Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

force abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrina

Well I know how, I want my character to develop, and have rough idea what abilities I want. Though I don`t want any of them, if their considered op. So trying to avoid that know, by asking if their anything band from wookieepdia

There are some powers that are frowned upon, the super rare over powered ones.

Ultimately, we would like you to train with a knight or a master in whatever kind of powers you are looking to learn, and then specialize with a master who has "mastered" a specific power you may be looking to specialize in.

There are ways you can self train, but those require several threads and word counts can be pretty hefty.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"] may be able to provide more insight, as well as the Learning Center Forum we have on the Site. Some factions also have certain guidelines they would like their Force Users to follow. If you are already part of a faction, I'd suggest asking the Faction Admin there.

@[member="sabrina"] There is no real list of powers that you can use. Really to understand when you can use it is by the words they use in the submission. If they say something along the lines of "its a taxing/rare force power" then I don't use it. Because even the most strongest and powerful force users of the galaxies don't use those powers. Dark Vader, Example, had killed almost all of the Jedi in the years after the order 66 because he hunted them down personally. And guess what. He didn't have even half of the force powers that most of the other Jedi/Sith on this site. Really if you ask me, there are no Awesome and ultimate force powers. Its how you use them that creates the character.

If you ask me, don't use this really powerful abilities. Because it's just a way to make your character more god like. That is why I made this character Xander to have very little power and force potential, yet he has defeated two Knight rank force users, and many more apprentices. Create a character that people will remember, not one that is the closest to god status.

Matreya

@[member="sabrina"]
Zaiden, this characters real name, knows a kark load of usually off limits powers. Its not necessarily whats unavailable, rather how you play with them when you learn em. In the begining i was told that Force Cloak is generally one of the most abused abilities, but since i first began its uses everyone has seen that the fun of it all is my intent, a victory second.

Go ahead, learn Force Storm or Teleportation or Phase, just use them in a way you would find fun to go against.

Ie:
Phase. Instead of simply phasing through everything that comes towards someone, they could phase through one then dodge another.
Teleportation. Dont use this sort of thing in battle, unless with the greatest care. As said about my own Cloak, if i used teleportation it would most likely be in the form of an overly taxing dodge.
Etc

So yeah, pretty much any power is accepted. (Zaiden actually created a form, Umbrakinesis)

As most people have said, we don't have a list of 'acceptable' but generally speaking things like Force Storm are only used in super-rare circumstances. Phase is almost entirely unused on the board and Teleportation is a quick way to get under Tef's skin.

I would suggest learning none of those.

Stick with movie powers and you'll be far and away fine.

@[member="Kasamann"]

Phase, teleportation, and Force Storm are the kinds of powers that are very frowned upon-- and the masters that know them very very very rarely teach them to anyone. No one on this board knows teleportation. It's the best way to make someone's eyebrow start twitching.

So much, that several folk can testify Cira is by far the most experienced in Force Cloak as a Disciple of Twilight Master and Phase on this board... yet she has yet to use either powers on this board in any RP for the past year.

That goes to show how serious we take it. When I have been asked to -not- teach phase to anyone for any potential kind of godmodding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom