Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Gift of Light

download_2.gif

ROCKIN' ROUND THE LIFE DAY TREE
CORUSCANT | NEW JEDI ORDER TEMPLE
Jem Fossk Jem Fossk
white.png

The odds of Jem actually putting on the sweater, and taking off her ratty leather jacket had been slim. When she'd given in, begrudgingly, Ishida'd been both shocked and delighted.

Perhaps that was the greatest gift of all. Mutual humiliation.

"...Sadist."

Ishida flashed a wicked grin in Jem's direction and adjusted the collar of her own horrendous sweater. If she was going to be caught dead in something so intentionally unstylish, she'd at least try and fashion it into some sort of statement.

What the statement was, though, she was still working on.

download_2.gif

ROCKIN' ROUND THE LIFE DAY TREE
CORUSCANT | NEW JEDI ORDER TEMPLE
Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina

white.png

Jem spat the wool fibers from her mouth and stuffed her arms into the jacket. The material was thick and barely fit into the leather shell, leaving the girl appearing more like a stuffed sausage than a jedi. She could feel Dagon's expectant gaze weigh over her. He always smiled when they matched.

She tugged the bottom of the knit swear out of the jacket.

"I'm still not sure why you want to go to this thing, no one here wants to see us." She turned and left their spot on the corridor stoop, walking deeper into the pillars that still showed signs of blaster bolts from that horrid day. Perhaps Jem should speak for herself, but she had made no friends as a padawan, and even fewer now. It wasn't hard to find the hall for the party.

One only had to follow the music.

Jem stopped short as the thick wooden doors cracked open, throwing out smells of pine and baked sugar. The scene was overwhelming, and for a moment she froze in a jolt of panic.

Daughter.​

Last edited:
All-I-Want-For-Life-Day-Lego-Star-Wars-Celebrate-the-Season-star-wars-43628672-540-304_2.gif

Such is Life Day...
CLOSED WITH Samuel Exel Samuel Exel

At the sound of the distorted words Dominik spun, pointing his blaster at the newcomer. He would have fired if not for recognizing the armor, and quickly pointed the gun at the ceiling, taking a small breath. He lowered the gun but didn't put it away. Dominik knew Sam and trusted him, but warrior was wearing his armor. "And I didn't exactly think I'd bump into anybody here." He made a pointed glance down at his armor and shook his blaster a little. "Kind of rude to conduct business on Life Day, don't you think?"

Dominik was the paranoid spy type. Any time, especially during holidays, was a good time to strike. And he figured he could take Sam, despite the armor. It might be close as he didn't have a lot of defense himself, but armor had weak points and bones could still be broken without damaging the armor. But Sam was holding himself like a friend greeting another. Sam was too businesslike for this to be some sort of con. No, if Sam came after him he would stand there with a gun in his hand. "Wait," He narrowed his eyes, "You're wearing that because it's the warmest thing you have, aren't you?"

All-I-Want-For-Life-Day-Lego-Star-Wars-Celebrate-the-Season-star-wars-43628672-540-304_2.gif

Objective 3: Such Is Life Day
Writing with: Dominik Borra Dominik Borra !​

majfiZZ.png

He gave a small chuckle at the other’s somewhat expected reaction; Dominik thought the Hunter had tracked him down. “I suppose. But I'm afraid the business I'm here for today is vastly different from what you're thinking. I’m out shopping. Our meeting today is purely coincidental: how fortunate.” A hand held in front of him in a mild form of ‘surrender’, the other hung low to his side. He had to resist the instinctive pull at his mind to quickdraw or something with a blaster pointed at him. Normally, he was equally as paranoid - that’s why he wore the armor. But Samuel also didn't feel the need to make an awkward situation worse. “Besides, I wouldn't take a bounty on you, Dominik. My preferred prey is of scum and villainy. ‘Far as I’m aware, you are not such.” Even as he made this statement, he maintained his cool and friendly demeanor (or at least, as much as you can with armor). It was intended to be a compliment.

Samuel took a moment to process the next query made by the man, before came hearty laughter; even the modulation could not hide the entertainment evident in his voice. “Hah! It is true, this is the most comfortable attire I have. In my mind, at least. I was unaware it was not normal around here to forgo one's arms and armor.” His hand that was jestingly surrendering had lowered, instead shifting to loosely hold onto his belt in casual manner.

“I could say it’s a bit lonesome to be spending Life Day practicing your aim in a closed, lonely range. I understand the desire to hone one’s skills, but is there not something more fitting of the occasion for you to do?” His helmet would tilt some, to express the mild intrigue and interest that would’ve otherwise have been hidden behind it. “Because, if not…perhaps you’d care to join me?”

majfiZZ.png

Last edited:
He watched as Starlin picked up the Holocron, and the guilt he'd felt for letting it fall swallowed him up anew.
"Sorry, didn't mean for it to drop" he assured his Master, "I should probably get that back to the Professor... I don't want to think about the late fees..." Knowing that Iris was the only person he'd told was certainly a relief, and the reminder that it was Life Day only helped to make the moment all that more special. "Thank you" he breathed, before returning his attention to Iris.
She seemed a little flustered and concerned. He smiled to try and soften her up, show her that he was okay. "It's good to see you, Iris. I... I missed you." He shuffled back slightly on the bed, trying not to let his strained state show, to afford her space to join him. "Oh, uh... Happy Life Day. Sorry, I don't uh.. I don't have anything to give."
He tried to rush past that though, no use in dwelling on such things, and patted the bed. "How have you been, Iris? You look really good."

Starlin grinned as Iris thanked him. "No problem, baby."

Iris apologized to Eli for squeezing him too hard, but he was so happy to see her, he seemed to hardly care. Starlin was about to make a goofy comment, something that would've made his apprentice blush and probably just confused Iris, when Eli brought up the holocron.

"I should probably get that back to the Professor... I don't want to think about the late fees..."

Starlin's good humor dropped. He could've sworn he'd told Eli when he woke up... but that was before the kid lapsed into another coma. Maybe it had affected his memory. That was probably for the best. But now Starlin had to tell him all over again. On Life Day. Come on, man.

"It's fine," he said, not wanting to ruin the moment. "If you're done learning from it, I could see if Miri wants it back. Otherwise, keep it as long as you need to."

Iris Arani Iris Arani Lief Lief

download_2.gif

OBJ I: Senate Square
Amani Serys Amani Serys | Alicio Organa Alicio Organa
--- --- ---
Alone but for a discreet security detail and his ever-present AI, Desric watched the festivities with a soft smile on his lips. Joy, peace, and (given the location on the surface) prosperity. Coruscant had been through a lot in recent decades, yet it had managed to retain or rebuild its lustre. On the surface, anyway.

The Underworld was a problem for another day (slash century).

Normally he would spend the occasion with his family, but the deteriorating relationship with the Empire made travel to and from Serenno somewhat complicated. Especially for a Senator. Perhaps a more discreet method of travel?

Later. While being there would be better, near-instantaneous communications would do.

It was not as if expensive communications equipment would leave a dent in his budget.

Ducking sideways to avoid a snowball, he waved off a parent's apology with a chuckle before proceeding to a nearby stand to take a cup of cocoa. Alerted to the approach of persons of interest by Cadence, he lingered for longer than strictly necessary before turning and raising an eyebrow as if surprised. A good poker face came in handy.

"... Chief Healer Serys, no?" Eyes flickering to the darkly-clad figure beside her, his smile broadened ever so slightly. "Ah, and Senator Organa. A pleasure." Having only recently been made a Senator, he knew few of his colleagues.

Still, there was a decent chance Organa knew of him. If only due to the corporate nature of his appointment.

lego-star-wars-holiday-special-rey_2.gif

Objective: Find Saint Varobalder with Thelma
Tag: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

div1.png

Before he could find anything, Silas heard the noise of steps coming his way "I see you've made it Thelma" Silas turned with a smile and saw the small army of younglings who had tagged along "Well, at least the master has given us some company just in case we get into trouble" Silas grinned, walking up to the group of kids who looked eager to find the legend who had been taken away from them.

"Okay then everyone, when we move I want you to stay close to me and Thelma. We're not entirely sure what has happened, so it's only wise to stick as a team. Everyone agreed?" he asked with some slight sternness in his voice, but not enough to suck the fun out of the situation. After seeing a wave of heads nod back to him, he smiled warmly at them all "Good, we will all get moving soon" Silas said to the delight of the younglings.

"Found anything Thelma? do those tracks we saw at the entrance really lead anywhere?"

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

The professor? Miri?

Iris glanced between Eliphas and Starlin. Looked between the colors. Eli didn't know, then. Her expression softened as she simply gave Starlin a nod. there was a lot Eli needed to catch up on, but it wouldn't be her to give it. Not today. Starlin was his Master, too. Life Day. That's what mattered. She just about laughed though, shaking her head as she didn't hesitate to sit on the bed beside him. Gave him more room than he probably needed, just so she wasn't completely crowding him. Try as he might to hide his pain, she could see it.

"I'm fine. I don't really have a gift for you either. Or anyone else for that matter. I never really.. It's not something that came to mind, heh. But just having you awake is.. It's own kind of gift, really."

Lief Lief | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

"He-ey, I thought I was 'baby'" he said jovially, with a mock-pout to accompany the words. Then he looked to Iris as she worried over having hurt him. "Don't worry, Iris, the hug far outweighs any pain." And boy was Eliphas stuck in constant pain these days.
He could sense the change which overcame both Starlin and Iris at his mention of Nimdok, and he glanced between them for some shred of context. Eliphas found it though not necessarily in the way he'd thought he would, they'd both done well to school their expressions. "Miri..." Not Nimdok. His heart sank, but he could tell that they were hoping to preserve the spirit of Life Day just a little while longer before dropping bombshells, so he smiled to hide the realization he'd had.
"How is she?" Eliphas had enjoyed her company, "Maybe I could return it with you..?" He paused, and glanced to where the holocron lay. "Though there's probably a lot I can still learn from it. Would she mind if I held on to it? Just... Just for a little while longer."
Talks turned to gifts and Iris dismissed his concerns regarding not having brought one. Claimed having him awake was one in and of itself. He blushed sheepishly, and glanced down at his lap. "I'm glad you're doing well" he said, already trying to conjure up an idea for a gift he could actually give her, and Starlin. It would likely be late though... He hoped they wouldn't mind.

"I call everybody 'baby'," Starlin corrected. Well, that wasn't wholly accurate. Baby-ness was a quality only a select few possessed. He wouldn't have called Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina 'baby' even though she was fun-sized.

Eli asked about Miri. "She is engaged and going to have a couple of babies," Starlin replied brightly. Yeah, he knew about the twins, though he thought it would be funny to let them find out for themselves. And judging by the looks on both Miri and Kyell Laysel 's faces, they had finally figured it out. "I'm sure she wouldn't mind. That holocron's got a lot of secrets in it waiting to be discovered."

Starlin whistled under his breath as Iris called Eli's return a gift, and smirked at Eli's reddened face. "Maybe I should leave the two of you alone...?"

Last edited:
Everyone eh?
"Bet you wouldn't call Master Celsius baby" he mumbled, before his face lit up to the news of Miri. "She is? That's wonderful!" What did you get for someone when you had just found out in quick succession that they'd lost their father, gotten engaged, and was due to have twins? It was almost dizzying to imagine the kind of gift which would work for all of that. Nevermind the card...
"I'll make sure I return it to her when I'm done." Not Nimdok. Evidently nobody needed to have the Nimdok talk with him, not right away at least. Maybe another day so he could understand what had happened.
Starlin's whistle and accompanying words had the lad snapping his gaze up, staring at his Master as though he'd suddenly sprouted three extra heads like some sort of hydra. Iris was blushing, and doing a good job of being - or at least seeming - ignorant. Clearly Eliphas wasn't as successful.
"Yeah..." he said, eyes narrowing suspiciously. "What are you suggesting, Master?"

"Bet you wouldn't call Master Celsius baby."

"Nah, she a baddie."

The two of them looked either bewildered or embarrassed by his suggestion. Starlin just laughed. "All right, I guess I was mistaken. All the blushing and cuddling and cutesiness threw me off."

Clearly Val Drutin still had Eli's heart.

Last edited:
ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

download_2.gif

ROCKIN' AROUND THE LIFE DAY TREE

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: Street Plaza, Coruscant |
| TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble |

Despite the cold surface of his plating's smooth steel and the freezing palette of icy blues and ocean blacks decorating his exterior, snow had never been one of the droid's favorite things in life. The vents along his tool-bay discs needed to be shut tight lest the white slush intrude in their hulls, and the thicker snow proved awfully bothersome when it came to navigating - not because it would impede movement, of course, as a BB-unit is more than fit to traverse unlevel terrain - but because his shell would gradually accumulate more and more of it until BB-610 was starting to look like a snowball himself, having to periodically shake himself free of it, body glistening with icy flakes.

Having said that, not even those inconveniences could impede on Life Day's blissful air of magic and cheer, even as the astromech's
themed hat caused him slight discomfort; covering his antennae muted his reception, which felt rather stuffy for a droid whose systems were frequently in tip-top condition. Coruscant's streets are nothing short of gorgeous, and the Jedi elegance he'd only just seen days prior in the Temple had been applied in spades to every inch of the plaza the droid rolled through. For once, BB-610 doesn't feel the need to dwell on the hows and whys of the philosophical dilemma of whether those were traits an artificial being was meant to digest, because Life Day existed almost as the antithesis to the strict objectivity he'd found solace in all his life; it was brimming with feeling and joy without a hint of worry, oozing with festivity and carried by relationships.

And as BB-610 left trails of flattened snow in his wake with the whirring of his motors, the droid deemed it no surprise that
Valery Noble Valery Noble , the woman who - as far as he was concerned - was the face of feeling and joy, had invited him to join her family. BB-610 had left their apartment after double triple quadruple checking that his new home was secured to his best ability, and now he let out a series of overjoyed bweeps and chirps as he rolled over to the Jedi.

Wobbling excitedly, the astromech affectionately brushed his dome head against her leg, and while he lacked lips of any kind, the droid's demeanour spoke volumes in how bright his smile would be as he stared up at her. The sound of distant giggling grabbed his attention, and like a dog perking up at the sound of treat bags being opened, his photoreceptors scan the plaza to pinpoint the noise's source: Vera, his Master's daughter, currently assembling a snowball.

With a quick
clicking of binary letting Valery know that he's going to go keep an eye on her, BB-610 steered himself over to the young girl's location, circling the snowball curiously. Satisfied with the very brief diagnostics run to let him know if the girl was feeling well (which, yes, while her temperature was lower than average, he'd chalked that up to the colder weather and deemed her otherwise perfectly healthy), BB-610 tilted his head, tweeting with quiet droidspeak as he asked her why she was creating such a big ball of snow.

GADividerBlue.png

Last edited:
Especially with him still hurt.
Oh, for the love of the Empress... If he could have self-combusted in that moment he would have. Torn apart into a billion little shreds, lost to the wind. Or... The air conditioning of the ship. Either way his cheeks and ears burned and he felt as though he might slip back into his previously comatose state.
Deceased. He was deceased.
"Friends" he choked, "J-Just friends..." Iris was in fact his best friend, but he didn't know if that was reciprocated so he daren't mention it. Instead he tried to cool off his overly bashful state. "Uh, so, Life Day, amirite?" He looked between Iris and Starlin, then toward the hover chair he'd been avoiding all day. "Think anyone'd notice it's me if I wore a cloak..?" He'd been hiding away in Starlin's ship ever since they got back.
Getting a little fresh air might have been nice...

"We're friends, but we're not intimate. Especially with him still hurt."

Starlin held up his hands. "Hey, it's none of my business. But it is Life Day. Why not minister to the sick?..." He broke off, cracking up at his own joke.

Having been thoroughly teased, Eli wanted to go out and get some fresh air. Starlin couldn't blame him. "I dunno. It is cold though, so you better wrap up anyway." He held the door open so Eli could hover his way out.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

The joke went over her head.

Or she just willed it to to not end up as red as Eliphas was. She might still be figuring out innuendoes and such, but the colors coming from Eliphas and Starlin were clear enough on what Starlin was trying to say. Instead she just focused on the fact he wanted to go outside. For a moment she frowned, but.. She understood it. Better than most. And he was why she got out when she didn't even want to before.

"Let me stay by, and yeah. You're still recovering."

Lief Lief | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

Eliphas all but shot daggers toward his Master when his ministering the sick comment was made, but thankfully Iris made no further mention to his silly jokes and they were able to move on to less embarrassing matters. Like going outside.
"Cold?" He practically sighed in relief upon hearing that. "Empress does that sound nice." He'd been stuck in an air conditioned state for so long now, the temperature kept at a comfortable level. Not too hot, not too cold. It was stifling, really.
Iris seemed concerned, but she agreed so long as she could remain present. "I'd like you to stay, but only because you're my friend... I don't need another nurse." The pout he produced this time seemed a little more sincere. This had been what he was worried about, people fussing and trying to urge him back to a medical bay. He couldn't blame her though, could he? She cared, it was only natural she'd want what was best for him.
Were the cards reversed he'd want her well cared for.
"Sorry" he mumbled, before he shuffled forward on the bed and awkwardly shifted into the hover chair. He grunted some as he settled into place, then hovered over to his dresser to pull out one of his thicker robes. It was black, with a few pieces of gilded embroidery which he could easily hide within the folds. One of the few things he still had from home. Winter in the Tetan mountains could be particularly chilly.
He draped it around himself, pulled up the hood, then looked between them both. "How'd I look?" he asked with a playful grin, before scooting the chair over to where Starlin awaited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom