? Somewhere completely different? Starlin was happy to go wherever they wanted to go.

Iris Arani Iris Arani Lief Lief

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I'm not going to tell you not to do anything you want to. Just, I want to be there if it turns out you need the help." Like she did, when she could barely walk. Now she could walk again. And run. Jump. She'd healed a lot since he fell into a coma. A lot changed. There was a lot to think about and chat with, eventually. Not now. She offered a brief smile before glancing to Starlin, then back to Eli.

"It'll keep people from knowing it's you, I guess."

Lief Lief | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

"O-Okay" he said when Iris explained herself. "Thank you, Iris... I appreciate that." He supposed it did make sense to have someone on hand who knew what they were doing should something go wrong. Force, he hoped that nothing would go wrong. Shuddered to think on it even. It was like thinking about sleeping, just inconceivable. Nope.
Nice cape. "Thanks. I can get you one next time I'm home if you'd like?" He grinned, and showed off some of the embroidery. "Something new's added when you reach a milestone." They were small, intricate little patterns that from a distance couldn't be readily distinguished as anything more than just a pretty trim. But up close? Eliphas' had small starships, a couple of paint brushes, miniature star charts, and of course the symbol of the Jedi Order, among other things.
It seemed they were in agreement that it would keep him from being recognized, so he nodded his head then pondered Starlin's question.
"Erm..." Eliphas was left grasping at straws for a moment, before he remembered a quaint little place he'd discovered on accident. "Are we far from Iris' apartment? There's a little park nearby..." It would be quieter than the main streets, a nice way to ease in. "Unless there's something more fun happening out there." Frankly he wouldn't know.

Starlin's initial assessment of Iris—that she was being a bit overbearing—proved incorrect. He looked at her from the doorway with fresh eyes, impressed, but was soon distracted by Eli.

"Thanks. I can get you one next time I'm home if you'd like?"

"Nah, I'm not really a cape person. Too easy for it to get caught on stuff." At the moment he was wearing a black button-up coat to keep warm. But he did peer at the embroidery, listening to Eli's explanation. "That's... kind of dope, actually."

There was some hemming and hawing over where to go. Eli suggested a quiet park, although he seemed open to something more exciting. "Since you're worried about being recognized, a more secluded place is probably best," Starlin said. Glancing up at Iris, he added, "If it's over by your place, you lead the way."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

The park?

Iris hadn't been there since the last attempt on Vera's life. Had they rebuilt since? Probably. This was Coruscant, nothing was going to be left broken for long. She just nodded and gave a thumbs up before turning to lead the way. Hop skip and a jump was all it'd take to get there from where they were. Never was too far from the Temple. They made sure of that when they gave the apartment to Iris.

They being the Temple. Because of Valery going into hiding. Ah, the past.

"It's weird to see snow here. .. Actually now I'm kinda curious how the park might look."

No capes, his Master declared. "Fair" he offered with a loose shrug that had him filled with regret when his shoulders practically screamed in response. "But, I mean, the idea can be applied to pretty much anything... If you know how to embroider." Eliphas looked Starlin up and down, deciding it was best to leave his thoughts on that matter unsaid. His Master did not seem like the type to take up seamstress hobbies... Maybe he'd offer to do it for him.
Thankfully his suggestion of the park seemed to satisfy everyone, and his relief was palpable. Sure they'd have to venture through the crowds to reach it, but then? Well, then they'd maybe have some quiet time. Just, you know, outside. Unless the snow had brought with it a bunch of park-goers too, of course.
Empress, he hoped not.
From ship to hangar to the great outdoors, they soon found themselves within Coruscant proper, the upper levels of course, and just as both had warned it was fretfully cold out. Eliphas seemed to try to embrace it though, stretching out his hands so that his fingers soon burned a bright pink. Each breath he took left him feeling like some sort of dragon, breathing wisps of smoke.
He leaned his head back against the support of the chair, and sighed in contentment.
Ship, ship, ship, ship, that's all he'd known. Apparently for over a year now. Ship, ventilators, air conditioning. Bleh. Now he had real, fresh air to breathe.
It took him just a minute of exposure to start coughing.

Senate Square
Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | Desric Terassi Desric Terassi | OPEN​

"I'm more partial to It's A Wonderful Life Day, but I'm not complaining," Amani remarked teasingly, before they headed off in search of a few hot beverages. Upon finding them, they were met by an individual she did not recognize. She glanced at Alicio momentarily, looking for a sense of familiarity on his part, before exchanging greetings, "That's right. I'm… afraid you have me at a disadvantage," Amani replied, curious but cordial.

The air was cleared soon after, though she was still too distracted by conversation to even contest the Count's handling of the purchase, "Always a pleasure to meet new faces," She offered the slightest of curtsies in acknowledgment before instinctively taking her cup, warming her hands against the steaming mug, "Especially this time of year."

"But, I mean, the idea can be applied to pretty much anything... If you know how to embroider."

"I don't know how to do that," Starlin replied. "But there is a girl in the Temple who is into that stuff—name's Tilda Goth, or something. Maybe you two can talk about embroidery sometime." It was hard to tell if he was poking fun or being serious. Maybe a bit of both.

Iris took the lead as they brought Eli out into the real world again... and the kid started coughing almost immediately. "You okay?" Starlin asked, concerned. "That doesn't sound good."

if they're watching anyways
div-green.png

Senate Plaza

While a number of speakers, short ceremonies, and performances had gone throughout the day, the true beginning of the festivities was marked by the Chancellor’s speech, and soon the lighting of the Life Day orbs. This was not an especially difficult thing to speak on – Life Day was no complex issue, no great enemy, just a day of rest, celebration, and recovery. Yet still Auteme found a sort of unease as she approached the podium.

“Good evening, and good day, my friends.” She started soft.

“Today we gather for an old tradition – Life Day has existed for thousands upon thousands of years. The Wookiees of Kashyyyk observed it for many reasons; the life around them, the life now lost, and the new life brought forth. Every year it is different. They celebrated with new friends and family; new gifts were given, new traditions forged.

“But, I think the core of Life Day remains in its roots. The roots of the orga, the roots of the Tree of Life – for the Wookiees, both reminders of where they came from. It is a day to remember the connections we’ve made, the foundations we stand upon; to honor the people who have brought us here today. Like the people of Kashyyyk, who make such tremendous efforts to visit the Tree of Life every year, we too should endeavor to reconnect with our roots and recognize the structures that support us.”

She paused a moment, her brow furrowed, before taking a deep breath and beginning again.

“I stand here today on the shoulders of giants. I’ve learned from the best – my guardian, my many teachers, Chancellor Tagge and Chancellor Chandra. I’ve stood in the halls where great people have made sweeping changes to the galaxy. I’ve been held up by a nation so vast it boggles the mind; and here I stand, privileged beyond comprehension to serve it. Among so many heroes I find myself feeling very small. Yet, I can see further than anyone else in the galaxy from this high vantage.

“We face great dangers in these trying times. More than any one of us can face. But it is through our connection, our support, our roots, that we face it. With courage, with assurance, with focus and zeal. Knowing that this Alliance is what I am a part of – I stand tall. With you, I can hold the heavens.

“My gift for you today is a small one, but the stars are a heavy thing, so we can only carry them together. May this light remind you of your roots, and guide you forward to the future. Happy Life Day. Thank you.”

Across the Senate Plaza, thousands of Life Day orbs lit up like a starry sky of their own. Some were massive, placed alongside the grand trees scattered throughout the plaza, others were placed with the many statues erected in remembrance of the lost, held up in their raised fists.

Auteme stared out at the grand display, and slowly retreated from the stage. She felt strangely trapped, watching from far above the crowds and festivities, but the view was no less spectacular. She eventually walked down a few steps and sat in a small snow-pile to look up at one of the smaller trees. Her security cleared the way for her; a striking loneliness enveloped her.

download_2.gif

OBJ I: Senate Square
Amani Serys Amani Serys | Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | OPEN
--- --- ---
As Alicio mentioned senate functions, Desric nodded in confirmation. An eye for faces, that one - not quite as good as himself, mind you, but then he was 'cheating' by pairing cybernetic eyes with facial recognition.

There was not a single Senator he would not recognise on sight.

"Ah, but where are my manners? Desric Terassi. Senator of Arcadia, but let us skip the titles for me too." Raising his mug, steam billowed up towards his face. "Simple, yet tasty. Perfect for this time of year," He noted, his gaze moving between Alicio and Amani. The Senator was relevant to his job, but 'healing' was fascinatingly exotic. He had met a Jedi(ish) Healer before, but she had been too busy drinking her sorrows away to satisfy his curiosity.

Before he could decide on a follow-up, the Chancellor began her speech.

It was, by most metrics, a good speech. It appealed to the appropriate sentiments while remaining suitably concise, given the site and audience. Anything longer would have led to a great many impatient children. Still, if he was not mistaken there had been a hint of wistfulness in her mannerisms, if not her words. Another fact filed away for later.

"My roots are on Serenno." He remarked, glancing up at the glowing orbs above them. "Too bad it is under the Iron Sun."

A thoroughly unpleasant regime, that. Objectively speaking, it was better than the Sith Empire had been by many metrics, but it was hard to be objective when things got personal. Besides, he loathed authoritarianism in general.

All-I-Want-For-Life-Day-Lego-Star-Wars-Celebrate-the-Season-star-wars-43628672-540-304_2.gif

Such is Life Day...
CLOSED WITH Samuel Exel

“Besides, I wouldn't take a bounty on you, Dominik. My preferred prey is of scum and villainy. ‘Far as I’m aware, you are not such.” “Hah! It is true, this is the most comfortable attire I have. In my mind, at least. I was unaware it was not normal around here to forgo one's arms and armor.”
Well, at least he wasn't scum and villainy. He had tried to leave that life decades ago, good to know he succeeded. "It's not normal, no. It's only normal to look unarmed." He said. Most politicians he knew had holdout blasters under their sleeves, or at least the ones he had encountered. The real peace-loving ones rely on their bodyguards to do the killing.

“I could say it’s a bit lonesome to be spending Life Day practicing your aim in a closed, lonely range. I understand the desire to hone one’s skills, but is there not something more fitting of the occasion for you to do?” “Because, if not…perhaps you’d care to join me?”
Dominik quirked an eyebrow at that. "Careful, if we didn't personally know each other's ladies I'd think that was a come-on." He said, turning and disassembling his gun. He had his own still tucked away, this was the store's weapon. He took a rag and wiped the gun down, ridding it of prints. "But sure, we can do something. Unless that was a come-on, then I'll have to stay here. And maybe shoot you."

download_2.gif

"You're always talkin' so cringy, y'know?"

Not that she was bothered by it. in fact, she had a smile on her face as she leaned against the railing to look out at the sights. The snow, the event. Even as chilly and annoyed as she felt, his words still warmed her heart.

Not that she'd ever tell him that. Last thing she needed was for him to realize his cheesiness was rubbing off on her.

"So.. What's the plan? We doin' somethin' or just sittin' around watchin'?"

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris paused just for a moment, glancing back towards Eliphas with an obvious look of concern. Which she tried not to just leap on. So long as his colors weren't dimmed to the point of danger, she'd avoid giving into the healer instincts she'd picked up since he ended up in a coma. Not that it stopped her face from practically screaming such a desire as she glanced towards Starlin.

Even if he had been poking fun, Eliphas didn't rightly mind. Instead he perked up a little at the mention of an embroiderer in the Temple. "I could always do it for you" he offered with a shrug, "Empress knows I can't do much else right now." He pondered it for a moment more, head tilting to the left. "Do you think maybe you could introduce me some time?"
It went without saying that he didn't mean right away. Eliphas was doing his best to remain undetected here, after all. Seemed counter intuitive to start bringing strangers into the circle.
His coughing once they reached the great outdoors didn't go unnoticed by either of them. Thankfully they didn't immediately shuffle him back indoors, but their concern was noted. Eliphas pulled the edge of his hood across, covering the lower half of his face, and just murmured by way of assurance.
"Fine" he said, a little awkwardly. Breathing through the fabric was easier, it heated up the air and kept his lungs from stinging too badly. "Forgot how it was to breathe in the cold is all." He looked between the two of them, then his eyes lit up as he grinned. "Say, do you think we could get some caf' while we're out here?"
He'd never really been one for caf' before, but it was warm and nice.. and kept him energized.

His humor deflated as Eli mentioned his inability to do much else. "Thelma," he corrected himself. "I think her name is Thelma Goth Thelma Goth , actually. I don't really know her, I just know of her. But I'll see about arranging a meeting for ya."

Eli insisted he was okay, even as he covered up his nose and mouth with his hood. Iris didn't look convinced in the slightest. Starlin reached into his pocket and produced a couple of cough drops wrapped in wax paper, which he quietly slipped to Eli as if they were illicit drugs. "Most of the caf shops are probably closed for the holidays, but there are vendors all over the place selling hot chocolate..."

Senate Plaza
Auteme Auteme

Kei stood motionless, still asking himself what was even happening. Thousands of levels down in the underbelly of Coruscant, where he grew up, there were no luxuries or holidays such as Life Day. He had nothing to celebrate, except maybe surviving one more day.
He had only recently seen the sun for the first time, which is why he was flabbergasted at the spectacle before him. Children ran happily, an unfamiliar sight, and played in a strange cold and white substance, another unfamiliar sight to him.

He pushed himself forward towards what looked to be a small street vendor, selling hot drinks. Beside it was a large podium where different speakers and performances occurred, seems he got the best view.
He ordered what seemed to be the most popular drink, to which the server replied,

“With Tauntaun or Bantha milk?”
Kei paused for a moment, “Um… both?”
His attention was brought to the podium as someone began addressing the crowd, the whole of the square became hushed and silent.
‘She must be important.’ He thought.
He sipped his hot chocolate while loosely interested in the speech, he was more invested in the sights of the plaza which were almost overwhelming.
Her speech carried on as he found a more isolated place to catch his breath, this whole new experience was a lot for him to take in. Suddenly the tree he was leaning against, buildings and seemingly everything lit up in a brilliant fashion, startling Kei. The crowds cheered and music played.
A small smile was brought to his face, his worries almost vanished, it was truly beautiful.
His thoughts were interrupted however by the sound of crunching snow to his right, he glanced over only to see the person who was just giving the speech sitting in a pile of snow, looking up to the branches. He was about to relocate when her expression caught his eye, it was… unease? No, loneliness. He was all too familiar with being alone, yet her expression was somehow more complex. He didn’t move and instead stayed where he was, propped up against the tree.

Last edited:
Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Fine.

She let out a breath of relief before giving him a sheepish smile. She really didn't want to be the medic or nurse for him. Just his friend. Like before. Like when she needed him. Caf. Caf was a good idea. Iris gave another nod before changing the direction just a little to head towards a cafe she'd been frequenting. Whenever she was home at least. At least until Starlin mentioned they were probably closed.

Oh yeah.

"Hot chocolates probably our best bet, yeah."

Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Lief Lief

"Thanks, Master; you're the best!" A distraction was just what he needed. Maybe he'd swipe one of Starlin's jackets from the ship, and work on embroidering it with accomplishments he knew of in secret. It was Life Day after all, and Eliphas hadn't gotten him a gift... Now if only he could figure out where his thread had been stored.
He smiled knowingly at the slipped lozenges, though it faltered slightly when he was informed that the cafes were likely all closed. "Oh, yeah..." Hot chocolate was mentioned though, and he perked back up immediately. He much preferred the taste of cocoa. "Perfect!" He patted his cloak, then sheepishly glanced across at Starlin.
"You uh, wouldn't happen to have any credits you could loan me would you?" Empress, there were so many things he'd yet to reorganize. "You know I'm good for it..." His gaze drifted over to Iris, a playful smile lighting up his face. "Back on Teta there are so many cool stalls for Life Day. One year there was an old Cerean man selling sculpted Kasha crystals shaped like a bunch of different animals." He sighed wistfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom