Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Arnor Oathkeeper

LACG6r7.png
General Information
Name: Arnor Oathkeeper
Birth Name: Arnor
Force Rank: Master
Titles:

• Winter's Wrath
  • The White Walker
  • The Great White Bear
  • Thane of Beornstead
  • Champion of the Holy City
  • The Oathsworn (formerly)
Species: Ursine
Race: Beorni
Planet of Birth: Midvinter
Height: 280 cm (9' 2")
Weight: 400 kg (882 lbs)
Eyes: Amber
Hair: Stark White
Complexion: Black
kOhDNbn.png
Force Sensitive:
Yes

Theme: J.R.R. Tolkien - Treebeard's Song
Relationships
Family:

Nina Heavenshield Nina Heavenshield : Soulmate
Mizar Mossbrow: Lifelong Friend

Deceased Relatives:
Arngeir of the Wind: Father
Rasha the Grey: Mother

Strengths & Weaknesses
Forward-thinking: Though it was not always so, Arnor has become an advocate of Beorni and Valkyri reunification.
Warrior Spirit: Unlike most Beorni, Arnor does not hesitate to solve problems with violence if the need calls for it.
Slow to Anger: While generally in a peaceful mood, it takes quite a lot of effort to truly draw his full ire. Don't.
Strength of Mountains: Like all Beorni, he possesses tremendous strength and stamina far greater than any Valkyri.

Stoic: His grim resolve to usher in a new age of prosperity for his people sometimes comes across as abrasive.
Lonely: Arnor was but a young cub when both his parents died and have never quite felt at home, until Snowflake.

Forgive, Never Forget: Ancient grudges are put aside in favour of cooperation and mutually beneficial alliances.
Basic in Basic: While he understands spoken Galactic Basic, his own use of the language is broken and stilted.

Winter's Wrath: Within all Beorni there is a repressed capacity for feral fury, and it can get the better of them.
Titan of War: In a fight, Arnor's great size and weight make him an easy target and susceptible to focused efforts.

Walking Carpet: Being covered from head to toe in fur comes with a particular vulnerability to fire.
Ignorant: Having spent his whole existence on remote Midvinter, Arnor knows next to nothing about the galaxy.

Last edited:
Arnor Oathkeeper
A Brief Introduction

Arnor, my dearest.

There is no amount or string of words capable of adequately capturing the deep and eternal love I hold for you, having spent much of my youth wandering the length and width of Midvinter with you as my sole companion and guardian. Together we explored lost tombs, discovered unsolved mysteries, unearthed old legends, and put into words our history. Stories long forgotten were finally told, shedding light on many events dating back to antiquity. All these successes I devote to you.

Together we faced any danger, weathered any storm, and conquered any fear. We partook in wars, always having each other's backs and always emerging the victors. We've come so far, you and I. As a little girl, I witnessed a white-clad giant amidst a sea of lesser giants. You were alone, representing your kind; the first to do so since time immemorial. I pitied the fearful looks you were given by people who did not understand. To this day, I recall the way your palm felt as I took you by the hand and brought you before the High King.

During our travels to follow, I watched how a century of hatred of Mankind began to wash away with each interaction. Here in my hand, I hold the very first notebook I kept from our first few adventures with the intention to leave these scribbles with you as you depart this realm. It reads:

"Arnor says little but speaks volumes with his actions. Today, we came across a village where the locals prepared a funeral for their late chieftain. We kept our distance out of respect, playing the part of witnesses to the solemn occasion. We watched as the honour guard placed their fallen leader inside the longboat laden with gifts and offerings to bring with him into the afterlife. The men then attempted to push the longboat out to sea but got stuck in the ice. I turned to Arnor, only to find him already down at the beach, using his hammer to strike the ice asunder. He then helped push the longboat until the current took hold. An arrow was fired, lighting the funeral pyre and sending the chieftain on his way. He never said a word, and I didn't ask. I already knew."

As a child, you think your heroes are invincible. Immortal. That there couldn't ever exist a world without them. And even though... Even though I've watched many great men - kings and heroes - pass into legend, nothing could have prepared me for this.

You were my soulmate; you were my rock, my pillar of strength, and my light in the dark. Without you, a piece of me is forever lost. Until we meet again, my beloved Arnie.

- Nina Heavenshield at Arnor's funeral service.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom