Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Gift of Light

Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo

He didn't catch it.

Eyes blinked and followed along to the words, but it didn't register entirely. Not at first anyway. All Sion could think was- oh... she kissed me... oh, it was so nice. Oh, she is no longer happy. The self-loathing and hate coming off of her was overwhelming. So much so that it left Sion a mute. He could not speak, even if he wanted to.

His eyes were wide and stared down at her.

Even as his hand reached out, she was already gone.

"Oh..." Sion swallowed and then blinked furiously. Everything looked double, his cheeks were wet, until a furious rub with his sleeve dried them right up again. "Does she hate me?"

But why the kiss then?

Lamely Sion traveled further into the facility. Part of him wanted to catch up with Cordé, yes. But... what was there to say? She had kissed him, he had kissed her back and then she pushed him away. You couldn't come back from that, could you? Sion didn't think so. Instead of chasing after those bad feels, he tried to get away from them.

The more distance there was between Cordé and himself... the bet- no, that was a lie. Instead the bad feels were now only his own.

But then? The closer he got to the aquarium with the creature in it? The happier he started to feel again.

It was a foreign feeling, alien, but Sion let it in.

Better than to feel the ache in the back of his chest.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

She paused for a moment. A moment too long it seemed as the snowball hit her in the face. Complex emotions flashed across her eyes as she wiped away the snow. Did she really seem upset? She didn't feel upset.

Iris instead threw another snowball.

"I'm not upset. I'm just- Things are complicated. I'm not ready for that kind of thing."

Starlin's snowball hit Iris right in the face. He grinned in triumph, crouching down to make another snowball.

"I'm not upset. I'm just- Things are complicated. I'm not ready for that kind of thing."

"Oh. Okay." He felt relieved. It was her, not him. He threw his snowball, but it completely missed the mark, crumbling into white powder against a nearby wall. "What's so complicated, if you don't mind me asking?"

"You're Eli's master, and he's my best friend. He's been in a coma. Wouldn't it be weird for him?"

"Wait wha—" A snowball to the mouth cut him off. Sputtering snow, he started laughing. Couldn't help it. Her response seemed to come out of left field. "That's your reason for pushing me away? Because you two are friends?"

Drat! Foiled by the power of friendship! "I don't think Eli would really care?” he said. “If anything, he'd probably be happy about getting to see you more often."

Picking up another snowball, he chucked it at her. "I could understand if you were harboring secret feelings for soft boy extraordinaire Lief Lief , but you can't tell me things are complicated just because you two are friends. There's gotta be more to it than that, Iris."

Last edited:
Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

" 'Oh hey Eli welcome back. While you've been away I started sleeping with your dad.' "

Iris's relationship with Valery was the only knowledge she had on a normal Master and Padawan relationship. Almost that like a parent. She just made a face before reaching up to catch the snowball sent her way. Then threw it back right for him.

"So yeah, that's sorta the thing."

Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

" 'Oh hey Eli welcome back. While you've been away I started sleeping with your dad.' "

"WHAT?!"

Starlin ducked out of the way of the snowball, staring at Iris with wide eyes.

"I'm not his dad!" he sputtered. The notion that Eli might view him as a father figure was incomprehensible to Starlin... or at least, it wasn't something that had ever occurred to him before. "He's only a few years younger than me! At the most, maybe I'm like his big brother... Why would you even think that?"

He started to laugh at the absurdity of it, but then stopped. Eli's father, his real father, was most likely dead. The rest of the Dune family had probably perished on Teta when the planet was invaded by the Maw, while Eli was in his coma. Starlin had been meaning to talk to Eli about it at some point, but he had no idea how to broach the subject.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

She practically glared this time, at his laughing. Though as his laughing died off, he seemed to understand something. The snowball she had raised lowered.

"Big brother, father. .. I'm not how relationships with people change things, but he's been asleep all this time. And Teta.. You're the only family he has right now. And he's my best friend. I don't want him to feel any more left behind than he probably does. So just.. Let him settle, first."

Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

Wearing: Interceptor Gear

Armed With: Ionised Stun Pistol (2)

Stun Baton

Stun Grenades

Objective: 3

Nathan glanced around in disinterest at the snowy environment of Coruscant as he stepped off the shuttle, a black clad speck in the white blanketing durasteel towers.

Coruscant. It had been centuries. Total chithole during the Plague.

He couldn't stand Life Day, and never celebrated it. He was here strictly for business.

He ignored various revelers, the smells of warm cocoa and other treats. Only the cold of the air filled him as the snow fell on him, his grim expression frozen on his face as he moved through the streets of the upper levels, people subconsciously avoiding him as they walked by him and his unfeeling stare.

He was headed to the Underworks. There was something in need of retrieval.

It had taken him weeks to save up the trip funds. The festivities irritated him. It all irritated him.

Well wishes were awarded with cold blank stares. Offers of free samples from street vendors weren't acknowledged.

He eventually reached a turbolift to take him where he desired to go. He was quiet on the way down, eye twitching at the turbolift playing Holiday Music as he went downward.

The Underworks hadn't changed. Still a crime ridden pile of garbage. Nathan walked dank streets passing by shops with tacky neon signs, his gaze sweeping for possible threats. He had only non lethal weapons with him. He wasn't here to kill. There would be time plenty for that elsewhere.

He had been lost, psychologically, since his encounter with Percival Io Percival Io in the swamps. He was more withdrawn, even from himself.

His existence became easier to explain when he considered the idea he had died and gone to Hell. That all this was just some torment his mind thought up as he burned in its flames.

Why then, did he continue to do anything?

What was the point?

Nathan stopped, happening to glance his left, spotting a small mini-mart. He saw a man inside, holding a shotgun to the face of a store clerk.

Nathan, annoyed, walked and drew one of his blasters, a chime ringing as he opened it.

The masked robber wheeled around but Nathan was already firing, the stun bolt hitting him square in the chest and sending him backward, unconscious.

Nathan didn't even pause, staring at the frightened store clerk coldly as he retrieved a bottle of soda from a nearby freezer and put it on the counter.

"Ring it up." Nathan ordered, slapping a few credits in the table.

The store clerk nodded, shaking in fright, processing the purchase on his credits register.

"Keep the change." Nathan said, expression unchanging, tone dry and unsympathetic, walking back out with the Soda.

Nathan took a swig, stopped as he heard a cry for help in an alley. He capped the bottle, peered around and saw a swoop gang kicking someone's stomach in. Four in all. He put down his soda.

Nathan fetched a dirty plastic bag from a nearby trashcan and snuck up on the closest one, covering the gang member's head in it, hand clamping down on his throat so he couldn't scream, and waited until he fell unconscious, nearly asphyxiating before Nathan quietly removed his hand and the bag.

Drawing his baton he whipped it out, jamming it's energized tip into the guy's spine, making him go limp while Nathan drew his pistol and shot the remaining two as they turned on him, going for their blasters. Without even looking at the Civilian, who struggled to get back up, Nathan was already turning and leaving, his frozen expression more gaunt in the low lighting. He picked up his soda, began sipping it, walking down the street...

Last edited:
"And maybe try not to get so caught up in the moment. You're a friend, but it's not like I'm crushing on you or anything. Try and win my favor, or something."

Starlin didn't bother trying to swat the snowball away. It struck him in the chest, sprinkling his dark coat with powdery white snow.

"Now it's painfully obvious that I'm crushing on you," he murmured, eyeing a snow drift off to the side. "And you don't feel the same."

Sure, she had included a little asterisk in there. Not yet. Try to win my favor. But after this whole mishap, it felt useless to keep trying. Or maybe not useless, just... anticlimactic. Sort of pathetic, too. Maybe even creepy. What was worse, he may have screwed up their friendship. Would she start to think every gesture he made toward her must have a hidden motive, even if he was just being friendly? It would always be hanging over them, it seemed.

Or maybe he was overestimating the impact of his mistake, and she really didn't give a chit. He sighed and stooped to pick up more snow. "I really gotta get going, Iris. It's late. Eli's already gone home. So... yeah. Sorry."

He threw his final snowball, then waved goodbye. "See ya later."

Nathan was halfway finished with his soda when he was accosted by a scantily clad woman in a slave collar.

"Please please! You have to help me! They're running a slave drive out of a warehouse! They're after me!"

Nathan sighed, but otherwise stared at her just as coldly as he did everyone else, and set down his soda, whipping out his stun baton she backed away, thinking he was going to hit her, only for him to hurl it brutally into the face of a gunman that had been chasing her, knocking half his teeth out as he stumbled backward into a second gunman. Nathan shot the second gunman with his stun blaster, while the first tumbled to the ground, coughing and spitting up blood before Nathan's right hand clamped down on his throat, and he squeezed.

The slaver nearly blacked out as Nathan lifted him up by the neck, retrieving his baton at the same time.

"This warehouse..." Nathan asked the frightened woman in an unfeeling, pitiless tone. "Directions. Now."

"Make a right at the next corner, than a left at the corner after that..." the woman answered in a terrified gasp.

"You should be running..." he said to her (Bump Back: 50 XP) without looking, casually walking over to the second gunman while holding up the first still and woke the second thug up by brutally breaking his knees with swift stomps from his boot, making him scream horribly.

The woman took off running as the second gunman continued screaming in agony.

"Slaver scum..." Nathan snarled, squeezing harder as he began dragging the first slaver by the neck along the ground as he walked, expression the same as it was when he arrived, the man gasping desperately in Nathan's vice like choke. People passed by Nathan in shock and surprise, but this was the Underworks, and Nathan was dragging a dude by his neck like he weighed nothing, so they didn't get too curious, and before long he had arrived at the warehouse, covered in gang signs.

Nathan nonchalantly dragged the slaver by the neck up to the front entrance, where three guards instantly trained their weapons on him, only for him to lift his captive slaver up by the neck still as a human shield, drew his stun blaster and began firing from behind his now limp captive, gunning down all three before chucking his now barely breathing captive aside and walking into the warehouse, clearly quite peeved at having his soda break interrupted, and scowled when he saw the slaves being forced into repulsor trucks. Most looked dirty and beaten. Recent captures. Likely low hanging fruit from the homeless population here.

One of the slavers spotted him, and began aiming his shotgun but Nathan had already fired, hitting him in the face and dropping him instantly.

He was ducking blaster bolts from various slavers above and on the same level as him, gunning down two in response, careful not to move anywhere the slaves would be in the line of fire, getting behind a pillar which rapidly started getting blasted to pieces. He drew his other pistol and fired, hitting three more who had tried to flank him.

He was forced to run and shoot at the same time blasting down more and more his expression one of cold disgust at the slavers firing automatic weapons at him.

Both pistols ran dry and he was forced to improvise, grabbing one of his stun grenades, pulling the pin, and hurling it at a fast approaching group, ducking into an office to reload as it went off, disorienting the pack as he shot out from cover, again opening fire, only to be forced back into cover by machine gun fire from a rafter above.

Nathan than noticed a blaster smg on the desk. An eye brow raised and he grabbed it, checking it's ammo count. Looked full.

He set it to stun, taking out his second to last stun grenade, pulling the pin, timing it so that when he threw it, it would burst in mid air.

As soon as the bang went off he was running out, sprays of fire from his weapon downing another three, then shooting the machine gunner in the chest with a spray of stun bolts, knocking him out cold.

No more conscious slavers. He immediately looked for the remote to disable the tracking devices in the slave collars on the head slaver, finding it on the most muscle bound one, disabling the collars, freeing all the slaves, waking up the head slaver with a few hard slaps to the face, and then proceeded to beat his face with one of his pistols, Ray Liotta style, leaving him a crumpled heap spitting out blood and teeth. The Slaves did nothing to stop this, only running for their lives.

Nathan took a half hour to properly tie up everyone, grabbing a cold soda from the fridge as he left, expression as dull as when he had arrived...

New_GA1.png

THE WARDEN
CORUSCANT | NEW JEDI ORDER TEMPLE | KITCHEN
div-hohohokay.png
Delight was evident on the venerable master's cheeks, now flush from the heat of the kitchen and its many ovens. It seemed that the two padawans leading the pack of excited younglings had followed the clues well.

And he had agreed to do the talking.

The mystery was solved.

"There could be one, there could be two, there could be three —"

Bright, white, and stretching across his entire face, Saint Varobalder's smile was as genuine as the Saint himself. "Saint V is meant to bring glee, he could be you," he gestured to Supreme Commander Wyse, "Or you," to a bright-eyed twi'lek, "Or me!" He thumbed his chest then, puffing into the motion.

"And with the season of giving in full swing," he gestured outside to vaugely notion where the Life Day tree-lighting ceremony was taking place, "It's up to the origin Saint to do the right thing."

One by one, with a gesture from the true Saint Varobalder, the toys and treats within the gold-trimmed sack started to float about the kitchen, falling and settling like stars into the open hands of the wide-eyed and jubilant group. Amidst the toys, the sugary cookies he'd meant to indulge in animated to twirl through the air, shivering off their sugary coating in the process, and floated into the same open hands. The gaggle of kids laughed gleefully, munching on the baked goods and whispering excitedly to one another about their treasures.

"The truth sets things right, and Padawan Goth and Westgard, you have solved the mystery before night!

Peace and good will to all of you, you followed clue after clue and Life Day's joy can continue."

Help me spread the joy a little further, would you?"
He kneeled, holding out a pair of stones to the pair of sleuthy padawans

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom