Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission [GA] Rebellion of Lohopa II

banner_2_edited.png

Objective 3: Rescue the Hostages
Tags: Team Marine - Lt. Bren Alazar Lt. Bren Alazar | Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek | Vitiion Daivik Vitiion Daivik
Team Jedi - Makko Vyres Makko Vyres | Colette Colette

The K’paur hummed in agreement with his fellow marine about casualties. “It’ll depend on what kind of people we’re dealing with. There’s a stark difference between trained professionals, and a group of civvies that took several leaps of logic.

Again, it reminded him of the mission with Maeve. Where a corrupt General had taken hostages in order to try and leverage the government to hand him the city. He had his own little personal army at his beck and call, leading to inevitable bloodshed.

On the other hand, if these were just a group of armed civilians, then that could lead to a whole other kind of dangerous situation.

Either way, they were going to need to be careful how they went about this mission. But as Vitiion had pointed out, no matter how this mission went, it was going to be nigh impossible to come out of it squeaky clean.

Alexander reached down, grabbing one of the bandoliers Bren had deposited. Having some flashbangs on hand were going to be handy, especially once they had gotten to the hostages’ location.

Before we head in, what do we know about the extremists? Any intel on their capabilities? Have they made demands?” He could’ve listed off more, but the K’paur figured he got his point across. They needed to go into this with as much information as possible.

Banner_1_edited.png

Objective II: Let's Start a Riot
Tags: Amani Serys Amani Serys Denn Verdan Denn Verdan

"You're Heavenshield. The little Heavenshield. I was a Silver once too. It's good to see a friendly face behind that mask."

It was not until this mention that Thirdas allowed his guard to falter and the stoic facade forced upon him after half a lifetime of bitter, bloody war to be chipped away. His expressionless face succumbed to the man he used to be before the Bryn War had stripped him of joy. He should have taken offence at her remark of being little, but all it did was remind him of his father. He shared in her smirk, the corner of his lips twitching to life.

Perhaps he was just glad to encounter another soul, other than his teammates, who might know of the horrors he'd witnessed.

"You have me at a disadvantage," he confessed, the light of the hospital fixtures revealing a scratched-out insignia upon his mechanical arm. "My battle brothers and I forsook our given names when we left the Rangers to protect our families. We've all made our share of enemies who would love to hunt down a few renegades, or worse - hurt those we love for information."

He set down his helmet at the receptionist's counter, resting a hand on it as if to calm that other aspect of himself. The Soldier, ever professional and calculating - traits passed down from his mother.

"You may call me Thirdas," he retracted his previous introduction in favour of a far more personal one. "Son of Thurion and Coci. Son of Midvinter..." he caught his distorted reflection in the visor of his helmet as he was suddenly hit with the longing for his homeworld.

"Well then, Chief Ironside. It is clear you have greater strategic and tactical training than I do, and Master Serys seems to trust you. Tell me where I am needed, and you'll have me there. I will follow your orders."

Thirdas was returned to more pressing matters, turning to the pair of Jedi with a sharp nod. He placed a hand on Verdan's shoulder in an attempt to offer his apology for his terseness earlier. The shouting outside was growing louder. He waved Gaunt over, his lead scout, who provided them with a holographic map of the building. Thirdas slotted the data card into a stationary holo-projector, bringing up the map for all to see.

"My guys are doing what they can to shore up our defences but it will not be enough to stop them from entering. Rioters are lazy and ill-equipped and will look for the easiest way in so we can rule out the front door. We can expect bricks through the windows at any moment. Now, seeing as we can't use deadly force to suppress them," he looked over at the Jedi, reaffirming what they'd told him before, "our best bet is to pick a spot and hunker down, denying them access. We bring all the patients and personnel to this wing," he pointed, highlighting the area, "and barricade ourselves in with as much medicine and equipment we can get our hands on."

The hologram suddenly flickered and then switched off, along with the rest of the facility. The entire hospital went dark for a second until the emergency generator kicked in. Thirdas picked his helmet back up.

"The rioters can have the rest of the building, but they will not harm these people. Not on our watch."

Putting his helmet on, Ironside reentered the conversation.
"May the Force be with us."

Makko Vyres Makko Vyres

"I feel like I ate a deviled egg that'd been left in the open for way too long." Colette groaned to Makko's question before he started to gear her up. "And then, for some reason, I ate another."

Wearing armor was a weird kind of feeling. The weight didn't feel natural but it also didn't feel unnatural. The piece felt perhaps a bit tailored towards someone else, but that was most likely because it wasn't a perfect fit for the girl.

"I think it's a mental thing." Colette said and swallowed hard. "The nausea, I mean. Grew up on the ground, that's where people belong."

Deep breaths.

"So, civilians with guns or trained men?" She asked rather bluntly. "I don't know which opponent would be worse."

Sycorax blinked drooping eyes. She expected this to be entertaining, but they had completely lost her. None of her fellow Senators, apart from Alicio, seemed to have a clue. Which was typical of the Federal Assembly, but still. It wasn't as satisfying a failure as she had hoped.

With a sigh, she tore open a bag of popcorn and commenced snacking.

Banner_1_edited.png

Lohopa II
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Blasters | Lightsabers
Tag: BB-610 BB-610 Loomi Loomi Nir Si Nir Si

"That's why I brought you all along," Valery said in response to Bee's concerns. "These kids need protection while we bring them out, and that's why I jumped on this. But they also need the right approach and some comfort. I think our little group is ideal for it," Valery said with a soft smile, while the shuttle was coming down to land. Bee and Loomi were gentle souls, and any kid was going to love having them around.

Valery had her own love for kids, but at a first glance especially, she could look a little scary.

"Only if you plan on flying around while you play the music," Valery then told Nir Si Nir Si after he offered his idea. "We can't have the music draw rioters towards the kids. That said, you would be on your own if you did that." Which was potentially quite dangerous if the rioters came after him.

The shuttle then touched down, and Valery opened up the ramp to let them all step outside. "Bee, Loomi? I think it's best if they see you two first. I'll be right behind you."

She hadn't gotten through to the man behind the mask. He didn't know her, but the shared history was enough to find a sense of camaraderie tonight. "Call me Amani," The healer introduced herself properly this time, "I was a friend of Kyra, and a classmate of Nida." Names she knew he would recognize, and would provide another connection.

"Been a long time since I've seen an Antarian Ranger," She commented, noting the scuffed insignia on his arm, "Former or otherwise, it's good to see there's some still out there." Amani dipped her head in greeting, "Pleasure to meet you, Thirdas." To her it was odd they hadn't properly gotten to know each other before, given their connections. She had even been to Midvinter before with the Jedi, but Thirdas and her were never face to face. Strange that it would take this to suddenly bring them together.

The mingling was put on hold however, as commotions outside grew louder. An unpleasant reminder of the circumstance. Thirdas gave the rundown, suggesting they round up everyone into a single wing for easier defensibility, "Should they get through, they'll have everything right where they want it," A potential risk in this plan, but the look on her face said that won't happen. "If we're lucky, they'll realize the fight isn't worth it," A deprecating smirk came and went across her lips, "If we're lucky."

The lights shutting off made her heart skip a beat. There was obviously a backup generator, but if they lost that too somehow, it would be a big problem. Amani nodded, "I'll spread the message to the staff and patients, and start getting people moving. May the Force be with us." She ran off to warn anyone she could find. Meanwhile, the shouting from outside was almost right on top of them.

OBJECTIVE II
Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor

[This is Vanagor, I'm on my way!]

Cora let out a slow, controlled exhale. With the doors barricaded and the Jedi Knight on his way, she focused on keeping the sheltered civilians calm. At the same time, her senses were extended outward, honing in on the rioters as they tried to beat down the door – she hoped that they would become bored and leave, but the young Jedi was prepared to de-escalate the situation if needed.

The sound wind rushing against the walls surrounded them, heaving as if a giant were taking a massive breath. Finally, after a great gust, the jostling of the door stopped.

[I have backed the rioters from the door, so you are safe for the moment. Stay vigilant though as they are now focused on me.]

"Help is here." Cora looked to the civilians, keeping her voice low. "Wait for his signal-"

A window shattered at the wall that faced a side street, broken by a bottle. The Padawan turned sharply, her eyes catching the flame of an improvised wick that had been stuffed into the top of the container, and she threw her hand out in an instinct.

The bottle stopped suddenly, hovering in place as an invisible hand wrapped around it. A second later, it was gently lowered to the ground and extinguished with the help of a nearby spigot.

<"Someone just threw a homemade explosive in from one of the side windows."> Tapping into the comm, Cora pressed her back against the wall next to the window to see if she could spy whoever had attempted to burn down the building. It would have been catastrophic if that thing had hit the floor, especially given how much alcohol was in that one room.

"Get away from the windows." She urged, shooing those civilians who hadn't moved on their own over to the far wall.

Outside, Vanagor's manipulation of the air around them had sent the rioters sprawling. There was a noticeable pause as they clambered upward, startled but largely unharmed.

"Get lost, Jedi!" One snarled. "We know you Alliance dogs don't care about Lohopa. Or anything that's not your precious Coruscant!"

A murmur of agreement swept through the crowd, gaining momentum. From somewhere within the flock of agitated civilians, another bottle flew towards Connel.

8Gns9Qo.png

zKmrPif.png

DEFENDING THE HOSPITAL
Denn hesitated only momentarily to consider what he'd been instructed to do. As his Master had noted, collecting all of the patients into one wing would make them an easier target. But as Ironside had said, it would also make them much easier to defend. Since they couldn't control the entire hospital, it made sense to focus on a single wing. There, they might have some hope for success.

They could only hope that the rioters didn't set the whole building on fire. Or if they did, that the fire-prevention systems in the hospital would work.

Wasting no more time on thought, he went into action.

Racing down the hall, he joined up with the other medical staff who were moving patients and any associated life-support mechanisms. In the end, he mostly ended up pushing stretchers for the doctors and nurses. That was fine. He was a healer, and a Jedi, but he was not vain. In the end, he was a servant of the Force. The Force was life. And saving life was the most important duty he would ever perform... even if only by muscling stretchers down the hall.

But before long, he was needed in another capacity.

Some of the rioters got ahold of a speeder, rammed it into the glass doors at the Hospital emergency room, and then rerversed the speeder to make way for the oncoming hordes.

The emergency room was not far from where they were now.

Dann stepped up beside Master Serys.

"The patients are moved, and none too soon, I see."

His hand dropped to the lightsaber at his hip... but he did not draw it, yet.

CV9rHnV.png

Amani Serys Amani Serys Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield

Banner_1_edited.png

Lohopa II
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble , BB-610 BB-610 , Nir Si Nir Si

Loomi_divider.png

"Bee, Loomi? I think it's best if they see you two first. I'll be right behind you."

"O-okay," Loomi nodded. "I'll do my best."

It was a lot of pressure, but they would be okay, right? All they had to do was get in there and get the children somewhere safe while the rioting was quelled. It seemed simple enough. Loomi couldn't help but feel worried, however. Was she really the best person to go in there? After all, she had a rather nasty scar on her face. It could scare the children.

"All scarred up, and you want to help me? You can't even help yourself. What good are your 'Jedi mind tricks' when you can't even fix your own face? Maybe you should start with that before offering help to others."

Loomi hadn't been able to stop thinking about those words. They were said by a cruel, heartless girl to her, but she couldn't help but think about them. It didn't matter how much kindness had been shown to her by the Jedi. Someone out there still looked at her and saw some kind of freak. She wanted to help these children, but what if they thought the same? She'd surely do more harm then good. Maybe she simply wasn't cut out for this kind of stuff.

No.

People were in danger. The Godoan pushed the negative thoughts to the back of her mind, swelling with determination. Freak or not, lives were at stake, innocent people who were at the whims of those around them. If anything, they deserved to make it home. Loomi took a deep breath...

And stepped off their transport.

Banner_1_edited.png

Objective II: Let's Start a Riot
Tags: Amani Serys Amani Serys Denn Verdan Denn Verdan

"Call me Amani, I was a friend of Kyra, and a classmate of Nida. Been a long time since I've seen an Antarian Ranger. Former or otherwise, it's good to see there's some still out there. Pleasure to meet you, Thirdas."

Thirdas was struck in the chest by those names. Even as he readied himself for what was to come, questions wanted to burst out of him. Questions about Kyra. About Nida. All he had time for was a brief nod, once more hidden behind cold, uncaring steel. At least now she knew the face behind it. Questions would have to wait.

As Amani and Verdan rushed off to get the patients moved and explain the plan to the personnel, Thirdas hailed his Ironsides. "We're out of time. Stop what you're doing, grab a nurse or a doctor, and start hoarding any medicine and medical equipment and bring them to the north wing. Gaunt and I will secure the backup generator. Regroup in the north wing in five. Chief, out."

"Generator's up top, Chief," the master pathfinder informed him. "Copy." Rather than taking the stairs, Thirdas and Gaunt moved over to the plaza-like cafeteria, took aim at the second-floor balcony, and fired grappling hooks which pulled them up with great velocity. Within seconds they'd set foot on the second floor. He winced at the sight of parallel bars, massage tables, and other equipment dedicated to muscle and gait therapy. The months he'd spent learning to control his cybernetic prosthetics was a painful memory. How useless he'd felt back then.

At least he'd had Nida to lean on. She never gave up on him, her cripple of a boyfriend.

"Come on, Chief," Gaunt, ever helmetless, placed a hand on his non-metallic shoulder. Every member of the Ironsides had suffered wounds warranting therapy in some fashion, though none to the extent of Ironside himself. They knew what it was like.

Finding the backup generator, they quickly welded the heavy utility door shut from the outside, finishing just as a loud crashing noise came from below. "Emergency room's been breached, Chief," Creed's gravelly voice crackled over comms. "We're all set down here, just waiting on you."

Tapping the steel door with his phrik fist, he and Gaunt ran back and repelled down the way they'd come before rushing over towards the north wing entrance where the others had taken position. "Iron Within," Thirdas shouted before rounding the corner. "Iron Without," a voice responded, letting them know they were friendly.

"Generator room's secured," he informed Amani and Verdan as he took one last look around before entering the wing, making sure he was the last to do so before the doors were closed shut and locked from the inside.

The wing was remarkedly quiet given how filled to the brim with patients it was. Nurses worked overtime trying to calm confused residents, many of whom were old and feeble and didn't understand, while doctors comprised long lists of what medicine was needed where. It put an enormous strain on the staff, but at least everyone was together. Everyone was safe, for now.

Thirdas stepped over to the nearest bed to discover the boy he'd brought in was awake and being treated for his wounds, his baby sister sitting in bed with him playing. He stood by the foot of the bed and removed his helmet, placing it by the boy's feet. When they looked up at him with those hopeful smiles, he smiled back.

It was a forced smile.

"I pray this was the right course of action," he muttered within earshot of the two Jedi, his own people having taken up sentry duty by likely points of entry. The muffled sound of windows being smashed in caused a hush to fall over the room.

The little girl reached to grasp one of his metal fingers. She was scared. They were all scared.

We will either find a way, or make one.
I learned from my mother and father, but I am not them!
jedi_master_male___concept_design_by_ron_faure_dao0fwq-414w-2x.jpg

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
SECTOR: Lohopa
MISSION: Obj 2
TAGS: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania
Banner_1_edited.png

[Acknowledged.] Tapping his comm-link, Connell began to pay more attention to those around him when he began to hear the jabs and the barbs of the rioters. He was not sure how to approach the situation, those holed up in the Public had to come out… wait… that’s it…

~Wait for my signal.~ Reaching out to speak to Cora through the Force now that he could focus on her aura through the Force he spoke. Then he stopped, turned his attention to everyone else and waited.

Keep going. Tell me everything.

“Oh, here we go!” Barked another of those attackers, the cocktail in his hand not yet ignited. “Condescending Jedi time, here we get chastised.”

Connell just shook his head in disagreement. No, not at all. I would rather you be angry at an yell at me than hurt your own people and infrastructure.

He was now getting peppered with barbs and insults, he didn't mind, what he did not like was the rocks thrown at him. However Connell just sat there and took it all. He did his best to mask the pain of the stones, but many of them hurt. “Just go home, Jedi. Coruscant wants you! We don't!”

Connell was rubbing his chin, buckled over a bit from the direct chin shot but that stood him up.

I’m from Alderaan. “Home” is there for me. If you’re so scared about being protected?

~Bring them out now…~

Why hurt your own people? Why destroy your own? Look, I get it. You're scared, afraid for your welfare, but if Jedi didn't care, we would not be here. Give Democracy a chance, if you want new leadership, make your voice heard… the right way. Not this… this isn’t it.

“What do you know? You can leave! We have to live here!” One of the louder voices rang out, but Connell just threw out his hands.

EXACTLY. We don’t even have to be here, but we are. We are here for you. The people of the Alliance, they are here for you. You are hurting yourselves. Don't take my word for it.

He pointed out those coming out of the back of the Public.

Getting into the bar and rescuing Cora and everyone else.

Jace colis

J

i4xNFo5.png

image0.png

Banner_3_edited.png

Tag: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Corrine de Montaigne Corrine de Montaigne Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux Casteban Mecetti Casteban Mecetti
image0.png

Jace had spoken up prematurely a fact he realized little to late and made himself look the part of the fool as he sat there thinking. All this boistering all the speeches of unity and honor and surprise attacks Jace hated politics and never understood the finesse of it if politicians should speak it should be plainly. To the point he looked towards senator Und'a Ka'ar Und'a Ka'ar thinking about if he was in the same situation on the border of the alliance after said alliance had just suffered a hard fought loss like this. Speeches and grandiose promises wouldn't mean bantha poo he stood up senator und'a ka'ar what would the galactic alliance need to do to regain your trust...more importantly your people's trust and keep you all as part of it he asked plainly not as a politician or someone with something to gain. But as someone who wanted was what best for all people involved. He had dropped all pretence of formality they where at war whatever und'a answered with if it was within reason Jace would help him get it if it wasn't he would leave it was that simple he took his senatorial seat because the people of his planet voted him in it didn't mean he had to sit here and watch the senate bicker and give speeches unless there where clear goals.
image0.png

IAAjWMe.png

Casteban frowned at the Senator of this world, then nodded when he heard Jace speak.

Being from Obulette, and enjoying the nobility of the Tapani sector, he was accustomed to putting on a show for the masses. But he was equally accustomed to speaking somewhat more plainly when discussing matters with his peers. Politics where he was from was to be found in the horse-trading, and the other party in this exchange hadn't offered a product or named a price.

The obtuseness of the Lohapan Senator was irritating.

"I second Senator Colis' question.

You do not have interest in words. You have no ears for patriotic speeches or platitudes. Fair enough.

But then you also do not have interest in concrete actions- such as ships overhead, watching over you.

If you want to stand there and be offended at all of the Senators who have come here to help you settle your problems, that is your prerogative. But it won't get you whatever it is you actually want.

So I ask you for the second time: What do you want? Simply state it, in firm terms, so that it can be discussed.

And by love of the Force, don't ask for more promises that we will always be prepared, or that we will never again be surprised.

These people might bluster such nonsense. They may even believe it. But I will do you the respect of not making such spurious claims.

This is War.

We will surprise the enemy. The enemy will surprise us.

There will be casualties before it is over. Any of us, and all of us are at risk. We can try to mitigate that risk, but we will never be free of it. Not for as long as we stand up for our principles.

So, barring that, esteemed colleague... WHAT- DO- YOU- WANT?"

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa
Corrine de Montaigne Corrine de Montaigne
Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux
Jace colis

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

Banner_1_edited.png

LET'S START A RIOT

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: Lohopa II |
| TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble | Loomi Loomi | Nir Si Nir Si |

It seemed that both him and Loomi were nervous for one reason or another, with the droid staring up to watch as she fought her inner demons in an attempt to convince herself of her worth. Once again, it was a feeling all too familiar for him, understanding that those intrusive thoughts came from sources entirely unrelated to their mission; something had happened to Loomi. For now, the astromech held back his concerns, not wanting to pester and prod for personal information that he figured was none of his business.

That being said, he made a mental note to stick close to Loomi specifically, ensuring he help pick her spirits back up as efficiently as he could.

With the shuttle kissing the ground, Valery announced the official beginning of their mission. Ever the sidekick, BB-610 let Loomi take the lead, giving one last glance back to his team as he chirped a good luck! to Nir Si Nir Si before exiting the ramp alongside the Godoan and following closely behind her.

As expected, the sheer catastrophe of the city looked even worse up front. The heat was sweltering, fire stretching across streets, the overpowering smell of ash quickly increasing as fresh embers danced through suffocating airs. BB-610's determination was unwavering, advanced photoreceptors eyeing all possible angles as he rolled across the splintered road. The droid's sensors picked up on two silhouettes, partly hidden by plumes of smoke, and upon further analysis, discovered the struggling figures of two young children, a boy and a girl.

They had been trapped inside a landspeeder, currently banging their hands uselessly against the glass of its canopy, their screams all but muffled.

BB-610 squealed in alarm, bweeping frantically to alert his teammates to the children's position. The astromech's photoreceptors deemed the pathway safe, as he quickly took to speeding over to terrified kids, motors whirring.

GADividerBlue.png

Banner_3_edited.png

Lohopa II
Senate Meeting Room, Indisclosed Location
- Corrine de Montaigne Corrine de Montaigne - Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux - Casteban Mecetti Casteban Mecetti - Und'a Ka'ar Und'a Ka'ar - Jace colis -

Alicio could ignore Casteban Mecetti's first insulting speech to the Lohopan Senator. Chalk it up as his personality. But the second time he did it, building off of Senator Colis' genuine question, to escalate into even more insults and raised words, that the Count had to do something. While the Mecetti was still speaking, Alicio interposed himself between him and Und'a Ka'ar, staring directly at the nobleman. Waiting for him to finish, before letting his words strike out at the older man.

"You may think your bottom-line, hard-ass speeches are helping this negotiation, they are not. All you are doing is off-balancing and alienating the only person in this room that has a chance at reaching the people of Lohopa II." Alicio's stare was engulfed in grey flame. It was like Casteban were trying to sabotage diplomacy entirely. Alicio had dealt with that before, and this certainly felt a lot like it. "If that was your goal, you should not be here."

"I request that the interim senator from Obulette either recuse himself from this meeting, rethink his approach, or sit the hell down."

It was only then that Alicio addressed the question directed at him from Senator Ka'ar, taking a moment to flick his eyes towards Senator de Montaigne. "Nothing is certain in war. We've already heard that today. I will not stand here and give false assurances to your people for their votes."

"The only way to earn trust is to give trust. So I think we should tell them the truth. Why we're fighting the Mandalorians. What's at stake if we stop, if we run."

He paused, eagerly awaiting the answer to Jace's (and by association, Casteban's) question. What did Und'a think they wanted?

Last edited:

Every able-bodied person in the hospital got to work, Jedi, soldier, or otherwise. It was a beautiful display of cooperation and commitment to one's fellow man; Selflessly helping those who could not help themselves, a lending hand, or even just a kind word. All of it tainted by the threat of manufactured chaos that was thrust upon them. But in short order, the staff and patients had all been secured in the wing.

"Indeed," Amani muttered distractedly to Denn. Her focus was on the main corridor. It was the best defended route in, but also the easiest for the mob to swarm through. Hopefully their forces would be enough to stem the tide. The sound of shattering glass and stampeding rioters in the ER frightened several of the civilians. Amani gently tried to hush them, but it was overshadowed by the muffled sobs and whispers.

"I pray this was the right course of action."

Amani gave Thirdas a solemn look, and nodded. She sincerely hoped the same, but those worries were lingering in her thoughts as well. As if to assuage them, she slung her lightsaber pike off her shoulder and weighed it in her hands. She didn't plan to use it today, but it had function beyond dealing death. Amani ignited the blade and walked toward the double doors. She looked at the frame, then wedged her saber in between. Slowly she dragged it from top to bottom and around the edges, letting the heat effectively weld the doors shut. "Maybe that will slow them," She said hopefully. A more moment later, there was a loud bang against the doors from the other side. Then another.

8Gns9Qo.png

7T6Crlf.png

IN DEFENSE OF THE HOSPITAL

Denn watched as Master Serys used her force-pike to seal the doors by welding them shut.

It was a good tactic. A firmly welded door was not easy to overcome.

But there was doubt in his heart that any barrier would stop the surging crowds outside.

The rioters had become like a seething beast, a massive entity with many tentacles and a common taste for destruction. There was no reason here. No logic. A thousand people or more were outside, spreading through the halls as a seeking, searching, abomination of chaos.

They acted on pure emotion. Fear. Anger. Even elation at being freed from the constraints of orderly life, if just for a single evening.

Tomorrow they might think. Might regret their actions. Might weep for their madness.

But tonight, they had no minds. No introspection. They were, each of them, subordinate to the beast of the whole.

Thump!

Impacts upon the welded doors.

Thumpa-thumpa!

And then again.

Thump!

The doors held... but a silence followed.

It was eerie, considering that the mob must still be throbbing for destruction beyond the portal.

What were they doing, if not thumping upon these doors?

But then the answer came. Some heavy piece of hospital equipment on wheels had become a battering ram. Its weight, pushed by a dozen rioters, was formidable.

CRASH!

The doors dented visibly from the inside, where the Jedi, Ironside's people, and the patients were.

CRASH!

The frame of the doors bowed in.

One more hit should do it.

Denn took out his lightsaber and ignited it. Then he thumbed the field controls. An ionized energy field encased his blade, turning it into a non-lethal weapon. In this mode, it would work like a stun baton.

CRASH!

The frame and doors caved in. A large mediscanner was pulled back, making room for what must follow.

Then came the frothing, pouring mass.

Did they even know why they did what they did?

Did they even understand what they were doing?

Denn did not know.

The seething, roiling beast came forth like floodwaters over a failed dam, answering nothing- demanding everything.

Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield
Amani Serys Amani Serys

Banner_1_edited.png

Tag: Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn
Objective 2: let's start a riot

Ryana had joined sssar taszzns task force she wanted to help flying with the sector rangers ryana had her lightsaber strapped to her waist she hoped she wouldn't need it she had put in the crystal she was given to set it to stun. The sector rangers had given her smoke grenades for this mission as she looked into the crowd of rioters it was sad they had lost hope in the alliance but she wasn't one to talk she had her faith tested when her people became refugees so she understood completely she radio'd to sssar sssar I'm going to try and talk these people down firing on them even with stun rounds and throwing smoke grenades will only help grow their distrust of the alliance. she hopped out of the vehicle using flames to slow her descent onto a hover vehicle as she looked over the crowd in her Jedi robes she heard one of the rioters yell "get off our planet we don't want any of your kind here" as a rock was thrown at her ryana telekineticly. Moved it to where it flew harmlessly hitting the ground
your all frustrated I get it you feel like the galactic alliance failed and the new Jedi order failed you I know how you all feel I felt the same when my fellow twi'leks where turned into refugees i wanted to lash out I wantwd to fight the mandalorians by myself but we are all stronger together no single person or planet is stronger on their own if you stay with the alliance it will be hard but you won't stand alone as a people you will have others willing to help if things go wrong or your planet falls under attack.

Standing there as the rioters began talking amongst each other they laid down their weapons most of the crowd dispersed "we wanted to be heard" thean who yelled at her had said as he walked up to ryana who hopped down to be on level ground with him. "And I'm sorry for throwing that stone at you" he said she smiled your good no harm done she said standing there as she shook his hand before he walked away.

The first thump against the door startled the little girl, causing her to wrap her arms around his. Thirdas' head snapped towards the door, then swung around to seek contact with his fellow Ironsides. A couple of quick hand signals had everyone set their weapons to stun and group up by the door as more thumps followed in quick succession.

Before joining them, he had to reassure the terrified child clinging to him. He lifted her up only to tuck her into bed next to her brother, pulling the covers around them nice and tight. He then placed his helmet on their laps, symbolically giving them a piece of him to hold onto for protection. Stepping back, he then positioned a partition wall in between them so they wouldn't have to watch.

The Chief sidled up to Creed who handed him his rifle.

"Whatever comes through that door, none shall pass this bulwark of ours. Do not concern yourselves with warning shots. If they charge, drop them with impunity. Make every shot count."

Thumps turned into crashes as a makeshift battering ram was used to crack their defences. The doors buckled violently inwards with each smash until finally there was a breach and the heaving mass of rioters pushed through.

"BOUND BY IRON," roared Thirdas, answered by his men: "BOUND BY BLOOD!"

The first shots were fired into the crowd, taking many by surprise and causing them to hesitate to press on. Some, however, were not so easily discouraged. They charge instead, wielding crowbars and steel pipes. Some even carried cheap blasters, firing away thoughtlessly.

"Focus fire on anyone wielding a blaster," he shouted to his men before ramming the butt of his rifle into the face of a charging rioter, knocking him out. Stunned bodies already began to fill the doorway, causing those who came after to trip and clumsily manoeuvre around their fallen comrades.

A nurse screamed as a window to the side was smashed in with a chair, creating a second breach. While it only allowed for one person at a time to climb through, it was enough to threaten the formation the defenders had set up.

Thirdas broke formation, bull-rushing the man about to jump off the window sill and shoving back the way he'd come, creating even more chaos. He threw a punch at a second rioter attempting to climb through, breaking bones and shattering teeth.

"UNTO THE ANVIL OF WAR!"

Rock and Roll MotherFluffers

New_GA1.png

That was a no on the music then. Alright Nir, stick by Master Noble.

He rushed out, having to take a moment to shield himself as the heat overwhelmed him momentarily, but he soon heard the BB droid they had brought along beep furiously about two trapped kids. Nir had always been a lover of droids, being a former droid mechanic back on Cathar. So when he heard the binary calls for BB-610 BB-610 , he rushed over.

Seeing the two trapped in the speeder, Nir got to work without much thought. While he was always more a droid enthusiast, working on Cathar as a mechanic meant that he had experience with all kind of machinery, landspeeders included. A cursory glance later, Nir identified the locking mechanism. A flash of light filled the air as a small lockpick appeared into Nir's hand, the boy jamming it pretty violently into the slot, forcing the door to unlock.

"Everyone out!" He yelled as he ripped the door open probably with more force than would be required. This was his first real mission, and the adrenaline of that was probably getting to him.

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble BB-610 BB-610 Loomi Loomi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom