Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For a Brighter Future, Together | Midvinter Aftermath [Silver Jedi & Allies]

[member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Tyluko Dubykee"] [member="Nina Heavenshield"] [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Arisa Yune"]

As she finally stood she moved to see what jedi were present, she watched the grand masters leave and she simply looked around for anyone else. Now she needed to talk to somebody to avoid getting healing from her minor mostly wounds. Seeing Theodred she walked up toward him. "Surprised to see the Iron Empire here." She said quietly.

"Spread out and offer your assistance," Aster ordered the men of the Wolfsglaive, garbed in suits with the Iron Empire coat of arms embroidered on the left side of their chests upon arriving on the outskirts of Thainbroek where atrocities had been carried out.

"Understood," they replied, their calm composures disguising the anger and disgust they felt towards the monstrous Sith who had a penchant for death and destruction and dispersed to carry out their orders.

As Aster watched members of her personal enter Thainbroek and spread out, the young Baelor smiled a bittersweet smile. Though there was little she could do herself to assist the Silver Jedi, she was glad that she was at least able to contribute something to assist in the recovery in the wake of a Sith attack.

"Looks like you might not be able to remain just Aster Rose for long," Everly spoke with a tone of concern and frowned.

"A small price to pay to assist our friends in need," Aster replied, her tone sombre.

"Agreed," Everly crossed her arms. "Now then, shall we see if there is anyone that may be in need of our assistance?"

"Yes," Aster nodded and made her way towards Thainbroek with Everly following closely behind.

[member="Catherine Soja"] - [member="Coci Heavenshield"] - [member="Tyluko Dubykee"] - [member="Audren Sykes"] - [member="Sorel Crieff"] - [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] - [member="Arisa Yune"] - [member="Matsu Ike"]​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTr3SQtMoRE​

When his son eventually allowed his feelings to surface, Thurion lifted his head off Théo's shoulder to look up at him, observing his face as he asked for forgiveness. Then came his want for revenge against whoever had sold out Midvinter to the Sith, as any young person would - and rightly should - feel when they experience such tragedy. But revenge was not the Jedi way, and the Sith would sooner or later pay for their heinous crimes. All of them. But right now, all Thurion saw was a frightened and confused child. His child.

Sitting upright with his back against the stone wall, it was now his turn to wrap his arms around his son to cradle against his chest. "Oh no, no, no..." he comforted Théo, speaking softly past his ear. Suddenly his injury seemed to have completely vanished into thin air. He rested his bearded chin upon his head. "Look, Théo," he then said, gazing towards the square where the Dawnbringer still towered above them all, his head sitting at his feet. "Do you... do you remember the last thing grandpa told you before closing his eyes for the last time?"

He pulled away slightly to look his son in the eyes, hands cupping his cheeks. "He said, 'none of this is your fault'. I will echo his words now when I tell you, none of what happened here today can be blamed on you. Thus, there is nothing to forgive, you see?" Brushing away a stray lock of dark hair from Théo's forehead to behind his ear, Thurion smiled. "Théodred, you will always be my son, no matter what the future holds. I look at you and I still see the troublemaking kid who used to scare his mother and father to death with his foolhardy antics, and it always makes me smile." All the while he would lend Théo his strength through their connection, sending waves of calm like the gentlest breeze throughout his body.

Thurion then nodded towards the statue depicting their fallen family patriarch. "Would you like to say hello to him? Get some things off your chest?" Not really waiting for Théo to reply, he began the rather slow process of getting up on his feet, having been treated by Coci while also going against his doctor's advice. It was bound to happen eventually. "Come on," he said and offered his hand for his son to grab onto. As they left their post Thurion summoned his trusty sword to his side, and it was as if the blade had on its own accord rid itself of the blood and grime covering its otherwise pristine, polished steel. Once back in its sheath, father and son made for the centre of the city to speak with the one person who had all the answers, just as the clouds above began to part...

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

The soothing calm of his father's presence washed away the pain of the heart and his words bit like ice against the heat of the want for someone, anyone to pay for this. He knew his father was right of course, revenge was not the Jedi, but it was the Valkyri way and from his first breath Theo had fought the constant 'battle' between the two philosophies. If they were to be called that, both really where in the blood. But his desire for some sort of recompence would not be quelled so easily, he would find out who had brought them here in timem, he would.

"I remember his words clearly as if .. ", as if they had been spoken yesterday. And fate had a heavy hand in his not being here, both Thrand and his father were right. He would not push his father to give a name right now, nor would he ask his mother, she would not tell either knowing her son's heart.

"My antics were never foolhardy", he offered a smile against the mock indignation to his father as he helped him to his feet. "Although helping you up to wander about the place against mother's wishes, might be. You take the blame for this, this time". They would both soon make their way to the Dawnbringer but before so, Theo turned to see one of the Silver Jedi approach them both. He remember her from the talks back on Csilla when the Jedi came to visit the Emperor.

"Greetings Catherine, I am pleased to see you are alright", he offered her a bow of the head. "But I am not sure why you would be surprised the Iron Empire would be here. We are friends after all", and he knew Lady Baelor would be here somewhere offering any assists to be able to help. Besides, Theo was here not only as part of the Iron Empire, but more so because Midvinter is his home planet and the place on which he grew up. He had more right to be here then anyone.

"However if you would excuse us just for a moment, there is someone I need to see", he bowed once more before helping his father into the main square. On approach to the statue, Theo's brow pulled together once more, the gesture of the Sith in the case had not had the desired effect, it was only a statue at the end of the day and high in the sky was what they both really wanted to see.

"I do have plenty to get off my chest and much to tell him .. and you. But if you don't mind father, I would do so more in private but for now I just want to gain strength from the Sun", he smiled as his face turned to look into that of his fathers. "You should too".

After several moments of just standing there allowing the rays of the sun to wash over him, Theo turned around looking around as if looking for a ghost. The voice he heard akin to his grandfathers it was like Thrand was issuing orders once more but he knew that was not possible. Eventually he found the author of the voice, in the distance he could see his uncle, arms pointing this way and that as people of all manner approached him for direction. His old man, and his grumpy stoic uncle a combined blend of his grandpapa. And Theo smiled, a happy one for once.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Catherine Soja"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"]

Tide Bringer (Protector of Mon Cala)
Tyluko attempted to grasp what the Jedi Master was telling him, it seemed so pointless to him for the Sith to cause so much destruction and death just because of a grudge they had with the Heavenshields. As Tyluko ruminated on this topic while continuing to walk alongside Master Heavenshield his thought process was interrupted by the arrival of a Ranger who approached [member="Coci Heavenshield"] informing her of a small fishing village that had been attacked and burned during the Sith assault. Tyluko could sense the other Jedi's strong feelings begin to rise up, and he couldn't blame her for feeling angry about such an atrocity.

The Ranger spoke to them. "We have a shuttle prepped and ready with relief supplies already on board for any survivors. If you will follow me please." He said as he motioned for the two Jedi to follow him. The Ranger led them to a shuttle that already had its engines up and running as small flurries of snow billowed around from the force of the engines. The two Jedi responded to the Trooper with a bow as they then boarded the shuttle which soon proceeded to depart for the western village of Husavik.

The trip was rather silent, Tyluko did not know what to say to the other Jedi, it was obvious that this was all very disturbing to her. As they neared the village, Tyluko looked out a viewport and saw a modest little fishing community, not unlike some of the Dolphinarian villages back on Mon Cala in the days of his people. Though the peaceful community had been scarred by plumes of fire that continued to eat away at some of the remaining wooden structures, tools were scattered about and wooden fishing boats partially appeared above the icy waves, there hulls riddled with blaster fire. The sight brought tears to Tyluko's eyes.

As the ship settled down near the village, the shuttle door opened to reveal the sights, sounds and smells of destruction and death. It made Tyluko's tendrils recoil. As the two walked down the shuttle ramp and onto the snowy earth, the scale of destruction became evermore apparent. "I am sorry Master Heavenshield" Tyluko said in a very sorrowful tone. As they continued to walk towards the village, Tyluko could sense many eyes begin to gaze upon them, especially him. As he looked around into the eyes of the Valkyri around him he could sense a concoction of fear, curiosity, sorrow and anger.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Matsu could sense many more around while she was going over to look at it. She was uncertain about some parts of the city or looking around it. She could sense many of the other jedi who had arrived where she was looking and meeting with the others. They had brought medical supplies to go with everything they had here though. She didn't know everything but reports were coming into them as more relief would be able to work with the rangers and the jedi. She could sense Sorel was here, Coci, Thurion, others before clasping her hands and floating up to a higher point to look out upon the city itself. To see all of the damage that could be there and see what they would be abel to do for it to protect everything in the future.

The short trip by shuttle afforded Coci the time to sit quietly for the first time since the battle had ended. Too many thoughts running through her mind and all of which was regarding all the work that now needed to be done not just in resettling those that had lost so much, but mending those that are in pain from such loss. But there was no time to stop and rest, not yet anyway. However, these few moments gave her the time to contemplate what had happened and why. It was not about placing blame, that is a fruitless enterprise to undertake by anyone in situations like this, and counterproductive to the current needs of others. No matter the 'whys' and 'wherefores', it simply boiled down to the want of evil to print on the lives of others, to give itself a purpose for existance no matter who stood in its way.

Feeling the cold on her skin once more as she existed the shuttle, the sight before her as devastating as that of Thainbroek. If not more so since this place had been unprotected, and question of why formed in her mind. Why would they come here? This was no strong hold or any place that of political importance, it was an isolated fishing village and the death brought down on these Valkyri was nothing but pure murder.

The landing of the shuttle did not bring hope to the people standing looking at them with confusion and fear in their eyes. Before today, they had never seen the iron beasts that come from the skies until the Sith had landed, to them they could be more here to bring death. "Stay close", she whispered to Tyluko, before stepping forward to address them and before the Rangers would be given the order to move out and assist where possible.

"People of Husavik, I am Lady Coci Heavenshield, wife of Lord Thurion Heavenshield", she began using her Valkyri title rather then that of the Jedi which would meaning nothing to them. "Thainbroek was attacked this day by people that come from off world, they are the same that came here and cause such devastation to you and your families and your home. Know that the Valkyri stood proud and fearsome against this evil and that your capital still remains. The Valkyri will always prevail, an ancient people that have stood against such evil in the past stood strong and fought for their homeland and have enter the Halls of the Gods with honour and now sup with them at the Grand Tables and feast. To those of us that yet to have this honour, we stand together and we will rebuild Midvinter to its rightful glory. We will morrn the loss of those that we hold beloved in our hearts, we will drink to their lives and cry, but we will never forget".

She stepped forward once more, "These men and women beside me, have come to start the process of healing and rebuilding, we are here to help you all and mourn with you this day".

[member="Tyluko Dubykee"] (great post Tyluko)

Tyluko stood close to [member="Coci Heavenshield"] as she began to address the crowd of Valkyri, speaking of hope and uniting as one in the face of this tragedy. She spoke of the honor and the resolve possessed by the brave Valkyri warriors that had fought proudly against the Sith in the Capital. Tyluko smiled to himself as he could not help but be inspired himself from the other Jedi's words. Though as Tyluko looked around he could see that many of the Valkyri were still staring at him, their eyes filled with hesitation.

Tyluko felt the need to have his voice heard as well, as he stepped forward next to Master Heavenshield. He could feel more eyes fall upon him as he stepped forward. He took a deep breath and began to speak to the crowd.

"People of Husavik, I see your pain and I am here to help. I see the way you look upon me, your eyes are filled with doubt, with fear and maybe even anger. I do not blame you for feeling this way but I hope to change your mind, for I am here to help. Yes I am an offworlder and I do indeed look different from you but in reality we are not that different. I am made of flesh and blood just like you, I feel the nip of the frigid air against my skin and I hear the same ocean sounds that you hear. My people lived in fishing villages as well, relying on the sea to provide them with a purpose and the means to survive. I know of your pain for my people were also attacked by the Sith, but my people were wiped out leaving me as one of the last representatives. So I come forth before you today, my heart feeling for your sorrows, I stand by you as a brother, to help you rebuild and to mourn side by side with you."

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
As Sorel approached where she sensed Matsu was, the aura dimmed, which suggested her Master was moving away from her. Closing her eyes momentarily and switching to Force Sight, she looked to track her this way, but she was nowhere to be seen.

Confused, Sorel checked the vicinity again. Clearly Matsu was close by – but she could not sense her presence in any given direction.

Which is when Sorel looked up. She always forgot that her Master had the ability to levitate and so she was not entirely surprised when she saw her in the sky – looking down on proceedings. In hindsight, it was an ideal position to review the situation from.

Sorel waved at her Master, hoping to attract her attention. It was less risky than throwing a stone!

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Matsu turned to look at Sorel and bowed when she saw her. There was some information coming up on her datapad where she would be able to look around here. She was uncertain about all of it though as she stood there. "Ah sorry I was trying to make sure eveything was brought in properly for them." The jedi master waited for a moment before she was turning back to look at Sorel with a look on her face until they had given it a moment longer. "The attack here has been something work around, the defenses held here, the soldiers worked together with the locals and the rangers and the teams of beorni we have thanks to kiriko preformed better int he mountains. Once the data about this technology the sith used is analyzed we should be able to get more information."

Tyluko stepped forward to speak and Coci listened with great interest as he told of his past and what had happened to his people. She noticed in the crowd that had gathered, some took the words to heart while others still remained unsure but slowly their Valkyri unease for this new comers had started to wane. And the first person to approach them was a young boy no more then five years old. He came to Tyluko and tugged at his clothes. "Everything was red, they came with sticks that seemed to be on fire and cut everyone and everything", he told of what he had witnessed. "Can you help me find my mother?", he asked looking around into the crowd hoping to find her there.

An elder man approached Coci and began to tell her of the events, how the village had stood against them for some time before it was overrun and burned. Such devastation is diffcult for anyone to see or even to know where to begin to start the clean up, but first things first, they would have to locate all the displaced people, the children that have lost parents and make sure they are safe. Coci issued orders to the Rangers to begin the house to house search for any survives that need medical assistance, another group to gather the dead and help the Valkyri prepare for the funeral pyre.

Once everyone had a job to do, Coci would begin to set up a triage in the most stable building that remained standing and have those that requried more urgent assistance brought there and she would begin to heal them until someone more skilled then her would arrive. "Tyluko, do what you can for this little one, after that can you find fresh water for drinking and bring some to this building".
[member="Tyluko Dubykee"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Sorel would turn her hand to anything that was required to help – and she also saw value in playing to each Jedi’s strengths. Her Master was adept at the use of technology to identify opportunities and threats and also come up with solutions to capitalise and minimise them. She was also a great Jedi and Sorel considered herself very lucky that she had found her when she did – and she’d had the benefit of her tutelage and moral guidance.

But Sorel knew her limitations and when to lead and when to follow. “If there is something I can do to help, please just ask. I was focussed on setting up temporary accommodation, mess halls and medical facilities – and will return to that unless I can be better served helping you.”

Boots crunched softly against the snow as a muted chorus of muffled footsteps made their way towards Husavik. Joza had not been present for the attack, but learned of the Sith’s siege on a sleepy Midvinter village. Much of her time was spent at the other edge of the galaxy, supporting the Outer Rim and Alliance against aggressive First Order expansion. Tensions only continue to rise after Kaeshana and there were still messes to be cleaned up. With all of the major Sith powers having gone dark for a period, the attack on Midvinter made her stomach knot several times over. This signaled nothing good for the Jedi and their allies.

Hopefully her gut was just having a bad day.

“This place is cold.” One of the healers next to her managed to mumble out, voice obscured by her mask and the chilly air. “Like Csilla.”

The Heka Healers had seen action in the wake of Atrisia, Kaeshana and a slew of other disasters. Mostly women of Zeltron descent, they were combat medics trained to aid civilians in conflict zones and on hostile worlds. While Midvinter was not inherently dangerous provided you were properly suited to handle the climate and fend off wildlife, the group wasn’t sure what they would find. Considering it was a Sith attack, Joza wasn’t feeling positive. The Zeltron’s face was lined with exhaustion, stressed from motherhood and war.

Tapping the com at her wrist, Joza held it up towards her face to send a quick voice transmission to [member="Coci Heavenshield"] or [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]. She wasn’t sure if it would reach either of them, but she’d spent enough time previously with the Silver Jedi that her appearance wouldn’t be too much of a surprise.

“Masters Heavenshield, this is Joza Perl. I’m arriving into Husavik with healers and provisions including clothing and medical supplies. Please advise.”

She had a number of Durasuits on hand from her warehouse in Lianna, so at the very least they could help the survivors of the attack feel warm and dry.

As Tyluko set off to help the young boy and find fresh suitable drinking water, Coci went to locate the best building in which to house the injured and set up means to heal them. She found a strong stone home that had not succumbed to the fires, but still had the signs of the battle upon the outer walls. Inside there was no one to be found, the door left open no doubt left this way in haste but for now this home would do for what she required.

There was a fire alight in the hearth still, giving some light by which to see, and much needed warmth and quickly Coci threw on more wood to keep it ablaze. It was so quiet, she could not even hear what was happening outside and she took this moment to gather herself, a moment to draw energy from the force and prepare for what was to come. In this moment her comlink beeped making Coci almost jump out of her skin, answering it, it was a familar voice of Joza, bringing with her much needed aid and medical supplies.

"Master Perl, all assistance is much appreciated and it is good to hear your voice", a sense of relief would be heard through her words, "Come to my co-ordinates please, I have a location suitable for setting up triage at least for the more seriously injured". And now it was time to get to work and pushing up her sleeves, Coci began to move the furniture to make room.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"] | [member="Joza Perl"] | [member="Tyluko Dubykee"]
((OOC: Sorel, Thurion is going to come to Husavik in his next post, if you wish to join him))

As the two wandered the city streets hand-in-hand, Nina and her large, newfound friend attracted no small amount of attention from the locals. More so did the latter of the two figures, as few Valkyri had ever laid eyes one of the Beorni since their exile, countless thousands of years ago before any records were kept. Some would shy away in fear of the hulking beast, others would cast untrusting glances Arnor's way. Most, however, kneeled as they passed them by, lining the streets to pay respects to their saviours. These bearmen had broken the siege of Tháinbroek, seemingly sent by the gods themselves.

"They fear me. It is normal to fear the unknown," Arnor suddenly spoke within her mind, to which Nina looked up at him as they strode together. Her free hand settled upon his furry forearm, thick like a tree trunk. "They are grateful," she corrected him, and he looked down at her in return, his expression softening somewhat. "You saved them." He looked around him at the faces of the many men and women, and just as they reached the city centre where it was most crowded a whole throng of them turned to marvel upon the sight of the Beorni warrior. When it became virtually impossible to move any further without stepping on someone Arnor simply sat down right where he was, legs crossed and still a head taller than those surrounding him.

A few brave Valkyri approached him, adults and children alike, reaching out to touch his white fur as if to make certain he is real. Before him stood a little girl, small enough to fit in the palm of his hand, and she reached towards him with both arms. Arnor lowered his head until she could place her tiny hands upon his snout, and as she gave his nose a soft scratch he couldn't help but let out a sneeze. This only served to caused the small girl to giggle, and when she again reached for him Arnor very gently picked her up and placed her atop his wide shoulder, and immediately she held onto his ear for safety and nuzzled into his neck.

This was her home... kind of, when the fighting had been going on she had been in the valley away from it and seen a sith trying ti ignite the snow. The mountain of a warrior was walking with her axe and shield on her back. The silver watch cloak on as it looked like fur over the armor of her outfit where she was able to move. Her forehead painted and ready for a fight when she moved around allowing the force to guide her but being joined by some of the others who were out there in the snow and mountains. Away from the city itself before she moved around. Seeing some fo the others and the large walls where she was walking through the high gates with purpose to mostly help out. The wind kicked up her dreaded blonde hair as the crystals in the tips gleamed for all of them to look around.

As more people flocked around Arnor and kneeled before him to give thanks, Nina gazed over their heads towards the centre of the square. There was her uncle, the King, busy tending to his people and issuing orders left and right. She couldn't see mother anywhere, but as she laid eyes upon the figures of her father and brother, there was nothing stopping her now. She turned to Arnor and grinned at the little girl sat upon his shoulder. He offered her a nod, to which Nina bowed very Jedi-like before running off.

Rather than running straight up to them, she instead came at them from the right flank as they made for the statue of Thrand. Her approach was not as stealthy as she had anticipated, with her father suddenly turning to look at her. Rather than say anything, he simply grinned wide and gestured for her to continue her planned assault. Without hesitation she pounced her brother from the side, throwing her arms around his large frame and clinging to him for dear life. "Théo," she cried out telepathically, burying her face in his shoulder. She had not seen any of her family for over a year, least of all her beloved little brother.

As they pulled away from the embrace to look upon one another, Nina's fingers instantly found his long, dark locks and equally dark beard upon his cheek. "Snowflake," her father then spoke, and as she turned to look at him she noted his apparent injury, causing a slight frown on her face. But that did not stop her from throwing her slender arms around him as well, nuzzling into his chest. "Papa," she let out a soft yelp as a tear of joy ran down her cheek. She was truly home again. Thurion weathered the slight pain of her embrace, because holding her in his arms again proved the best medicine a father could ask for.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

Just as Théo was turning back to talk to his father, he was sideswiped by his sister Nina, she all but knocked the wind out of him. And her cry out to him through telepathy was louder then anything that could assault the ear drums, but he cared nothing for it instead throwing his arms around her and lifting her off the ground in a hug. "Nina, you look .. amazing", he told her to her mind as they pulled back from the embrace and her fingers played in his beard, just like she used to do with grandpapa and father. He could not help but smile as they both took in each others features, they had changed so much in recent years and Nina had grown into a beautiful woman.

It would not take long for her to pull father into the occasion and the three stood in each others arms for a while longer, before the situation would take hold of their thoughts once more. "Where have you been?", he asked her now with time to consider all the time passed, but of course she could ask the same of him. There would be time to tell her everything later and to catch up with family. He was caught between his desire to remain and be with them and helping out where he could and he did not doubt for one moment that neither Nina or father would wish for different.

He pulled her in for another hug and closed his eyes taking in the moment, "I have missed you. I love you Nina", he had had very little occasion to tell his sister and in times of such sorrow and loss, there was simply no better time to tell someone you love how you feel. From one moment to the next all could be taken from you and looking out over her shoulder as his chin rested there, the scene around him illustrated as much. In the distance, standing among the devastation, Théo could make out the figure of Sorel and he could not take his eyes off her.
[member="Nina Heavenshield"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Tyluko smiled down at the little Valkyri boy who had approached him, but felt sadness as he heard the child recount the tale of what had happened here. Master Coci had told him to do what he could for the little one, and to also find freshwater as well. He responded with a nod and a respectful bow as she departed to help the rest of the village. Tyluko once again looked down to the little boy and knelt down towards his height, "I apologize little one I have not had a chance to introduce myself, My name is Tyluko. What is it that they call you?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"My name is Thonro...is it true what you say? Are you truly here to help us?" The boy asked him with eyes full of innocence.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Tyluko smiled gently at the small child placing a hand upon the boy's shoulder "I am here to do what I can, you have been through quite an ordeal little one. I will do whatever I can to help. I promise."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The boy smiled at Tyluko, bringing a warm feeling to Tyluko's battle weary heart. "Will you help me find my mother?'[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"Of course Thonro, I'll tell you what while we look for your mother you can help me gather water for your people. How about it want to be a hero like the other Valkyri?" Tyluko asked with a bright smile on his face.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Thonro nodded at the Dolphinarian with a big smile across his face. Tyluko then stood up and was surprised when the small boy grabbed held on to his hand; Tyluko responded with a smile. He wanted to make sure to keep the boys spirits high and enthusiastic to distract him from the destruction around him, Tyluko could only hope that they could also find the boy's mother. And so Tyluko headed off into the village with the small Valkyri boy right by his side as they began to search.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Joza Perl] [/SIZE]

The appearance of his only daughter raised his spirits considerably, and when he held her close after so long apart he felt like never letting go ever again. Still, there would be a time for catching up between all four of them, as well as some very happy news to be announced to them. Now wasn't the time, however. Nina and Théo would be safe here in Tháinbroek amongst friends and family, as he felt the need to be at Coci's side over to the west where more atrocities had been committed in the name of the dying ways of the Sith.

There was a moment he had not anticipated, in which he noted Théo's apparent fascination with [member="Sorel Crieff"] standing off in the distance. He didn't think much of it, and with a touch of hand upon his son's shoulder he excused himself to go and speak with his brother, the King.

With the damage to the city under control thanks to the many helpful men and women of the Silver Jedi Order, High King Thyrian had just finished constructing a massive funeral pyre, even grander in size than that during their father's funeral. Not only warriors were amongst the dead this time, but also elderly and even children. As more bodies were found amongst the rubble, they were identified and added to the unlit pyre, giving the shaken and grief-strucken families time to say their goodbyes.

"Thyrian," he greeted him with a pat on the back before standing beside him to gaze upon the countless dead with disbelief. "It's worse than I feared..." His brother sighed heavily. "All these people died because I couldn't protect them," he spoke in somber tone. "I wasn't strong enough. Father, he would've--" he looked back towards the statue of the Dawnbringer already undergoing repairs, before being interrupted by Thurion. "You are not responsible for these deaths, brother. Cast your blame upon the Sith, where it belongs. Even father could not have done a better job at defending the city, he would not have known what to expect from such an attack. You did." In truth he was the one feeling guilty, having painted a target on his homeworld through his many actions against the Sith over the years.

"I'm heading to the west coast. Husavik was put to the torch while we were busy fighting, and there are reports of several minor skirmishes all over Midvinter. You will stay here, take care of the funeral arrangements?" Thyrian didn't reply, but instead offered him a solemn nod of his head. Thurion felt the heartache of his elder and wrapped his arms around him for a firm embrace. "Nina and Théo will remain here with you in Tháinbroek, to aid the relief efforts." The older brother didn't feel like letting go, but eventually did anyway despite his own wishes. "Take care for me, little brother? Please."

As he turned to leave the city he happened across Master Crieff, who seemed at a loss for where to begin. "Sorel," he greeted her, left hand resting upon the pommel of his sheathed sword. "There is need of able men and women over in Husavik, a small village off the coast. It got hit pretty hard during the attack. Would you care to accompany me there? We'll grab one of the shuttles parked outside the city." He didn't really wait for her reply, and proceeded to make for the city gates.

On the way he passed by the large figure of [member="Arnor Oathsworn"], seemingly entertaining a whole group of little ones who found it incredibly amusing to try and scale his backside and race each other to the top. The two locked gazes as Thurion passed him by and nod of respect and gratitude was exchanged in silence.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Tyluko Dubykee"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom