Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Gift of Light

christmas-lights-30.png

MOSHED-2022-12-1-19-58-32.jpg

div-hohohokay.png
A day of peace. A day of remembrance. Perhaps especially in the Galactic Alliance, a day of unity. It is needless to say that in a nation so large as that which the Starbird’s Wings embrace, friction is inevitable. Yet, for a magical day, all is forgotten as the promise of Life Day rings true.

Orbs decorate Coruscant’s streets like stars and feisty senators hold their intrigue for at least the recess. As the season sweeps the galaxy, traditions come to life, and one cry can be heard echoing across the stars: Happy Life Day to all!

div-hohohokay.png

download_2.gif

OBJ I: ROCKIN’ AROUND THE LIFE DAY TREE

In only a few hours, the festivities of the night will commence, seeing the senators heading one to their balls and jedi another to their Life Day Party in the temple. Twilight, though, is a time for unity. All those on Coruscant are invited to the Senate Square to witness the life day orbs come alive for the first time. The environmental controls are set to snow, the hot cocoa brewed, and the tree of life begins to glow!

lego-star-wars-holiday-special-rey_2.gif

OBJ II: GRANDPA GOT RAN OVER BY A REINDEER

The appearance of Saint Varobalder may have started as a jolly joke, but in the years since, it has become an expectation. For months prior to the holiday, younglings babble about what gifts the mythical figure might deliver from his bag this year. Padawans don their elf ears in a show of humility. Even elders of the Order are not immune - there is something in the tradition that brings merriment even to stoic hearts.

This year, as preparations for the party come down the hour, a mystery arises! Saint Varobalder has vanished into the night. Tears are inevitable as the younglings overhear whispers. Through all the searching, only two clue have been found thus far - Asmundr Varobalder Asmundr Varobalder spoke to Master Henna Ashina Henna Ashina earlier in the day, and snowy boot tracks were found in the hall of fountains.

Without the saint, celebrations just aren’t the same – can you help save Life Day?

Welcome to the Life Day side quest! Those who would like to participate should investigate the points of interest listed in the objective. When you make your post to do so, roll a D20, and include your results. Roll poorly and you may reach a dead end - roll well, find Saint Varobalder, and save Life Day! Who knows, the hero might be awarded a prize from the Saint’s magical satchel of gifts.

All-I-Want-For-Life-Day-Lego-Star-Wars-Celebrate-the-Season-star-wars-43628672-540-304_2.gif

OBJ III: SUCH IS LIFE DAY

Whilst others gather to sing carols around the fire, not all are so lucky to find peace with their families on the holiday. Soldiers are bound by duty to their post, Jedi watchmen to their planets, explorers to the stars which have captured their hearts. These kindred souls find their own traditions to celebrate. Whether feasting on less groggy grog in a barracks or gathering around the comms to hear the Chancellor’s festive message, Life Day finds a way.​

Last edited:

All-I-Want-For-Life-Day-Lego-Star-Wars-Celebrate-the-Season-star-wars-43628672-540-304_2.gif

Such is Life Day
OPEN FOR COMMISERATION

fwfqf.png

What the space station in the outer rim lacked for festive ambience, the crew made up for wholesale by making their own. Laughter echoed through the metal corridors as snow littered the ground. Some genius engineer had repurposed the hand cannons into killer snowball throwers. Whilst someone would be scrubbing the latrines for days, the soldiers were enjoying the fun before they got caught.

A holoflame provided a steady glow at Teshi's table. The canteen worker threw her a dirty look, surely hoping for a free bar - though it softened when Teshi paid for a round of spiced cider for the both of them. The taste reminded her of home, and the inevitable wandering ensued. Idir would be making her way to their parents house shortly. Their mother would be slaving to ensure every detail of the meal was just right, their father slipping out for huttaburger in case one of the experimental recipes didn't work out. Traditional, mom would say. Gross, dad would argue.

A deep sigh escaped the Major's chest. The days drug on as the 222nd awaited their orders. The outer rim sure made for a lonely life day.

"Another." She told the bartender, tapping her table.

Last edited:
download_2.gif

Obj. 1 - Rockin' Around the Life Day Tree

"You know, the last time I went to a Life Day party, I almost got killed," Starlin said between sips of hot chocolate. "Weird story, that..." He chuckled, but his expression suggested he was reluctant to talk about it.

His gaze flicked from Iris—whom he happened to run into at the Temple, and figured he might as well talk to—over to Miri Nimdok, who was sitting next to Kyell Laysel on the other side of the room, their heads bowed close together. Probably discussing baby names or something. "So, Iris," he turned back to the Knight. "How have things been going with you lately?"

What do you say we skip this little soirée and go do something else? he thought but did not say. So far there wasn't all that much going on, and it seemed to be mainly just a holiday-themed social hour for the Jedi. At least the hot chocolate was good, and Starlin may or may not have eaten one too many Life Day cookies.

Such Is Life Day

Objective: Enjoy Life Day
Equipment: Credit Chip
Tags:

Teshi Ocano Teshi Ocano | OPEN

div-goldiguess.png

Mylo had never been one for intense celebrations. Memories of lavish parties thrown by his parents for heads of states he'd never heard before still burned in his brain. The atmosphere was one of quiet enjoyment, or, on his own part, contemplation. Most of the troops stationed here had just returned from the front, or were just about to be sent back out. He imagined this was the least that they could do before they returned to stare down hell itself.

Elaborately decorated helmet under his arm, he sauntered into the mess, splitting off from the rest of his squadron. The many Chiss, New Alderaanian and other pilots of Raider Squadron weren't particularly accustomed to traditions such as these. A pang of pity rang through him, as he imagined they'd be thinking of their families on their worlds still occupied by the Maw. But, confounding him, they seemed in high spirits, laughing and joking as they took seats across the room.

Elbows on the counter, he called over to a canteen worker, who functioned more as a bartender who seemed to surmise that he wasn't a regular.
"Put anything my pilots over there get on my tab, and a Jawa Juice for me." He ordered, motioning over to the table where the other pilots had assembled. The dark-haired starfighter pilot let out a long sigh, pulling his bomber jacket over himself just a little bit more.

Leaning wistfully, he removed his flight gloves and helmet and placed them down on the counter, rubbing his still-frigid hands for some warmth. The ersatz bartender came around with his Jawa Juice, and he got up, his search for somewhere to sit narrowed by the full tables he saw dotted around the cavernous mess hall. Turning off to his right, he saw an empty table, populated only by a young woman around his own age. Army? Marines? He couldn't tell, maybe he'd ask.

Against better judgement, he ambled over with the Jawa Juice, plopping down on the chair.
"Sorry uh, everywhere else was taken." Was his attempt at a vain apology. "So, you headed back to the frontlines or?" Was his attempt at some conversation as he began to sip on his drink.

Padawan for Eternity

download_2.gif

div1.png

Objective: OBJ I: ROCKIN' AROUND THE LIFE DAY TREE
Tag: Open.

After long missions, Pradd really needed to relax. The recent events were just, getting him tired. But hey, it's the Life Day! He never experienced one before, and really, he was excited about it. It felt like a nice holiday, so why sleep when you can have a party at the Temple?

Well, he was still in an old, really old T-47 air speeder, which wasn't going that fast. So Pradd gently stepped on the gas and arrived to the Temple in less than five minutes. Well of course, these droids police officers didn't let him park INFRONT of the Temple. He needed to find a place two blocks away, walking to the Temple.
And for the first time, he saw snow on Coruscant.

A long walk where he'd admire the decorations of the upper levels, his boots would quickly get full filled with powder snow. "Bloody hell.. I don't like life day anymore." You'd imagine, in his memories of the family he had, Pradd never had one with a Life Day tree, which is normal, as corporates are always busy.

nocolour.png

download_2.gif

OBJ I | ROCKIN' AROUND THE LIFE DAY TREE
CORUSCANT | SOME BAR NEAR THE SENATE SQUARE

“An-n-d then whhaha, what did you do?” She encouraged, entirely enchanted with the story and its many twists Verin had spun so far. Whether or not it was true didn’t matter. It was next-level entertaining.

Even the bartender was keeping close to their proximity, cracking a grin at all the right moments.

A few cups in already, they’d been at this for a while. The girls had long since established they wouldn’t be spending life day with their families. Reasons didn’t need to be shared — instead, they simply left it as a good opportunity to make the day whatever they wanted it to be.

And sober wasn’t it.

Coruscant was full of people far from home. Here for service, politics, tourism, whatever it was, filled the streets, walls, temples, chambers, with jubilance, delight, and festive spirit. So much of that happiness changed the streets and who was in them. Normally, the bar the two occupied was reserved for diplomats or politicians who did handshakes unseen in the back room. High profile dignitaries that required oversized seats and booths to fit their massive clothes while they gossiped and sipped cocktails.

Today, it was decorated with little silver bulbs, twinkling lights, and a younger generation with offensive hemlines.

The bar staff loved the renewed energy. The exchanges were so different from the norm, that it made up for the fact they had to work the Life Day shift. At least the bar would close for a few hours for the ceremonial tree-lighting at Twilight.

And ahead of that, several of those far-from-homers, or lonesome soldiers, or politicans, or whatevermacallits were in a rush to find someone to spend the ceremony with.

Which turned into untimely interruptions to those who were content with their present company.

“Excuse me, ladies,” Tall, blonde, dashing, and a jawline that could cut through butter swanned in: “I couldn’t help— and I" the jawline chuckled deeply "Might have had too much of the ‘nog, but am I seeing double? Or are there two angels in here? Surely, a Life Day Miracle. ”

“That’s a terrible line.”
Cordé scolded, leaning back against the bar and wiggling into her seat proper. She tilted her almost-empty glass accusingly at him, as though it were a scepter and she’d passed judgement like the Queen of Hearts. “You should never use it again.”

Oh, I’m sincerely hoping I won’t have to.” Mr. Jawline oozed incredible confidence, flashing a toothsome grin.

“Oh,” She set her drink down. “That was much better. But, mm..” She shrugged, inconclusively and made a casual gesture in the direction of her companion.

“What do you think, Ver? This count?”

After the first fellow that had attempted to insert himself, they’d made a drinking game of it. It's probably why Cordé was feeling more buzzed than usual.

Last edited:

Kyell Laysel

K

download_2.gif

Tag: Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

<Fine, I suck at names,> he admitted with a sigh before he pulled back his head from the datapad they had both been looking at. None of the names he had tried to come up with really stuck, so perhaps this was one of those things he just needed to leave to her. Especially because he was starting to reach the point where he'd throw out joke names, and he didn't want to receive death glares for that right now.

So instead, he decided to shift the focus to something else for a moment.

<Oh, before I forget, I uh... got you something,> He smiled sheepishly and pulled out a small box which, strangely, was coated in some of that nullification resin they had once used when they dealt with Dark Side artifacts in the Sanctum of the Exalted. <It's something small, but I figured you'd like it,>

Kyell opened the box and inside was a necklace with a small crystal at the heart of it. The design wasn't anything special but now that the lid was off, she'd be able to feel its Force presence. <The resin is just so I could keep it a surprise, but it's a Force crystal. This one, if you wear it around your neck, can enhance your senses. It won't really make a difference for other abilities, but it'll allow you to feel...> he trailed off and glanced down at her stomach for just a moment.

He had remembered that she wished to have been able to feel the baby that was coming. Even Kyell struggled with it still, and likely would until the later stages of the pregnancy. But as faint as it was, it felt so peaceful and pure. He wanted her to be able to feel it too.

Alora Davani

A

7BUIiLq.png

Outfit: xxx
Tag: Open!

Alora held out her hand, a delicate snowflake landed in her palm and slowly melted into a tiny puddle.

"My goodness," she said, smiling. She couldn't remember the last time she'd seen snow. The healer hadn't imagined she'd seen it fall like this on Coruscant of all places, quite a magical sight indeed. The Square had been decked out for the occasion it seemed, everything adorned to celebrate Life Day in style.

She gave the scarf around her neck a small tug. There was definitely a chill in the evening air, evident by the small puff of breath visible as she exhaled a content sigh. It was nice to see other Jedi preparing to view the orbs -- and get ready for the Life Day party in the temple. Alora hadn't quite decided if she'd join or not. Though, perhaps it would be a good chance to mingle... she was still very new here.

For the time, she'd simply enjoy the festivities... and a cup of hot chocolate, too. Who could pass that up?

Last edited by a moderator:
download_2.gif

<No, you can't just name all our children Kyell Jr. or Kyla,> Miri said, right before Kyell gave up.

Not that her ideas were much better. Since they both loved music, she had suggested a musical motif, with names like Harmony, Melody, Lyric or Lyra, and Cadence. That was all right for girls, but what about boys? If they had a son, she wanted to name him after her father, but then she knew her mother would want a granddaughter named after her, and Miri hated her mother’s name. Bithia sounded too close to a certain big-headed species with a penchant for jizz music. Then there was Starlin, who in return for taking Miri’s place in battle, had not-quite-jokingly asked for the child to be named after him…

<Now I know why some people just use name generators,> she mused, before falling silent as Kyell presented his gift. The box was opened and the dulling effect of the nullification resin fell away. Miri’s eyes widened as she looked up at him, cupping the back of his hand. <Oh, Kyell…> She was at a loss for words, so she hugged him and kissed his cheek to show her gratitude.

Tentatively, she touched the crystal with her fingertips. It was pink and blue, the colors vibrant with that potent energy that seemed to make all things preternaturally touched by the Force glow from within. A ripple of nervousness ran through her, uncertain of what she might feel, but it wasn’t enough to stifle her excitement as she lifted the pendant out of the box, clasped the chain around her neck, and closed her eyes.

At first she was overwhelmed by the sudden boost to her senses, but as she got a better grasp of it, she was able to focus inward. Despite medical tests and other Force Users claiming they could sense that she was pregnant, it had all still seemed so unreal to Miri. But any doubts were erased in an instant when she finally was able to sense them. Two very faint, still-forming presences. They felt a little like her, and a little like Kyell too, but she knew that they were already becoming something else, developing their own signatures in the Force.

Her eyes shot open. <Wait—there’s two of them?!>

download_2.gif

OBJ I: ROCKIN' AROUND THE LIFE DAY TREE

Corsucant
Jedi Temple
Kitchens
Cailen Corso Cailen Corso

"Don't drink it all too quickly, its hot. And you don't want to hurt your stomach."
The Jedi Padawan spoke as he lined up the small mugs and poured hot chocolate in each of them. And he then passed them around to the younglings that were sitting in their chairs along the kitchen counter.

"Aiden, what else will we be doing."

"I'm glad you asked, we are gonna bake some cookies, drink some more hot chocolate. Then tell you guys a Life Day story, and then you will be off to bed. And then when you wake up tomorrow you will have a gift that you wake up too."

The Jedi Padawan couldn't help but laugh and smile proudly as the younglings all cheered and took turning taking sips of their hot chocolate. "This is tasty!" "Yummy!" "I want more!"

"Well, hold on now, you gotta pace yourself." Aiden said with a laugh and smile. "You don't want to get a tummy ache on life day do you?"!

"What sort of cookies do you all have in mind?"
Aiden started to say when someone entered the kitchen and it happened to be Cailen who was joining him. "Welcome! Great to have another padawan here!" The Jedi poured Cailen a cup of of the sweet drink and handed it to him. "How are you doing, Aiden Porte, officially. It's nice to meet you."

Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo

Verin had been leaning with her back against the bar.

Arms spread in separate directions with her head tipped backwards. It kind of helped with the room shifting under her feet. Kinda. The smoke filling her lungs each time Verin took a drag seemed to help too. Steadied. It encouraged her grins to grow wider and her stories to become even more fantastical than they had started with.

"Mkay, well, so I shoved his-"

See, Verin's eyes were closed, but if a person was handsome enough? You could catch it in their voice. The sort of confidence you only got when you grew up being the Belle of the Ball.

One eye opened up and gave the blondie a once-over.

"Terrible..." Verin drawled lazily and echoing Cordé absently. But the boy recovered rather quickly without skipping a beat. This was something that Verin could appreciate. "Mm, better don't mean best, does it, C?" Murmured over to Cordé as she already whistled for two more shots to come. The game had been set for most of the evening, so the barkeep knew what was up.

Without looking Verin accepted the shot glass.

"Time to take a hike, blondie." He was about to retort with another charming smile. Verin's grin turned toothy as she shifted to look at Cordé. This exposed the tattoo branded there.

For some reason it made him blanch. Just a bit.

"Her and me would break you-" Verin looked back... and oh, he was already gone. "Mm, not as much confidence as it seemed, eh?"

download_2.gif

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Maran Maran

Jasper_divider_3.0.png

Jasper was actually back for Life Day, shockingly. His year had been chaotic, with the galaxy seeming to want to throw everything at him at once. Still, time marched on, and he had to take the time to enjoy the little moments while he could. The young knight couldn't deny how hopeful the air always seemed on Life Day, even in such a bleak time. Jasper always wore a smile on his face, but it felt more genuine than it usually did today. So, being the responsible teacher he wanted to be at least, he asked Maran to at least make a brief appearance. He knew that there was a lot on his padawan's mind as well, albeit for different reasons. Jasper reasoned maybe she could use a little bit of joy as well.

He wasn't where everyone else was gathered, not completely anyways. Jasper was in a room just above where the festivities were occurring, leaning on the railing of a loft-balcony looking down. Everything was still in view, and one could easily join the rest of the gathered crowd via staircase, but it was secluded enough for a more private conversation. He was anticipating such a conversation, or more so hoped for one. There was a lot he still wanted to hear from Maran, at least to help ease her anxiety.

Only time would tell if that panned out.

download_2.gif

div-hohohokay.png

Objective 1: ROCKIN'

Dressed in a royal purple suit, Senator Dominique Vexx stood overlooking the Square with a parasol cradled in the nook of one arm. The snow was a cute touch, but that didn't mean she wanted to wear it. The thin parasol would be enough to keep the bulk of the frosted festivity off her person, and it was far more fashionable in its intricate design than a solid sheet of fabric.

It certainly helped keep the flakes off her glasses. Little to be done about seeing her own breath crystallize in the air before her very eyes, however. At least some thermal insulation made prolonged exposure tolerable. Barely. Her hands certainly were not feeling very festive.

Now, what Dominique would love for Life Day was having a bunch of Jedi thrown off Denon. If only there were a mystical, all-powerful 'Force' with a Will that could be bargained with to give a woman such a wish.

Not to let flights of fancy occupy her thoughts more than they had already, Dominique began to stroll about the Square. Her golden eyes peeked out over the tops of her glasses at the large crowd gathered to observe the Orbs and Tree of Life sparkle. The likelihood of knowing more than a sliver of a percent of those that gathered was infinitesimally small. Nonetheless, if the Senate was going to hold a gathering it should be well attended. There certainly was quite a buzz in the crowd as well.

Yes, yes, quite festive.

It wouldn't kill the galaxy for it to offer some tolerable company while she was out 'meeting the masses' or whatever some Public Relations busybody wanted to call it. Dominique was in a rather good mood, after all.

Nearby: Alora Davani

download_2.gif

OBJ I - Senate Square
Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | OPEN​

Amani was a big fan of Life Day. The 'plays Life Day music and decorates at the earliest acceptable date' kind. Something about the atmosphere of the season struck a chord with her that no other holiday could compare to. Aside from only the most curmudgeonly types, everyone seemed to be just a little bit more cheerful during this time of year. And after her years in the Outer Rim cost her a few big Life Day celebrations, she had been hellbent on making up for it ever since.

Amani shut her eyes basked in the dancing snowflakes, forgetting for a moment that she had Alicio forcibly kept in place beside her through their linked arms, "Isn't this great?" She sighed contently, finally loosening her unintended hold, "Sometimes I wish they did stuff like this more often." Alas, then it wouldn't be as special. So she chose to just relish in the time offered.

"If you want, we could always stop by the party at the Temple after this," It seemed that was were most people she knew had already gone. Amani on the other hand, wanted to at least spend some time at the Senate Square first, "Buuut, if you'd rather just cozy up inside the rest of the night, that's just fine with me, too," She poked the Count's nose, "Happy Life Day."

Last edited:

download_2.gif

GIFT OF LIGHT
New Life 2022

GAPostBreaker.png

Tags: Aiden Porte Aiden Porte
Objective #1: Rockin' Around the Life Day Tree
Soundtrack: The Dawning

D381-EDA7-9991-452-F-9476-613421-A2-C693.png

Cailen was absolutely beaming.

To say that this year's Life Day was magical would be an understatement. For the first time in nearly four years, Cailen traveled home to Anaxes and spent some well-earned downtime with his parents and closest friends. Though sad to say goodbye once again, he was glad to return to his post on Coruscant in time to join his fellow Jedi in their Life Day traditions. He couldn't think of a better way to spend the holiday than with good company and hungry younglings.

"Welcome! Great to have another padawan here!"

"Thank you!" Cailen said with a bow, gratefully accepting the steaming cup. He blew on it, sending little ripples across the top before taking a sip.

Nothing could ever beat Valery Noble Valery Noble 's recipe, but he'd never turn down a good cup of hot chocolate. He took another sip before mentioning that he'd worked with Aiden before.

"I think we've actually met," he said. "At the gala... on Hapes?"

The subject was likely still a sore one, considering the terrible turn of events the Jedi faced while trying to keep the peace. He didn't linger on that night, though. Today was meant for celebrating life. Cailen took his position beside Aiden, smiling and waving at the line of younglings that waited before the serving table.

"So, what do you need help with?"

Such is Life Day
Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne | OPEN FOR COMMISERATION

fwfqf.png

Gazing through her brows, Teshi watched the flyboy who had just become her drinking buddy as he went through the motions. He seemed a bit tamer than some of the other units she had met during her stay. They would have offered raunchy jokes in place of his apology. A cursory scan of his uniform revealed little but an unfamiliar symbol.

"You did me a favor," She remarked, wiping foam from her lip. "I don't look so bitter and sad sitting here with you. I dunno what's next. You know how command is, always taking their sweet ass time."

Her eyes narrowed, looking to his chest for the bright red dots.

"Oh, good... Captain. Not offending you then. Just don't tell Ridor or she'll leave me here when they go just to teach me a lesson."

Teshi's roughness gave way to a goofy grin which stretch across the entirety of her face. A hand reached to clasp his shoulder firmly, giving a friendly shake. She may have been a marine, but the Starfighter Corps were their brother in arms. Navy through and through, eyes in the sky, backup when the needed. The sense of comradery was not lost between the two subdivisions.

"I'm Major Ocano. 222nd Nova Corps. What's your squadron doing stuck out here for the holiday?"

Last edited:

nocolour.png

download_2.gif

OBJ I | ROCKIN' AROUND THE LIFE DAY TREE
CORUSCANT | SOME BAR NEAR THE SENATE SQUARE

"Break? I wouldn't say thaAt exactly.." Cordé murmured over the lip of her shot glass, "that seems like a lot.." and gave a look and a shrug to Jawline that would have passed for you know how it is. He was already turning away with his tail tucked between his legs, but he glanced forlornly over his shoulder in time to see Cordé raise the shot glass in his favour and toss it back.

WHEW! That seemed stronger than last time. Her mouth puckered, and it felt like all her skin tightened around her collarbone. Visibly, she was definitely wincing.

As if the glass itself were responsible for the burn, she tilted it against the countertop, circling its base, and then shoved it aside.

"Okay, okay, he's gone. AND I want to know about the shoving of his —" she made a brief gesture with her free hand in reference to Verin's earlier story, and then used that same hand to softly poke at the design on her friend's skin.

"But first, whatsis?"

MOSHED-2022-12-1-19-58-32.jpg

Inosuke Ashina Inosuke Ashina
Coruscant Jedi Temple

0v7RlQs.png
Silence had taken the younglings as they decorated the trees which lined the corridor. It was a rare thing, with little children, and for that reason alone Henna dare not challenge it. There was something soothing about the task; a job done right, details so small that proper they would go unnoticed, but left off mark would dampen the spirits. Thus Henna went about the hall with busy hands and a reflective mind.

The Coruscant Temple seemed an enigma. Even after so many years, it was her first true home; but the people who filled it now were strangers, the order which it housed morphing, and the halls were filled with ghosts of the past, elusive but demanding. Her stay had become an exercise in control. Though never lacking, some emotions could not be entirely ignored. The last time she had been here, all she held dear had collapsed with the rubble. It was only shortly after the Watchman set out for her new home. There would be a time for observance before her departure - but Life Day needed it's due first.

"Master Sarratt," The pantoran girl Eda tugged at cream robes, pointing. "I need to get that spot. Help?"

There was no refusing such a request. Henna hoisted the girl, and a cyan orbed brought life to barren branches. Murmurs began as the other children finished. A padawan in elf ears popped around the corner hurriedly, making intently for the master's side.

"He's still not been found," The boy whispered. Suspicious gazes from the children prompted a nervous grin. "Ya know what makes life day even better, you guys? Raiding the kitchen for cookies!"

The same nervous grin met Henna with flitting eyes, as if asking permission after. A simple nod released them. They skittered down the hallway in a mad dash, betting duties and holotime for who would get their first. Mindless wandering brought her to the hall which would host hundreds of her peers in only hours. Destitute now, there was something melancholic and aching about the empty space. Galactic City stretch out beyond the grand windows. The lone woman stood watching the tree lighting below, waiting for someone she wasn't sure would come.

download_2.gif

OBJECTIVE I: ROCKIN' AROUND THE LIFE DAY TREE
SENATE SQUARE, CORUSCANT
Tags: Amani Serys Amani Serys -
OPEN!

Alicio didn't remember the last time he had spent Life Day with anyone.

He'd eschewed the holiday for the past... lifetime. Not for any anti-festivity sentiment, of course. There was always something more important to do, somewhere he needed to be. Studies, meetings, relief planning, that kept him away from friends and family. The Count liked the holiday well enough; it inspired communities galaxy-wide, and encouraged nestling into a couch to watch cheesy, low-budget holiday movies.

But he'd never had a personal appreciation for Life Day. Not until this year, with Amani. There was a new magic in the air, watching the woman he loved become fully immersed in it all, and dragging him along with her into the festivities. Not that one could guess his good mood, given his dark coat and scarf, as well as a mildly dour expression that Amani would recognize as his 'peaceful and contemplative' face.

"It's... nice, to see so many people enjoying themselves," he noted, watching as a Coruscant's populace mingled, children dashing through tiny, powdered snowdrifts. They let loose peals of easy laughter, trying to pour snow down each other's coats. That got Alicio to smile. "I wouldn't mind if the galaxy were like this, every day."

"I'd be happy to stop by the Temple too, as long as I'm not crashing a Jedi-only party."
He tilted his head to look at Amani, a twinkle in his eye. "Otherwise, after a while, I wouldn't mind going home and... warming up." He let the innuendo stand for a moment, before adding "I took the liberty of renting 'A Life Day Carol'. If we have time."

Amani booped his nose, and he could only respond by concealing a chuckle, and wrapping a caring arm around her. "Happy Life Day, Amani."

Last edited:

Such is Life Day

Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne Teshi Ocano Teshi Ocano Open

Deck out in full armor Minerva passed another corridor, looking for the makeshift bar on the station. Walking on the snow filled floor the Mandalorian grinned. Despite some initial impressions these Alliance types were proving to be entertaining in their own way.

Not all of them are a bunch of whiny nurse droids. Thank Manda for that.

Chuckling to herself Minerva pressed on. She had just come back from a reconnaissance op on the frontlines and had finished a debriefing here with some SIA spook. Now it was time to enjoy the holiday before heading back to her company.

Most of her Life Day celebrations over the years had mainly been spent at whatever cantina was available. Smiling while recalling the time she started an all out brawl just to make one holiday evening more interesting Minerva finally found the bar. Quickly she noted how mostly full it already is with pilots, marines and other personnel already in the merry making spirit. Laughter escaped her at the sight of it all. Quickly she strolled over to the bartender who paused for a few moments at the sight of the newcomer.

Subsequently Minerva removed her helmet. Her normally fierce countenance now bore a friendly grin, that caused the bartender to relax some more especially when the Mandalorian handed some credits.

"I'll have some circuit cinder if you can arrange that." Nodding the canteen worker went to work with the order.

While waiting Minerva glanced around for a good spot. Sure enough her eyes found a mostly empty table near a holoflame saved for what she assumed to be a marine and most definitely a pilot. It looks like they're getting acquainted. Given her beverage and holding with the right hand and grabbing the helemt with the other hand Minerva made her decision. Soon enough she walked over to Teshi and Mylo.

Once close enough Minerva raised her glass and greeted them both.

"Happy life day! I'm Minerva Fhirdiad, Gorgara Company. Mind if I join you two?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom