Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Gift of Light

nocolour.png

download_2.gif

OBJ I | ROCKIN' AROUND THE LIFE DAY TREE
CORUSCANT | SOME BAR NEAR THE SENATE SQUARE

Quite literally on the edge of her seat, Cordé clung on to every word that spilled from Verin’s lips. She rolled her eyes at the parts that were just so Nar Shaddaa, and nodded when things seemed predictable, and drew in a breath when things got tense. All the while, she glanced between Verin’s face and her tattoo.

When Verin talked, the black mark throbbed.

Her mouth popped open to question what directly meant — the Chiss was rarely ever anything other than a hologram at best — when Verin clarified. Cordé settled back into her seat silently. She even winced at the mention of additional Hutt secretion.

“Gross.”

Her voice dipped when she accepted the cigarette, holding it between her fingers. She glanced once, twice over her shoulder to see if anyone else was smoking. Were they allowed to smoke here?

At the far end of the bar, someone wearing a fluffy collared coat was puffing away on a pipe and looked quite relaxed. It was enough for Cordé to follow suit.

“No offense,” Cordé started, and pinched the end of the cigarra. These things were terrible for your health. Like black rot on your lungs.

But then again, so was binge drinking.

And tonight, Cordé wasn’t a medic.

"Yeah, thanks." So she accepted the light and leaned across the counter when the bartender flashed a flame for the pair of agents after presenting them with their beers.

When she leaned back, she finished her sentence: “But the way that guy paled, I was definitely expecting something with a lot more, y’know.” She made a fist, and punched at the air in front of her quickly.

“But! An enemy made is an enemy made. 'Sides, if you wanted to, or had to go back, there's tech that'll hide that for you.” She sucked in a drag, and immediately coughed into her elbow. It had been a hot minute since she’d done one of these, and it was quickly itching at the back of her throat and nose.

Instead of apologising, or clinging to the embarrassment that came with the small scene of poor smoking etiquette, she transitioned to the next topic. She recovered quickly, took a sip of her beer and asked: “You have any tattoos that you chose?”

At the same time, in the pocket of her coat, her datapad's notification centre buzzed.

It's the least wonderful time of the year.
With sisters who are cringing,
And father that's wincing and wiping a tear.

It's the suck- suckiest season of all.
With these stiff army leaders and Life Day song bleeters,
And there's no one to call.
It's the suck-suckiest season of all.

There'll be lessons on acting,
But more of a roasting,
And then all her patience runs thin.
There'd be anger and hatred,
And sidestares and glaring,
For what she had lost with her job

When passion is criminal,
And risk taking illegal,
A thing that superiors fear.

There'll be freedom in three days,
A prospecting street race,
A big thing amongst all of her peers.
The Alliance could suck it,
Their stiffness she ducked it,
And now she was free as a bird.

There'll be sisters in dress blues,
And Frea in gym shoes,
Looking sly as a goose.

Yes, it's the least wonderful time of the year.
Oh truly the least wonderful time of the year.

Amani latched firmly onto Alicio, her legs locked around his waist and arms draped over his collar. Try as he might, there was no escaping from his new personal turtle shell. But the Count surprised her by holding her down, and twisting around to expose her to some unseen assailant.

Far too caught up in the mischief and with nowhere to dodge, Amani took another handful of snow to her back. She squealed, squirming as the ice ran down her neck and back until she just contorted backwards in an attempt to throw herself and Alicio down into the snow, laughing all the while.

"Cheater!" Amani teased him.

She let Maijan maneuver her, because clearly Mercy had struck a chord.

Understandably so.

How would Mercy have felt? Being cut off from the Force. It was a nightmare, wasn't it? Barely something the large woman could conceive. The Force had been part of her for a very long time. Since she was a child. It had guided her. Strengthened. Even when she didn't yet have the physique of a rough boulder rolling off a mountain.

She was able to rely on the Force to get her way.

"It must be so awful, Mai." Mercy whispered oh so gentle. "Like a phantom limb? Or maybe even worse."

Her finger tips softly brushed the golden metal of skin. Was it so with every Firrerreo? Was it that she was just the wrong type of halfblood her skin wasn't partially metallic?

Stronger, more durable, and healing, yes.

But-

It didn't matter.

"I have this for you." And then she passed something into Maijan's hand. "Got a steady supply of it. Mm, dangerous though, I have seen people turn inside out to get another hit. But..." Mercy shrugged a little. "Not even creepy arse Vong parasites can totally suppress it. You will have it back for a while... dunno how long, differs per person."

The Raykkans were an industrious bunch. The initial HaylBlend barely gave twenty minutes of working time. But Mercy got a hook with an off-brand supply. Twice as dangerous, but... far more effective. Death rate was relatively high. The average user didn't have Mercy's hand around their throat eighty percent of the time.

Mercy was relatively sure she could keep Paisea alive.

None of this was said to the other woman, of course.

Instead the large woman leaned back out and watched her companion. "Give it a go." Encouraging her there with a wild grin. "You got nothing else to lose, do ya?"

Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo

A soft tch there.

"Bit of an embarrassing story, I know." Then Verin shrugged as she pulled from her own cigarra. "But! Can't all be war bangers, where I kick names and take asses." Then she blinked there. Was it not the reverse? Hm. Nah, that was about right, because why would you take a name? Verin already had several names to her... name.

Okay.

Maybe she was still kinda drunk.

Verin noticed the vibrating of Sabo's comms, but didn't make a point of it. Lady would pick up whenever she decided to herself. Instead she pulled up the sleeve of her sweater and exposed the back of her forearm.

"Dis one." Verin declared proudly as she revealed a tattoo that covered her entire forearm and disappeared upwards under her sweater. It was a mesmerizing bit. Interconnected geometrical shapes that seemed to defy perspective. "I drew it myself." She tapped the tattoo, bapping at it a bit in obvious smugness.

"The tattoo artist was jealouussss."

Then she snorted as Sabo's comms KEPT humming.

"Lady, ya gon' pick it up? Clearly ya got a love struck bird in yar cage." A little smirk disappeared behind her beer glass.

rDml1hP.png

A snort.

"The Director tried to get me to play the game, yes. She offered to give me one more hint than the others." Wyse seemed more amused than annoyed by this however. "In return I pointed out I set the majority of her annual budget. This seemed to dissuade her somewhat." Instead she gave him six hints, which Wyse had thought was fair enough.

Sometimes you had to play to the spirit of the game.

"I am surprised you find yourself in this position, Master Jedi. Are you and yours not supposed to..." A wave of his hand there, to indicate some imaginery vision. "Meditate to the tune of the universe's truth or something like that?"

Wyse had barely any truck with the mystical order.

Guns and the logistics of combat boots to the frontlines. These are things that the Supreme Commander understood. This? Flighty magical theories that had always seemed odd to him. But while Thaddeus didn't understand it, he respected it. Only a fool disregarded the prowess of the Order. If he could get dedicated army of them?

Ah, the things he could do.

For a moment Wyse thought someone was approaching their position.

He glanced back towards his guards. They shook their heads almost imperceptibly. "Looks like your secret hideout might be a bit too secretive, Master Varobalder. Perhaps you should retreat to a more open locale?"

Asmundr Varobalder Asmundr Varobalder

It was disarming when Mercy was gentle, and it made the paranoid edge of her rush swell and bloom. The crash was coming, she could feel it. And the crash was so much worse these days, with no spiritual connection to assuage the intensity, she had to ride it out. Like a normie.

Mercy’s empathy was surprisingly accurate. There’d be times she’d gesture, swirl her hands through the air to play the strings of the current like a harpsichord, and find herself simply fluidly motioning through nothing. It was moments like that where humiliation and shame triumphed.

She nodded and sniffed, relaxing her grip on the other woman’s collar and letting her arms drop back down so Mercy could move freely (although let’s be honest, Mercy Mercy could have moved freely at any moment she chose).

Her open hands received a vial, emerald and alluring. She blinked at it, golden eyes mesmerised by the liquid peril or promise.

And it was irrepressible?

The vial rolled from one edge of her fingertips to the other, tinking lightly against her golden hand and silent against her dark skin. Mercy’s encouragement warmed her back to the brink of sobriety, and, almost doe-eyed, Maijan looked up at the wild beaming face of her supplier.

She opened her mouth to say something, defend herself, but only a little tiny half-note eked out. It was a shame, but it was true. She had nothing else to lose. Nothing of substance, anyway.

And at this point in her life, Maijan knew better than to ask questions. Having nothing to lose made it easier to quietly accept, and gratitude was giving it a test. Or was that trust?

“Alrrright.” She acquiesced, and pinched the cork until it popped its release. For only a moment she eyed it suspiciously, then took a tentative sip. It felt like her lips were just crawling over the opening, hesitant and expecting it to be something foul and chemical tasting.

It was delicious.

Uh oh.

The rest was consumed heartily, and when empty, she rest it in her lap and sat a little straighter.

At first, nothing happened.

Then it was like she saw the world in a mist of constructs. Amorphous shapes and colours that had nothing but potential, raw power emanating from their sources. Slowly, they shimmered together to be something more solid and outlined. The room returned.

Mayhem buzzed through her veins, and she clenched and unclenched her fists and then made a gesture as though she were turning an invisible door knob that was only sizeable for three fingers. Across the room, a table of sabaacc players made a noise of confusion.

nocolour.png

download_2.gif

When Cordé leaned forward to inspect the lines, they were so thin and detailed that they almost seemed to pulse and twine together with slithery motions. That, or Cordé’s head was swimming from the drink. The combination of both was certainly making her sway.

“I bet they were.”

Bzz. Bzz.

“Especially if it keeps going up.”

Bzz. Bzz.

It was two-pulses for general notifications. Three for a message. The rhythm of vibrations had been two, pause, pause, pause, two, pause, pause, pause. Which gave Cordé the confidence to dismiss Verin’s teasing.

Part of the reason they’d agreed to a night of revelry was because being solo on Life Day sort of sucked. And they’d both agreed they didn’t have anything else to do. Therefore, Cordé wasn’t expecting any messages from anyone. Maybe her mom responded to the outgoing note she’d sent earlier that night — a blue version of herself with a series of wordless gestures that ended in her dominant hand’s fingers spread out, and her thumb tapped her chin twice — but it was unlikely.

“It’s just like a—” she bent over and rummaged to her pocket, plucking out the dormant device. It buzzed once more and lit up the screen. She squinted at it, took another drag, and hmm’d “—shipping notification.”

Of a very large wormy package. It had been a few months since she'd last received any sort of update about the Dianoga. Clearly not a DF priority. Its arrival on Coruscant was its final stopover before transiting through the expansion region, midrim, and..

“Speaking of Hutt Space..” she murmured quietly, then scrolled up to track the other points of the journey. The information she’d managed to acquire was limited, which was fine because she wasn’t a biologist or naturalist or anything.

She lowered the datapad and opted for a sip of water, rather than beer. Was it serendipity that the notification was happening today, on Life Day? A day where people rallied around miracles and truth and glee? Or was it some sort of curse?

And was it the drink or something else making her cheeks warm and pink?

“But theoretically, okay, imagine you got a text on Life Day to see something that wouldn’t be around tomorrow. Would you..answer it or just ignore it? Does that sound too much like a fake hook?

Emphasis on theee-oh-retick-ahlee of course."

Last edited:
Maijan Paisea Maijan Paisea

Mercy leaned back against the bar and let Maijan get on with it.

First the sipping, then the swallowing and finally letting the chemical run through her. It wasn't long before it took effect. Mercy didn't have to wait for her to say anything either. She felt it. The way Paisea's presence in the Force suddenly erupted in brilliance. It was like the difference between a sad candle and a triumphant bonfire.

"Mmm, there we go." She almost husked as she leaned back and laughed. "Told ya."

And then- before Maijan could say anything?

Mercy's presence would envelop her own in the Force.

Whereas Maijan was used to the gentle brilliance of the White Current Mercy was another beast entirely. A chaotic maelstrom that reveled in the madness and joy of the moment.

We can have anything we want... as long as we are not afraid to take it.

Burning that in her mind before letting go of her in the Force once more.

Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo got an odd glance from Verin on that note.

Then she shrugged.

"Pretty easy question to me, luv." She opted for another sip of her ale rather than the water. Maybe a bad idea, but hey. Here they were. "Can't miss an opportunity, can ya? If ya know this 'theoretical'-" And Verin used her hands royally to shape quotation marks. "-chit ain't gonna be around the next day, there ain't no reason at all to let it pass ya by."

Which.

It was such a vague question, but Verin wasn't blind.

Pretty clear what this was about.

So Verin elbowed Cordé in the side right as she was going to go for another sip of water. "So if ya need to go see a boooooooooooy, then... go right ahead, babe." She laughed there and yawned with a little stretch.

"Hope he prettier than I am tho, otherwise dis' be a bad trade ya making."

lego-star-wars-holiday-special-rey_2.gif

Objective: Find Saint Varobalder with Thelma
Tag: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

div1.png

"We're cool, but if I see any of you doing that again by the time I get back you will not get a second chance," the padawan said sternly to all of them before Thelma began to get excited, Seeing her move forwards, he met her kiss and smiled "Alright alright, let's get moving!" he said with a small laugh as some of the younglings cringed from seeing the older Jedi's have some intimacy.

"You guys will survive, we have more pressing matters!"

With that, he followed closely behind Thelma to the kitchens in search of the sugar eating individual.

Last edited:
if they're watching anyways

Auteme smirked, and gently put Vera back down on the ground. "I've never had an attempted assassination give me so much joy. These are the moments I cherish," she said. "There are still stresses in this season, so it's easy to forget what this holiday is for. So-"

She leaned down and gave Vera a pat on the head. "Don't forget this."

She straightened, then smiled to Valery. "I respect your- public work all the more, knowing the strength required in raising a child. Especially one so energetic."

download_2.gif

OBJ I: Senate Square
Amani Serys Amani Serys | Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand OPEN
--- --- ---
Desric only barely had time to smile smugly and take a sip of cocoa before his eyes widened in surprise - the snowballs thrown by his bodyguards were flung with impeccable accuracy, but that mattered little when the target could seize them in mid-air and throw them at him. How was that fair? Sure he had involved his bodyguards, but Starlin started it.

The first snowball dissolved before hitting his face - and by extension the cocoa cup he was sipping from, a cup still protected by a partially-active personal energy shield. Desric was not one to spill beverages like some troglodyte.

The other three hit his center of mass, making him wince and take a step back.

Narrowing his eyes, he turned his nose up with aristocratic indignation.

Only for his attention to flicker toward the full-blown snow-brawl going on nearby. Had an invisible Jedi just joined in - and what in the stars was Amani trying? Somewhat uneasy, he took a few steps back.

Being tripped into the snow by the brawling lovers would really mess up his hair.

download_2.gif

Senate Plaza
div-orange.png
Outfit: Casual Winter Coat
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Auteme Auteme BB-610 BB-610 Kara Jade Kara Jade

Vera was gently set down and remained where she was, just looking up between Auteme and her mother with nothing but joy and pure excitement in her eyes. To her, it didn't matter how important Auteme was, or who any of the people around her were in the grand scheme of things. They all felt different, but all of them felt warm and welcoming toward her. That was something she wouldn't ever forget.

"Don't forget this."

"I won't! Thank you, Mrs. Chancelor!" She paused, blinked, and suddenly dipped her head into a bow — a traditional Jedi greeting she had learned from her mother, and just had to imitate. Vera then hopped over to her mother's side and reached up to take her hand, while the conversation continued.

"It's challenging sometimes, but..." she glanced down at her daughter, "I wouldn't change it for anything. My little star here is just the best, hmm?" She looked at Vera and grinned. Finally, Valery glanced down at Bee as well and gestured for him to get a little closer.

"I think I'm going to take these two, grab some hot chocolate and go for a walk. Maybe a little Life Day shopping along the way back home?"

Vera bounced up at the idea and turned to Bee. "I want to get you a gift, Bee."

Valery chuckled and beamed a smile to both Auteme and Kara, "I hope you both have an amazing Life Day, and I'm sure we'll see each other again soon."

nocolour.png

download_2.gif

“Uhh,” Cordé drawled her sounds out to match the dumbfoundedness she felt.

“That was uuhhUneXpectedly poetic.” She looked back at the dimmed screen, and then at the chrono on the bar just above the message in her inbox. It was getting pretty late and patrons were starting to murmur about leaving to join the lighting of the tree. “Or pretty close to it anyway.”Soon, the entire square outside would be aglow with multicoloured twinkles.

"So if ya need to go see a boooooooooooy,

It was that instant Cordé solved the mystery of her cheeks' warmth and colour. It was not the drink, it had been the something else.

Her flush was brushed off with a flinch and swat at Verin when she was elbowed. “Idon’tneedtoseeaboy.” She said quickly, maybe too quickly. The words just rushed out in a tumbling whoosh. Briskness was betrayal.

“It’s more a work thing.” That was the lie she told herself and Verin. She could back it up if she needed to, attribute it to the continuum of Mission Vide; one of the responsibilities Task Force Null was charged with. The observation of Seraphs.

Despite her denial only a few seconds ago, Cordé smiled at her co-worker’s casual threat? Warning? Warning. It sounded more like a warning.

But winter was cold without any warm memories. The anticipation was a tightness in her cheeks and her hands as she touched through the screen to create a new outgoing message to the number listed under WORMDER BOY.

There was always the awkward possibility that despite the thrill of happenstance, serendipity and providence, WORMDER BOY could not respond. It was Life Day afterall, and she’d already received a quarter of a miracle. How blessed could a dictator’s daughter be? And how alone could someone else be to just..give in on Life Day?

“Oh, never you worry.” Still in a haze of tipsy jubilance, Cordé reached across and squeezed Verin’s bicep, and took another puff of her cigarra to soothe. “Nobody could be prettier than you tonight.”

Her screen lit up and she brightened with it.

“Opportunity calls.” She pecked Verin’s cheek goodbye, paired with a buzzily lopsided squeeze-hug. Before she turned to go, she pulled out a chunky chip and left it where her beer glass had been. “Here’s for mine, and your next — two or three. Merry Life Day, V.

Watch out for Jawline. He might come back looking for a Life Day miracle.”
And when she slid from her barseat to the floor, her feet felt softer than they should have. And her cheeks were definitely warm.

Outside, the sky was nigh navy and sprinkles of snow floated through the sky. The ground was cold and white, and Cordé left footprints as she navigated to the location her shipping notification had promised.

Last edited:
Could Mercy feel it? The graveyard of what had been, all that power she’d had, deep in her bones where a thousand tries to revive had gone and died? It was black, heavy-set, and murmuring to open itself up again, buzzing bright and gold and shimmering to life once more.

We can have anything we want... as long as we are not afraid to take it.

Scorching hot, each syllable burned against her psyche and turned all other thoughts to ash. The warmth prickled her senses to new heights, and wild-eyed in the cantina, Maijan gave into this illusion of darkness’ luminance.

All her life, Maijan had been by self preservation and short-sighted and hedonistic ambition. But all that wrapped around her, heavy, dark and velvety, was delicious, heaving and holy. Greed eclipsed her entirely. The Sith felt like a live wire, thrumming with power, unaware of the effect she was having on her. A white-hot nebula that set aflame the foundations of desire that had been milked dry by the SIA and piracy. It was more than rekindled, or reawakened — it was something else entirely.

And Maijan held on to the potency of avarice as though it were a vaccine against something else.

Suddenly, the eclipse folded away, and the light slowly rose within once more. There was a coolness now, where there had been warmth. The burn turned to something chillier and more stinging.

She sighed, oozing into the feeling of abundant complexity and reveled in the glory of desire. After a few silent moments of appreciation, ignoring the disturbance she’d caused at the Sabacc table, she opened her eyes and grinned toothily at the beast of a woman.

“I know where to starrrt.”

Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo

"Well, if that's work, then I want a slice of yar career..." She drawled but gave Cordé a quick hug all the same. Now if there was ANY portion of her grumpy about the abandonment (only fractionally, promise) then the free drinks made that evaporate. Verin grinned quickly and nodded. "Yar a gift from the ether, babe, enjoyyyyy."

Yeah, because no matter what thing Cordé was spinnnig?

That was CERTAINLY not a work flush on her cheeks.

She already ordered herself another ale. In the meantime her eyes started scanning the crowd. Was there anyone worth dancing with in this particular dive-bar?

Maybe Jawline hadn't looked that bad.

When Cordé looked at her comms for shipping notifications? She'd be surprised to find a new notification along with it. This one was from a certain Jedi Padawan.

It was anyone's guess how he found her connecting number.

But there it was. Blinking. On and off. If she opened it up, it was a short message congratulating her with Life Day and hoping Cordé was having a nice night full of cheer. It also had a cute gif attached to it of some fluffy animated animals forming a heart. It was... honestly, it was enough to almost throw up, if you asked Verin.

Luckily nobody asked Verin.

Because Verin was currently getting even more sloshed while conquering the dance floor.

nocolour.png

download_2.gif

ROCKIN' ROUND THE LIFE DAY TREE
CORUSCANT | NEW JEDI ORDER TEMPLE
Jem Fossk Jem Fossk
fJUsRcQ.png
Stories from Denon's yesteryear brought a small smile to Ishida's face. She hid it behind the mouth of her mug, and took another sip of cocoa. It was pleasant to reflect on the dynamics of master and student, no matter how much disfavour Ishida had with Dagon's approach. The impact remained clear, and Jem's skin seemed to shimmer even when it was a passive reflection.

"You think your brother will be here?"

All that had loosened and relaxed with the joy and casualness of the evening coiled up and tightened again. The last time she'd seen her brother, she'd been a bit combative. And last Life Day had been awkward.

"Maybe." She shrugged, offering little because she knew little. But then, because Jem had been genuine, Ishida tried to be genuine. "I hope he will be, for Master Sarratt's sake."

She set her mug down.

"Let's not mention family today, okay?" Even if it was one of the tightest trauma bonds the girls shared. "Maybe we can try to make a new tradition or something. These sweaters are a start and.." she looked about the room "..and look, we can go light those candles and contribute to the tree. A little more permanence that we were here and trying something new."

Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina

Jem chewed around the cookie, eyeing Ishida as she did. Candle lighting, unfashionable sweaters? Something was clearly up. She debated pressing it, like Valery would have pressed her, but found the concept hard to execute. Was she trying to be her friends master here?

That wasn't what Ishida needed her to be.

"Fine," she finally said, letting it all go with a final swallow of the cookie. Jem looped her arm through Ishida's and yanked her forward, squeezing with punishing forward.

"But next time, the sweater's a no."

And with that vow uttered, the pressure let up. Jem let Ishida guide her to the tree.

UAsQNwb.png

New_GA1.png

THE WARDEN
WHERE AM I
div-hohohokay.png

The chuckle was mutual. Imagining a negotiation for gameplay between two of The Alliance's most influential persons, outside of politics, seemed like something that could only be achievable with a festive spirit.

"Any day but Life Day, Supreme Commander." That was a bit of a mouthful. Commander would have been simpler, but that was too many ranks below the fellow across from him. Maybe Ess Cee Wyse.

That was too friendly.

Perhaps..Saint...

"Yes, you could be right." He hmm'd, stretching his senses out beyond their perimeter. There was a sense of focused hope attached to mystery, and the threads of the unknown were wearing thinner. The game was about to draw to a conclusion, he could feel it.

"You know, I've heard it said that Saint Varobalder's more a state of mind than a single person." He stretched his arm down his front, as if to model the bright-red suit as an offering. "The spirit of the Jedi's life day could be anyone that looks like him."

"An unexpected outcome to the game."
He frowned in thought, and tapped his chin. "Although, that could be cruel.." and left the inconclusive assessment to hang between them, ready for validation or denial.

CURRENTLY | Thaddeus Wyse Thaddeus Wyse

SOON I SWEAR I JUST WANNA TRY THIS PARENT TRAP MOVE BUT THAT WAS A GREAT ROLL STAY TUNED | Thelma Goth Thelma Goth | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom