Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Fishing for Friends | RTL Dominion of Kabal

iEbeozl.png

Tags: Open

Ura walked calmly though the festivaties, keeping a close eye on both Ger'off and little Balru as the three walked through everything. Balru was happily looking at everything, while Ger'off was darting between water and land, playing. At the very least it would be a good time. It wasn't often anymore that she had just gotten out to enjoy something. Honestly, the beaches reminded her a bit of her homeworld. Yurb. The Lervon almost seemed to melt into it for a moment, not really sure what else she'd be doing today.

d7zwsVW.png

Kabal
div-orange.png
Outfit: Swimsuit
Tag: Elias Edo Elias Edo

"No pirates, or Sith, or cosmic monstrosities. Just the sea. And good company,"

"Don't jinx it," Valery said with a smirk, after she downed what remained of the water. "But you're right, it's a perfect day and I'm glad to be away from duty for a bit as well. With good company." She flashed a smirk, turned her gaze away to the ocean, and soon heard him ask the question that she was about to ask him. They could talk all day at the Temple whenever they wanted, but surfing wasn't something they could do very often.

So there was no more time left to waste - she wanted to hit the next wave.

"I thought you'd never ask." Valery grabbed her board, held it between her arm and body, and quickly moved off to the water. In no time, the Noble was flat on her stomach on the board, heading for what looked like the next big wave. She then began to rise, and followed along the currents.

Until she realized this wave was just a bit too big. It came crashing down, and despite the speed she built up, Valery was swept up in the wave, and went down under, making her disappear to whoever was looking her way.

RTL_Sig.png

iEbeozl.png
Corbin cast his line again. He could feel the presence of Elias Edo Elias Edo and Valery Noble Valery Noble surfing out beyond the fishing areas. They both seemed pretty decent at it. Corbin had never been surfing. Yumfla had rocky coasts, not sandy beaches. Still ,it looked like it might be fun to try some time. If he ever had time. There was still a lot to do. His company was ready to launch their mobile factory, so that would be done sometime this quarter. That would up production immensely, and they'd be able to start production of the line of starfighters they'd designed.

Corbin was drawn out of his thoughts by the line tugging again. Time to see what he'd caught this time. He battled with the fish, easing on the line, then reeling in as needed to wear down the fish. He finally succeeded in hauling in a massive fish with red and blue scales. Not the Legend, but still something.

Vera and Nathan walked the cobblestone streets of the coastal village they had landed her ship near. Vera's public appearance drew the eyes of many passersby, due to her sheer beauty. Nathan ignored the lusting stares he himself received.

The artificial vampire spotted an outdoor restaurant, with plenty of seats by the beach.

"Shall we?" she offered Nathan.

"We're being hunted..." Nathan replied tersely in annoyance, green eyes darting around, spotting one man and one woman in black trenchcoats following yet maintaining their distance.

"So? They aren't going to be stupid enough to try and gun us down in plain sight, or they would have already tried." Vera replied, taking a seat. "Besides, it shows we are more in control of the situation then they are."

"Does this happen to you often?" Nathan asked as he joined her.

Vera shrugged. "Lawyers do make enemies."

"Not like the way you seem to." Nathan noted.

"You'd be surprised." Vera replied, leaning back in her seat.

The pair waited for the Droid Waiter, both having spotted twelve different pursuers trying to mix in with various crowds across the street.

"So tell me, Nathan, after this...cult...is destroyed...what next?" Vera asked.

Nathan scowled. "Dunno. Disappear, maybe. So many in my profession never know when enough is enough."

"Disappear where?" Vera asked.

"I have a home on Epica. Nothing fancy. Maybe I'll go back to it. I'm not addicted to the violence. I never liked the violence." Nathan emphasized.

Vera eyed him. "Who are you trying to convince. Me? Or you?"

Nathan was silent.

Vera sighed.

"But could you really go back after putting an end to her? How will you live with yourself?"

"Why are you so interested?" Nathan asked.

Vera relaxed a little more in her seat.

"I was not always capable of caring for my family. I had to learn that. I had to learn to care, if only for a sense of self preservation...at least, at first. Perhaps your resolve to terminate your own progeny regardless of consequences I find as alien as you find my enjoyment of killing in general."

"Your Mother seemed to fashion you as a contradiction."

"It is perfectly natural to prioritize family, otherwise you wouldn't be so obsessed with avenging your wife." Vera replied as the waiter brought them both ice water. She took a sip.

"Julia isn't family after choosing The Cult. She's a turncoat. A vicious, callous butcher of adults and younglings, like her master was." Nathan snapped, more anger than he had wanted to display showing.

"But how will you live with yourself?" Vera asked. "How about I do it, when the time comes?"

Nathan narrowed his eyes in surprise, mouth falling ever so slightly open.

"Why would you offer that?"

Vera's head drooped slightly, her hand going to her personal bag that hid her pistol.

"I just don't like the thought of you having to do it." she answered. "So I offer to ease your burden."

"Vera, do you have children?" Nathan asked.

"No." Vera answered.

"Until you do...you will never understand my refusal of your admittedly generous offer." Nathan answered. "But for what it's worth...thank you for making it."

Vera took a sip.

"The offer stands. Don't turn your head. Three on your four o'clock. Two by the pawn shop. One by the street lamp."

"One on your eleven o'clock, by the emergency hydrant." Nathan replied without missing a beat.

"This a lovely first date by the way." Vera said, the smile of a troll creeping across her face.

"Just don't ask me to pick up the bill." Nathan trolled right back.

"Greetings. Welcome to our establishment. May I take your order?" The Droid Waiter asked as it approached, handing them both menus.

"We need to be mobile." He reminded.

"Two salads. Small." Vera requested of the Droid.

"Dressing?" The Droid asked.

"Olive oil." Vera answered.

"No dressing." Nathan added, taking another sip of water.

The Droid nodded, taking both orders and departed.

While they waited, the pair stared at each other, both finishing their glass of water.

Vera had that cocky little half smile. Nathan remained stoic and grim faced.

Vera leaned back in her seat.

"I still compare you to your daughter."

"And?" was Nathan's muttered response.

"I find it fascinating how much she takes after you despite not having known you. Like you, she too stated goals that were different from what she actually wanted. You say you want peace and quiet after it's all over: I don't buy it. Anymore than I bought that answer when she gave it."

Nathan didn't respond for a few seconds, trying to compose himself internally.

Vera smirked. "Oh, she could talk a good game even through the Speech Impediment...but I had seen her kill. Yeah...she wasn't going anywhere quiet."

"I told you, I don't like the violence." Nathan insisted, eyes still as rocks.

"You don't have to--which to me, is quite honestly a waste of perfectly good pain and suffering--to be addicted. To need it." Vera answered back. "Thank your Force that I'm smart enough to enjoy violence on a constant basis."

The salad finally arrived. The pair quietly began eating, the salt in the air from the sea breeze tingling their noses.

"But what do you get out of enjoyment?" Nathan asked, eyeing her like she was an unexploded mine.

"Must I get something out of it beyond the pleasure of being an apex killer? Must I have some sort of deep reasoning beyond enjoying what I am, for the sake of being it?" Vera asked.

"I suppose you cannot decide how you were created. You're still a monster." he affirmed.

"Only in relative terms. How many of your prey believed the same of you? Or any other Force User that went after them?" Vera questioned. "If anything, killing for food or pleasure is far more honest than killing for, say, I dunno, creeds and politics. The latter two are so mercurial. Or do you think the Clone Wars Jedi could look at you OR Laertia as anything but a menace. Or the modern Jedi Orders as anything but heretics and failures?"

"Clone Wars Jedi got what they deserved through the policies they enabled." he replied harshly as he ate the last of his salad.

"Your daughter expressed similar sentiments about the modern Jedi, especially after she started actively fighting them." Vera pointed out as she finished her own salad.

"That's her problem, not mine." he answered back.

"She also said something to that effect in regards to murdering Jedi." Vera said quietly, pulling out a gold credit card, leaving Nathan silent once more.

Vera paid for the meal and they were both walking down a more sparsely populated street, heading to the beach.

"I want to apologize for not reaching out to her emotionally, when I had the chance." Vera spoke suddenly as they walked a duracrete path winding through beach sands. "Perhaps all she needed was someone who was willing to tell her what she needed to hear, rather than what she wanted to hear."

"I didn't think you capable of the remorse necessary for apologies." Nathan admitted, stooping down to pick up what looked like a magenta kyber that had washed ashore, making note of the people following, coming in slowly and nonchalantly from different attack angles.

"We go deeper to the beach..." Nathan instructed. "There's a small cove where we can go and hem our pursuers in."

"You won't be too upset if I draw out a death or four, will you?" Vera asked in a faux-sweet manner.

Nathan sighed and began walking with her. He readied his own silenced slugthrower in his jacket, feeling three men close in behind them. The beach was rather deserted. Their pursuers be were well dressed.

"Take the three behind me, I'll take the two in front." Nathan told her.

Vera smirked, and rapidly whipped out her pistol just as five of their pursuers drew their own weapons. It happened in less than a second, rapid movement followed by silent flashes as five gunmen dropped to the sands. The pair began walking calmly away from the silent massacre, their remaining twenty now drawing vibroknives and pistols as they began closing in on the pair much more rapidly, trying to cut off escape attempts.

They did not understand. They were the ones who couldn't escape...

hXj9eXR.png
pUKmsJD.png

Django could not get drunk, which made him a good unsuspecting bodyguard in any delegation where drinking might be involved. Not that Former Suarbi President Mya Jesel Mya Jesel strictly needed a bodyguard. Kabal was a friendly world, all in all. There shouldn't be any issues here. Still, it never hurt to be a bit cautious. So here Django was, sipping on some magnificent Kabalian spiced rum, listening to the conversations of the nobles and politicians with half-heartedly feigned interest.
All part of the act, of course. He could pretend to get a buzz from the alcohol, maybe even nod off a little, but all the while he was paying attention to everything. Partially to fulfill his duty to the letter, but also just to occupy himself. At least the drink and food was good. Having spent ten years on Susevfi, Django had developed a fondness for baked manta-shark filets wrapped in kelptree leaves. The fish here was almost as good.
Madam Jesel was conversing with an Iridonian and some young fellow he didn't recognize. He sense no ill intent from either. He was rather curious when the actual trade talks would begin, but he didn't know how these things went. Perhaps they still had to break the ice with small talk first. That made sense. Neither the programming in his mind nor the training in the Ranger Corp. had taught him anything about social conversation or political interaction. He was a soldier, not a politician.

Objective: A what cruise?
Ambiance: X
Tags: Open

Notable Equipment:
Pyeth's Lightsaber
Pyeth's Spear
Alashgaan

Untitled498_20230515185620.png

When the prospect of shore leave was offered to them, Pyeth was uncertain what to do. It took him a whole day of research, until Nadira - perhaps out of frustration - asked if he would like to join her. Pyeth agreed of course.

Chartering a boat they embarked together, along side a dozen other tourists. Some he recognised, Quauhtli Sacul Quauhtli Sacul and his senior officers chief amongst them.

The boat was strange to Pyeth with it's wooden construction, and fabric sails. It's Captain was equally strange.

A booted human with silver hair welcomed them aboard. There was a air of military confidence about him and he wore a three pointed hat and blue cotton jacket complete with a golden thread trim and insignia.

It was some sort of military uniform? Although lacked any of the material technology he was used to.

"Welcome aboard The Preston, I am Captain Harecroft. May I take your names?"

"Nadira Banu, and my partner Pyeth Raffinki." She said handing him a pair of paper tickets.

The Captain repeated the names under his breath, scanning over a register. "Excellent." Harecroft waved over one of his staff, another human dressed in simpler baggy cotton clothing. A young man who smiled warmly at the pair.

"Renkin will show you to the quartermaster, we ask that you surrender all technological devices. They will be returned to you when we disembark."

Once aboard he turned to Nadira, "What is this all about? Why is the Admiral here."

"Admiral Quauhatli's recommendation. The ship is of ancient design, maintained by the Captain's family." She glanced down at a leaflet handing it to him.

They followed Renkin through a narrow and dimly lit corridor that expanded outwards into a large cabin, furnished with tables and delicate cloth.

The lanterns were electric he realised, but spared little expense in authenticity. Their construction solid iron and glass, and slightly imperfect making each piece unique. In a strange way, it reminded him of home.

The Quartermaster was a burly human, finely dressed but with much less care than Captain Harecroft. Pyeth handed over his communicator, but hesitated about his lightsaber. Nadira nudge persuaded him otherwise, "Ah a fine saber Master Raffinki. I'll ensure it remains in our secure hold."

Saber? Pyeth got the distinct impression that he was referencing something besides a lightsaber.

Once done, the quartermaster thanked them and handed over a authenticator disguised as a iron key.

"Your charter is two days to the islet of Cherub." Renkin said as he led them to another deck. "We will be making a stop at a nearby reef at 1400, where the Captain expects you to help catch tonight's lunch. As guests you will eat with the Captain."

His explanation stopped as they reached a cabin, politely requesting the key Renkin showed them how to open the door.

"If you need anything you can contact us with the bell." He motioned to a string besides the door. "Finally, I believe Rishii are carnivorous? Do you have any other dietary requirements?"

Both looked at each other and shook their heads.

"Excellent. I'll take my leave, and hope to see you on main deck later."

' ' - Mimicry

Separators by Lossa Darcuhl

Tides of Change

d7zwsVW.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble
Objective 3: BYOO
On the beaches of KABAL...

DPFKiwm.png

6Oi3Hhm.png
Elias took to the water with the eagerness of a teenager, laughing aloud as he paddled for the big wave. He could feel the cold strength of the sea as it bellowed behind him, rising beneath his board. The man kept his feet firm as he rose with the water, and when he was on the highest point, he looked to Valery to see if she'd caught the wave.

But judging by the lack of Noble on her board, it appeared the wave got her.

A faint startle jolted through his chest, but he knew better than to panic. He could sense Valery wasn't injured or in any serious danger. As the wave came crashing, Elias rolled off his board and waded through the water to where he felt her presence.

"That was a big one!" he called out, looking for her head to pop up above the waves. He didn't doubt she could handle the surf, but if she remained under for much longer, he'd have to dive in to help her.

Last edited:
iEbeozl.png

RTL_Sig.png

Still making sure he was keeping his vision and sense preoccupied so as to not give himself an unfair advantage, Corbin had seen Valery Noble Valery Noble wipeout on her surfboard. Even a Jedi Master could get so distracted to be bested by a wave. It was a humorous example of how one must always be careful of getting complacent or overconfident. But he knew she would be just fine, especially with Elias Edo Elias Edo with her.

This truly was a nice getaway. A mini vacation, even if it had the ulterior motive of having camaraderie with the Kabalians and convincing them to join the League. He made sure to make some small talk with the locals as well, complimenting and cheering any catch someone made, no matter how large or small.

That all being said, he couldn't help starting to feel a little restless. He was really starting to crave something a little more fun, more challenging. Probably just the Mandalorian training in him. And yet, there seemed a little more to it than that, something he couldn't quite figure out...
But for now, he'd just keep hauling in the fish.

Django Parata Django Parata Sargon Vynea Sargon Vynea Hector Vrenth

Mya finished her conversation and moved back over to the bar where she leaned against it, eyeing the general conversation that surrounded her. Much of it was smaller, more localized discussion among friends and relatives.

She didn't need to force herself into every conversation. If they had questions, they could ask her, or come and approach her while she sipped at the whiskey.

The Iridonian seemed different from the rest in the room. A calmness, perhaps? Some sort of confidence and experience? She raised her glass.

"You seem to assessing them as much as you're assessing me." It was a guess, but she was fairly shrewd in reading people at this point.

iEbeozl.png

Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

Alana glanced at the datapad, checking the scans and readouts, before catching a glance of a familiar face. Not one she was the most familiar with, but she at least knew of the other Jedi.

She slid the gear back into her myriad of pockets and broke into a jog.

"Hey, wait up!" She slowed down as she approached. "Ura, right? I can't remember if we've actually met before or if I've just seen lots of names in and around the temple. I'm Alana Sunrider."

She held out one hand, still walking. "Any adventures you have planned for this trip?"

iEbeozl.png

RTL_Sig.png

Corbin looked down at the fishing rod in his hands. This had been decent. Not a bad first day. The tourney itself would go on for an entire week, though he unfortunately didn't have the time for that. He could come back for a little tomorrow, then he had to leave for another Force-Tech meeting.

But one more fish first. Then he would call it a day. He cast the line one last time, sling the lure through the air to skip along the water's surface like an insect. He wondered how Madam Mya Jesel Mya Jesel 's talks were going. He might pop in after this to check in. If he remembered correctly, the restaurant, or tavern or whatever it was, was name The Little Minnows. An amusing pun, that name, with Kabal being one end of the Little Minos Run, the other end stopping at Cotellier. That system was right outside the edge of Sith-controlled territory... Corbin hoped its citizens were well and not in danger.

Feeling a tug, Corbin reeled in on the line, slowly here, rapidly there. He let the line out now and then, just to make the fish ease up, and to protect the line from snapping. Nice and easy, not a lot of effort spent, just time. He carefully reeled the fish in and grabbed the net. Not huge, but it would do. He took it over to the Official. "That's my last one for the day. I'll retire a couple hours early."

The Official simply nodded and took the fish. "Thank ye fur comin' out her an' participatin'."

Corbin left the venue in search for The Little Minnows.

iEbeozl.png

Tag: Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider

Ura was surprised to say the least as someone who to her vision looked like a Jedi called out, and quickly ran up. She'd look over, feeling the much smaller, cyan eyed Lervon quickly run to try and hide from the new person. She'd gently pat Balru before speaking up.

"Oh? Yes I am. It's... honestly a bit strange for me..... Being recognized." She'd look back down at the younger, sand-like being, who peeked out now. Meanwhile Ger'Off had waited as long as he could before panting and attempting to get Alana's attention. Ura would then continue, trying to get the waterdog's attention.

"Well right now just walking around to see what's here honestly. Try to find some fun."

d7zwsVW.png

Kabal
div-orange.png

"That was a big one!"

Valery remained quiet and still underwater after she had felt just a small moment of panic. She wasn't going to play dead or try to push it, but she waited until he was just about to dive after her, before suddenly emerging. Her hair flipped over her head, ending up behind her again in the most exaggerated way imaginable, and quite a smirk turned to her friend.

"You weren't scared, I hope?" Valery joked.

"This is all part of the experience~" she chuckled and reached for her board, so she could hoist herself up on top and sit down for a moment. The fall into the water had gotten her hair completely soaked, but she didn't seem to mind it one bit. This whole day was full of adrenaline and joy, and that was what she needed the most.

"You want to try more waves? Or prefer to head over to the beach and just lie down for a while?"

Tides of Change

d7zwsVW.png

DPFKiwm.png

6Oi3Hhm.png
"Scared?" Elias mocked with a grin, watching to make sure she got to her board alright. He did the same, catching a breather while they sat. The sea was beautiful today, but Elias wasn't a headstrong teenager anymore. An old shoulder wound from his youth reminded him of his age. He rubbed at the sore muscle for a moment, then nodded to the sand.

"I could use a bit of sun. Dry my hair," he added, shaking his dreads.

He enjoyed sunbathing nearly as much as surfing, and any chance to shoot the breeze with a friend was warmly welcomed. Elias would paddle ahead, keeping a subtle eye on Valery in case a rogue wave caught her off guard. He knew she didn't need his help, but he enjoyed feeling helpful. When they made it back to shore, he offered to take her board along with his, leading the way to their cabana. He pushed the boards into the sand end-first, propping them so that they could dry alongside the Jedi.

He eased down to his towel, making himself comfortable.

Last edited:

d7zwsVW.png

Kabal
div-orange.png

"Getting old?" Valery teased after she noticed him rubbing his shoulder. Technically, Valery was getting older too, but physically she was very much in her prime, so she could do this all day without a problem. But relaxing on the beach to get a tan and just enjoy the weather seemed like just as good of an idea, so she agreed and slowly began to swim back to shore on top of her board. Once she was there, she offered him the board and laid out her towel.

"Have you been here before? Or first time?" Valery asked with a smile. "I've been to a few tropical resort planets, but they feel so... tourist-y. This almost feels more relaxed to me," she said with a chuckle as she shifted from one arm to another, and then down to her legs.

"Maybe I'll come back here for a vacation sometime."

Last edited:

Saram Kote

Strill Securities Al'verde

Strill-Post-Banner.png

iEbeozl.png

Equipment​

Combat was rough. It took its toll on the body and the mind. For most it was the spaces in between that kept them sane. For Saram, it was the spaces inbetween that were the hardest part. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy the company of her squad, quite the opposite. She greatly enjoyed the down time with Davaab, but there was only so long you could spend with someone you already spent a majority of your time with before things got weird. It wasn't that she was devoid of hobbies either, but the amount of her own free time she was spending taking solo assignments or miscellaneous jobs was starting to concern some.

It wasn't just her squad, who'd repeatedly threatened to drag her out on shore leave themselves and made sure she didn't disappear off once they'd had enough of each other off on another assignment. Strill's doctors after her latest evaluation had called her workaholic tendencies "concerning". It wasn't just the aruetii doctors who'd said so either. Considering this was the second time she'd had to be convinced to take some time off, Saram decided to perhaps pay a little more attention to what was being said.

It seemed that Kabal was as good a spot as any, better than most, really, for such an occasion. The first thing about the planet she'd come to love was just how much fresh fish there was. Raised naturally, the fish tested markedly better than those that were raised in the aquaponics facilities of company warships and stations. She'd spent the first couple days buying fish and other seafood and cooking to her heart's content. Cooking it seemed, came as naturally to her as marksmanship.

Seeing how much the locals were giving freely to the newly arrived off world visitors in light of the world joining the trade league, Saram decided to give back to the people of the planet. She'd talked to one of the local food stall vendors and he'd agreed to let her borrow his stall for the day. So bright and early, Saram had stepped out and got all her ingredients, including first pick of the catch of the day. When she arrived she quickly and competently went about prepping her ingredients and opening the stall. She wasn't a professional cook by far, but anyone that cooked in a Mandalorian household very quickly learned how to get very efficient, very quickly.

"What are you doing here?" asked a young voice. Saram looked up from the dough she was portioning out to see a young girl. Well, 'young'. If she was a Mandalorian, she'd have probably taken her verd'goten by now.

"I lost a bet," she said after taking a moment to process her thoughts and then compose her words. She wasn't quite sure what to make of the girl, but something about her manner was endearing.

"No, I mean what are you doing at Mr. Kilhoa's stall," she said somewhat pointedly.

"Oh," said Saram as she realized she'd entirely misunderstood the question. "Well, I told you, I lost a bet. That and my squad threatened to drag me down here, company docs said I need to stop working so much, lots of reasons, pick whichever one you like." The girl raised both eyebrows in question. "Destan agreed to let me use his stall for a little demonstration," she added, answering the girl's question more precisely, finally.

"A demonstration? What're you making?" asked the girl, standing on her toes to try and look over the counter at what Saram was doing.

"Mandalorian fish dumpling soup," she replied with a slight smile as she began rolling the dumpling wrappers out. "It's my mother's recipe." Not to mention it was one of her favorite dishes.

"Are you a cook?" asked the girl, eyes darting toward the grip of the LRH-5A sitting snug in her thigh holster and then the hilt of her kal on the other side. "The fish here aren't that dangerous."

"Me? A cook? No. I'm a mercenary," Saram laughed quietly. Though the thought did amuse her. Still she very much doubted that a cook would have been her fallback option if the whole mercenary thing didn't work out.

"So why are you doing this?" she repeated, her head inclined ever so slightly to the side in a questioning, confused look.

"I told you, I lost a- do you always ask this many questions?" asked Saram with a frown as she picked up her fillet and began cutting it into small inch-sized cubes

"You answered all of them," countered the girl, folding her arms as a stubborn look formed on her features.

"Good point," Saram replied after a moment's deliberation, wondering how she'd walked so obliviously into that one. "Well, I guess it's kinda my vacation," she answered with a half shrug.

"You're working on your vacation?" she asked, arms falling back to her side. "Well, I guess its not your regular job so that kinda makes sense." By now, a small group had gathered to see what she was doing behind the stall of one of the regular street food purveyors.

"Well, thank you for being my first audience member," said Saram with a genuine smile to the girl before looking from her to the others assembled. "Alright everyone right on time. Today I'm going to be showing you how to make Mandalorian fish dumpling soup. You start by making a dough with about cup of flour and six spoons of water. I don't know if you guys have a lot of spoon sizes or anything, but they should be about this big." Saram held up the spoon she'd used for reference.

"You want to leave this dough for about fifteen minutes at least, two hours ideally. I made this one nice and early. Then you want to take your dough and roll it into three and half inch circles like I've done here." she continued, holding up one of the dumpling wrappers for them to see.

"Next you want to chop up your fish fillet into one inch cubes. You want to add three quarters of a spoon of salt, half a spoon of pepper, two spoons of fish stock if you've got it or you can use water, fermented Agamarian soybean sauce, two spoons of oil and half a spoon of vinegar into a bowl. Blend the liquid and your fish, start with two spoons and then add the rest slowly," she instructed, demonstrating the same as she went.

"You take that and put about a spoonful into the center of your circles and fold it like this," she added, demonstrating how to sutff the dimpling before putting xpertly assembled dumplings into the steamer. "Once you've done that, you're going to steam them for eight minutes."

"Alright, now you take eight whole cups of stock, I'm sure you've all got fish stock around somewhere, right?" she said giving them a faux questioning look that garnered a few laughs. "And you mix in a quarter cup of fermented Agamarian soybean sauce, three quarter cup of vinegar and one onion into the broth. You probably want to peel and chop that first though."

"Now's about the point where you want to do two things. One add some spice,"
she continued, holding up her home made bottle of Mandalorian chili sauce before dropping some in. "We call this spicy juice. It's not a great translation, but hey, I'm not a linguist, not a chef either though, so..." Once more the crowd laughed in response. "Everyone's got their own recipe, I can leave you mine but any spicy sauce will work. Pepper oil works too."

"Alright, then you want to put this on the heat,"
she said, putting the dish on the stove and turned the heat on. "We'll give it a few minutes." She looked up from the dish and saw the same little girl who gave her a reassuring smile. Saram returned the smile before absentmindedly glancing around at the rest of those gathered.

The fragrant aroma that signaled the soup's ingredients had gotten to know each other refocused her attention. Saram took out two nun eggs and cracked them into a bowl, beating them once she was sure there were no shell fragments. "The other thing you want to do is beat two eggs. I've got two nuna eggs here. Then you just stream it in like this and it'll make some nice...uh, ribbons, I guess," she said, stirring with one hand while the other did steamed in the beaten eggs.

"Now that's done, you add the dumplings to the soup and serve," she said, slowly and gently lowering the dumplings into the soup individually. "And that's done!" she announced, serving some into a bowl and putting a spoon in. Saram held the soup out to the little girl expectantly.

The girl took it, gingerly picking up the spoon and trying some of the soup, "Oooh, that's good.
Spicy, but good!" Saram nodded her thanks, ladling out soup to a few adventurous souls. Some, content with watching, thanked her and moved on. She washed off her hands and poured herself a bowl, leaning against the stall, accepting thanks for the soup.

When she looked up from her soup she saw the little girl tossing the empty bowl, "Thank you for the soup!"

"Anytime kid," she replied, smiling. She watched as the girl ran off into the crowd as long as she could before turning her gaze to the seaside. Taking a deep breath of fresh air, she reminded herself that maybe a vacation from time to time wasn't such a bad idea.

Tides of Change

d7zwsVW.png

DPFKiwm.png

6Oi3Hhm.png
Wish I could say I have,” he answered, “but this is my first time to Kabal. It has that sort of… untamed beauty, without being devoid of people.” The capital, Shoribus, was no Galactic City, but it certainly wasn’t a frontier village either. Kabal had a lovely balance between nature and the people who called this world their home, and that symbiosis was amazing to him.

I’d love to study here sometime, perhaps bring a few Padawans along and catalog the local herbs.” It may seem out of place for a martially trained Jedi to love plants so much, but Elias had a soft spot for the delicate little things. Life at its humblest, he’d always heard.

Last edited:
Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

Alana flashed the younger Jedi a grin. "Well, I do try to and recognize and remember as many people as possible. It's the right thing to do, after all?" She slowed and caught her breath, grinning down at the waterdog, before resting her hands on her knees. "Dagobah's making me soft. Used to be jogging like that was no problem, but I am feeling it now."

She paused for a moment and tapped on the computer gauntlet she wore at her wrist. "Maybe the atmosphere here is thinner, or gravity is heavier." Those were jotted down as notes to be looked at later before she focused back on the others. This time, her grin bore a the unmistakable glint of mischief.

"What do Jedi padawans do for fun these days? I mostly skipped that whole step, so I never really got to be much of a padawan."

Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider

Ura would tilt her head a bit while Ger'Off would give Alana a few playful licks. She did finally chuckle a bit, looking over.

"I wouldn't know. I'm not great when it comes to organic biology." As Ura said this, Balru finally peeked back out. It would be somewhat difficult to tell the Lervon child from her mom, mostly do to their similarly colored crystal mass, but she slowly seemed to be more ok with the new person there. Ura gave the little Lervon a pat, then looked as Alana asked what Padawans got into.

"In all honesty, if you speed through being a Padawan it's been some time for me. Not really sure what Padawans do now, though I'd guess some mischief."

Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

"Oh, hi there," Alana said, pausing to bend down as Ger'off came by and said hello. "You're a small cute thing." She grinned as she stood back up, turning to glance around the marketplace. "It's not that I sped through being a padawan as much as I never was a padawan. I spent some time with the Je'daii, ran with an ex-Jedi turned bounty hunter, and that was the extent of my training." She shrugged.

"Mostly self-taught, to be honest. I think it's why I don't usually get along well with most formal Jedi Orders." Her eyes sparkled in thought. "I've never heard anyone say in the Jedi Code that mischief wasn't allowed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom